00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Broken computer? 2006-02-22 15:50:23

I'm typing this from my mom's computer.
I was onthe computera few minutes ago, when all of a sudden, it made a series of loud popping noises, and turned off. I unplugged it and plugged it back in a fewminutes later, but the CPU part won't turn on, only the moniter. I didn't spill anything on it or nothing, it was just on one second, went POPOPOP, then was off. Computer's only a year old, too. Did it fry out or something? I'm at the mercy of you nerds for help, lol.
I'll check back in a few hours to see if anyone knows what happened. It'd REALLY suck if it's broken...so much for being top in daily B/P's this week, lol. Thanks for any help.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Broken computer? 2006-02-22 15:54:23

It sounds like something definetly fried in there. I'd say either something shorted out your motherboard or your processor.

I would suggest taking it in to someone who knows about computers for help, if you don't know what you're doing.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to Broken computer? 2006-02-22 16:02:50

Sound like something serious i would go and get it checked by a person who knows a lot about computers

Response to Broken computer? 2006-02-22 18:36:48

Yeah, that's what I figured :sigh:...guess I'll do that. Thanks.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Broken computer? 2006-02-22 23:07:17

Did you smell burning? Does your power-supply fan or the fan on your CPU turn on? Do you hear anything like beeps or whirrrs when you try to turn it on?

Response to Broken computer? 2006-02-22 23:17:41

yeah that happend to mine too except me and my dad were playing with the power wattage from 220 to 115... xD. Bu tno fear, my comp , this exact same one, is also a year old! And for hold as THE FUTURE has taken care of power outages! xD! Anyways, the thing that went POP! for me was the power supply the thing that gives the comp power, and nothing inside the comp was damaged! YAY!... but it was expensive, i say either go check it out, and hsee how much it costs... after that either get a new comp or get it fixed...

Response to Broken computer? 2006-02-23 13:49:12

At 2/22/06 11:07 PM, NaughtyKitty wrote: Did you smell burning? Does your power-supply fan or the fan on your CPU turn on? Do you hear anything like beeps or whirrrs when you try to turn it on?

It did smell a little burn-y right after it turned off, but not super bad. It wouldn't turn on at all...right now it's at a professional's, since I don't know anything about the guts of a computer, lol.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Broken computer? 2006-02-23 14:01:56

At 2/23/06 01:49 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: It did smell a little burn-y right after it turned off, but not super bad. It wouldn't turn on at all...right now it's at a professional's, since I don't know anything about the guts of a computer, lol.

Well it sounds like you just blew your power supply. I've went through two already. It should only cost you ~$15 to replace by yourself. The professional will prolly cost you a bundle.