00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sneaksby1997 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

City / Culture Club

13,218 Views | 177 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

City / Culture Club 2005-12-19 19:58:59

==City / Culture Club==
--------------------------------
Ok lets see how this works...

Here you may discuss about your city the culture, maybe some of your fave hotspots, maybe a celeb lives by, or something was invented right in your home town.

Basicly talk about your city what you love about it what you hate about it.

RULES
-----------
NO Spam
Follow NG Rules
Respect others
--------------

No numbers or asking to join, this club is for everyone and a way for some of us to understand how the other lives, maybe its New York muggings, or Affricas wild :-)

so no signups required just fill this out when joining...

City?
What do you hate about it?
What do you likea bout it?
Weather?
Fave attraction?
Culture?
How is the Crime?

Feel free to add to this if you like, and describe it abit good and bad, anyways welcome to the club

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-19 20:07:45

At 12/19/05 07:58 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: City?

Coon Rapids, MN

Well, it used to be a gang territory, but that got cleaned about two years ago. As of right now I can't think of anything.

Everything I need in this city. Not only that, but everything incredibly convient. A lot of schools to choose from.

Weather?

Since MN is in the 45th parallel, during the summer, it's incredibly hot, but during the winter like this morning being at -14 below, it gets to be incredibly cold.

Fave attraction?

Can't really say at the moment.

Culture?

What used to be only Latino, black, and asian. It's heavily mixed now. People are laearning languages and listening to foreign music, that I like.

How is the Crime?

It's incredibly low, gangs don't exist where I live anymore, well except for old members and active members, but they don't start anything.

Feel free to add to this if you like, and describe it abit good and bad, anyways welcome to the club

~X~

I'd very much like to be apart of this club. It's a nice idea.

Still original, creative & innovative, most known unknown.

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-19 20:13:31

Mast3rMind

Welcome to the club, im glad you like the idea, hope it turnsout well...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-19 20:23:16

First of all i like the sound of this club.I think its a great idea for you to make a new successful club!

City?

brooklyn,ny

I hate brooklyn,ny cause its soo crowded!

I love the shopping in brooklyn,ny.
Weather?

Very cold winters,mild summers.
Fave attraction?

Hmmm good question.My fav attraction would have to be the twin towers memorial.
Culture?

n/a
How is the Crime?

If you havent noticed crime is very bad in new york.But where i live its kinda peaceful.

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-19 20:30:29

Thanks CrimsonRocker...

And nice infor Newgrundling...

For me i live in Orange County Calif USA, Home of the Angels baseball team, mighty ducks hockey, Disneyland, knotts, sunny beaches, and every now and then a few earthquakes but nothing to get worked up about, it rains now and then, which is something we need more of...

As for traffic, well the freeways are like one huge parkinglot, the bus system is crazy, at night its abit fun, the beaches are all light up, oh and i may also say that huntington beach holds one of the countries champion surfing thingies every year, there is much more and ill go into it as i remember...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-19 20:36:56

Well, let me tell you a little about Coon Rapids and what it's known heavily for sadly. About seven miles away from where I live, there is a Roller Rink that is named "Cheapskate", and underaged prostitution go on within that rink everyday. I've been there, I know that much for a fact. The youngest I've seen was a 13 year old, and that's not right. You can call the cops, but they really won't do much, that and pimps really do exist, only these ones are more violent. So even though the gangs disappeared, the pimps are still existant. Nice info about your place though ~X~. Same with you Newgrundling and Crimsonrocker.

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-19 20:41:48

At 12/19/05 08:36 PM, Mast3rMind wrote: Well, let me tell you a little about Coon Rapids and what it's known heavily for sadly.

Aww i see, underaged prostitution cant be good, mainly for the ones doing it, as for the pimps i beleive that, and as for the 13 yearolds i beleive that aswell there have been many stories of the girls starting out in a big city and things just get worse from then on out....

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-19 20:58:49

At 12/19/05 08:41 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: ~X~

It's the only thing wrong with Coon Rapids that I can think of. But my little brother lives in Anoka, MN, which is about 12 miles away from Coon Rapds *depending which exit you take*. Anoka is the Halloween capital of the world, but it's also the Meth capiral of the world, or so everyone says. I can tell you a little bit about each city I live nearby to make it more interesting.

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-19 22:09:14

Ya tell us about whatever city thats close or you may have loved in, i have loved in a few myself from Texas to Tenn, Vegas, and now California...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-19 22:23:36

Irvine, California

Lots of stuck up, bratty, rich kids.

What do you like about it?

The variety of people and cultures.

Weather?

Sunny

Fave attraction?

Wild Rivers and U.C.I. (University of California, Irvine) Lots of famous and good skatespots.

Culture?

Lots of Koreans and Persians

How is the Crime?

One of lowest in the Nation :)

~X~

Cool idea. I like it. I hope to meet other kids on Newgrounds from Irvine. :)

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-19 23:36:46

At 12/19/05 10:23 PM, ExtraLife wrote: Irvine, California

Oh thats close to me, and thats home of the "BLIZZARD NORTH" diablow and warcraft game designers

Lots of stuck up, bratty, rich kids.

Haha true...

What do you like about it?
The variety of people and cultures.

True and there is a big mixture of all sorts of different people...

Fave attraction?
Wild Rivers and U.C.I. (University of California, Irvine) Lots of famous and good skatespots.

Yep i forgot about the skate parks, i thought they would make one out of lions park in costa mesa but they didnt.

Culture?

Dont forget the chineese, i have many friends in irvine :-)

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-19 23:44:46

Washington Grove (its a very small town)

That theres nothing really in it...

The community is unlike any other community i've heard of or seen...

Weather?

Decent...

Fave attraction?

The park or lake (thats about all we got)...

Culture?

Good?

How is the Crime?

Very very very low...

Washington Grove is a small town... Its a close community w/ its own mayor... Everybody knows everyone else and most people are pretty close... Its a very hippie like town, all about nature and stuff... Uhh no stores and we (being the town) have a bunch of fields (but they dont belong to us anymore), a nice woods, a park, and a small lake...

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-19 23:54:34

At 12/19/05 11:36 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 12/19/05 10:23 PM, ExtraLife wrote: Irvine, California
Oh thats close to me, and thats home of the "BLIZZARD NORTH" diablow and warcraft game designers

You're right,I remember I was at Del Taco near UCI, and my friend swore to me that the people who walked in after us were some WarCraft people. I wanted to ask them about the legend "pwned" but I'm a puss.

Fave attraction?
Yep i forgot about the skate parks, i thought they would make one out of lions park in costa mesa but they didnt.

Hmm...they just opened one up not too long ago on Costa Mesa...I've heard good things.

Culture?
Dont forget the chineese, i have many friends in irvine :-)

Ahaha.

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-19 23:56:34

At 12/19/05 11:44 PM, -Superman- wrote: Washington Grove

That is such a perfect name for a town or city... kinda like in GTA city names...

Abit more on Orange county the movie Orange county was funny, and the show THE OC seems to be a big hit, and the other show Laguna is ok...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-20 00:24:01

At 12/19/05 11:56 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Abit more on Orange county the movie Orange county was funny, and the show THE OC seems to be a big hit, and the other show Laguna is ok...

I wish it was like The OC...

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-20 00:25:59

At 12/20/05 12:24 AM, -Superman- wrote:
At 12/19/05 11:56 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Abit more on Orange county the movie Orange county was funny, and the show THE OC seems to be a big hit, and the other show Laguna is ok...
I wish it was like The OC...

A bunch of white spoiled kids who do nothing but party and have sex?...Oh wait..thats a good thing...nevermind. :D

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-20 00:37:51

At 12/20/05 12:25 AM, ExtraLife wrote: A bunch of white spoiled kids who do nothing but party and have sex?...Oh wait..thats a good thing...nevermind. :D

I just want the rich part... Its not that i want to be rich (that'd be nice though) but like our fields (which aren't really ours) are gonna be made into like a new large ass neighborhood thats gonna end up ruining our neighborhood... If we had money we could buy back the fields... Also if some people had some money i dont think some families would be as wierd as they are...

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-20 01:48:37

Beautiful La Canada Flintridge, CA. (squiggly thing over the n)

We have a bad septic tank smell that is a problem for the entire city, thankful it doesn't smell that often. They're building sewers to get rid of that problem. Also this town has a reputation for being where"the rich kids live".

Everything else, the view is insane from my house, the size, the people, the clean air.

Weather?

Its socal, sunshine 350 days a year.

Fave attraction?

The Rose Bowl, even though Pasadena calls it theirs, its a brisk walk from our local highschool. And JPL (Jet Propulsion Labrotory), even though Pasadena calls it theirs, its on our land. Oh and we're close to Dodger stadium as well. We also have the best pizza, Georgees.

Culture?

Laid-back, a lot of old rich people, though the average age is declining. But mainly an atypical old fashioned american town.

How is the Crime?

Hardly any.

I just realized, I love where I live.

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-20 03:12:36

Possibly one of the greatest club ideas ever to be put out, ~X~ - a job well done!

City?

Welcome to Washington D.C., the Political capital of the United States!

1. Washington rivals Madison, Wisconsin, in the most liberal city of the USA.
2. With the common-place political protest, traffic is a nightmare.
3. The public schools inside the city are probably some of the worst in the country. They waste millions of dollars into it, when kids don't come, and the schools rot with actual holes in them.

Maybe that's why I go private...?

Most of the other things I might put in this catagory are only "mediocre"

1. Imagine having famous places, like the Capital Dome, the White House, the Washington Monument - all at about a 10 minute drive away. Wonderful.
2. No buildings above 8 stories are allowed in the District of Columbia (Washington), allowing for beautiful air and such.
3. With the mall, and other attractions, the city has so much green, you'd sometimes be suprised your in a city, compared with Detroit.

Weather?

Terribly hot summers, reaching up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.

For winters, it depends on the year. Usually, there's a few inches of snow, while other times, it's drearily just rain on leaves.

Fave attraction?

I'd have to go with the Washington Monument. With the surrounding buildings far below, you can see the entire beauty of the landscape, streching from the Potomac River, to the Japanese Cherry Trees.

Culture?

Over 90% of the population in D.C. are African American. I'm white, and sadly have to admit that I live in the richer part of town. Meaning I can't tell you exactly what happens all over.

However, just yesterday, I went to The National Theatre, and watched Les Misérables being performed.

I can't go into detail about the nightclubs around Town, because frankly, I don't go to them. Bouncers would probably throw me out beforehand.

How is the Crime?

Crime is rampant in D.C., to the point that one could almost say depressing.

It's normaly to every day, hear on the local news that somebody was murdered. You infer that you'll see it.

Even more pathetic, DC dispatches about one police car to the scene of a murder in SE (Southeast), the poorer area of the city.

Here in NW (Northwest), the richer part, a car gets stolen, and we have choppers over head.

Crime is bad - you hear of tire slashings, carjackings, and murders.

Not that you normally see it - however, you hear about it.

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Review Request Club // Former Wi/Ht? Regular

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-20 03:25:29

Apologies to double-post, but it seems I've left out some information.

Washington DC's Crime Index comes out to a whopping 732.4 - the national average is 329.7 - the lower the better.

Here's the scary part:

In the Past Year:
Murders - 248
Rapes - 273
Robberies - 3,836
Assaults - 4,482
Burglaries - 4,670
Auto Thefts - 9,549

Please note, that normally, I don't see any of this - as sadly, again, I live in the more 'well-off' part of town.

Also, our temperatures just about match the National Average, as shown by the attached picture.

-------

Special thanks to this for the extra info.

City / Culture Club

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-20 03:26:38

At 12/20/05 01:48 AM, seventy-one wrote:
Everything else, the view is insane from my house, the size, the people, the clean air.

Oh, I almost forgot, we have a great school system, our High School (La Canada High) is a national blue-ribbon school. I think it may have to do with the rich, retired people donating all their money to the schools.

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-20 04:01:38

so no signups required just fill this out when joining...

City?

gosford city - austrlia.

tourists.

its the best place in the world!
apart from the tourists.

Weather?

awesome, almost all the time.

Fave attraction?

skillion.
some cliff. lol.
at 'the haven' which is my footy ground..
greatest rugby field in the world.
surrounded by water on 3 sides,
perfect hill to sit on.
awesome.

Culture?

beach culture, laid back.

How is the Crime?

east coast of australia - race riots!
not good!

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-20 06:51:54

Lots of good stuff about peoples cities and such, cool, this club actually is better then i thought...

Anyways, as of one city New Orleans and with its recent Katrina and whatnot, i hope that jazzy citty comes back to what it was if not more, from what i understand a few celebs are opening shop to bring back some of the great jazz...

But other then that maybe some of the people can rebuild and make it a better place then what it may have been...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-20 08:35:28

City?

Brighton

Chavs

Almost everything, the lanes, beaches, some of the people, food etc.

Weather?

Beutifal when its sunny - mostly cloudy in UK

Fave attraction?

Seaside

Culture?

Festive, nice bands from Brighton: The kooks and the Go! team.

How is the Crime?

3/10 :P Nothing too serious

Just a rough description.

Sig by CoolCatDaddio. <<RESPECT>>

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-20 10:46:38

The mansion of the guy who invented the ice cream cone is down the street from me (philadelphia)

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-20 11:03:09

brooklyn,nyc

to many fucking racist.

i was born there thats why.

Weather?

cold,snowy

Fave attraction?

pretty much the streets

Culture?

mixtured

How is the Crime?

the crime here is high all the time police dont give a crap about it.

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-20 12:03:45

At 12/19/05 07:58 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: ==City / Culture Club==

I'd be happy to join.

City?

Staten Island, New York.

It used to be an Island with very few houses and filled with woods, now it is becoming overpopulated and houses are bieng put up everywhere.

It is very peaceful, simple, and has a kick ass view of Manhaten.

Weather?

The weather is what you expect from the seasons, in the winter it snows, in the summer it rains, nothing unexpected.

Fave attraction?

St. George ferry terminal (Transports Islanders to Manhaten). I pass through it everyday on my way to school and Iused to hate it because it was run down and filthy, but now they fixed it up and it looks amazing.

Culture?

It used to be alot of people that moved in from Broklyn, but know all the Russians, and Mexicans are moving in. I'm afraid that it will soon be like Broklyn.

How is the Crime?

In my area there is none, not counting me and my friends of course ;), but in areas like St. Goerge and Clifton, that's where the hoods are at and alot of crime goes on there.

NG Mafia

I've evolved.

digi-digi

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-20 13:01:52

At 12/20/05 06:51 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: But other then that maybe some of the people can rebuild and make it a better place then what it may have been...

~X~

New Orleans will probably never reach again what it used to be - sure, it might recover, but something this devastating...

You have to feel sorry for those in the path of that hurricane.

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-20 14:45:01

I lived in vegas for a year, it was very interesting, the crime was really bad though, i lived not to far from the strip, and there was always some strike going on, bus system hotels, but there were some good jobs, just with strikes and all hard to come by...

Its a fun city to love in, and on newyears its a blast, traffic was horrid, but some of the better stuff about Vegas was that there is always something open, want a hot steak just go down to the casinos...

Weather well it gets hot 100 degrees and more, but you get use to it, and it gets cold in winter with some snow in some areas....

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to City / Culture Club 2005-12-20 14:59:13

At 12/20/05 02:55 PM, SantasHo wrote: Jesus, ~X~, you make me feel so jealous. I've only live in Ontario my whole life,

I like to travel thats why, I once took a trip on bus from california to Tenn took about 3 days but there was lots to see, lots of great places and different weather as well as seeing how different people are from place to place...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature