Cool but messy ._.
Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!
Cool but messy ._.
This is my jam!!!
The song does sound clippy like the last review said, but I guess that's really the charm of Newgrounds music and the way they just empower amateur sound and all. I don't really like all the professional-sounding music on Newgrounds nowadays, especially when they're actually from big producers like TheFatRat. Totally ruins the indie atmosphere that this site is supposed to have.
I don't think many will agree with me there, but excuse me while I listen to this song 20 more times before I go to bed.
Totally agree with you man, a lot of the most popular stuff sounds very homogenized nowadays. I prefer listening to stuff that are different and unique despite some of them being amateur productions. Still though, EDM is still something I need a lot more practice on. It's not that hard but I don't listen to it a lot so I ended up struggling when I made this song.
I'm a bit late in reviewing this, so I might be a broken record and say what others have already said, but I'm just gonna say it anyway. Sorry if I'm a bit too blunt.
1. The bass sound is, well, bad. It sounds outdated in my opinion.
2. There's too much going on at once. It feels like all the sounds are cramped in a tiny space.
3. Dynamic range is non-existent. The entire track is at the same volume, which makes the drop less powerful.
4. The buildup doesn't create enough tension, and the drop has no impact.
5. It feels like there's no sidechain, which makes the kick powerless. In fact, the kick is basically non-existent at this point.
6. Nitpick here, the buildup, feels like it's cut off by 2 beats, which makes the drop feel rushed.
7. The melodies fall flat.
8. The entire track feels like it's clipping. Probably because of how you mastered it.
Overall, it's bad. But hey, you'll get better with time. Don't worry about it, just practice some more.
Hey! Thanks for the feedback! It's definitely one of the worst tracks I ever made but I made it mostly to learn more about the genre rather than to try to get the song popular.
I think your point about dynamic range was the most helpful because I genuinely thought that it's always better to reduce dynamic range in dance music.
A couple points I feel I should address, though.
- Yes, there is sidechaining. Just not very well implemented because the release was too short.
- I deliberately cut off beats from the build-up just for kicks because I know it's unexpected. 'Cause why not? I felt like it.
Thank you for your time. :D
i kind of like messy
Good song, keep it up :)
You are free to copy, distribute and transmit this work under the following conditions:
*Please contact me if you would like to use this in a commercial project. We can discuss the details.