This is a NGADM Round 1 Review.
- Solid introduction, it truly lays the foundation of the theme and overall feel of the track.
- Wonderful orchestration (the strings, piano and choirs work together beautifully).
- As pointed out already, suitable for lots of things (game, film, TV, etc.)
You have made a really pretty track, it sounds inspirational and it does evoke emotion as well! I like how you introduce each instrument into the track -- you do so in a soft way, that flows nicely with the pacing of the song. I can definitely picture this in a variety of different scenarios: games, films, TV series, you name it! You have definitely accomplished what you set out to do!
What to consider:
- This piece is quite generic.
- The conclusion needs a little more attention.
- The mix is a bit hit-and-miss!
Since this piece would work well in lots of different forms of entertainment and media (which is a good thing), it stands as a fairly generic piece. Very cookie-cutter. As a result, it represents a double-edged sword! The composition could make use of a stronger melody (use that piano) to evoke emotions through more variety! The overall production is great, but the piano becomes lost in the mix when you bring in the percussion, strings and the choir.
The conclusion could be far more grand, I think! Perhaps you could consider utilizing the choir and the strings to build up to a climax and then softly finish with the piano. The possibilities are really endless.
Keep at it, Marterro!