Amazing song! VERY great space feeling!
Thank you :)
Hi there! :) I review/criticize tracks on the audio portal in three categories:
- Composition (Melody, chord progression, intervals, etc.)
- Mixing (Technical part, volume, frequency balance, etc.)
- Feeling (Basically what I feel while listening)
Remember, this is all my personal opinion ;) I listen with a Sennheiser 650 HD headphone.
I apologize in advanced for my English :D
I like it! The timing is a bit weird but it all fits together. Nice progression switch at 0:46. It's gives a really sleepy feeling ^^
Overall it fits together. You leveled your sounds out quit well; nothing is to loud and you can hear every sound in the mix. Still I have two main things to mention in your mix:
1. Try to balance out your frequency spectrum. Your mid frequencies (400 Hz - 800 Hz) maybe are slightly too loud. Try to cut some sounds with a EQ around 600 Hz, maybe it will smooth your track even more.
2. The first part is really dreamy with a lot of sustain, and that's what makes it magical. But the beat/bass that comes in is really dry, and in my opinion it takes away the dreamy feeling. Try to play around with reverb on the snare / hi hat. Maybe a little should be enough to make your track more open :)
As mentioned earlier, I get a magical / dreamy feeling. It could fit right in a easy phased game or something.
Keep up the good work! :)
Thank you for the review. It means a lot :) I will hopefully improve in the points you made.