TL:DR - don't be a dick and don't cause problems for anyone.
Most of these rules apply to general chat and any other public channel. Some of the rules don't apply as much to private channels
, which are available for anyone to use barring any type of activity that could potentially harm the site (illegal, etc.).
and Forum Rules
applies to chat as well (where applicable). In addition, here are several examples of:
Things that will most definitely get you banned from chat
- Ban evasion will get you an automatic 30-day ban
- Discussing yours or another user's ban from any other part of the site, both past and present, in any way
- Trying to discuss, reason, or negotiate your way out of the rules and/or out of a ban
- Engaging in racism, sexism, or any other type of hate through text, emoticons, URLs, etc.
- Going overboard with heated debates over politics, religion, or anything else - these types of discussions should be had in private channels (which we'll ask you to do if the discussion becomes too heated)
- Intentionally baiting and trolling other users
- Being generally annoying to other users and causing drama, even after being asked to stop
- Constantly putting the site or another user's work down with nonconstructive / excessively negative criticism
- Passing messages between users when one has the other blocked
- Threatening self or another user's harm in any way
- Discussing and defending pedophilia or anything else illegal in any way (do that somewhere else)
- Engaging in any other illegal or otherwise harmful activity
- Flooding chat with an excessive number of messages (this results in an automatic 24-hour ban)
- Linking to viruses, referral sites, or maliciously coded websites
- Spamming links to content, yours or someone else's
- Posting someones real information (doxxing); this includes ANY info public or private, including real name and/or any personally identifyable information whatsoever
- Claiming ignorance of the rules is no excuse
If you create alt accounts to try to get around a ban, ALL of your accounts will be subject to an automatic 30-day ban and even a possible account lock and/or deletion. If you use Tor or any other anonymous proxies to get around bans, you will most likely be automatically banned and/or locked out of all associated accounts automatically.
We usually give fair warning when anyone is crossing the line, but we're not going to go out of our way to issue warning after warning.
We want to make chat fun and light for most people - not necessarily a safe space
, but a place where anyone can hang back and relax, share their art, talk about games, etc. There are plenty of other places out there where you can get into the ultra heavy negative stuff, like private channels
(within reason, nothing illegal, etc.)
And if you're concerned about your freedom of speech being violated by these rules, please read this