Credits & Info
- Oct 2, 2009 | 1:17 AM EDT
If you liked this, check these out!
High-score table fixed (after a year being broken)! Both control schemes are noted in the help screen now.
W,A,S,D control scheme has been added: A,D for turning ship, W for thrust, S for repeller, and CTRL for firing your gun. The old Z,X, SLASH, ENTER, SHIFT controls still work, but they're no longer mentioned in the help screen.
- Shoot asteroids and bugs for points.
- Fire REPELLER once per warp to push away and destroy close objects
- Bugs subtract points from your score when they touch you. If they take you below a 10,000 point mark, you lose a shield.
- New shields are awarded every 10,000 points.
- Monster appears every third warp, with possibility of 4000+ points for defeating him and all his spawn.
- Bonus for clearing screen before warp.
I've played around a dozen Asteroids-type Flash games and wasn't particularly taken with any of them, so I took my own crack at it and tried to stay true in many respects to the original. The enemies are different, the monster in particular is different, the shields-instead-of-ships angle is different, but it's still very much asteroids.
This being my first Actionscript project, there are certainly potential bugs and I'll do my best to quickly repair them once brought to my attention, but I've played some fairly intense sessions on the game and I think she's pretty much good to go.
There are tips for scoring as well as an all-time high score table at the game's home page: http://www.apocalyptek.co m/asteroid_i-x/index.html . Also, a pretty sweet mock-up of an Asteroid I/X coin-op cabinet, so you might check that out if you're of a mind.
I guess that's it. Have a go, let me know what you think. Cheers!