00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GingaSnappd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mal's gift to you: Review answers

24,117 Views | 212 Replies

Response to Mal's gift to you: Review answers 2009-04-04 20:01:50

At 4/4/09 07:41 PM, Clbull wrote: I have another question.

What if theres nothing wrong with the review itself, but the author is giving abusive responses to the review. Is itl a good idea to flag the review or not?

From page 4 of this thread, my answer for this question was:

"well, we have no tools to delete only an author's comments, so review moderators can't really delete an otherwise fine review just because the author is being an asshat. That would leave way too much room for authors to abuse it by leaving abusive comments on reviews which aren't the score they want...and try to mess with the review score of their submission instead of dealing with the criticism."

Guys, please read the whole thread before you post.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Mal's gift to you: Review answers 2009-04-05 04:16:41

I have a question, this is more for the future. What if someone makes a game with medals and specifically asks in the comments to not leave spoilers. Also say if someone submits a game with custom level codes and asks that all codes be shared on his user page and not in the reviews, would those be abusive.

I was just wondering because in those cases it is the authors wishes that those not be in the reviews.

JUNE 28, 2009. RIP BILLY MAYS. THE LEGEND, THE GOD, THE BILLY MAYS.

Current Medal Score 49220. Ranked:90th +12

BBS Signature

Response to Mal's gift to you: Review answers 2009-04-05 21:33:14

Oh noes, it appears this thread is locked :(

fret not, if your question hasn't already been answered in here or your still curious about that newly deleted review, you may ask it in the new thread, Review Answers 2.0

But before you run over there, make sure you read all of this thread first, you'll just be coming back again once you read my first post ^_^

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature