00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List

544,377 Views | 5,452 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-11 07:32:16

And now, for teh replying to everything since I updated the list on Saturday night!

At 5/8/05 12:20 AM, YoinK_VineS wrote: very nice update gfox. Looks like there's now six of us as triplelisted. That's so cool. It looks like Denvish is going to take away my 9th spot. But that's alright... i'm not very active right now because of school... I'm hoping to increase that review count though. I really want to reach that 4k review mark.

Thanks, Yoink. I noticed you got yourself banned by Saturday like two minutes after you posted the above post... did she ban you just for claiming to be friends with her? #;-}>

Yes, Denvish is going to bump you down to 10th place, but at least you'll still be in the top 10, eh? Good luck with your reviewing. 3600ish reviews isn't a bad number to be at, though. I'd certainly take it!

At 5/8/05 12:37 AM, ramagi wrote: Congratz to ReconRebel and_lightning_
I am sure both are happy.

I would hope they are happy, yes! I certainly would be. And will be, in a couple more months. #;-}>

At 5/8/05 05:13 AM, schneelocke wrote: That's cool, too! Let's make sure it stays there on the front page... and moves further up, too. Watch out, David Firth! ^^

ha ha ha. Yes.... indeed. #;-}> So far, it's doing really well again this week. Keep up the good work, everyone! Breaking 20 each week is becoming easier and easier. Maybe we'll hit 30 one of these days.

At 5/8/05 10:13 AM, BonusStage wrote: La la la, looks like i'd have passed altr ... if i could :'(, also ... lightning just HAPPENED to come in right behind where i'd have been XD, but yeah he's a slow man these days :P

If you're past someone in total points, then you're past someone in total points. Just because you don't qualify yet for the new 2x10k form of the list doesn't mean your points don't add up to more than someone who IS on the list. #;-}>

After all, someone with 10,000 exp and 10,000 blams but 0 in all the other three stats... while they may be on the current form of the list, would you rather have that account, or the account of someone with 9000 in ALL FIVE STATS, eh? I'd take the latter.

Horray i was mentioned in the closeness ^.^, but it seems Quik may make it before me, NNOOOO he needs to slow down posting, or i'll do it FOR HIM :O

Yes yes, I told you I'd mentioned you in teh "closeness" as soon as you hit 9000 or at least got quite close to it... in a second stat. AND SO I DID! I held up my part of the bargain... now hold up YOURS, damnit. #;-}>

haha with the amount of points you have .... i think messing around with what you get is just fine, have fun :P

Yep. We'll see how things go.. I just hope I hit 22,222 saves by this weekend at the latest. Gotta get tons of saves on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. I didn't this past weekend, unfortunately, or I might already be near that mark. ;_;

Hahaha yes, and make Tom put it in the news so everyone on NG will GO WTF, and buy it, thus ... selling maybe ... 90 books :P

90 books, eh? Well, as long as I charge 100+ bucks for each one, sounds good.

haha i could get ahead of her again if i really wanted to ... but that'd take days like last saturday in which i got 100 posts in one day :\

So she's gonna quadlist before you doublelist?! FOR SHAME! Only not really. #;-}>

I bet she's just doing it to be quad listed, or well not JUST for that, but she definitely wants to be the first one to do that, and after she gets to 10,000, she'll slow down, just a theory though :\

Maybe she wants to get quadlisted NOW, but the main reason she started posting so much, I THINK, is that she got modded.

I remember when I got modded. The next two or three days I posted 100 posts per day. It was crazy. Fortunately it wore off quickly. It doesn't seem to have worn off for ramagi. She's on FIREEEEEEEEE! #;-}>

1776? Independence day ... i think, 1836? ... huh, hahahah 1969 XD, 1977 = wah
You think like ... everything is cool :P

1776 is the year of teh American independence, yes.

1836 is just nifty. 18 * 2 = 36 and 36 is my fave number, as you should well know.

1969 is another nifty year for reasons I don't need to go into, I think your hahahah XD covered it. 1977 = the year I was born, foo'!

That's not EVERYTHING. Pfft.

Let's see, I'll dig up some more examples since 2000 posts... of what *I* think is cool (Besides 2100, 2200, 2300, etc. etc.):

2010, 2112, 2222, 2345, 2436, 2442, 2468, 2525, 2669, 3131, 3333, 3456, 3669, 4321, 4444, 4567, etc. etc. etc.

At 5/10/05 08:20 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: looks like X-Naut will soon pass me on this list puting me in the #15 spot heh, anyways congrats X-Naut on that, im alot slower these days heh...

Don't worry about getting passed or how slow you're moving overall, damnit! Just worry about getting triplelisted and then quadlisted and then pentalisted. You're likely to be the second person quadlisted after ramagi and the first pentalisted. You gotsta work on the saves, though! GET DEM SAVES, MAN! #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-11 11:22:46

At 5/11/05 07:32 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
Don't worry about getting passed or how slow you're moving overall, damnit! Just worry about getting triplelisted and then quadlisted and then pentalisted. You're likely to be the second person quadlisted after ramagi and the first pentalisted. You gotsta work on the saves, though! GET DEM SAVES, MAN! #;-}>

thats what i keep on saying,as for me im really working mostly on my posts,as for reviews i do about on average 5-10 a day,experience heh well you know how that goes it takes forever and theres nothing you can do about it except just except your little 10 per day,oh well ill be there soon enough ^_^

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-11 15:39:25

i did't get not a peace of a shit wahat you just said

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-12 17:42:42

At 5/11/05 03:39 PM, megadoctor wrote: i did't get not a peace of a shit wahat you just said

LOL was that supposed to be a engrish joke!???

Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-12 18:19:09

At 5/11/05 07:32 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Thanks, Yoink. I noticed you got yourself banned by Saturday like two minutes after you posted the above post... did she ban you just for claiming to be friends with her? #;-}>

Yea, she banned me because she said I lied. But it's all good. She still loves me and I still love her.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-14 21:40:08

At 5/11/05 11:22 AM, X-Naut wrote: thats what i keep on saying,as for me im really working mostly on my posts,as for reviews i do about on average 5-10 a day,experience heh well you know how that goes it takes forever and theres nothing you can do about it except just except your little 10 per day,oh well ill be there soon enough ^_^

Well, your posts and your reviews aren't SUPERhigh, but they're both quite even with each other, and they're not exactly low, either, so that's all good... yes, your exp won't take very long at all, so your triplelistedness is at least assured.

At 5/11/05 03:39 PM, megadoctor wrote: i did't get not a peace of a shit wahat you just said

If that was directed at me, I dunno what to tell you, man.

Except that you should learn to spell didn't, piece, and what. O_o

At 5/12/05 06:19 PM, YoinK_VineS wrote:
At 5/11/05 07:32 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Thanks, Yoink. I noticed you got yourself banned by Saturday like two minutes after you posted the above post... did she ban you just for claiming to be friends with her? #;-}>
Yea, she banned me because she said I lied. But it's all good. She still loves me and I still love her.

Ha ha ha ha... oh, Yoinkers. The comedy never ends.

At 5/12/05 06:37 PM, BonusStage wrote: I knew that, just that no one can SEEEEEEE that i am the victor *le sigh*

They will as soon as you get your ass back on this list, eh wot? And by the time you make it back here, you can increase your rank even MORE, eh wot? See, that's the beauty part. STEALTHMODE it, baby. Get dem blams and exp up so when your postcount hits 10,000, you surprise all the people already on the list who're around your point total. You'll shock the hell out of them and put the FEAR OF GOD... er... I mean, BONUS... in 'em.

ahhaha yeah same here, then i'd have some decent numbers in reviews XD

And be close to pentalisted status, more importantly!

Yes yes, I told you I'd mentioned you in teh "closeness" as soon as you hit 9000 or at least got quite close to it... in a second stat. AND SO I DID! I held up my part of the bargain... now hold up YOURS, damnit. #;-}>
HHHEEYYYY after my speedy moving in posting over the last few weeks, i slowed down a painful amount :P, i mean like 20 over ... 4 days or something :D

I was actually trying to make some sort of vague joke about you "owing me special favours" for putting your name in the list update notes... but yes, you actually getting onto the list is another way to read "your part of the bargain" as well. Heh.

hahah 55,555 with 33,333 blams and 22,222 saves, my god gfox you have a lot of wants for SS' ;)

SS'?

Yeah ... Maus did that kind of too, once she got modded she gained like 4500+ in the course of her modship, but ramagi has outdown her by a long shot

Maus had more posts than ramagi did prior to being modded, too, though. I think something like 5000 versus 3000... or something. But yes, she ripped 10,000 wide open, didn't she.

hahahaaha well omg YOU = SPAMZOR a long time ago XD

It wasn't spam, damnit. It was tons of lock posts and ban posts and me actually being in General all day long. #;-}>

OH SNAP i never knew you were almost 3/10 of a WHOLE CENTURY old :P

OGM.

2010, 2112, 2222, 2345, 2436, 2442, 2468, 2525, 2669, 3131, 3333, 3456, 3669, 4321, 4444, 4567, etc. etc. etc.
2010 for the fact it is 20 and 10?
2112 palendrome right?, 2222 = obvious, 2345 = obvious, 2436, something to do with 36, probably 2*2 and 3*2 = why, 2525 = obvious, 2669, not so sure, 3131 = obvious, 3333 same, 3669 GOTTA LOVE THREES, 4321 WELL DUH, 4444 *cough* 4567 *shmoof*

No, 2010 as in the book. 2001, 2010, 2061, 3001... it's a series of four sci-fi books by Arthur C. Clarke.

Surely you know of 2001: A Space Odyssey, one of teh classic-est films of all time. It had a sequel, 2010, featuring that dude from Seaquest DSV. hahahaha.

Damn, but I can't remember that dude's name. Ah well.

Anyway, you pretty much pegged the rest.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-15 00:08:02

Web Pentalist Mark XIV is uploaded and available.

Update on the pentalist's progress in the NG FanNet:

42. NG 2x10k+ PENTALIST gfoxcook 27 46

Again, 27 IN votes is a new record! The IN votes for the past several weeks were: 24 22 18 16 17.

For the second week in a row, the PentaList hasn't fallen off the front page (top 50) of the fannet, and that is tres cool. Good job, all who helped!

In other news, I actually caught up on the ENTIRITY OF WI/HT? (well, except for a lot of little topics, but even there, I read and replied to quite a few earlier today)... PLUS, I'm probably going to hit 22,222 saves tomorrow or Monday (I fudged a bit on the update, so sue me! #;-}>). It's a GREAT WEEKEND FOR TEH GFOX ON NGNESS. ENJOY THE LIST UPDATE, PEOPLES!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-15 00:18:55

At 5/15/05 12:08 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Web Pentalist Mark XIV is uploaded and available.

In other news, I actually caught up on the ENTIRITY OF WI/HT? (well, except for a lot of little topics, but even there, I read and replied to quite a few earlier today)... PLUS, I'm probably going to hit 22,222 saves tomorrow or Monday (I fudged a bit on the update, so sue me! #;-}>). It's a GREAT WEEKEND FOR TEH GFOX ON NGNESS. ENJOY THE LIST UPDATE, PEOPLES!

Well I waited for you to post this, I even saved a post for you.
I'll be enjoying more of my time away from Ng today(Sunday). Last post till Monday for me.
yea I try to rember to vote on on your fan net, I porbably could do it more, if I remember.
My blams and Saves got past the 2 to one ratio barley. It has been hanging around that ratio for the last several weeks. Ah well.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-15 00:59:58

At 5/15/05 12:08 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Web Pentalist Mark XIV is uploaded and available.

Just checked it out gfox and I noticed I've made some point gains on people regardless of how trivial they are. I'll take it wherever I can get it (lol).

For the second week in a row, the PentaList hasn't fallen off the front page (top 50) of the fannet, and that is tres cool. Good job, all who helped!

It's magical. Didn't I tell you Julie Andrews would make everything better!

In other news, I actually caught up on the ENTIRITY OF WI/HT?

What a coincidence, so did I.

I'm probably going to hit 22,222 saves tomorrow or Monday (I fudged a bit on the update, so sue me! #;-}>).

Nicely done. I'm closing fast on 16,000 saves myself so let's see if I can nail them by the next pentalist. On a sad note I saw MPA is roughly 4,000 points from catching me. I'm on borrowed time with regards to my position in the number 3 spot. ** cries ** Thanks for another great update gfox!!

By the way, didn't I see a post in here by BonusStage? Why was it deleted?

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-15 01:10:47

At 5/15/05 12:59 AM, ReconRebel wrote: Just checked it out gfox and I noticed I've made some point gains on people regardless of how trivial they are. I'll take it wherever I can get it (lol).

MPA had a surprisingly low total this past week. That should give you a bit of relief and relaxation for the time being, eh?

It's magical. Didn't I tell you Julie Andrews would make everything better!

I recall something along those lines, yes. I thought you were high/drunk/____ while you said it, though. #;-}>

Nicely done. I'm closing fast on 16,000 saves myself so let's see if I can nail them by the next pentalist. On a sad note I saw MPA is roughly 4,000 points from catching me. I'm on borrowed time with regards to my position in the number 3 spot. ** cries ** Thanks for another great update gfox!!

Like I said, normally he catches up to you much quicker than he has lately, so... temporary reprieve!

By the way, didn't I see a post in here by BonusStage? Why was it deleted?

The post by Bonus is still there! However, I originally replied to ramagi because she was the only one who'd replied so far, and then I saw Bonus' post, and I wanted to end on 8269 tonight, so I pasted my reply to her back into notepad, deleted it from the topic, and typed up my reply to Bonus on top of it. And this time I checked prior to posting again and discovered YOUR reply as well, so now I'm repeating the replying-on-top. :::refreshes one last time before posting this hulking mass of a post!:::

At 5/15/05 12:45 AM, BonusStage wrote: hehe i am catching up to Capt. Bob now too, i guess that is pretty nice, but hell maybe i can beat Nemesis as well and debut in the top 20, now that'd be nice, well yeah i'm getting saves and blams out the booty XD, and of course depositing everyday, and i'd start upping my reviews again if i hadn't gotten all sad about one of them :(

Well then... that spells doom for Bob and Nemesis, eh? Good show, ol' chap!

What happened with ONE single review that got you down on reviewing?

I can't find it, was it to like ... get there gardually about posting or what :(,

You mean my original comment? I had just said something along the lines of "yeah, Bonus, I stuck you in the "almost there" section... so when are you going to hold up YOUR end of the bargain, eh? #;-}>" (that was my attempt to hint at sexual favours you owed me, damnit. Way to let that fly over your head. Heh.)

Screenshot

Ah yes. What, Screenie isn't short enough for ya, you gotta use SS? SS makes me think of the German secret police in WWII and Seven Star and several other things before I think of screenshot. heh.

Anyway, the 33333/22222 goal isn't just about a screenshot. I already forged one of it, for one thing. It's about showing OTHER people an authentic AWESOME B/P COMBO for a change (last time I really had one was 6000/6000), and it's also about getting my blam/save ratio to 150% for at least one shining moment one last time. ;_;

DEFINITELY, i mean hey, those chicks just can't keep their mouths shut it seems :o

Oh my.... Only Maus doesn't swing that way, IIRC, so... um... better luck elsewhere?

hahah i know comparing ago to century makes people just go ;_; and get all emo XD

Not really. I definitely realised I was going to be 1/4 of a century when I was 24 and almost 25.

But I'm 27 going on 28 next month. That's not QUITE yet to 3/10 of a century. And who notices 3/10 of things, anyway? Once I'm almost 33.333 it's time to make another big fuss. #;-}>

3 decades old is how I'd phrase it, anyway.

well i've never seen 2010 or the DSV movie :'(

But you've seen the original 2001 at least?

I was referring to the DSV TV series. A shortlived, hilariously bad undersea-adventures hour-long sci-fi/drama. Kinda like Sealab 2021, only not trying to be stupid. #;-}>

HORRAY, i am smart :D

FOR NOW.

At 5/15/05 12:18 AM, ramagi wrote: Well I waited for you to post this, I even saved a post for you.

Why thank you! Happy 9300 posts.

I'll be enjoying more of my time away from Ng today(Sunday). Last post till Monday for me.

Enjoy a day away from TEH MADNESS, then! I'm going to be trying to rack up as many saves as I can tomorrow. I gotsta hit 22,222 soon or I'm gonna go crazy. ;_;

yea I try to rember to vote on on your fan net, I porbably could do it more, if I remember.

Every single click is appreciated, even if it is just a SINGLE click, so don't worry too much!

My blams and Saves got past the 2 to one ratio barley. It has been hanging around that ratio for the last several weeks. Ah well.

Hmph... My blams are still more than 1.5 : 1 with my saves, but once I hit 22,222 saves, I'll have EXACTLY 1.5 : 1 or 3 : 2. I can't wait! Sadly, of course, if I resume blamming at that point, I'm likely to go way past that ratio in no time. Heh.

Anyway, one last thing about the fannet for tonight:

I'm thinking maybe I should hold off on posting updates until at least midnight my time (1 AM NG time) in the future, because I happened to revisit the fannet page and I noticed it was at 30 IN / 46 OUT (whereas it was 27 IN / 46 OUT when I posted about the update)... meaning 3 IN clicks are pretty much wasted, as the numbers are about to (or just have) reset. ;_;

... Anyway, I'll give some thought to doing that, but still updating the data on the list prior to Saturday's end, NG time. Hmmm... :::mulls that over and logs off of teh BBS:::

Have a great weekend and enjoy the list update and so forth and so on, everybody! May you gain many saves on the same movies as I am this jolly savioring weekend (237373, 237374, 237375, and 237376 were ALL saves... can you believe it? And I thought 37 was my unlucky number. Maybe not. #;-}>)

GOODNIGHT, all!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-15 01:21:59

nice work with the update gfox!

I was actually decently active this week. I put up a few numbers for posts/reviews... mostly put up numbers for blams/saves... closing in on the experience requirement for the next level. It seems XwaynecoltX really doesn't gain that many saves as he use to back in the day... maybe when he's done with school for the summer he'll go all out for them. When he does, look out! there will be the first pentalisted user. Denvish averages about a +1,000 gain per week... if he continues like this for about a year he'll make 100,000 total easily. I think more people should go and try for more reviews, they are really fun once I get into a grove in making them.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-15 05:25:54

At 5/15/05 01:21 AM, YoinK_VineS wrote:

It seems XwaynecoltX really doesn't gain that many saves as he use to back in the day... maybe when he's done with school for the summer he'll go all out for them.

Heh no not school its work and family...

and as for saves well i have plans of making more time for them soon, maybe next week heh...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-15 10:08:14

At 5/15/05 05:25 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: and as for saves well i have plans of making more time for them soon, maybe next week heh...

~X~

When I went for saves back before I was an EGSC user... I averaged about 100 saves per week. If you get 100 saves per week then it will only take about 25 weeks to get to 10k saves which is about half a year.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-15 10:35:15

Um..... it sure aint no cakewalk to get into this list. Tell me, how long can i expect to wait before i can see my name there?

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-15 10:58:56

At 5/15/05 10:35 AM, Frostbreath wrote: Um..... it sure aint no cakewalk to get into this list. Tell me, how long can i expect to wait before i can see my name there?

How about a very long time Frostbreath. You need at least two stats at 10,000 or higher to have a shot at making the list. None of your stats are over 2,000 and while you might try increasing your chances there's a lot of people ahead of you that say otherwise. Don't mean to dishearten you but you did ask.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-15 11:05:29

At 5/15/05 10:58 AM, ReconRebel wrote:
At 5/15/05 10:35 AM, Frostbreath wrote: Um..... it sure aint no cakewalk to get into this list. Tell me, how long can i expect to wait before i can see my name there?
Don't mean to dishearten you but you did ask.

No, no need for excuses. I understand. Seeing that i have to deposit for another 840 times to get my experience over 10,000, doesn't make me think: ''Aw, crap, what's the use'', but ''Well, i better start trying hard now, if i ever going to have chance''.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-15 14:55:40

i was 3 away from getting a 1,000 points this week,damn >_<

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-15 17:17:33

At 5/15/05 02:55 PM, X-Naut wrote: i was 3 away from getting a 1,000 points this week,damn >_<

You shouldn't have slept.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-16 06:56:46

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
SUPER EXTRA SPECIAL JUST-FOR-BONUS
SUCKY-SUCKY 5-DOLLAH ULTRAMEGAPOST
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

At 5/15/05 01:57 AM, BonusStage wrote:
At 5/15/05 12:59 AM, ReconRebel wrote: By the way, didn't I see a post in here by BonusStage? Why was it deleted?
It wasn't fully answered to, i had Alastor delete it and then posted the rest of it :D

Why didn't you just ask ME, yanno the guy who'd just updated the damned list and was posting actively in this topic at the time? Pfft. #;-}>

At 5/15/05 01:10 AM, gfoxcook wrote: The post by Bonus is still there!
Read above you n00b :o

JUST CAUSE I'M A MOD DOESN'T MAKE ME A NOOB...

no wait, that doesn't make sense... um...

JUST CAUSE I'M A MOD DOESN'T MEAN I KNOW WHEN ANOTHER MOD DELETES A POST, DAMNIT! When I read that comment by Recon, there were only replies in here from ramagi, then you, then him. Since a post BY you was present, I thought that perhaps he'd seen your name next to a post in here, then seen a new post come in (my reply just to ramagi), but after typing HIS post in here, he noticed a post missing and was confused and thought it was a BonusStage post and not a gfoxcook post.

That's a pretty NATURAL LOGICAL LEAP TO MAKE, dontcha think? It's quite rare that two mods are deleting two posts in a rather slow-moving thread WITHIN 2 MINUTES OF EACH OTHER AN HOUR AFTER NG MIDNIGHT, don't you think? Jebus. #;-}>

oh SNAPe gfox you are pulling ALL the stops :P

Pfft. WOTEVAH. Deleting my post and reposting it with additional replies to you and Recon took a hell of a lot less time (and effort) than the above rant at you for calling me a noob just cause I'm not OM-FREAKIN'-NISCIENT did. #;-}>

hahahha yeah i guess it does ^.^

TAKE DOWN THOSE BIG BOYS! THEY THINK THEY GOT ALL THE EXP ON THE SITE, EH EH? WHAT ELSE THEY GOT, EH?! WHAT ELSE THEY GOT?! You show 'em good.

Wow, I should be a boxing trainer...

I made a HUGE one for critter killer 1, and then i stupidly pressed refresh and deleted it all, loosing a huge review is like a punch to the face for me, and i stopped making them for a bit again

I see, I see. Sux2BU, I s'pose. But sheesh, don't take it out on all reviewing. #;-}>

You should type your reviews in notepad and then paste them to the review window later, if you're that worried about it happening again.

aawwwww of all things for me to let go above my head i let something sexual go above it *le sigh*

No kidding! I was quite disappointed. >_<

ahahah well i'm sorry, i guess i just use it for Star Syndicate and Screen Shot normally, never really anything else, sorry for confusing you :P

Ah yes, I left out Star Syndicate on the "occurs to me prior to "screen shot" list." #;-}>

hahha ok then well i guess that's cool

OF COURSE IT'S COOL, MOFO! EVERYTHING I DO ON NG IS COOL, MOFO!

Oh my.... Only Maus doesn't swing that way, IIRC, so... um... better luck elsewhere?
IIRC?

if. I. recall. correctly.

Now who's the noob. That's one of the all-time top 10 acronyms on the freakin' net, foolio!

Not really. I definitely realised I was going to be 1/4 of a century when I was 24 and almost 25.
You bastard ):<

I'm a bastard for being over a quarter of a century old? What teh shit?

But you've seen the original 2001 at least?
Why yes i did

Thank goodness for small miracles!

[WE NOW RETURN TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING]

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-16 06:58:50

At 5/15/05 01:21 AM, YoinK_VineS wrote: nice work with the update gfox!

Thanks!

I was actually decently active this week. I put up a few numbers for posts/reviews... mostly put up numbers for blams/saves... closing in on the experience requirement for the next level.

Groovy doodles.

Denvish averages about a +1,000 gain per week...

And MPA around +800 or so.

They're both insane. And X-Naut is doing his best to be as insane as they are. #;-}>

At 5/15/05 05:25 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: and as for saves well i have plans of making more time for them soon, maybe next week heh...

GOOD! I want your ass PENTALISTED ASAP, boyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeee!

At 5/15/05 10:58 AM, ReconRebel wrote:
How about a very long time Frostbreath. You need at least two stats at 10,000 or higher to have a shot at making the list. None of your stats are over 2,000 and while you might try increasing your chances there's a lot of people ahead of you that say otherwise. Don't mean to dishearten you but you did ask.

Oy... he DID indeed ask, Recon... and I thank you muchly for handling his question yesterday, as I noticed it before you replied while logging in as gfoxclock to post in just two threads, but... didn't want to get into a long explanation/prediction of various stats of his and their chances to hit 10,000 anytime soon.

So yes, thanks for briefly letting him down easy.

At 5/15/05 11:05 AM, Frostbreath wrote: No, no need for excuses. I understand. Seeing that i have to deposit for another 840 times to get my experience over 10,000, doesn't make me think: ''Aw, crap, what's the use'', but ''Well, i better start trying hard now, if i ever going to have chance''.

That's quite the refreshing attitude, man. I've seen people with one stat over 10,000 and another stat around 5,000 acting like they can NEVER make it onto this list, so your can-do spirit is remarkable and enjoyable to see.

That said, let me add something to what Recon told you:

Don't focus on getting your experience over 10,000. Don't stop depositing or anything, of course, but that's going to take YEARS to do, so... if it gets to 10,000 because you stick around here for years, then that's great. But if you DO want to get on this list and you'd rather not wait forever, then you've got four other areas to attack:

A) blams. This would be the easiest stat of all time to get to 10,000. You don't have a TON of them, but you have nearly 2000, so you can get them to 10,000 a lot sooner than your exp gets there.

B) saves. This would be harder for most people, but you've actually got quite the good ratio of blams to saves. You can get this to 10,000 as well, though it will take longer than the blams due to the crappiness ratio of the portal 300+ days of the year.

C) posts. I'm not advising you to spam, but based on your postsperday and postcount, if you remain an active member of the NG BBS, you can eventually hit 10,000 in this stat.

D) reviews. OR, you can opt for the challenging, but far-more-rewarding path of teh XwaynecoltX--try to review 10,000 of the nearly 60,000 movies and games in the NG portal.

I wish you luck! I recommend you keep depositing but try for an A+B combo to get on this list. C+D involve more time and doing either incorrectly can get you banned (for a few days from posting... but for a few MONTHS from reviewing)... so exercise caution and good judgement.

At 5/15/05 02:55 PM, X-Naut wrote: i was 3 away from getting a 1,000 points this week,damn >_<

This ain't Dogma's EGRL, man. I don't give out stars for 1000+ per week, so what would it have mattered? #;-}>

I think you beat MPA and maybe even Denvish last week, so you've got that, right?

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-16 13:17:16

At 5/15/05 10:08 AM, YoinK_VineS wrote: When I went for saves back before I was an EGSC user... I averaged about 100 saves per week. If you get 100 saves per week then it will only take about 25 weeks to get to 10k saves which is about half a year.

Ouch

Heh well cant say ill make that much maybe i will dont know, hell i could do more but i do plan on making more time for saves and protects...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-20 14:21:25

Roffl

BONUS

I never noticed it before but your posts are really starting to confuse the hell out of me, do you know whay this is...?

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-20 15:44:00

At 5/11/05 07:17 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Just what I was thinking, yes. You need to get your % up and over (instead of just below) the overall portal %, though, to be respectable at all. #;-}>

Mmm. I like to think of myself as a janitor - keeping the portal clean by voting out the bad things. ^_~ Well, seriously, what I should really measure myself against is not the save percentage of all submissions, but rather that of those submissions that happen when I'm on to vote on them; I thought about doing that briefly for a while, but it'd be quite a hassle to track them really.

He's already to 22240 or so, and I'm down at 22122 or so. He's gotten a 120+ save lead on me. I don't care so much about that, but I'd already be to 22222 and could restart blamming if I had saved as much the past two weeks as he has. And he was worried I'd catch up to him again during his exams last week. Pfft. #;-}>

*noddles* Well, at least he probably won't come anywhere near you in terms of total points anytime soon... ^_~

Wolves and foxes are the downtrodden of teh canine community, yes. The former has a bloodthirsty pack-mentality reputation and the latter has a sneaky-crafty-evil-chicken-snatcher reputation. #;-}>

*noddles* Which just reaffirms my opinion that most people are idiots. >_> Oh well.

How on earth did we get onto the subject of foxes and wolves and bats, anyway. I claimed to be a vampire and you added that + fox being in my username together, I believe? Ahhhhhhh, off-topic wanderings.... how easily they happen.

Something like that, I think, yes. I don't recall, but I probably made some comment about flying foxes. ^_~

Just for the hell of it. And to be able to see whether a site is pushing traffic more to NG... or NG is pushing traffic more to the site. Most sites are the latter, as is my pentalist unfortunately... but some sites are the former, at least for periods of time.

*noddles* I'm not surprised it's like that, though. Someone who arrives at the FanNet may well decide to check out a bunch of sites that sound interesting (and thus give them OUT votes), but I doubt many people bother giving IN votes to many sites really. It's the integrated hub-like nature of the listing that makes OUT votes more likely than IN votes, I think.

I have. :) I've gained 38 spots since D0GMA's last update (from 130 to 92 ^^), and with a bit of luck, I should be able to move further up, too. ^_^
Groooveeeeeeeeehhhhhh.

Thanks. ^_^ I actually went up to 89 last week for a day or two, then slipped back to 90 for a while, and am now back at 89. I'm not sure what happened (I haven't checked), but it may be that I got ahead of/fell back behind PimpMasterKDOG a couple of times. He currently seems to be behind me again, but not by a big margin. >_>

As yes... CSV... I think I should have known that. Seems very... naggingly familiar now, like I learned once and promptly forgot. #;-}>

You probably heard about it somewhere in the past - it's quite common really. ^^

Does that mean that such a file has absolutely no spaces or linebreaks in it? Just data + commas?

More or less, yeah. There are some variations, mostly dealing with how you handle data that contains commas itself; the most common approach seems to be to put that data into double quotes. It's not immediately clear, though, how you're supposed to handle linebreaks in double quotes then - do you ignore their special meaning and just treat them like any another character (because you're in a double-quote), or do they take precedence and terminate the current line (thus probably causing a syntax error of sorts)? It really depends on whether you fundamentally view a CSV file as a bunch of lines or a stream of characters, I guess.

As for spaces, I think those are allowed just fine.

Said data can include nothing but numbers and decimal points, I presume?

No, you can really put anything in there - the parser is (should be) agnostic regarding what's between the commas (except for the case of commas in data, as explained above).

Belated congrats on 33333/22222/55555, too, BTW! ^_^ As I mentioned over in the lounge, I was rather sick recently (still am, too, in a way), so I didn't post anything and didn't follow the threads, either. >_>

Það er margt sem myrkrið veit / minn er hugur þungur

Oft ég svarta sandinn leit / svíða grænan engireit

Í jöklinum hljóða dauðadjúpar sprungur

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-20 19:32:51

At 5/20/05 02:21 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I never noticed it before but your posts are really starting to confuse the hell out of me, do you know whay this is...?

Your not alone I am have troubles reading his posts.

~X~

Well it may look like I will get on the list by exp (300 days) and Blams nearly 2,000 more to go. But I never know I could get into a spamming mode and gain 50 post PPD but most likely not.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-20 20:57:53

At 5/20/05 08:52 PM, BonusStage wrote: I never noticed it before but your posts are really small and taht confuse's the hell out of me, do you know why* this is...?
~BonusStage~

Roffl tbh they are about avg, but its cool i dont mind...

Silly bonus...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-20 22:15:36

At 5/16/05 06:56 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 5/15/05 01:57 AM, BonusStage wrote:
At 5/15/05 12:59 AM, ReconRebel wrote: By the way, didn't I see a post in here by BonusStage? Why was it deleted?
It wasn't fully answered to, i had Alastor delete it and then posted the rest of it :D
Why didn't you just ask ME?

Probably because Alastor shaves his ass every day and you don't. Sorry gfox, couldn't resist.

At 5/16/05 06:58 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Oy... he DID indeed ask, Recon... and thanks for briefly letting him down easy.

I occasionally think about the users that are one deposit away from level nine. Can you imagine what goes through their minds when they see the point increment jump from fifty to almost one thousand? Aside from their heart stopping I bet one of the first thoughts they have is the system must be broken (lol). You have to be really determined nowadays to level up an account.

A) blams. This would be the easiest stat of all time to get to 10,000.

Understatement of the century! Blams and saves are the best (and easiest) way to get PentaListed and maintain your rank on the list. ** holds on to the number 3 spot with white knuckles **

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-20 22:20:38

At 5/20/05 10:15 PM, ReconRebel wrote: Understatement of the century! Blams and saves are the best (and easiest) way to get PentaListed and maintain your rank on the list. ** holds on to the number 3 spot with white knuckles **

^&^^**^#$%^

Saves are damn hard and will be the demise of ~X~....

Dont remind me of them damn saves...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-20 22:31:23

At 5/20/05 10:20 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 5/20/05 10:15 PM, ReconRebel wrote: Blams and saves are the best (and easiest) way to get PentaListed and maintain your rank on the list.
Saves are damn hard and will be the demise of ~X~.... Dont remind me of them damn saves...

If it's any consolation ~X~ I'd gladly trade all my protection points for all your reviews. You've already gotten the most difficult stat out of the way bud. Most people will never hit 10,000+ reviews with their account unless they stay active. If I was you I'd relax, have a beer and try picking up points in the other categories. I've got money riding on this ~X~ so don't let me down!!

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-20 22:37:51

At 5/20/05 10:31 PM, ReconRebel wrote: If it's any consolation ~X~ I'd gladly trade all my protection points for all your reviews. You've already gotten the most difficult stat out of the way bud. Most people will never hit 10,000+ reviews with their account unless they stay active. If I was you I'd relax, have a beer and try picking up points in the other categories. I've got money riding on this ~X~ so don't let me down!!

Dont worry i dont plan to bail out now...

I have gone to far for that, but i dont even know howmany moves i seen today im almost blind haha...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-05-21 00:16:43

At 5/20/05 10:31 PM, ReconRebel wrote: If it's any consolation ~X~ I'd gladly trade all my protection points for all your reviews. You've already gotten the most difficult stat out of the way bud. Most people will never hit 10,000+ reviews with their account unless they stay active. If I was you I'd relax, have a beer and try picking up points in the other categories. I've got money riding on this ~X~ so don't let me down!!

A lot of people won't reach 10k reviews because it's not easy to review so many movies... there can be some negativity that effects a person's motivation.... it's really all about motivation. Sometimes I feel much better about reviewing after I take a shower or if I eat a good meal. It makes it easier to stay focused. But, you have to think about it this way too.. a person isn't limited to the amount of reviews he or she can make per day... hopefully it stays that way and the same can be said about bbs posts I think... but I'm not sure because I don't post as frequent as some people do.