00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

maxbombolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List

542,260 Views | 5,452 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-06 13:29:21

At 11/4/04 10:30 PM, MPA wrote: .... too late, Yoink now carries the number 19...

i'm confused.. i carry number 19 for what?

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-06 13:36:27

At 11/6/04 01:29 PM, YoinK_VineS wrote:
At 11/4/04 10:30 PM, MPA wrote: .... too late, Yoink now carries the number 19...
i'm confused.. i carry number 19 for what?

b/p list You are 20th, biteme2514 is 19th by a large margin...
It will take a while before you catch him.

experience list: you are not even close of that rank

pentalist: you are ranked lower than 19th... ( you were 15th on the last update if my memory is good)

yep, I'm also confused!

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-06 13:40:52

At 11/6/04 01:36 PM, EKRegulus wrote:
yep, I'm also confused!

Read gfox' first post on this page.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-06 13:46:21

At 11/6/04 01:40 PM, D0GMA wrote:
yep, I'm also confused!

oh alright, that makes sense now. I'm the 19th savior on newgrounds. w00t.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-06 13:47:03

At 11/6/04 01:40 PM, D0GMA wrote:
yep, I'm also confused!

1-It's NOT on the same page :P hehe
2-I still don't get it. How is yoink carrying the number 19?
Honestly, I keep searching and I can't find the answer...

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-06 13:48:34

At 11/6/04 01:46 PM, YoinK_VineS wrote: oh alright, that makes sense now. I'm the 19th savior on newgrounds. w00t.

OH GREAT! THAT WAS EASY TO GUESS!!!!

</NOT>

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-06 18:06:58

At 11/2/04 05:02 AM, D0GMA wrote:
At 10/31/04 06:36 PM, Bila wrote: hmmmm.... there are finally THREE triple-listed users.
Three? Who's the third?

I'd already pointed that mistake out, dagnabit! #;-}>

But don't rule out passing alexsmolik! I myself passed him on this list only two weeks ago!
Well, I'm stalling my BP at 36,509, so I'll have to get my points from elsewhere. That will also precude me being a threat to you or Recon on any of the Top 50 lists as well.

Ah yes, I had completely forgotten you were going to stall there for awhiles.

At 11/1/04 11:32 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
I'm in bold, I'm in bold, I'm in BOLD
For some reason I'm hearing that sung to the tune "you can fly, you can fly, you can FLYYYYY!!!" from Peter Pan.
Heh, well done. That's exactly where that reference came from.

Hooray!

/me wanders off to take their medication
Heh. I've noticed you using the plural nongendered "their" to refer to yourself a lot lately. If you don't want to use his or her, might I recommend "its" instead of their? I know its = agendered, not nongendered, but... at least it's singular and doesn't sound really weird in the reader's head. O_O
Good thought. It will perhaps try it in the future.

hahah. There ya go. Much better than "They will." #;-}>

The important thing is that you're stable now and won't be taken down when X rejoins the list, eh?
Yep =) I've been banging away to make sure that I didn't get boosted when he returns.

Unless he goes on a raging blam/save-a-thon, you're all good.

Unless he got 10k reviews, posts, or experience in the past few days without me noticing.... and that would be QUITE the trick. #;-}>
I wish ... 2-3 more weeks of banging out BPs, then I have to see what I'm going to do.

You wish that alexsmolik got 10k reviews/posts/experience in the past few days? O_O Or wait, were we talking about someone else? Oh wells. #;-}>

At 11/2/04 01:54 PM, red_skunk wrote:
At 11/1/04 11:32 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 10/31/04 07:00 PM, BeFell wrote: I'm a real asshole.
So being behind an asshole on this list upsets red_skunk? Fascinating.
Well, not exactly. I'm sure I'm behind a lot of assholes. It's just Befeel in particular...

<3

.... BeFeel, eh. #;-}> Anyway, no more fighting between you two in here or I'll have to ask that you GET A ROOM! #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-06 18:08:05

At 11/2/04 04:56 PM, BonusStage wrote:
At 11/1/04 11:31 PM, gfoxcook wrote: No she hasn't. She was ahead of fixit for over a year from late 2002 until December 10th or so, 2003.
I knew that, because of her "first to reach last rank" part in her sig :_<

Yes, but a lot of people don't seem to realise how much LONGER she was #1 for than fixit was #1. Not only was she first, but she reigned for a lot longer than he did. :::nods::: And once she reclaims #1, she'll be lengthening that advantage over fixit even more while simultaneously preventing him from boosting his "days as #1."

Then fixit passed her while she was dormant at 36,000 b/p for 3-4 months. Then she started moving again, but by that time fixit was already past 45,000 b/p. She's only been working on retaking him for about... uh... I dunno, about 6-8 monthsish. Not "forever."
6-8 months eh? now tell me, how old is my account ;P

Oh hush you. You mean to tell me you're not one of those "OGM I ONLY JUST RECENTLY MADE AN ACCOUNT, I'VE BEEN HANGING OUT HERE AND WATCHING MOVIES AND VOTING AND READING THE BBS FOR A LOT LONGER THAN MY SIGNUP DATE INDICATES, MOFO!!!" people? #;-}>

Hmm so yoiu are saying that it is a GOOD thing you left because then you'd be another 28, or 29, and have the highest VP, AND be #3 on the b/s list, thus people would be like "OMG HE HAS NO LIFEI HATE HIM," and if my interpritation is wrong AGAIN, dumb it down ... furthermore :_<

Yes. Much more people would hate me than do now on NG if I was the #3 exp user, #3 b/p user, and was SO FAR AHEAD in VP as #1 that no one had a prayer of ever, ever, ever catching me. Even moreso than with Nemesis. So that's another good thing about me missing all that exp. #;-}>

Actually, more than 17,000. SK's new list informed me my account is now around 1720 days old. Multiply by 10, biiatch. Like I said, I'm out around 9,800 exp.
hahh silly boy, you could be so high right now, but of course for even a 17 to get to 29 these days is supposed to take ... 18 years?

I'm still pretty high, yanno. Gonna bust into the top 150 exp sooner or later. And my b/p count is nice and high, IS IT NOT? Eh? Eh?

Yes.

But there are people who signed up in 1999 and barely used the site and their accounts are out 17,000+ exp. The difference is, they don't care. And I do. But like I said, 7,000+ exp ain't bad. I'll be happy once I hit 10k. See this list for more reasons why.
heh well with as many posts as you have as well, you may get quaded around the time you get 10,000 XP, but of course that'll take .... a whole year?

Not quite that long. I'm only 250 days' worth of exp away from 10,000 exp as of tomorrow. The question will be whether I hit 10k posts before or after or at the same time (like pox tried to wait to do). For awhile, my posts had pulled well ahead of my exp, but then my exp passed up my posts... and now it's still somewhat ahead of 'em. So we'll see how my posting habits go in the next 8 months or so. But I'd expect to triplelist with exp before I quadlist with posts.

I was trying to squeeze replies to you and other people into one post because I was at 7125 posts, and wanted to make 1 post in here and 1 post in the VP list thread.... and stop at 7127 for the night.
Makes sense to me :D

Good. Because it didn't seem to make sense to you when I had to explain it to you. #;-}>

What? I still have no idea what you're talking about. The "Dave" person you linked to the profile of... I have never banned.
pfft nevermind it then ):<

GOOD! SEE THAT WE DO! NEVER MIND IT. THAT IS.

You won't hear any argument from me. But FAQs that include lists = the best of all.
heh NGLING HAD SOME OF THOSE :O *RUNS*

Yes, and that's why he kicked total ass.

Until he went and became lame in December 2003, that is (KOC!!! KOC!!! DAMN YOU, KOC!!!)... joined the dark side, he did. :::nods sadly:::

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-06 18:08:50

At 11/2/04 08:56 PM, BonusStage wrote:
At 11/2/04 07:53 PM, Bila wrote: Alex is moving much slower than you! don't be such a pessamist!!!
Heh Bila (IF THAT IS YOUR REAL NAME :O) once d0gma gets to 36509 d0gma will stop for whatever amount of time d0gma sees fit, and alex is still over 5000 ahead of d0gma correct? Even if d0gma starts to post as fast as Marcus, d0gma will still not be able to catch up, but watch out after that break ends, both your spots on this and the b/s top 50 list may be comprimised :o

Why do you think that Bila's spot will be compromised? You explained why Dogma's may be... but not why Bila's may be... O_o

At 11/3/04 10:07 PM, BonusStage wrote:
At 11/3/04 09:41 PM, Bila wrote: LOL yea, but stopping "for whatever amout of time Dogma sees fit" could be short or long. the last Hiatus was very short.
heh but you do know what happens on these breaks right :o, all the points go to d0gma's alt vagrant accounts :o, if you wish to know d0gma MASTER PLAN, just ask, AND I'LL BLAB :O

Yes. I've noticed a certain vagrant getting PLENTY of b/p lately.

What master plan? Oh, to get teh alt accounts on the top 50 list or all to EGSC or something? A vagrant on the top 50 b/p list would certainly be interesting.

At 11/4/04 10:30 PM, MPA wrote:
At 11/1/04 11:31 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Welcome to greatness, biiatch!
Thank you, biiatch! Is "biiatch" this weeks "check it out" btw?

Why, has everyone else been using it, too? O_o

yay for 19s. This one week in October... there were four 19s in the sports world, BTW:
ORLY? Do tell.

Indeed.

Tells:

19 STRAIGHT HOME WINS by Houston Astros (18 to end regular season, 1 in NLDS vs Braves)
19 BATTERS RETIRED IN ORDER by Mike Mussina of the NY Yankees (perfect game for 6 1/3 inn.)
19 GAME WINNING STREAK by New England Patriots (15 to end 2003 season, 4 in 2004)
19 GAME LOSING STREAK by Army football team (ended in a 48-29 win over Cincinnati)
You don't say, well I had no idea I was continuing the era of 19's. I have bad news though...

You were. You were.

Damnit! YOU CANNOT END THE 19S!!!!
.... too late, Yoink now carries the number 19...

;_;

Oh wells. He will carry it with pride! And apparently biteme and then xkwizit will carry it on the main top 50 with pride!

At 11/4/04 11:42 PM, ramagi wrote:
At 11/4/04 10:54 PM, YoinK_VineS wrote:
At 11/1/04 11:32 PM, gfoxcook wrote: I'm tired of not having a guy with over 10k reviews on the list. I still haven't gotten to use the cool red colour in my spreadsheet. All the four other colours yes... but not red. Here, check it out:
don't worry, someday there will be users with over 10k reviews.
Of course there will, with the amount of reviews that X has it is aa matter of time.

Well, that's just ONE user with 10k reviews. Yoink specifically said "USERS"... plural. I wonder who he thinks will be the next one to 10k reviews... probably KWAS.

At 11/6/04 01:12 PM, Erpherman wrote: plz update :/

This list doesn't get updated every Saturday. That's the VP list. Sorry to disappoint you, but the people have spoken, and they don't want a super-often-updated 10k+ list. Also, it does take more long to update than the VP list does for me. So you'll just have to wait until next Saturday, most likely. Come back on 11/13 and I should have a list update for yas, okay?

At 11/6/04 01:57 PM, BonusStage wrote:
At 11/6/04 01:48 PM, EKRegulus wrote: OH GREAT! THAT WAS EASY TO GUESS!!!!

</NOT>
</YES IT WAS> ):<

Hahahah. Okay, you two can stop this lovers' quarrel now. Go get a motel room, you two! #;-}>

And BTW, while Yoink being #19 in saves might not have been THAT easy to guess... had you read the post Dogma was pointing you towards, it should have been fairly easy to FIND OUT from MPA's stuff about him being #19 in saves but not for much longer cause he was moving up to #18, see? Yes.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-06 18:47:08

At 11/6/04 06:08 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Why, has everyone else been using it, too? O_o

No, I was referring to that post last week (maybe 2 now?) when you acted as DJ gfox or some such and said CHECK IT OUT!! a ton in it as a joke. Then this week you were all "biaatch!" in that one post. Well I saw you say it 2 or 3 times at least.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-06 23:57:23

At 11/6/04 06:47 PM, MPA wrote:
At 11/6/04 06:08 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Why, has everyone else been using it, too? O_o
No, I was referring to that post last week (maybe 2 now?) when you acted as DJ gfox or some such and said CHECK IT OUT!! a ton in it as a joke. Then this week you were all "biaatch!" in that one post. Well I saw you say it 2 or 3 times at least.

Ohhhh yeah. That was just me being goofy while pointing out a new Pentalist and new VP list update in the level up! lounge... to cover up the fact that I wasn't doing any actual catching up. Distraction, see? #;-}>

But anyway, I've actually been a DJ before. So... interesting that you should say that.

You saw me say biiatch 2 or 3 times??!? Wow, I must have totally blacked out for awhile there. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-07 06:14:10

At 11/6/04 01:47 PM, EKRegulus wrote:
1-It's NOT on the same page :P hehe

~shrug~ It was when I started looking for anything worth replying to, you lot finished the page off while I was hunting.

At 11/7/04 12:34 AM, DDRisFORcaptainsONLY wrote:
D0gma only said two accounts on 50, maybe getting all of them to EGSC one day is the true plan :o

Actually, what I said was that my goal is to get more than two IDs into the top 50. I haven't the foggiest idea what to do after that.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-07 11:25:52

At 11/7/04 09:43 AM, DDRisFORcaptainsONLY wrote:
At 11/7/04 06:14 AM, D0GMA wrote: Actually, what I said was that my goal is to get more than two IDs into the top 50. I haven't the foggiest idea what to do after that.
heh get them to #1 and #2, COME ON I DARE YOU ):<

How do you know he doesn't????

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-09 00:02:01

At 11/7/04 12:34 AM, OMGFindMySamurai wrote:
At 11/6/04 06:08 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Why do you think that Bila's spot will be compromised? You explained why Dogma's may be... but not why Bila's may be... O_o
I said his was didn't i, silly me, didn't mean to ^.^

... Okay. That makes better sense. #;-}>

heh and once that stopping point is reached, a certain vagrant will be on those mini lists ):<

Aye.

D0gma only said two accounts on 50, maybe getting all of them to EGSC one day is the true plan :o

(wink)

At 11/6/04 06:08 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Yes, but a lot of people don't seem to realise how much LONGER she was #1 for than fixit was #1. Not only was she first, but she reigned for a lot longer than he did. :::nods::: And once she reclaims #1, she'll be lengthening that advantage over fixit even more while simultaneously preventing him from boosting his "days as #1."
hmmm i can assume that she was #1 even before she got to EGSC, and be correct ... correct?

LONG before she got to EGSC. Long before anyone had even reached 10,000 b/p. Before anyone had even reached 2,000 b/p, for that matter. Right, ramagi? #;-}>

Nope, everything i have learned was from either NG chat before my IRC client basically started sucking he life out of me due to its unsexiness, and from basically reading some of what you "older" ;P users have said in your posts that have to do with the past, i know a lot because i didn't want to be completely ignorant, just act like it from time to time :)

NG chat. :::shuddering:::

Yes. Much more people would hate me than do now on NG if I was the #3 exp user, #3 b/p user, and was SO FAR AHEAD in VP as #1 that no one had a prayer of ever, ever, ever catching me. Even moreso than with Nemesis. So that's another good thing about me missing all that exp. #;-}>
heh indeed you'd be what 15.8+, and I KNOW I WOULD SAY "MGMOGMOGMOG KTHXDAI GFOX" ;P

Yep. 15.8+. Sounds nice, doesn't it? Ah well. It wasn't to be.

I'm still pretty high, yanno. Gonna bust into the top 150 exp sooner or later. And my b/p count is nice and high, IS IT NOT? Eh? Eh?
hahah #3 in b/s isn't bad AT ALL, i must say, also getting anywhere near 100 top XP is a hell of an accomplishment :)

And getting INTO the top 100 exp... especially if you missed out on around 9800 exp... is even MORE of one, isn't it? And I shall do so. Some day. It might take another year or so, but... IT SHALL BE DONE!

Not quite that long. I'm only 250 days' worth of exp away from 10,000 exp as of tomorrow. The question will be whether I hit 10k posts before or after or at the same time (like pox tried to wait to do).
heh he did TRY, but failed XD, a month before he wanted bam he posts, and has made 1000 or so since, gotta love his random posts though

Exactly. He couldn't hold back from teh posting. He's addicted. Poor bastard. ;_;

(just like most of us around here are more addicted to b/ping than to posting... he's got the reverse problem)

For awhile, my posts had pulled well ahead of my exp, but then my exp passed up my posts... and now it's still somewhat ahead of 'em. So we'll see how my posting habits go in the next 8 months or so. But I'd expect to triplelist with exp before I quadlist with posts.
heh now only if in that time you can add ~X~'s amount of reviews to yours, and bam first to be penta listed ;P

I will never have 10,000 reviews.

There. The speculation can end. #;-}> X can be the first and only pentalisted person... oh so easily. All he needs is time and some effort.

Good. Because it didn't seem to make sense to you when I had to explain it to you. #;-}>
I don't get it ;P

hahah. Neither do I, anymore.

GOOD! SEE THAT WE DO! NEVER MIND IT. THAT IS.
Do an Overmind you say?

Do what now?

Yes, and that's why he kicked total ass.
OOOO he did...NO .... WAY

Who are we talking about now? O_O

Until he went and became lame in December 2003, that is (KOC!!! KOC!!! DAMN YOU, KOC!!!)... joined the dark side, he did. :::nods sadly:::
KOC is a what now?

Oh, Newgrundling. Yes, anywho...

KOC = the horrible Outwar-like game he got involved in during the winter of 03-04. It swallowed him whole for a few months. The only topic he posted in was the KOC club on C&C. And then he disappeared from the BBS for good. And then in May or so, he came back and posted two posts in a new thread here on Wi/Ht?... and claimed to be done with KOC and playing Diablo 2 all the time or something. And then he disappeared again.

I hear that "college" got him.

At 11/7/04 11:25 AM, ramagi wrote:
At 11/7/04 09:43 AM, DDRisFORcaptainsONLY wrote:
At 11/7/04 06:14 AM, D0GMA wrote: Actually, what I said was that my goal is to get more than two IDs into the top 50. I haven't the foggiest idea what to do after that.
heh get them to #1 and #2, COME ON I DARE YOU ):<
How do you know he doesn't????

Indeed, ramagi... indeed. Because, after all... you and I are both really Dogma. And thus...

Dogma already has THREE accounts on the top 50.

And all that remains is you and I passing fixit and then the Dogma account coming up and getting the #3 spot...

and then we will be 1-2-3. Easy as that.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-09 09:57:14

At 11/9/04 12:02 AM, gfoxcook wrote:

:: : At 11/6/04 06:08 PM, gfoxcook wrote:

Yes, but a lot of people don't seem to realise how much LONGER she was #1 for than fixit was #1. Not only was she first, but she reigned for a lot longer than he did. :::nods::: And once she reclaims #1, she'll be lengthening that advantage over fixit even more while simultaneously preventing him from boosting his "days as #1."
hmmm i can assume that she was #1 even before she got to EGSC, and be correct ... correct?
LONG before she got to EGSC. Long before anyone had even reached 10,000 b/p. Before anyone had even reached 2,000 b/p, for that matter. Right, ramagi? #;-}>

I was was offically number one on October 13th at 7pm. When I got my first ever savie msg. With 1338 points, up till I stoped at 36,000 points. That is 34,663 points I got before anyone else. FIx got 13503 points since then. You do the math.

NG chat. :::shuddering:::

Oh come visit me in the chat room some time. I'm still there on and off, during the evening hours. I have seen SK there a few times.

:: : heh now only if in that time you can add ~X~'s amount of reviews to yours, and bam first to be penta listed ;P

I will never have 10,000 reviews.

There. The speculation can end. #;-}> X can be the first and only pentalisted person... oh so easily. All he needs is time and some effort.

I think eventually there will be some more, but it is going to take a long time.

I hacked Bedn PAssword lsit so now all your accounts belong to me >:)

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-09 10:09:29

Hum, is it me or the rules of that list changed a little bit ... if I remember right, having combined blam/save points over 10,000 would get you in (which I did) ... and now it's separated score? Yes ... definitely, which means I've been kicked off the list ... hehe I'm screwed!

I guess I'll get back there in a while ... in 200 days of deposit, in 9900 reviews (noooo way!), in a couple of Blam or Saves (not enough time) or in a lot of post ... well ... I guess it'll be 200 days of deposit ...

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-09 13:11:03

At 11/9/04 10:09 AM, -Myst- wrote: I guess I'll get back there in a while ... in 200 days of deposit, in 9900 reviews (noooo way!), in a couple of Blam or Saves (not enough time) or in a lot of post ... well ... I guess it'll be 200 days of deposit ...

As long as you keep depositing

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-09 16:48:28

At 11/9/04 04:32 PM, OMGFindMySamurai wrote:
OMG d0gma = ramagi + fixit + the vagrants + ... d0gma :o

That is all wrong

ramagi + gfox > dogma + fixit +Toolcool

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-09 21:01:24

At 11/9/04 06:53 PM, OMGFindMySamurai wrote:
At 11/9/04 04:48 PM, ramagi wrote: That is all wrong

ramagi + gfox > dogma + fixit +Toocool
SO IT WAS AN INEQUALITY THE WHOLE TIME, crafty bastards ):<

We're tricky that way.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-09 21:16:43

At 11/9/04 10:09 AM, -Myst- wrote: Hum, is it me or the rules of that list changed a little bit ... if I remember right, having combined blam/save points over 10,000 would get you in (which I did) ... and now it's separated score? Yes ... definitely, which means I've been kicked off the list ... hehe I'm screwed!

I believe you are correct. Blams and saves were once B/S points untill the list was simply huge. I think it changed about a month ago?

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-09 21:30:14

At 11/9/04 09:16 PM, Bila wrote:
I believe you are correct. Blams and saves were once B/S points untill the list was simply huge. I think it changed about a month ago?

I nto sure when it was chagned, but it was chagned soem time back , just go back through this topic and you will find out.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-13 00:18:41

Is there a website for the BBS post count list?

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-13 00:25:40

At 11/13/04 12:18 AM, g3tLoST wrote: Is there a website for the BBS post count list?

No, there was a topic about it but now admins are against any list that only counts the amount of posts of an user because people spams to get high in the list.

read the last post by Dobio

It's possible to implement one on another website but you it would be against the rules to advertise that kind of list anywhere on ng, epecially the BBS.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-14 00:00:14

Update of this will come later today (the 14th, that is). I was hoping to do it soon after the VP list, but I was tired of updating lists so I took a break. One day later ain't too bad. It's not like I do this one every Saturday, after all.

So, get ready for some pentalisty action at some point today. I WILL NOT PREDICT WHEN. Yes.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-14 00:09:27

Yayay finally i will be on the list today!!! ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-14 04:08:48

At 11/13/04 12:25 AM, EKRegulus wrote:
It's possible to implement one on another website but you it would be against the rules to advertise that kind of list anywhere on ng, epecially the BBS.

It's not really that it's against the rules, per se. The nice thing about ranking lists is that it gets people motivated to be more involved in NG. If post count were merely perceived as, "just a stat," it wouldn't be a problem, but people like to move up lists. The trouble is that post count ranking lists get them involved in spam in order to move up that list.

I'm constantly writing posts, then hitting ALT+<- and moving on to something else. Whatever I've started to write isn't turning out the way I had expected, isn't important, has already been said, or isn't that humourous. Under the best of circumstances, a lot of people here simply do not stop before posting and think, "do I have anything worth saying?" That already limited number of users diminishes dramatically when a post count list is being run. While Dobio was running the list, spammage went through the roof, particularly in the week or so after a posting, as people made random threads and wrote tons of drivel to get a boost on their ranking. I've made six threads in the entire time I've been here. How many hundreds do you think that would be if I gave a shit about post count?

It's not in the rules not to make one, but anyone running a ranking thread of it is going to get it (and possibly them) jumped on. There's no control over external sites, so you're not going to "get in trouble," for making a site tracking those stats. Control will be exercised here, however, with BBS bans and post trimming being the end result of a post count list ... certainly not to the degree someone like myself would wish, but I could delete 10k posts a day for a couple of months and still not be satisfied.

At 11/14/04 12:00 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Update of this will come later today (the 14th, that is). I was hoping to do it soon after the VP list, but I was tired of updating lists so I took a break. One day later ain't too bad. It's not like I do this one every Saturday, after all.

Well, you've set it up to be bi-monthly anyway, so it's not "due" until Monday or Tuesday. I'm happy to see it earlier =)

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-14 09:53:39

At 11/14/04 12:00 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Update of this will come later today (the 14th, that is).

So, get ready for some pentalisty action at some point today. I WILL NOT PREDICT WHEN. Yes.

I was wondering about that.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-14 10:04:13

Really cool special ultra mention: I turn 10,000 days old tomorrow (11/15/2004). I think that's pretty nifty in and of itself... but seeing as how I just happen to run a list of people with one of five or more stats over 10,000... it's even more awesome. Heh. #;-}>

Another pentalist update has arrived. History of the list: What started as a list of people with exp, b/p, and/or post counts above 10,000 and later expanded into a list of people with exp, b/p, post, and/or review counts above 10,000 has now been fully expanded into a list of people with exp, blam, save, post, and/or review counts above 10,000. And thus the QuadList of the first half of 2004 has become the PentaList of the second half of 2004. For now, the update frequency is twice a month or approximately once every two to three weeks.

One of the 32 original bumped people has rejoined the list once again (meaning 8 are back overall and 24 remain off the list for now). Welcome back, Denvish! It was only a matter of time with how b/p-reawakened he's been lately. ALSO once again, there are only THREE additions besides him: welcome to -Mazza-, carmelhadinosaur, and HeinousDude! Interestingly (a third "once again" in this paragraph), 3 people hitting 10k blams and 1 person hitting 10k posts... is exactly the same situation as last update. The pattern has been 0/3/0/1/0 for awhile now. It'd sure be nice to have another person added to the list due to say 10k saves (aside from TooCool), but oh well. I think we'll be back to some new people due to 10k exp next update (for the first time in three updates), so that'll provide some variety, at least. Speaking of 10k exp...

alexsmolik hit 10k exp yesterday! Congrats, alex! Also, thisisasignin (the last person I had to pass before making my run to EGSC, incidentally) has finally hit 10k saves! Welcome to the elite fraternity of ubersaviors, signin! This means that we've got both a new triplelisting AND a new doublelisting. How's that for a treat, eh? Doesn't happen often and won't happen again for SOME time, let me assure you. Now, on to the list additions, the double/triplelist section, and the actual list update:

List entry due to exp (0): N/A
List entry due to blams (3): Denvish, -Mazza-, carmelhadinosaur
List entry due to saves (0): N/A
List entry due to posts (1): HeinousDude
List entry due to reviews (0): N/A

Doublelisted people (19 total, 1 new):
gfoxcook (blams, saves)
fixit (blams, saves)
Recon_Rebel (blams, saves)
D0GMA (blams, saves)
RyoHahn (blams, saves)
Crono- (blams, saves)
thisisasignin [NEW] (blams, saves)
NemesisM66 (exp, blams)
biteme2514 (blams, posts)
YoinK (exp, blams)
Captain_Bob (exp, blams)
_altr_ (exp, blams)
poxpower (exp, posts)
Stormwarden (exp, blams)
Shrapnel (exp, posts)
dl_Monk (exp, blams)
DrMSM (exp, blams)
format (exp, posts)
Tanner (exp, posts)

Triplelisted people (3 total, 1 new):
ramagi (exp, blams, saves)
Bila (exp, blams, saves)
alexsmolik [NEW] (exp, blams, saves)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-14 10:06:12

November 14 2004
Rank - Exp - Blams - Saves - Posts - Reviews -- Total | Username
==================================================
001.) 11880 - 32469 - 16616 - 02163 - 00510 - 63638 | ramagi
002.) 07570 - 27800 - 18545 - 07236 - 00515 - 61666 | gfoxcook
003.) 05395 - 33402 - 16101 - 00005 - 00001 - 54904 | fixit
004.) 08330 - 25164 - 13356 - 07287 - 00058 - 54195 | Recon_Rebel
005.) 09718 - 26183 - 08265 - 09137 - 00044 - 53347 | TheJoe324
006.) 11508 - 24835 - 13923 - 00319 - 00592 - 51177 | Bila
007.) 10010 - 21172 - 10346 - 08130 - 00150 - 49808 | alexsmolik
008.) 05865 - 25490 - 10317 - 03302 - 00141 - 45115 | D0GMA
009.) 08750 - 18725 - 13559 - 02787 - 00148 - 43969 | RyoHahn
010.) 07720 - 24698 - 10035 - 01326 - 00186 - 43965 | Crono-
011.) 06857 - 18232 - 10126 - 08612 - 00080 - 43907 | thisisasignin
012.) 06930 - 21142 - 09690 - 04612 - 00113 - 42487 | leeboy105 +1
013.) 15690 - 19221 - 06824 - 00450 - 00017 - 42202 | NemesisM66 -1
014.) 05945 - 16024 - 07736 - 10889 - 00100 - 40694 | biteme2514
015.) 12318 - 15859 - 07672 - 01697 - 02804 - 40350 | YoinK
016.) 12752 - 14518 - 06835 - 04546 - 00042 - 38693 | Captain_Bob
017.) 04500 - 22549 - 07839 - 02382 - 00064 - 37334 | MPA +2
018.) 07700 - 19482 - 08509 - 00668 - 00043 - 36402 | chaotic1 -1
019.) 12805 - 13394 - 06427 - 03219 - 00131 - 35976 | _altr_ -1
020.) 10261 - 07091 - 06048 - 11483 - 00055 - 34938 | poxpower
021.) 04935 - 19475 - 06658 - 01485 - 02097 - 34650 | Artificial
022.) 07100 - 15163 - 08603 - 03201 - 00322 - 34389 | XkwiziTOnE
023.) 11189 - 14067 - 06813 - 01802 - 00208 - 34079 | Stormwarden +1
024.) 08340 - 13492 - 06315 - 05416 - 00331 - 33894 | _lightning_ -1
025.) 17609 - 01068 - 00759 - 13243 - 00321 - 33000 | Shrapnel
026.) 04290 - 18808 - 06350 - 03150 - 00036 - 32634 | IKRU
027.) 07256 - 16636 - 06722 - 00692 - 00195 - 31501 | moongod
028.) 05790 - 13191 - 05789 - 00591 - 05632 - 30993 | kwas71kck
029.) 06470 - 15472 - 06995 - 00426 - 00890 - 30253 | Pillz-E +2
030.) 12790 - 10592 - 05049 - 01329 - 00102 - 29862 | dl_Monk -1
031.) 10953 - 10576 - 08148 - 00007 - 00038 - 29722 | DrMSM -1
032.) 09849 - 14000 - 05598 - 00001 - 00006 - 29454 | Wylo +1
033.) 10938 - 03020 - 02674 - 12095 - 00537 - 29264 | format -1
034.) 05965 - 06617 - 04135 - 11633 - 00498 - 28848 | HeadBanger
035.) 04965 - 17218 - 06306 - 00115 - 00001 - 28605 | Syme +2
036.) 09700 - 13646 - 04272 - 00881 - 00083 - 28582 | nimmer
037.) 10730 - 00463 - 00221 - 16957 - 00049 - 28420 | Tanner -2
038.) 13238 - 07049 - 03913 - 02648 - 00022 - 26870 | HAQnSPITT +1
039.) 08720 - 12574 - 05421 - 00010 - 00110 - 26835 | pingpong08 -1
040.) 05695 - 14795 - 05147 - 01021 - 00029 - 26687 | LockClock
041.) 06460 - 13793 - 05713 - 00539 - 00028 - 26533 | Mr_Snrub +2
042.) 04210 - 11560 - 04036 - 06303 - 00324 - 26433 | BVBG +3
043.) 05285 - 11918 - 06284 - 02878 - 00023 - 26388 | stafffighter -2
044.) 06525 - 12152 - 04623 - 02958 - 00124 - 26382 | wismty
045.) 11620 - 03822 - 01802 - 04463 - 04557 - 26264 | mi4_real_2001 -3
046.) 04034 - 16369 - 05306 - 00167 - 00009 - 25885 | Nijsse +3
047.) 07050 - 12314 - 06390 - 00090 - 00017 - 25861 | Rabindarath -1
048.) 06735 - 00088 - 17298 - 01508 - 00025 - 25654 | Toocool100 -1
049.) 06400 - 12446 - 06386 - 00086 - 00029 - 25347 | alhill -1
050.) 11773 - 08717 - 04476 - 00258 - 00097 - 25321 | staphita

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2004-11-14 10:07:20

November 14 2004
Rank - Exp - Blams - Saves - Posts - Reviews -- Total | Username
==================================================
051.) 06200 - 02384 - 00986 - 14992 - 00094 - 24656 | Ozcar +1
052.) 03010 - 15540 - 03891 - 01846 - 00120 - 24407 | IAmNone +4
053.) 03570 - 14242 - 05276 - 01076 - 00013 - 24177 | Qwoxyl +1
054.) 07140 - 03134 - 01645 - 12142 - 00076 - 24137 | Dobio -3
055.) 04575 - 10266 - 04323 - 03769 - 01000 - 23933 | carmelhadinosaur +80
056.) 13887 - 06117 - 03136 - 00053 - 00600 - 23793 | innphernoe -3
057.) 02790 - 11544 - 02459 - 06709 - 00002 - 23504 | QuikFox +2
058.) 04720 - 13370 - 05039 - 00010 - 00260 - 23399 | good_guy_o +2
059.) 13450 - 04599 - 01944 - 01142 - 02142 - 23277 | EVIL-C -4
060.) 12832 - 05738 - 03701 - 00059 - 00689 - 23019 | UND -3
061.) 05555 - 04337 - 01842 - 10147 - 00795 - 22676 | bumcheekcity -3
062.) 02080 - 11407 - 03677 - 05205 - 00264 - 22633 | BonusStage +1
063.) 05310 - 11122 - 04823 - 01037 - 00322 - 22614 | Denvish +70
064.) 02780 - 13962 - 04295 - 00839 - 00157 - 22033 | SevenStar
065.) 15048 - 04668 - 01713 - 00106 - 00021 - 21556 | Narcissus -4
066.) 04910 - 11654 - 04140 - 00352 - 00186 - 21242 | TimScheff -4
067.) 04060 - 10333 - 02941 - 03342 - 00269 - 20945 | -Mazza- +67
068.) 12113 - 01364 - 00865 - 06360 - 00071 - 20773 | iLLiCit_JmBd -3
069.) 04320 - 11215 - 04124 - 00668 - 00064 - 20391 | Hermannator +1
070.) 04200 - 10489 - 04111 - 01127 - 00217 - 20144 | Shpouiten -2
071.) 02910 - 12302 - 03524 - 01316 - 00083 - 20135 | Foxphere +5
072.) 14151 - 01221 - 00406 - 04308 - 00025 - 20111 | Vash -6
073.) 13032 - 03126 - 03232 - 00384 - 00280 - 20054 | agent66 -6
074.) 10370 - 05987 - 01917 - 01036 - 00213 - 19523 | pimpmasterkdog +1
075.) 13305 - 01904 - 01353 - 02443 - 00512 - 19517 | DaFreaK_B_ -6
076.) 10326 - 03006 - 01146 - 00817 - 04179 - 19474 | RyanAn -2
077.) 17846 - 00505 - 00410 - 00665 - 00000 - 19426 | humantarget52 -6
078.) 11570 - 06164 - 01385 - 00016 - 00136 - 19271 | Nostrant -1
079.) 02190 - 12515 - 04294 - 00226 - 00045 - 19270 | _Newt -7
080.) 02700 - 11433 - 03171 - 01937 - 00016 - 19257 | BeFell +3
081.) 11175 - 00813 - 00351 - 06651 - 00249 - 19239 | DingleberryClock -8
082.) 03820 - 03115 - 01098 - 11071 - 00064 - 19168 | red_skunk +2
083.) 13578 - 03988 - 01536 - 00012 - 00000 - 19114 | Junon -5
084.) 17514 - 00271 - 00062 - 01068 - 00118 - 19033 | -bomb- -5
085.) 12790 - 03581 - 02589 - 00022 - 00008 - 18990 | Tanukitsune -5
086.) 17826 - 00416 - 00601 - 00096 - 00000 - 18939 | Pimp -5
087.) 12497 - 03456 - 01309 - 00748 - 00389 - 18399 | SteveZarebski -5
088.) 03610 - 11365 - 02537 - 00327 - 00051 - 17890 | jujmcint -3
089.) 05975 - 00094 - 00056 - 11057 - 00037 - 17219 | Ghaleonx5z -3
090.) 16211 - 00502 - 00100 - 00000 - 00001 - 16814 | oblivion -3
091.) 16483 - 00035 - 00014 - 00004 - 00022 - 16558 | BlueAsterisk -3
092.) 05145 - 00593 - 00395 - 10168 - 00217 - 16518 | Earfetish -3
093.) 10376 - 00256 - 00295 - 05473 - 00023 - 16423 | Testerline -3
094.) 14377 - 00911 - 01077 - 00000 - 00024 - 16389 | TheRealRebel -3
095.) 15376 - 00077 - 00052 - 00688 - 00006 - 16199 | BrewedBeaner -3
096.) 15746 - 00077 - 00083 - 00069 - 00061 - 16036 | Mike27112 -3
097.) 02225 - 10246 - 03346 - 00000 - 00007 - 15824 | courtday -3
098.) 15082 - 00393 - 00286 - 00000 - 00004 - 15765 | Yume -2
099.) 12128 - 02817 - 00300 - 00475 - 00031 - 15751 | Symbiont2 -4
100.) 11990 - 02220 - 01487 - 00003 - 00004 - 15704 | mercy_killer -3

BBS Signature