00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ironelmerfudd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Split Gums

6,632 Views | 13 Replies

Split Gums 2008-10-04 20:50:27

I have a problem. I went to the Dentist for a Cleaning, and immediately after, I tasted blood. When I got home, I looked in the mirror, and said "Oh Shit, I split my Gums." Apparently the dentist has seen this before, and said it will heal by itself. It is still bleeding, since Wednesday. What should I do?

BBS Signature

Response to Split Gums 2008-10-04 20:54:02

WTF? I got my teeth checked and they scraped shit off of them. They bled and a few days later they are still sore. Its not that big of a deal.

RAWR.

BBS Signature

Response to Split Gums 2008-10-04 20:55:06

go back to see your dentist perhaps? might be a good start?

:stupid.

BBS Signature

Response to Split Gums 2008-10-04 20:56:54

Masturbate with a bloody lubricant.

BBS Signature

Response to Split Gums 2008-10-04 21:06:44

At 10/4/08 09:03 PM, Carrigan95 wrote: Disgusting.

Welcome to Newgrounds.

Now get on yo knees!

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to Split Gums 2008-10-04 21:10:07

The topic starter is woman.

Response to Split Gums 2008-10-04 21:12:44

If you get warm water and dilute some salt into it until it's actually past the point of nasty, like really dissolve it til it's mostly salt water then swish with it it'll kill germs and bacteria.

If you use hydrogen peroxide, like 1/5th peroxide and 4/5 water, that'll also help kill the bacteria which will in turn help it heal.

Sometimes split gums are caused by food that had skin grow over it and then dislodges, ripping the gums. Brushing them with a finger once a day will stimulate growth in your gums and you can start to heal, but you'll never heal unless you pick a method of keeping it clean.

Listerine works, but I figured I'd offer non-easy-answers since Listerine should be the "Duh" answer.

Rubbing alcohol is right out, don't use it. Not only will it give you a tummy ache to swallow, but it'll make you trip balls for a few minutes in a brain-cell-not-feeling-good kinda way. Take it from experience...salt-water, peroxide, or listerine are your best methods of keeping your gums clean long enough for them to heal.

Btw, rubbing your gums lightly is part of the key to healing. Your saliva will heal it quickly, mouth wounds don't take long to heal, but rubbing it alerts the brain of that part of the body and pays closer attention to it in all aspects.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to PM me :D

!NG Birthday List! :3 Current Count: 151 <3|||HELLO OPERATOR!|||Greatest Thread Ever!

Formerly, and still,Rahvin-the-vampire. Thanks Valjylmyr :)

BBS Signature

Response to Split Gums 2008-10-04 21:24:12

Am I the only one who finds "Oh Shit, I Split my gums" to be hysterical.

Response to Split Gums 2008-10-04 21:29:31

At 10/4/08 09:24 PM, HotFrank75 wrote: Am I the only one who finds "Oh Shit, I Split my gums" to be hysterical.

I dunno...I don't really understand what's funny about it. I mean..it's not like they did it skateboarding and football hit their groin...just plain old dentist visit about split gums. Pretty boring if you ask me.

!NG Birthday List! :3 Current Count: 151 <3|||HELLO OPERATOR!|||Greatest Thread Ever!

Formerly, and still,Rahvin-the-vampire. Thanks Valjylmyr :)

BBS Signature

Response to Split Gums 2008-10-04 21:32:08

I was just talking about the actual phrase, I dunno. I think it's completely random.

Response to Split Gums 2008-10-04 22:11:51

Well, dont smile, maybe lick your lips occasionaly to keep them from drying out, get a drink of water, and anything else you can think of.

I like potatoes! This is awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Split Gums 2008-10-05 14:27:46

I know a lady who had the same problem, she was saying something to me at a park and her gums split. I didn't ask what happened, I just suggested she get that checked out.

Making topics you've already seen since 2000.

Response to Split Gums 2008-10-05 14:31:16

I'd recommend swilling some vodka/pure alcohol, but what do I know?

Response to Split Gums 2008-10-05 15:03:54

Change your name to Murphy.

Split Gums

god

BBS Signature