00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

boonsketi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"white screen" on flash player

23,230 Views | 21 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

"white screen" on flash player 2008-08-21 03:33:17

While I have been a longtime viewer of Newgrounds I do not create anything so I never joined up, I enjoy all of your hard work and visit the site daily, but have come across this annoying problem. Some games and animations show up in flash with nothing but a white background I can generally find the buttons by either tabing or searching the screen with my pointer till I get a hand icon but sometimes its the whole thing that has the problem and not only the loader. this seems to happen completely randomly and I've tried eveything from clean reinstalls to crazy backwards stuff posted in the adobe forums but nothing fixes it, anyone have this problem as well, or know how to fix it? (I am running current versions of flash and shockwave on vista home premium, and I have run the updater as administrator)

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-08-21 04:29:41

At 8/21/08 03:33 AM, Aydrianx wrote: While I have been a longtime viewer of Newgrounds I do not create anything so I never joined up, I enjoy all of your hard work and visit the site daily, but have come across this annoying problem. Some games and animations show up in flash with nothing but a white background

Sounds as if you need to update your flash player.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-08-21 05:34:23

At 8/21/08 04:29 AM, Haggard wrote: Sounds as if you need to update your flash player.

Says it all

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-08-21 05:58:35

I am running the most current version I'm very sure. the wipe and reinstall from the adobe sight Ive done 2-3 times since this started would ensure that.

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-08-21 06:20:16

Maybe the Submissions that you are trying to watch/play don't hae pre-loaders....

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-08-21 06:40:13

That may be true, but I just tested it on one that had a black and whit Icon from the front page (black and white animations are the ones that most freaquently have these problems, but not always) "ghost out part 3, and I can tell it has a preloader I see a little scorpion but no play button though if I search with my mouse I can find it other than the black scorpion everything is bright white, then the movie plays fine. though most of the time they don't when this happens.

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-08-21 06:43:52

just found another that is a better example the game "quadrato" all i see is a grey bar through the middle of the game, a logo in the top corner and a black box at the bottom, I cant even see my cursor on this one, everything other than the aforementioned is bright white.

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-08-22 00:11:20

if you never wanna see a white sreen (i had the same problem) go to www.java.com and go to download java and download the most latest java. Dude you gotta keep updating your computer

Im bored, lol

Check out my new signature:

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-08-22 01:02:14

<sigh> My java was indeed out of date thanks for the tip but, after installing running the verify tool and restarting i am still having the problem. I really thought you had it though thanx for the help.

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-08-22 10:18:05

Get smart. Get a faster connection.

Actually update your Flash plugin.

You'll be needing the latest version of JavaScript.

More help can be found at the FAQ.

BBS Signature

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-08-22 10:34:11

At 8/22/08 10:18 AM, thenewbies wrote: Get smart. Get a faster connection.

Actually update your Flash plugin.

You'll be needing the latest version of JavaScript.

More help can be found at the FAQ.

if your going to post suggestions try ready the thread first..... fail

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-08-22 11:06:08

Ok so I I took a deep breath and cooled off after that last response, and I try not to be so nasty. so here is an explination

I AM running the latest flash version so says the adobe site and the little T.V. in the faq

second after the helpful link from the other day I already updated java and it didn't help

and third I am using the fastest non-commercial cable internet line in my area

if you are going to suggest I upgrade flash or java or get faster internet plz don't bother, thank you.

P.S. i'm not trying to be antisocial and I do apreciate the few people who made helpful suggestions. just read the thread before you suggest stuff I've already tryed 6 times or that has already been mentioned.

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-08-22 11:43:36

By latest, do you mean 9, or 10 beta?

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-08-22 14:25:58

At 8/22/08 11:43 AM, Alfie wrote: By latest, do you mean 9, or 10 beta?

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-08-22 15:47:19

At 8/22/08 03:39 PM, Neo-Fusion wrote: I had a similar problem when we first got our new computer with vista.

Try going to your control panel and completely uninstalling flashplayer. Then go get it.

If you have vista the problem I had was that it didn't respond to updates unless you uninstalled it using the controlpanel.

Yeah they had that posted on the Adobe site, other than updating Java thats the most recent thing I tried, I will try it again as I don't remember if I shut down after uninstalling thanks man.

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-08-22 15:49:10

At 8/22/08 02:25 PM, Aydrianx wrote:

9.0.124.0 sorry missed a 0

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-08-26 22:07:31

At 8/22/08 11:06 AM, Aydrianx wrote: Ok so I I took a deep breath and cooled off after that last response, and I try not to be so nasty. so here is an explination

I AM running the latest flash version so says the adobe site and the little T.V. in the faq

second after the helpful link from the other day I already updated java and it didn't help

and third I am using the fastest non-commercial cable internet line in my area

if you are going to suggest I upgrade flash or java or get faster internet plz don't bother, thank you.

P.S. i'm not trying to be antisocial and I do apreciate the few people who made helpful suggestions. just read the thread before you suggest stuff I've already tryed 6 times or that has already been mentioned.

It may sound trivial after all the hardcore info about your situation you've been listing in here over and over again...

.... but are you clicking the watch this movie and play this game links directly?

Or are you using the pop-up link underneath them?

I recall a time on an older computer of mine when sometimes I'd get a white screen if trying to do the overlay flash play (the main link) method, but the flash would load just fine if I used the pop-up.

I'm not sure if I should hope that's your problem so the solution is simple... or hope it's NOT your problem so you won't go "ARGHGHGHGHG" and beat your head on the keyboard when it turns that's all it was.

(assuming you see this at all)

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-09-10 01:31:07

You know....I've been suffering from this very same problem for months. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Flash player, including trying downloading an older model then upgrading to the current one (9.0.124.0). I've downloaded the current model of java.... I don't know what the problem is. For whatever reason, flash player is not picking up the code of the background colour in flash animations.

Take NiN10Doh! (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/4 32427) for example. You know the credits? Not me, I can't see them. The BG through my computer is white, where every other it's picked up the code and displaying the black BG.

It's just incredibly frustrating. I figured the only possible way of it being fixed is when Adobe fully launches Flash Player ver. 10 as it's current version... and who knows when that will be.

I can't talk now... the squirrels are watching!

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-09-10 04:40:25

I've having this problem intermittenly... my connection is dodgey so its hard to blame NG for me but meh,

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-09-10 05:48:33

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2008-09-15 11:44:08

At 9/10/08 05:48 AM, CorvetteStingray wrote: wen i try 2 view dis move it display of blank screen and not loaging;;; heLP???

That's not funny.

I can't talk now... the squirrels are watching!

Response to "white screen" on flash player 2013-04-06 07:57:59

I'm having a similar problem but the movies and game are just not loading. As in when I right click on them to bring up settings it just says 'Movie not Loaded...'

I've got the latest flash and Java and my internet connection is pretty good so I'm not sure what's going on.

Any suggestions?