00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

More Stuff to Read and See

17,363 Views | 88 Replies
Respond to this Topic

More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 18:34:19

Luis has posted pictures from Comic-Con!

Also check out the list of RadicalWrongDoer posts about their experience. AniGen wrote up some especially good coverage about his experience. NOTE: John (fellow Behemoth co-founder) organized the party so thank HIM! And the party really was magical, I gotta say... NG is a cool crowd.

Jimtopia also provided a day-by-day breakdown, and I just finally gave him a series page.

I'll stop talking about Comic-Con and move on to this nice PM I got from DeuceNine:

"I don't ever remember a point in my life where I struggled to know what to do with my future (except for when I wanted to be an astronaut, then a pilot, then a black ninja, then a white ninja, then Goku, then a motorcycle, then a black ninja...). Anyway, while everyone around me took their different paths into inevitably dull horizons (into darkness with broadness that not even a dictionary can describe, i.e. "Business" and "Marketing"), I am more than confident that I have a sure path for me. I have Newgrounds to thank for that. I made my first animation, Final Fantasy Day Care, when I was 15, and it took off from there. Newgrounds has given aspiring artists a home where we can showcase our work so we can teach each other and learn from others. As you know, animation can be hard work , especially if its a solo project, and Newgrounds has given us a place where we can get the views we deserve. I am now 19 and enrolled at Savannah College of Arts and Design with an animation major and a storyboarding minor. I have showed my animations to animation professors and people at art school boards, granting me a generous scholarship for the works I proudly make for the Newgrounds community. Today I released my first animation, Interplanetary Exchange Student, since being at college. Its done a little half and half: half still at high school, and half done while at college. I hope it shows improvement, seeing as how I'm afraid to watch my old stuff hahaha... it's not funny actually, I have literally cringed...

Newgrounds has been a friend to me for years now. We're all moving on to greater things now; I have a whole life ahead of me to shape as I please, and I heard you guys just came back from Comic-Con (I also heard that you guys didn't invite me... I enjoy fun occasionally, too...). For whatever successes I may have in my future, I will always have Newgrounds to thank for that. I watch the content on Newgrounds and I find it amazing that some of the things done by our generation can sometimes compete in quality with professional works. I have never seen anything like it. Thanks Newgrounds, for starting the revolution and continue inspiring young animators, programmers, and whatever else."

Awe, thanks!!!

Monthly voting for Best of July starts tomorrow!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 18:34:55

Wish I could've seen it.

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 18:38:14

Awesome news Tom

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 18:38:22

Wish I could have been at comic con.

[Newgrounds] Counter-Strike: Souce Server | 217.163.25.105:27015 | Come play us.

HIGH FIVE

BBS Signature

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 18:38:32

So no one died?

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 18:39:30

Nice pictures.

lol fat lady

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 18:40:07

Good job to Luis for uploading photo's!

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 18:40:37

No more updates until you release the store!

None

BBS Signature

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 18:43:32

instead of wasting time at comic con you could work on the fucking new chat room

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 18:44:17

Jimtopia got his own series page! Awesome!

~

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 18:48:51

Wish I was at Comic Con. Hopefully you guys will have another big event in California someday.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 18:55:12

I hate everyone who went this year.

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 19:03:39

I really wish that I could of been at CC, also that is a very nice message

BBS Signature

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 19:04:56

gratz to jimtopia!

BBS Signature

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 19:05:23

I took a look at the Comic-Con photos.
It looks like it was a blast.
I wish I could of been there.
Anyway thank you for the news Tom.

COKEHEAD75

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 19:07:12

good job luis.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 19:12:10

Sweet, I'll have to take a look at those pictures...
Also, what a very nice PM.

I'd love to hear from you. :3 | E-Mail: evansweeney@gmx.com | AIM: EvantheDeku | Oh dear, Dekuboy is back..

BBS Signature

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 19:21:52

You're all surprisingly good looking, and yes I said surprisingly =p. I really don't live that far away from Comic con... less than like an hour away in fact and I have a couple of friends who know people in the area where I could have crashed.... but sadly I'm having to save up all my cash for Blizzcon.

Maybe next year.

"Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

~Henry Rollins

BBS Signature

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 19:25:34

Yeah newgrounds is justa stepping stone. Like McDonalds.
That story seemed to cheap a huge faux pas.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 19:38:04

Cool beans.

lol @ comic con pics

well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter :3

BBS Signature

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 19:38:56

Considering I've been absent from NG for most of the month and oblivious to anything on it for the rest of it, voting's gonna be tough. ^^;

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 19:38:59

Thats one good flash, the series has potential : )

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 19:43:47

One of these days ill come to comic con..anyways Anigen's post is beyond epic..

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 19:52:10

Awesome! :D

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 19:54:39

w00t first page!!!!

Also Luis's Webcam section isnt working

Insert humorous comment about the below user.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dmabste rProductions

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 20:09:45

At 7/31/08 06:34 PM, TomFulp wrote: Luis has posted pictures from Comic-Con!

N-I-C-E

Also check out the list of RadicalWrongDoer posts about their experience. AniGen wrote up some especially good coverage about his experience. NOTE: John (fellow Behemoth co-founder) organized the party so thank HIM! And the party really was magical, I gotta say... NG is a cool crowd.

Wow, I'll have to read that tomorrow, because it's huge! That means they loved it.

Jimtopia also provided a day-by-day breakdown, and I just finally gave him a series page.

Well deserved, his last movie is great.

I'll stop talking about Comic-Con and move on to this nice PM I got from DeuceNine:
PMPMPMPMPMPPMPMPMPMPMPMPMPMPMMPMPM
Awe, thanks!!!

Dude... whoa.

Monthly voting for Best of July starts tomorrow!

I'll see if I can vote in this month too. I was able to vote last month but... yeah, who knows if a bunch of users with more experience that I woke up suddenly.

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 20:10:13

Tom, simply put; you provided a site where new artists can showcase flash animation/games to an audience of a larger size, which would appear unfeasible a decade ago.

For animators alike such as Jimtopia and other NG artists, they must feel in someway small or large, Newgrounds being a contribution to their ongoing animation career/interest. Heh, perhaps you got a smile from his pm.

NG Review Moderator // Report Today!

BBS Signature

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 20:18:48

I got no further than the first sentence before I was caught thinking... NG is quality.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 20:48:25

man, i wish i was at the comic-con

John Pablo

Response to More Stuff to Read and See 2008-07-31 20:50:08

At 7/31/08 06:34 PM, TomFulp wrote:

WTF Tom?
Alright that's it. Jimtopia is a wonderful series and I'm happy for Jim, but The Duders deserve a series page just as much as it does. Their's roughly 20 Jim toons and over 30 Duder toons, also I've actually been improving in the last 2 years - The Duders have multiple shots, I storyboard each short, I improved it from a simple lazy-ass tween animation style to a nicer cartoony tween/FBF mix.
Not only that, but IRL everyone involved in The Duders has been pushing hard for a page for a while. I remember everyone leaving a message on the NG office voice mail.

I make The Duders and upload them on NG for NG! NG is the Duders home, but it feels like they've been standing on a big "Welcome" mat made of fucking shit! >:C

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature