00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lemmiwinks Art thread

13,648 Views | 92 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2009-01-12 18:21:04

yay all the reples....

anyway would appreciate help on this one, i have to design a character to put in my portfolio so i made this amphibious creature today. done in inks just want some designing help and to pick out flaws in it so i can improve it. this ones the male version.

colours not final because limited colours and time but just for 1st time concept.
Female yet to be done and need to black out b ground on this 1.

delete last post please...

Lemmiwinks Art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2009-01-20 14:01:28

1 more giger study. smaller than A5 oil paint

Lemmiwinks Art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2009-01-25 18:27:26

ok so ive been working on getting the proportions correct on this guy and its been frustrating me. i think ive got it sorted but if anyone would like to point out any corrections or say that it is correct it would really help me since its gunna be for my portfolio. cheers

plz help

:this one will be a sorta WIP and i'll paint it once its correct.

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2009-01-25 18:29:09

my bad...

Lemmiwinks Art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2009-01-25 22:53:10

The only thing I see is that his pelvis could be moved up, as his legs are looking pretty short. His thigh muscles should also be beefier considering his size, i m o

could check it at this site if you want... I think they got a pose viewer somewhere

http://www.posemaniacs.com/?pagename=thi rtysecond

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2009-01-26 15:44:45

At 1/25/09 10:53 PM, Savory wrote: The only thing I see is that his pelvis could be moved up, as his legs are looking pretty short. His thigh muscles should also be beefier considering his size, i m o

could check it at this site if you want... I think they got a pose viewer somewhere

http://www.posemaniacs.com/?pagename=thi rtysecond

Hey, thanks for the help. i always draw legs short for some reason. before that they where even shorter. i made some adjustments including those ones. so hopefully it looks right now.

once again asking for help.

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2009-02-03 14:57:10

oops i forgot the pic on my last post. owell ive moved on, i started doodling and came up with this 'princess of darkness' picture which is know my new character design for my portfolio. so heres my doodling of front and side views. ive redrawn on proper paper and in process of painting it know.

Lemmiwinks Art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2009-02-03 22:12:28

At 1/20/09 02:01 PM, Lemmiwinks91 wrote: 1 more giger study. smaller than A5 oil paint

Holy ball sacks, this ones amazing ;o i love the fluidity of the "Liquid" coming from it's eye.

I'd love to see more of this stuff? (If you have)

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2009-02-04 17:31:20

At 2/3/09 10:12 PM, Darkaxl wrote:
At 1/20/09 02:01 PM, Lemmiwinks91 wrote: 1 more giger study. smaller than A5 oil paint
Holy ball sacks, this ones amazing ;o i love the fluidity of the "Liquid" coming from it's eye.

I'd love to see more of this stuff? (If you have)

haha, thanks alot man. i will be doing some more of that stuff in a few weeks but for now ill post this. My stuff i showed before lead up to these, 3 chalk portraits in high contrast lighting etc... you get the idea. i will post high res ones on deviant art when i take my camera into school. they are about A1 size and they are meant to be ligned up like this sorta. enjoy

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2009-02-04 17:39:38

my bad

Lemmiwinks Art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2009-02-09 15:18:34

bump. oil painting of guy smoking pipe. (referenced)

Lemmiwinks Art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2009-02-09 16:05:12

At 2/9/09 03:18 PM, Lemmiwinks91 wrote: bump. oil painting of guy smoking pipe. (referenced)

I hope thats an wip and you're gonna remove those pitchblack shadows and background. Completely black areas is horrid. Try working with a dark red or green in there. And if you want to take it one step even further, try adding a second lightsource. But i dont know maybe thats how the reference looked and its correct. Either way it needs some color.
Post more!

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2009-02-20 16:25:22

art bumb. not to sure about this one reli, i doodled it in like 10mins and went over it in photoshop to add strong colour areas. comments about this?

Lemmiwinks Art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2009-02-20 17:24:01

some nice work on some of the faces though you tend to space the eyes slightly wrong try and line out a circle to get the spacing more natural . apart from that keep it up you can see even this thread your improvment

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2009-02-23 16:55:41

i say, smashing good stuff

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2009-02-23 17:27:22

love your colors man! Great job on most of it, which I say because your quality varies quite a bit with some of those, and all of it looks great anyways. :D

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2009-04-16 13:16:51

art bump, i know its a big one but i thought wats the point in starting a new one, right?

i got some indian acrylic ink and new pen nibs and was away, i think hair looks a bit big but not sure...

Lemmiwinks Art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2009-07-11 19:33:38

Wow, I really love your style! This is awesome, keep it up!
:D

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2010-01-04 03:48:47

Major art bump, no point in not sharing, or starting a new thread!

I got a wacom a year ago and i couldn't get to grips with it and then put it away for house renovations till about a month ago. So i've been getting better i think. I've painted a self-portrait from a gig i went too (Rise Against). higher quality
Thanks

Lemmiwinks Art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2010-01-04 03:54:16

A baby hand...

Lemmiwinks Art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2010-01-04 05:07:50

At 1/4/10 03:48 AM, Lemmiwinks91 wrote: Major art bump, no point in not sharing, or starting a new thread!

Good to have you back

I got a wacom a year ago and i couldn't get to grips with it and then put it away for house renovations till about a month ago. So i've been getting better i think. I've painted a self-portrait from a gig i went too (Rise Against). higher quality
Thanks

thats cool, It could use some more definition though I think.
THe baby hand is very cool, was that done with your tablet too? im guessing not, otherwise its even more impressive. I like how the lineart really adds to the impression of the baby hand... it makes it even more fragile/cuddly/soft...

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2010-01-04 06:17:58

At 1/4/10 05:07 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 1/4/10 03:48 AM, Lemmiwinks91 wrote: Major art bump, no point in not sharing, or starting a new thread!
Good to have you back
Thanks
thats cool, It could use some more definition though I think.
THe baby hand is very cool, was that done with your tablet too? im guessing not, otherwise its even more impressive. I like how the lineart really adds to the impression of the baby hand... it makes it even more fragile/cuddly/soft...

Thanks,

I need to try to do more detail with my tablet and try a get neater less blurred lines then?
For the baby hand i did the line art in ink and then coloured it with watercolours. I wish my scanner worked cus thats a phone pic! I never was a fan of watercolours till i did that, i guess there alright...

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2010-01-04 07:14:15

At 1/4/10 06:17 AM, Lemmiwinks91 wrote: I need to try to do more detail with my tablet and try a get neater less blurred lines then?

Yeah... well not everywhere, but for example around the nose, it could help to have some sharper contrasts...

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2010-01-04 08:41:14

Great pics to revive your thread man, good job.

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2010-01-18 16:04:54

At 1/4/10 07:14 AM, J-qb wrote: Yeah... well not everywhere, but for example around the nose, it could help to have some sharper contrasts...

I have been trying to get it sharper, i will probably do a full portrait and post it by next week. thanks

At 1/4/10 08:41 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Great pics to revive your thread man, good job.

Thanks a lot dude :)

More hands. Because thats what i want ta do atm.

Hand 1of2, My own hand, i got hand cramp... 20minutes.

Lemmiwinks Art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2010-01-18 16:07:14

At 1/18/10 04:04 PM, Lemmiwinks91 wrote: More hands. Because thats what i want ta do atm.

Hand 2of2, Reference used because i don't have old hands. Unfortunatly, for art purposes.

P.S. more hands to come...

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2010-01-18 16:11:21

At 1/18/10 04:04 PM, Lemmiwinks91 wrote: More hands. Because thats what i want ta do atm.

Hand 2of2, Reference used because i don't have old hands. Unfortunatly, for art purposes.

SORRY! please delete post before if you feel compelled to moderater.

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2010-01-18 16:13:01

SORRY! please delete post before if you feel compelled to moderater.

Lemmiwinks Art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2010-01-18 17:20:09

At 1/18/10 04:36 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: You've done really well on the hands ,How long was it to observe The Texture?

Thanks a lot.
If i'm honest, i just picked up the pencil and drew. But i did look and the textures while drawing and followed the natural flow of the skin around the hand whilst drawing.

BBS Signature

Response to Lemmiwinks Art thread 2010-01-28 17:28:16

Life drawing class. 1hour30 minute pose. Please criticise.

One of a few life drawings that i'll upload to my deviant and ng art portal.

High Res

Lemmiwinks Art thread

BBS Signature