00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GaboRabo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Artist needed, big job $$$

2,692 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-27 20:16:15

Hey Ng, you have probably seen some of my other posts for this game i am making, but i cant do all the art on my own

The game is called hostile evolution, and you start off by picking a melee, ranged or mind character.

the view is like dad n me (side view, 2d, where you can run up or down while only flipping directions on the x and y axis)

when you pick a character, you are in a limited area (pretty big) where monsters spawn and you have to kill them for exp money and other stuff.
whenever you level up, you move on to the next age, becoming more advanced.

the ages go as follows: wood age, stone age, dark age, middle age, industrial age, present age, space age.

So basically the artist needs to draw running, attacking getting hit, dying, and some skill animations for the characters, and possibly enemies.

dont worry there is no rush, i am only about half way done with the engine, but it should be done in a couple weeks or so.

im using flash cs3, so any format is ok, 30 fps, 525X475 dimensions

the money will go like this: 50/50 for sponsorship and ad impressions. if we dont make money for sponsorship, i will still pay the artist depending on their work.

i need an artist that is willing to work, and will be online alot.

heres my contact info,
msn : tadas202@msn.com
email: tadasflash@hotmail.com
aim: lol its tadas

post here or pm if interested, or for more details!

ps, heres the kinda of cartoony style i wana use, but if you can do other styles, tell me

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-27 20:17:50

and i knew i would forget, but i need to find an artist by tonight, im leaving tomorrow for a couple days, but bringing my laptop so i can work on the AS, but i would like the artist to work on the animations then also :D

sorry for double post :)

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-27 22:59:57

I can help.

BBS Signature

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-27 23:09:48

This sounds fun, could you pm me the engine you've got so far? If it's professional, I'll definitively be able to design good characters for it :)

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-27 23:10:46

k cool, pm me some examples of your work as well as your email address and stuff, so i can give you info, you may be doing enemies only, if thats ok

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-27 23:12:50

At 7/27/08 11:09 PM, LuckyDesign wrote: This sounds fun, could you pm me the engine you've got so far? If it's professional, I'll definitively be able to design good characters for it :)

lol you dont just pm an engine, especially when its good, i need to see examples of your art, as alot of artists have pmed me asking to work

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-27 23:15:07

At 7/27/08 11:12 PM, ActionSick wrote:
At 7/27/08 11:09 PM, LuckyDesign wrote: This sounds fun, could you pm me the engine you've got so far? If it's professional, I'll definitively be able to design good characters for it :)
lol you dont just pm an engine, especially when its good, i need to see examples of your art, as alot of artists have pmed me asking to work

Check out the last game i did - http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/44 9146
You can trust me :)

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-27 23:31:57

hmm well then you can design enemies, pm your contact info

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-27 23:33:14

I've done a remake of the caveman guy, I'm good at the cartoony style, Pm me if you are interested.

BBS Signature

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-27 23:33:30

check here for the specs on the enemies. then email the flas to tadasflash@hotmail.com

im leaving for like 4 days starting monday, so ill work on the engine then with a laptop and i want my artsts to work on the animations.

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-27 23:45:12

At 7/27/08 11:33 PM, ActionSick wrote: check here for the specs on the enemies. then email the flas to tadasflash@hotmail.com

im leaving for like 4 days starting monday, so ill work on the engine then with a laptop and i want my artsts to work on the animations.

i love how you want people to work for you without showing anything good, i'm sorry but dont expect decent animators to work for you unless you put some effort yourself and show a god damn preview of what they should be animating for
engine or it didnt happen

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-27 23:47:14

Can you send me an example of your engine, just to make sure you are not trying to scam me.

BBS Signature

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-27 23:50:19

i love how you want people to work for you without showing anything good, i'm sorry but dont expect decent animators to work for you unless you put some effort yourself and show a god damn preview of what they should be animating for

well your art isnt too shabby so i dont need you, plus you are an asshole,

destructin, i dont have too much so far for the engine, notthin special i mean, but you can check my profile for some test games i have made. but trust me, im not scamming you, and im an exp aser.

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-27 23:55:56

At 7/27/08 11:50 PM, ActionSick wrote: destructin, i dont have too much so far for the engine, notthin special i mean, but you can check my profile for some test games i have made. but trust me, im not scamming you, and im an exp aser.

You're right, especially that virus game. I'm sure it was a real feat to make something go with the arrow keys AND have badguys that go in the same direction every second. Destructin, maybe you should wait till he's back and can do a little work on the engine to show you.

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-27 23:58:42

At 7/27/08 11:50 PM, ActionSick wrote:

destructin, i dont have too much so far for the engine, notthin special i mean, but you can check my profile for some test games i have made. but trust me, im not scamming you, and im an exp aser.

Yeah experienced, if your games are indication i'm not impressed. You started the cock fight here by thinking the world will bow to your feet once you need artists for your new , original and actionscript heavy game ;) Good luck buddy

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-28 00:03:05

You can't ask people for art examples and then not post code examples. Also nobody is going to work immediately for you until you prove you can code well.

Also...

At 7/27/08 11:50 PM, ActionSick wrote:

That doesn't make any sense, first you say his art is fine, and that means you don't need him? Also calling people assholes won't help you at all.

Also...

At 7/27/08 11:12 PM, ActionSick wrote:

If a lot of artists have pm'ed you why make this thread? Just partner up with one of them.

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-28 00:12:16

yea i dont need an artist, i have a great one drawing sketches right now. el presidente, you are so cool, you follow me around in my threads and try to flame. but it would help if people would draw some enemies

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-28 00:19:17

You're right, especially that virus game. I'm sure it was a real feat to make something go with the arrow keys AND have badguys that go in the same direction every second.

oh yea, except it got a better rating than most of your flashes?

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-28 00:19:36

At 7/28/08 12:12 AM, ActionSick wrote: yea i dont need an artist, i have a great one drawing sketches right now. el presidente, you are so cool, you follow me around in my threads and try to flame. but it would help if people would draw some enemies

To rephrase:
Pfftt yeah... well you guys smell!!! My big brother will make awesome drawings to kick you guys asses! I didnt even need to post, seeing as how i dont even have an engine but I WANNA SEE PEOPLE DRAW MY CHARACTERS. Ah well this plays sucks, fuck ng ;o
p.s. any suckers please draw me cool fanart! Thanks!

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-28 00:22:01

lol i love idiots like you

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-28 00:23:43

At 7/28/08 12:22 AM, ActionSick wrote: lol i love idiots like you

And i love you hunnybuny :3

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-28 00:27:37

oooo0000oooo. . . .

well i have like bearly anything, i started this game this morning. and i thought i was going to do the art, but im not too good. lol

so i guess ill show you my totally sick engine that doesnt have anything yet

click the big guy, then select melee, the black squares are enemies that will spawn, 5 at a time, after 1 second of checking if there is the max amount possible. all you can do is run left and right with half a body whahaha

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/270708/8 0776_Hostile_Evolution.php

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-28 00:30:03

At 7/28/08 12:22 AM, ActionSick wrote: lol i love idiots like you

I wanna issue a FLASHOFF! Ashkinscript Three Point Oh! Don't even go there about your submissions versus mine. Realize this, once you get front paged, most of the time your score goes down. I think my 70,000 views on Pico & Pals which took about a month and a half, trumps your little sissy viral game, which no offense, but 2,000 views, it didn't go so viral. I'm not on here to flame you, I'm on here to stop jackasses like you from fucking over people like destructin. I also am not saying you're a terrible coder, it's just you may not have shown anything that shows your true capacity, and that's what we're telling you to do!

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-28 00:41:36

At 7/28/08 12:27 AM, ActionSick wrote:

LOL oh gawd
... just wow
i so feel like character designing for you right now

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-28 00:42:19

k listen, asshole. I have been on ng for not too long, i started making games like october last year. the games i have are like 1 and 2 day games. that is why i am making a bigger one now, so i have something to present, so kindly, just go away. i know how to AS, and pretty soon i will have a game to brag about.

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-28 00:53:09

At 7/28/08 12:42 AM, ActionSick wrote: k listen, asshole. I have been on ng for not too long, i started making games like october last year. the games i have are like 1 and 2 day games. that is why i am making a bigger one now, so i have something to present, so kindly, just go away. i know how to AS, and pretty soon i will have a game to brag about.

Sounds good, just listen to my advice on this for 1/4 of a second. Make a little bit bigger of an engine, don't care how bad the art is, just use squares for all I care. Then, once it shows what you really can do, and I think you have potential, come back, make a new thread. I have a lot of experience in this forum, and trust me when I say that. Okay?

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-28 01:11:30

At 7/28/08 12:41 AM, LuckyDesign wrote:
At 7/28/08 12:27 AM, ActionSick wrote:
LOL oh gawd
... just wow
i so feel like character designing for you right now

yea i told you it wasnt too good, plus that character is the one i sketched out, and im not an artist. so thats why i didnt want to put an engine, theres nothing there, but i have it all mapped out

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-28 01:12:32

Sounds good, just listen to my advice on this for 1/4 of a second. Make a little bit bigger of an engine, don't care how bad the art is, just use squares for all I care. Then, once it shows what you really can do, and I think you have potential, come back, make a new thread. I have a lot of experience in this forum, and trust me when I say that. Okay?

ill let you know, and ill keep it updated.

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-28 01:15:18

Wtf does 'mapped out' mean? Nobody cares if you have the code in your head, put it in flash and once you have something to show your skill, come back.

Response to Artist needed, big job $$$ 2008-07-28 02:19:59

I'm sorry man. But so far on the forum you don't have the greatest reputation.
You asked people to help with "TogaGames," your new site.

You said you'd pay for a logo, and give the code so we can see it as it develops.
You said you liked my logo, but I didn't see the money, then you changed the password to look at the site's progress.
The money was only something like $10, so I didn't really sweat it. But to never hear anything from you on the site about TogaGames again. Makes it seem like your not one to follow through on projects.

Not very reliable, now is it?
But, at the same time. Newgrounds is a place to prove yourself.
I'm not certain if you'll follow through with this. But prove me wrong. It maybe risky for others to get involved, but that is there choice. And in the end, best of luck to you. I hope that you do go through to the end with a trustworthy animator and all that.

GAH!

BBS Signature