00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Newgrounds Collab

16,317 Views | 245 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-16 23:57:16

Hai,

With Summer fun lurking about, let's get down to the point and start a pretty eventful collab. Why not dedicate to our home, we know today? Here, I introduce to you is the Newgrounds Collab. This is a collab basically dedicated to Newgrounds.com, as well as the creations in which live upon it.

In this collab, you will have an option to animate any Newgrounds characters and starring roles in animations across the portal. Some examples are; Pico from Pico's School, Strawberry Clock from the Clock Crew's work, or Bitey from Brackenwood.

I never quite saw a collab as the official Newgrounds Collab, but why not start one? Of course, in the past, there has been various collabs based off a bit of Newgrounds characters -- especially the All NG Fads Die!!! collab series, but that's besides the point. It focused on destroying the NG Fads like the Clocks, Madness Characters, There She is, etc. This collab on the otherhand is a tribute in which will show us tipping our hat off too these awesome animations that made Newgrounds what it is today.

I don't quite want this collab to be a laughing-stock or considered a joke. I'm hoping for people to actually take this collab seriously and not just shit out 5 second animations with shitty tweening or tracing that is considered their piece. Let's take our time and actually make this thing successful.

In this collaboration, I'm hoping for various animators and artists to create an animation based off of Newgrounds Characters. To prevent overuse of various Newgrounds Series, we will most likely have a minimum amount of people wanting to do a certain Newgrounds Character or Series. We will most likely only have one person doing one thing. Maybe, I'll allow more in further time -- but I want to focus on first come, first serve at the moment.

I will keep note on which series have been done already as well as which characters have been called for -- as well as which NG User is taking the piece. In the end, My goal is to have a whole list of various animations being covered. So this should be interesting.

Now it's time to touch up specs in which are needed, such as deadlines, co-authorship, as well as what our FPS and Flash settings will be.

^ You are required to create an animation in which is based on a Newgrounds character, or Animation Series which lives on Newgrounds. Great examples are; There She Is! Blockhead!
* We honestly want to stay as much away from dialogue as possible. Which means, sounds or voicework, but there will be an exception if your part REALLY needs to involve dialogue. But the short silent film, is what we're aiming for.
* We really don't want to allow the robot clock voices either.
* No half-assed animations.
* You must be able to show a really good example of your Flash Animating Skill to be qualified to submit a piece. We really don't want any noobs taking the spot for a possible good animation parody.
* Have fun !

Adobe Flash Document Properties:
Dimensions: 600X400
Background Color: White(default)
Frame rate: 24 FPS

The sound and audio for this collaboration will be decided all in all by the people taking part in the collab. I don't quite have a set track in the right set of mind at the moment -- But at a further date, we'll have a nice little poll on which audio track will be decided for our ending collab.

To prevent further interruption or problems, I would appreciate it if when you send in your collab piece, that you will send me a Flash 8 Format file. I can not work with CS3 files due to the lack of the program. Only submit Flash 8 work. Thank you.

Another thing, please avoid using names of your Movie clip, and symbols as "Tween 1" or "Symbol 1." Use a unique name, such as "Rudy_01." So it'll prevent any further editing of names, it'll help out alot. Thank you for that as well.

The Co-Authors will be determined by your animation skill. The best animator of the bunch will be selected to be co-authored. So if you're aiming for a spot, please take your time on your part and earn the right spot. There are 9-spots for Co-authoring -- So I apologize for whom don't get a nice spot. I'll announce the people whom get coed at a further date, when the collab is actually completed and files(parts) are finally turned in.

Every author will have a affiliated name which will link to their Newgrounds page, as their part is playing, so people can be directly brought to their artists page. I will most likely not have a BIOs section, due to the fact that it's not quite needed. I'll think about having one later on, if you guys strongly encourage or recommend one.

For anyone whom wants to affliate this thread and tell your friends about it, you can download the signature/view it from either the link here, or save it from my own signature. View here.

The starting date for this collab is AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. We want to get this thing off the road, as fast as we can. We don't quite want rushing, but we don't want people to wait either. Take your time, but know that your time is valued -- and if you wait til the last minute to complete your piece, than you'll fall behind to the back of the line.

The deadline date will most likely be late August, Early September. I don't quite people to slack at the moment, so we'll have that as an official date. It gives us about a month and a half to complete a piece. The set date at the moment is: August 30th.

This is right before Summer Break ends, so school won't be tied in with your work. But just keep note that I would like to see some progress and previews on your work. Please show some progress, so I won't loose faith in you kids.

To conclude this, just keep yourself on the ball, and take your time -- but work with patience and talent. I expect to see alot of good outcome from this collab. So let's have fun.

The Newgrounds Collab

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 00:01:50

By the way, The link to the forum signature is over 40K, so use this one instead.

Also, Send all your files via PM, or at my email: rudy@tsunami-productions.net

Thank you.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 00:04:42

eh, what the hell, I've got nothing better to do

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 00:08:50

To start off the fun, I call Fancy Pants as my Animation. So no one else can do Fancy Pants from Fancy Pants Adventures.

To whom who wants to animate, please pick a fad so I can add it to the below list:

NG-Series Animations:
1.) Fancy Pants Adventures - Rudy

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 00:11:07

I call clock crew work!

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 00:12:36

At 7/17/08 12:11 AM, Magical-Zorse wrote: I call clock crew work!

Before making this official, please show me some of your latest work. You may be taking a place from a pretty good artist. I don't want to make the official cut of the Clock Crew just yet. So please show me an example of your animation skills.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 00:13:43

I'll do Blockhead I 'spose.

:U

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 00:25:09

So I dont have any work because I just recently got a new computer set up but ive been using flash for a good 4 years now and I've been browsing the site from BEFORE the Tankmen days. (without a profile set up). So, I can have a preview up by sometime next week. Im gonna do the Brakenwood spoof, ok?

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 00:26:30

I want kegel =]

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 00:28:06

At 7/17/08 12:13 AM, Masterswordman wrote: I'll do Blockhead I 'spose.

You have been added to the list<3

At 7/17/08 12:25 AM, SergeantWeaver wrote: So I dont have any work because I just recently got a new computer set up but ive been using flash for a good 4 years now and I've been browsing the site from BEFORE the Tankmen days. (without a profile set up). So, I can have a preview up by sometime next week. Im gonna do the Brakenwood spoof, ok?

Before giving you the okay, I would really like to see a preview as soon as possible. Before getting served, I'd like to see a preview. I apologize for the inconvenience. I can not trust you by word, I'd like to see this to believe it. Thank you.

At 7/17/08 12:26 AM, patu1 wrote: I want kegel =]

Example of your work, please.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 00:58:58

Looks fun =] i asked for kegel..i don't have animation example but seeing that Kegel ain't really popular i think you should let me have it and decide if i get it or not later on after you will See preview of my part...are cock jokes allowed ?

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 01:04:03

At 7/17/08 12:58 AM, patu1 wrote: Looks fun =] i asked for kegel..i don't have animation example but seeing that Kegel ain't really popular i think you should let me have it and decide if i get it or not later on after you will See preview of my part...are cock jokes allowed ?

Well, before anything. I'm not going to let it go towards anyone. There could be an animator enjoying that series. So before giving you the okay, I really would like to see a preview. No exceptions. I'm sorry. :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 01:12:43

I have a lot of other stuff to do before I work on a part.
But, I would like to reserve a Tankmen spot.

If I can think of nothing witty enough to live up to the name of Tankmen, I will choose another series.
If it's allowed, I would like to choose Nameless as a back-up. You know, just in case I give up on Tankmen.

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 01:55:57

Actually. I've thought about it, and I can tell already that I'll be able to have more fun animating a Nameless tribute. So scratch Tankmen for me, let someone else give it a go.

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 01:57:01

At 7/17/08 01:12 AM, Goat-Man wrote: I have a lot of other stuff to do before I work on a part.

Yes, you've been added to the list. Any more takers?

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 02:39:25

At 7/17/08 12:25 AM, SergeantWeaver wrote: So I dont have any work because I just recently got a new computer set up but ive been using flash for a good 4 years now and I've been browsing the site from BEFORE the Tankmen days. (without a profile set up). So, I can have a preview up by sometime next week. Im gonna do the Brakenwood spoof, ok?
Before giving you the okay, I would really like to see a preview as soon as possible. Before getting served, I'd like to see a preview. I apologize for the inconvenience. I can not trust you by word, I'd like to see this to believe it. Thank you.

No problem at all, I do FBF work and im working on an "animated" story board right now. THAT MUCH should be done by next week.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 02:42:53

At 7/17/08 02:39 AM, SergeantWeaver wrote: No problem at all, I do FBF work and im working on an "animated" story board right now. THAT MUCH should be done by next week.

Alright, sweet. It seems as if you're new to the whole posting this to the site. That's really cool. Currently, Toasterdemon is working on a bit for Bitey as well. I'm sure you both will be accepted to take a part. Even though it's mostly first come, first serve -- it seems there will be room for some doubles of certain animation series -- just not TOO many. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 03:18:19

i think i should do tankmen!!!!

The Newgrounds Collab

Event Horizon Collab, Join Now!

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 03:36:58

I really think you should just let them join first and if their part is sh1t, just don't accept it.
I believe it would make people frustrated not being able to even try out.

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 03:42:33

At 7/17/08 03:36 AM, MeLucky wrote: I really think you should just let them join first and if their part is sh1t, just don't accept it.
I believe it would make people frustrated not being able to even try out.

Well, lets say I did do that. There will be various series being taken by maybe artists that AREN'T GOOD, which will cancel out the possibilities of the good artists covering those series. I just really want to get good artists involved -- So, providing a good example of your work, is necessary. It's not that bad. If you can animate good, than it'll be simple to just show me an example of your work.

Not a big deal, if you ask me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 04:04:01

I don't think it's a big deal if there are more animations of the same theme.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 04:12:41

At 7/17/08 04:04 AM, GustTheASGuy wrote: I don't think it's a big deal if there are more animations of the same theme.

We will allow the same theme at a further date. We just want other themes covered beforehand.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 04:18:26

ill do pico and a madness character in a big brawl ill send u a pm of my latest animation

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 04:23:32

Your sig colors were a bit bland and your compression sucks so I fixed that up k.

Image-helped by a programmer har har.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 04:28:13

At 7/17/08 04:23 AM, GustTheASGuy wrote: Your sig colors were a bit bland and your compression sucks so I fixed that up k.
Image-helped by a programmer har har.

I use photoshop and I blanded up the colors on purpose with a over-filter ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 05:25:24

can i join I'm not to sure what i will do for it

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 05:27:56

i mite do salad fingers

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 06:10:57

Has Tankmen been taken? I've previously done a Tankmen Flash and my BA is 3.4, so is there anything in it for me...only thing is that I only have flash 7..are Flash 7 files compatible with Flash 8?

GOTPENMUSTFLASH!

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 06:16:19

Sounds hot. But I don't know if you'll take me.

I have used flash for 6 years+ and I am a reasonably good artist to boot.
But I haven't been on NG a lot so I'll have to research some of the characters a bit.
I don't got anything left of my old work, so you'll just have to trust me until I can get to my other comptuer some time.

Can I come in? Or maybe have a spot reserved and you can see what you think of my piece?

Response to The Newgrounds Collab 2008-07-17 06:42:34

At 7/17/08 05:27 AM, evillouis wrote: i mite do salad fingers

Well, before anything, show me more of your recent work. The Resident Evil collab doesn't quite show much promising work.

At 7/17/08 06:10 AM, fish1892 wrote: Has Tankmen been taken? I've previously done a Tankmen Flash and my BA is 3.4, so is there anything in it for me...only thing is that I only have flash 7..are Flash 7 files compatible with Flash 8?

Tankmen hasn't been taken, but your Tankmen piece wasn't quite that good. So please provide a better example of your work. That lacked alot of good work.

At 7/17/08 06:16 AM, SwanLi wrote: Can I come in? Or maybe have a spot reserved and you can see what you think of my piece?

I'll let you in once I see some of your work. I'll trust you from your word, I just hope to see some work really soon. We'll see what comes from it though. Take your time, and show me some art or something. ;)

BBS Signature