00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Level Collab

84,702 Views | 1,507 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 17:49:48

At 7/7/08 05:40 PM, AAF wrote: 51lver - Really nice Background, could be really usefull for menu or just a normal bg.

thanks and that is what i thought when i was drawing it out so i decided i'd share it with you all and give you a link to the file.

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 17:58:12

At 7/7/08 03:28 PM, zrb wrote: Ok update, I'll make a few changes soon enough but this is it. Its a simple kickups game in which you go up levels while keeping it in the air.

Good, real good loader game. I like the idea and the result so far, just a few nit-picky comments:

I would just add a background
Change the font of the counter to something a little more interesting
Fudge with the physics because it seems to resist going side to side
Add a small sound effect for clicking on the ball
And how about this... adding an easter egg (another small animation/storyboard/commentary) for reaching 60?!

Just some ideas. This whole thing is coming out great, I'm psyched :D

We are all transitional beings, a consequence of the past and a cause for the future.

My Deviant art page is HERE

XBOX Live Gamertag: ape X ape

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 18:36:28

Well I geuss I lose the part for the menu I just got back from a party and am leaving again so I am sorry, I'll give you guys it theres know way I can work on it today...

Check out my Art Forum!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 18:43:53

If you extended that deadline til' tommorow ill probably get the menu done or nearly done, cuz my day is packed, and hopefully nothing comes upm tomorrow

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 19:04:00

this is the background i was talking about that i am using....i just though it would suit the collab and there is a space in the top right where we can put out names.... not saying anyone has to use it as it isn't my collab, i just thought it would look good for those that do =]

i like the idea of the space where to put the names, but i dont get where does the movie go?
and what do you put in the 'site news' space?

i think it would be nice for the menu, dont you think?

Viva Mexico Cabrones

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 19:16:21

At 7/7/08 06:43 PM, supery9 wrote: If you extended that deadline til' tommorow ill probably get the menu done or nearly done, cuz my day is packed, and hopefully nothing comes upm tomorrow

Look mate, just make the part. :)
I understand, so just make it a bit later...

But...
I will have to split the menu par.
Everybody who wants to give it a shot, may so ;)
The best one gets the spot, and their menu is going to be accepted.

Also, I like the mini-game idea.
We could make it on the preloader, so people won't have to wait so long.
(But erm, make sure the PLAY button is clear enough! :D)

51Lvler, good background, keep it up! ;)

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 19:23:18

Preview

Here it is, ill stop working on it and ill show you what I have done. The sound doesnt fit , it's just to give ya an idea. Also , the arm move is a bit sloppy , but I cant find a way to fix it ... This will only be for my first level ( the axe one ).

Ill accept any comments of any kind!

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-07 20:22:51

At 7/7/08 07:23 PM, AAF wrote: Preview

Here it is, ill stop working on it and ill show you what I have done. The sound doesnt fit , it's just to give ya an idea. Also , the arm move is a bit sloppy , but I cant find a way to fix it ... This will only be for my first level ( the axe one ).

Nice creepy vibe you made there :)
very kewl

We are all transitional beings, a consequence of the past and a cause for the future.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 01:13:24

At 7/7/08 07:23 PM, AAF wrote: Preview

I like! Really got a creepy feel from it.
Like you said, just fix the sound, the movement, and
add a little more to it, and it'll be perfect :D

Well i'm off to bed;
g'night collabers.

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 04:19:50

At 7/7/08 05:36 PM, zrb wrote:
Bertn
You are everywhere.

Yes I am, LOOK OUT! I'm behind ya! :D

Anyway, I'll make a huge post soon with comments on everyone parts so everyone can improve it. :3

Bertn

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 05:49:15

hi

i have quickly started a menu design:

Here

you can many suggestions but its up to zerobeam if he wants to use it, its only in early development

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 05:54:49

At 7/7/08 07:04 PM, WAaAzZAaA wrote: i like the idea of the space where to put the names, but i dont get where does the movie go?
and what do you put in the 'site news' space?

i think it would be nice for the menu, dont you think?

umm basically they fight over the top of it, it is simply a background...but yeh now i look at it it may look good for a menu, but i'm not doing the menu so not my choice

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 07:20:33

At 7/8/08 05:49 AM, funkycaveman wrote: hi

Here

you can many suggestions but its up to zerobeam if he wants to use it, its only in early development

Holy shit, mate, that's one kick-ass menu! :D
Since it's still in development, i'll give some tips:
Try to 're-make' the newgrounds buttons. I know this sounds hard, and I might probably help you with it, but it would be awesome!
That's about it, it's perfect, just the buttons.

I've had an idea for a loading bar:
Put all level icons after each other, from left to right. (level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,...)
Then make then slowly scroll from right to left. So when it's loaded, you'd see lvl 60! :)
The faster your connection, the faster they will scroll of course ;)

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 07:35:37

Any comment on my part Zerobeam?

I added some stuff to it , it should be really nice. ( not completed yet )

I've also started to think about my second animation, wich may be really different from this one. Ill let you know by PM.

Thanks, AAF.

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 12:18:36

At 7/8/08 05:49 AM, funkycaveman wrote: hi

Here

Arrg, it's alright.
I'll see if i can start one today that can compete with that.
Good work, mate.

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 12:26:39

hi
Here

daaaaaaamn. thats a niice menu! the font does look a little "boring" hehe, but great display of the buttons and stuff.

Viva Mexico Cabrones

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 13:00:36

Ok, so I'm about half way through my first animation, and it's already slightly over a Meg. All my audio is cut down to exactly what I need, and now I'm coming across I problem I've had with flash since I first began using it... the audio compression set in the publish settings goes for all clips and I don't know how to change it. I tried checking and unchecking "override sound settings", but it won't change. How do I make the compression different for each audio clip? I just wanna publish the clips with their individual compressions I set in their properties... so WTF?!

Also, should I just find a way to combine the two levels in 1 animation, or is it ok that I make another near 1M toon for my other level?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 13:57:24

the menu is only a start and seeing that i will not be only the only person making the menu other people can add and post their ideas, i will try to implement some of yours. yes the buttons are boring but they are just in a defult eurostyle font. i will post again when i have uploaded a new menu design, it should be a lot better! at least its funtional i spent ages trying to get the scrollbar and author bios working i think the core frame size is about 5 frames and it will stay like that, it wont add one when a new author is added, the author info is in a movie clip. thanks for comments

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 14:23:07

Well caveman you beat me lol mine was going to say NG levels collab and the bg was gunna be the sunbeams, but yours is great

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 14:42:34

oh ok thanks lol, anyway i like the idea of sunbeams tho' is it ok if i use it, if i decide to?

and also ZEROBEAM, what did you mean by redo the ng logo, draw by hand ?

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 14:46:38

Ya im pretty much out of this collab lol, you can use anything you like, cant wait to see it when its all done!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 15:12:39

At 7/8/08 02:42 PM, funkycaveman wrote: oh ok thanks lol, anyway i like the idea of sunbeams tho' is it ok if i use it, if i decide to?

and also ZEROBEAM, what did you mean by redo the ng logo, draw by hand ?

you can use the NG logo i drew by hand in my background, the file is on the link on the previous page if you want to use it, i re-drew it all by hand so that saves you the effort, unless you want to ;)

51lver

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 15:16:58

51LVER yea that would be great thanks...

no new menu update yet but i am working on the buttons and some more cool features

as for the promotional trailer i have drafted my idea on the same page as the menu

Here

i can send the .fla file to anyone who wants it, its just an idea?

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 15:36:10

I liked the trailer but isnt there 60 lvlvs not 50?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 16:01:21

I don't get it, where's the trailer?

Anyway, it's very nice, as I said, just make the buttons a bit better :)

Also, guys, remember to post previews! :D

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 16:14:32

Can anyone help me with the audio problem and other question that I talked about in my previous post?

Also, here is another preview, I haven't made alot of progress, but I'm moving along. BTW, I plan to add better backgrounds. LVL 25 so far

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 16:26:39

At 7/8/08 04:01 PM, Zerobeam wrote: I don't get it, where's the trailer?

Anyway, it's very nice, as I said, just make the buttons a bit better :)

Also, guys, remember to post previews! :D

the trailer is below the main menu design but it appears white to start with cos there is no preloader sorry, scroll down the page, white square

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 16:27:08

Every day I love you more and more :O

It looks awesome! ;)

Keep it up!

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 16:46:53

Part 26 Preview

anyone got anymore suggestions? and this is what i meant for the background in the actual movie

Response to The Ng Level Collab 2008-07-08 16:47:28

I think i'm pretty much finished;
hope you laugh :D
Clickey!
That's not me doing the voice acting;
i got the voice special thanks to DarkPsychoMonkey
He's willing to do voice parts for anybody, so,
if you need voice parts be sure to PM him.
(And remember: always be nice to your voice actors!)

Best of all, the file size is lower than 300kb. YAY :D
Things i should add/get rid of?
I love hearing feedback.
K-Guare

what

BBS Signature