00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NobeastcanDefeatme just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I guess it's about time i tell you

2,827 Views | 54 Replies

I'm deaf.

Not completely, but i have about 50% hearing missing in both ears. In the mid range.

I went to the ENT doctor today, for my regular examination, and my hearing is getting, a little bit better. But i still have the constant ringing (tinnitus). The major damage to my ears started when i was about 5. I had several ear infections within a few months, with basically fried my brains (cool, huh?). Over the course of the next few years, i basically lived without even knowing, that i couldn't hear certain things. My mom finally took me to the doctor to be examined, and i failed the hearing test, just like that....lol.

I'll explain quickly how my hearing works: There are three ranges of hearing, High pitch, Midrange, and Low pitch. My hearing is.

High: 100%
Mid: 50%
Low: 100%

Basically, i can hear things that are very high, and very low, perfectly. But mid range (the level of speaking) is damaged. Simply put, everything sounds quieter, and muffled, like being underwater.
I do have hearing aids, that i wear...occasionally. And by the time i'm about, 60, i will most likely be, 100% deaf, in all ranges. I've been keeping up with my medication, to reduce the level of ringing in my ears (Damn CD players.......)

So, that's all i really wanted to tell you all. Now you know a little bit more about me.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 22:42:35

HA thats funny karma hurts don't it, Elios enjoy it while your grand children try to tell you how there day went at school you back stabbing prick!

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 22:43:59

Who are you again?

Is marijuana addictive? Yes, in the sense that most of the really pleasant things in life are worth endlessly repeating.

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 22:44:14

Man, that sucks Elios. You're such a cool guy. :'(

NG's Useless One Liner-er (just kidding Evark, don't ban me :S)

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 22:45:22

I would really, really hate to be deaf. I have sympathy for you.

JaY11's sigs are awesome.

Epic thread.

FullArsenal, not BenjaminBigelow!

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 22:45:28

I'm not hearing it here lloyd.

Do That

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 22:47:01

At 6/9/08 10:43 PM, Seatbeltnazi wrote: Who are you again?

Nobody. Just keep moving, nothin' to see hear.

At 6/9/08 10:44 PM, Toasty4you wrote: Man, that sucks Elios. You're such a cool guy. :'(

it's not all that bad. I mean, i'm not THAT deaf, but is does cause some problems.

On the plus side, i can ignore people easily.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 22:47:05

Maybe that explains why ICP is your number one favorite band?

bro at me come

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 22:47:27

At 6/9/08 10:39 PM, Elios wrote: So, that's all i really wanted to tell you all. Now you know a little bit more about me.

Thanks for sharing and I hope your hearing gets better ^^

Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 22:51:00

At 6/9/08 10:44 PM, RacistBassist wrote: Learn ASL now

I took a course in college on American Sign Language, but the teacher sucked, and it was too hard. I'm not THAT deaf.....

However, i do know all the swear words in sign language.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 22:52:06

At 6/9/08 10:47 PM, Lagatag wrote: Maybe that explains why ICP is your number one favorite band?

A low blow at an man's preference in music?

I'm wagging my finger and shaking my head right now...

Tsk tsk tsk....

Bummer Elios, at least there are some bonuses to being slightly deaf, my brother is 100% deaf and he cant hear anything. I watched that kid go through life. A sad thing to see

I'm not your worst nightmare. I'm simply your -every- nightmare...

R.I.P LiveCorpse

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 22:53:35

thats ok man, shit i listen to loud music makes me wonder if i lost some hearing

Thanks to Adio,Dekuboy,Supercalifragalistic,C opperChaos,T-N-T, Riots,EvilerBowser1001, linkzero-x, clankster4,KIRBYLINK,EverReady2Kill ,Alfie, killerhatch, and Quistybetter

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 22:58:46

At 6/9/08 10:49 PM, Mavis-Bot wrote: Well, Scott Garrity, that sucks balls.

Yes, it does, odd user who knows my name, it does...

Also, not to be a walking advertisment, but if you do have ringing in your ears, i recommend talking with your doctor. Trust me on this, listening to a high pitch ring, for two years, sucks. Talk to your doctor about Lipo-Flavonoid. I just started taking this vitamin stuff, and so far, i'm noticing some results. Takes a while, but it's working.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 23:06:49

At 6/9/08 10:58 PM, Elios wrote:
At 6/9/08 10:49 PM, Mavis-Bot wrote: Well, Scott Garrity, that sucks balls.
Yes, it does, odd user who knows my name, it does...

Heh, I thought it was common knowledge.

By the way, you really should clear out some of your email.

wolf piss

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 23:08:11

At 6/9/08 10:58 PM, Elios wrote: Talk to your doctor about Lipo-Flavonoid. I just started taking this vitamin stuff, and so far, i'm noticing some results. Takes a while, but it's working.

Are you saying that there's a cure for tinnitus? Or does it just block part of your brain or something?

I ask this because I'm going to be depending upon my ears for my profession, and I'm scared about early extreme tinnitus/deafness and all that.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 23:08:32

you were talking about having to wear hearing aids, but I read it as "I have hearing AIDS."

Hey, maybe I'm blind, or. dsylexci

I hate Poozy.

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 23:10:44

At 6/9/08 11:06 PM, LordZeebmork wrote: By the way, you really should clear out some of your email.

Okay...Are you trying to impress me? Insult me? What?
I haven't used that account since august. I really don't care.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 23:12:37

At 6/9/08 11:10 PM, Elios wrote:
At 6/9/08 11:06 PM, LordZeebmork wrote: By the way, you really should clear out some of your email.

Heh, that explains a lot. That was the account that you had set as your email on your NG account when I hacked it.

wolf piss

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 23:13:33

sucks to be you!

What the

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 23:13:54

At least when someone tells you somthign you dont wanna hear well...You know where Im goin with this.

Karma is going to hunt me down for saying that.

I BREAK. I MAIM. I BURN. / Hentai /I'm the only one pretty boy on this BBS...BITCH./ The WORST flaming I've seen in a while.

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 23:14:36

Pardon?

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 23:17:00

At 6/9/08 11:12 PM, LordZeebmork wrote:
At 6/9/08 11:10 PM, Elios wrote:
Heh, that explains a lot. That was the account that you had set as your email on your NG account when I hacked it.

Man i have my differences with elios but your a fuckin idiot for telling half of NG, all the mods, oh yeah liljim saw this thread also, that you hack him you make me sick you prick!

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 23:19:04

At 6/9/08 11:08 PM, Rig wrote:
At 6/9/08 10:58 PM, Elios wrote: Talk to your doctor about Lipo-Flavonoid. I just started taking this vitamin stuff, and so far, i'm noticing some results. Takes a while, but it's working.
Are you saying that there's a cure for tinnitus? Or does it just block part of your brain or something?

I ask this because I'm going to be depending upon my ears for my profession, and I'm scared about early extreme tinnitus/deafness and all that.

Well, actually there is a cure for Tinnitus. All it takes is a healthy lifestyle, and limiting the amount of loud noises. The ringing in the ears is caused by the micro hairs in the ear trying to repair themselves. The louder, and longer you listening to a noise, the more damaged they are, and the longer it takes to repair. The vitimins i am taking now, increase blood flow to the damaged portions of my ears, increaseing the rate of healing, and reducing the level of ringing. This healing process, is going to take a LOOONG time. For me, i have to take 2 pills, 3 times a day, for 6 months, to get results.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 23:20:00

I'm sorry, that was a poor joke.

One of my friends was born completely deaf in one ear (one of the guys who was actually in the band I did the music with in my audio stuff). He's pretty sure that that's as a result of his Mum having Mumps or something when she was carrying him.

He's now expecting his first kid with his girlfriend and worrying that his kid is going to go through the same thing. I don't think that's going to happen, but I can see why it'd worry him....

The point I'm trying to make is that it's not stopped him from doing things that involve sound (he's an amazing guitar player), so don't let it stop you doing anything music related, either.

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 23:22:25

At 6/9/08 11:12 PM, LordZeebmork wrote: Heh, that explains a lot. That was the account that you had set as your email on your NG account when I hacked it.

PM me when you're done being a retard.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 23:23:20

At 6/9/08 11:22 PM, Elios wrote:
At 6/9/08 11:12 PM, LordZeebmork wrote: Heh, that explains a lot. That was the account that you had set as your email on your NG account when I hacked it.
PM me when you're done being a retard.

that dude on happens to be deaf too

What the

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 23:26:45

At 6/9/08 11:23 PM, omgdeletedmeow69 wrote: that dude on happens to be deaf too

No shit, really? Is that why they call him greased up deaf guy!?!

I gotta say bro, it's a pain in the ass talking with you on the phone. But, i do appreiciate your phone calls, even though you say "What?" alot.

Love you too.

Tee-hee!

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 23:27:44

At 6/9/08 11:19 PM, Elios wrote: Well, actually there is a cure for Tinnitus. All it takes is a healthy lifestyle, and limiting the amount of loud noises. The ringing in the ears is caused by the micro hairs in the ear trying to repair themselves. The louder, and longer you listening to a noise, the more damaged they are, and the longer it takes to repair. The vitimins i am taking now, increase blood flow to the damaged portions of my ears, increaseing the rate of healing, and reducing the level of ringing. This healing process, is going to take a LOOONG time. For me, i have to take 2 pills, 3 times a day, for 6 months, to get results.

You're kidding. I thought there was no cure for tinnitus, and that if you damaged your ears, they'll stay damaged forever.
Don't those hairs just shatter in your cochlea?
Hmmm...

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 23:28:55

At 6/9/08 11:26 PM, LittleJennaSweetie wrote:
No shit, really? Is that why they call him greased up deaf guy!?!

I gotta say bro, it's a pain in the ass talking with you on the phone. But, i do appreiciate your phone calls, even though you say "What?" alot.

Love you too.

Wait, Wait, Wait!!!!

You talk to this guy, maybe hes not such asshole as i thought, maybe he has the moves, maybe its because i don't really give a shit, oh well!

BBS Signature

Response to I guess it's about time i tell you 2008-06-09 23:29:17

At 6/9/08 11:26 PM, LittleJennaSweetie wrote:

Love you too.

uh, i think your talking to the wrong guy.

What the

BBS Signature