00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Etwig just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The "fl Core" Challenge

21,527 Views | 507 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 00:28:49

At 6/3/08 08:00 PM, MaestroRage wrote: awesome opportunity to get some electronica experience in. Alright i'm game. I hope I can find the time for this :(!!!

Souwnds good ^^
Hey, when are going to reply to meh PM?

Also, as people have said, its cool that you are delving into a new genre. Now doesn't that sound familiar...?

My Music | Me | F-777 | Kr1z | Audio Portal | For teh lulz ^^

BBS Signature

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 00:45:30

At 6/4/08 12:21 AM, Gloudas wrote: damn making this thing is hard. I'm trying to create a good piano sound and there really isn't anything even decent to work with in 303 or any of the packs really, anyone have any tips for how to make a good piano synth?

With some major tweaking, FL keys can sound pretty decent. Thats what I used for all of my songs until I got a real piano vst.

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 00:55:55

At 6/4/08 12:21 AM, Gloudas wrote: damn making this thing is hard. I'm trying to create a good piano sound and there really isn't anything even decent to work with in 303 or any of the packs really, anyone have any tips for how to make a good piano synth?

lol, I gave up on a piano and just went with bells ^^
Mabye you can prove to have more patience

BBS Signature

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 01:08:58

yeah fl keys is doing fine, I never knew it was there actually. It sucks by itself but with some reverb, chorus, and delay its truckin along. Thanks for the advice

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 01:39:59

Dude, if Corkscrew posts another one of his fag updates, I'mma get a mod and t3h banhammer his ass.

Maestro, nice to see you've joined. Me and you should get a monopoly going and collaborate on a submission together, haha.

BBS Signature

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 02:02:33

At 6/4/08 01:59 AM, DJ-Corkscrew wrote: I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP, SHEESH (SORRY MY caps lock key IS BROKEN!!!)!!

ANYWAYS, I WAS CONFUSED, ARE WE ALLOWED TO USE SYTRUS OR NOT? NO BODY HAS REALLY BEEN CLEAR ON THE RULES YET. ALSO, IF I WIN, DOES DJ NATE PAY FOR THE SHIPPING? ALSO, CAN WE HAVE MORE THAN ONE SUBMISSION?

??

Lol.

BBS Signature

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 02:52:34

At 6/4/08 02:12 AM, DJ-Corkscrew wrote: Why thank you nate <3

Dude, stop looking for attention from the famous people. Seriously, what are you...? 5 years old?

"Oh nate, pleeeeasee pay attention to me!"

...hehe, Kidding dude. Im just playin' witcha ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 03:37:14

At 6/3/08 08:00 PM, MaestroRage wrote: awesome opportunity to get some electronica experience in. Alright i'm game. I hope I can find the time for this :(!!!

Wee!!! Another big name. Eleven letters. Oooo. X3 Congratz on winning the tank award btw.

At 6/4/08 12:28 AM, Nintechno wrote: Hey, when are going to reply to meh PM?

After he won the tank award, I think anyone would've given up checking their PMs due the flood of congratz they get. Sorry to say, but I think that your PM is lost amongst the hundreds of PMs in his inbox.

At 6/4/08 01:59 AM, DJ-Corkscrew wrote: I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP, SHEESH (SORRY MY caps lock key IS BROKEN!!!)!!

ANYWAYS, I WAS CONFUSED, ARE WE ALLOWED TO USE SYTRUS OR NOT? NO BODY HAS REALLY BEEN CLEAR ON THE RULES YET. ALSO, IF I WIN, DOES DJ NATE PAY FOR THE SHIPPING? ALSO, CAN WE HAVE MORE THAN ONE SUBMISSION?

??

Nate WILL pay for the shipment costs, aren't ya Nate? You can have more than one submossion but, in the end, you must choose ONE main piece to enter. No, you're not allowed to use Sytrus.

At 6/4/08 02:52 AM, Nintechno wrote:
At 6/4/08 02:12 AM, DJ-Corkscrew wrote: Why thank you nate <3
Dude, stop looking for attention from the famous people. Seriously, what are you...? 5 years old?

"Oh nate, pleeeeasee pay attention to me!"

...hehe, Kidding dude. Im just playin' witcha ;)

Jealous much? Lolz, just kidding. :D

Achievement: +1 post count acquired!!!

STFU This sig is original ... Therefore another 1000 people have it.

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 04:18:46

At 6/4/08 03:37 AM, thefev wrote: After he won the tank award, I think anyone would've given up checking their PMs due the flood of congratz they get. Sorry to say, but I think that your PM is lost amongst the hundreds of PMs in his inbox.

1 - I sent it before he was named artist of the year
2 - He has told me that he would reply, considering it was a relativley important PM

I don't wana play favourites here, especially because I just posted against it, so Im just gonna say that im confident he will respond. Im just providing some verbal stimulation/provocation.

Also, congrats to BrixX and Cresentdolls on top 5 of the week placings ^^

BBS Signature

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 04:35:26

At 6/4/08 04:18 AM, Nintechno wrote:
At 6/4/08 03:37 AM, thefev wrote: After he won the tank award, I think anyone would've given up checking their PMs due the flood of congratz they get. Sorry to say, but I think that your PM is lost amongst the hundreds of PMs in his inbox.
1 - I sent it before he was named artist of the year
2 - He has told me that he would reply, considering it was a relativley important PM

I don't wana play favourites here, especially because I just posted against it, so Im just gonna say that im confident he will respond. Im just providing some verbal stimulation/provocation.

*Provoked* XD Well, I dunno why he hasn't replied. But A man who won artist of the year title must be pretty busy with his dedication to music.

And no-one's playing favourites here, we're all adults ffs (most are anyway - seriously cork, pls don't do a screwed up update#6).

So, how's everyone's work coming along? Less than a week to go now fellows. X3

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 05:03:16

...Im thinking about doing another song, but if people like my current entry, ill just use that.

BBS Signature

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 07:13:50

Oh No!!!! Now, i dont have a chance to win competition=( But it will be great, to hear another great song from you=)))

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 07:16:01

At 6/4/08 05:03 AM, Nintechno wrote: ...Im thinking about doing another song, but if people like my current entry, ill just use that.

Do as much, as you want))) If you`ve got ideas, then dont ask))) just do it))) It is always interestind to hear new tracks)

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 12:34:45

Ok what's going on here right ok don't feed the trolls and so on etc. etc. sweet ok nice carry on people.

Wakka wakka

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 13:13:08

At 6/4/08 12:34 PM, Rucklo wrote: Ok what's going on here right ok don't feed the trolls and so on etc. etc. sweet ok nice carry on people.

o hai rukclo lol r u gona joine teh contist? ur good

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 14:50:52

i never use FL but sownds liek fun, mebbe i do to.

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 19:18:31

FL keys annoyed me so I did this lol... Shh don't tell my secret.

The

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 19:29:57

At 6/4/08 02:50 PM, Cryoma wrote: i never use FL but sownds liek fun, mebbe i do to.

Sure, I'll add you to the list. You've only got 6 days to complete your song though!!!

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-04 23:52:38

At 6/4/08 07:29 PM, TMM43 wrote:
At 6/4/08 02:50 PM, Cryoma wrote: i never use FL but sownds liek fun, mebbe i do to.
Sure, I'll add you to the list. You've only got 6 days to complete your song though!!!

Meh pssh pfft mssh, takes half an hour tops.

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-05 00:01:27

At 6/4/08 11:52 PM, Cryoma wrote:
At 6/4/08 07:29 PM, TMM43 wrote:
Meh pssh pfft mssh, takes half an hour tops.

Yeah, for dodgy one. Lol, kidding. Others are probably struggling to finish this, let alone their usual 20+ programs used songs. Anyway, welcome aboard!!!

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-05 01:19:18

Thanks!
Installing FL now..

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-05 01:40:08

At 6/5/08 01:19 AM, Cryoma wrote: Thanks!
Installing FL now..

Hope you don't mean the demo version... Cuz you can't save in that. Rofl

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-05 01:43:11

At 6/5/08 01:40 AM, thefev wrote:
At 6/5/08 01:19 AM, Cryoma wrote: Thanks!
Installing FL now..
Hope you don't mean the demo version... Cuz you can't save in that. Rofl

So it seems, I can still export though so no big deal, or are we supposed to send the .fl or whatever file?

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-05 02:42:23

At 6/5/08 01:43 AM, Cryoma wrote: So it seems, I can still export though so no big deal, or are we supposed to send the .fl or whatever file?

I'm not sure if you have to send the FLP file to Nate or not, but you DO have to upload the song to Newgrounds' audio portal and the audio portal only (I think).

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-05 04:04:16

I think the winners are supposed to submit their .flp to verify that they didn't break the rules, but experienced FL users will probably be able to tell when someone is cheating anyway.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-05 04:18:39

so if i asked nicely would I be able to record myself saying something to use as a sound in the song? Technically it wouldn't be from fruity loops but it would just be my voice altered with teh FL core effects

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-05 05:17:00

That would be fine, Nintechno used that in his entry I believe also.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-05 06:12:01

At 6/5/08 05:17 AM, EchozAurora wrote: That would be fine, Nintechno used that in his entry I believe also.

Well at least one person listened to my entry! ^^
Yea, I did. But I used "Edison", which is an audio editing program/feature that comes with FL Producer, so it's legal...right?

Besides, recordings aren't going to give me an advantage over anyone, their just hawt ^^

BBS Signature

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-05 14:30:08

At 6/5/08 06:12 AM, Nintechno wrote: Well at least one person listened to my entry! ^^
Yea, I did. But I used "Edison", which is an audio editing program/feature that comes with FL Producer, so it's legal...right?

Besides, recordings aren't going to give me an advantage over anyone, their just hawt ^^

Using your hawtness to your advantage? Brilliant

Response to The "fl Core" Challenge 2008-06-05 16:44:54

Update #6:
Well, here's update #6. I think I've got everyone this time! xD
The time is growing closer and closer. Audio submissions MUST be in on June 10th at 12:59:59 PM. NO EXCEPTIONS!

FINAL SUBMISSION DATE: June 10th 2008

The Rules:
1.) The only VSTs, samples, and any audio related element must be prepackaged with FL Studio Producer Edition. This means NO Poizone or Sytrus. This also means no Vengeance Essential Club Sounds. Just straight up FL stuff (See list below)
2.) Song needs to be at least 1 and 1/2 to 2 minutes.
3.) User must upload to the AP, and nowhere else.
4.) User can upload multiple songs, but must chose ONE song to be voted upon.

1.)3xOsc........7.)Chrome.........13.)Fr uity Vibrator..19.)Directwave
2.)Sampler......8.)FPC............14.)Mi di Out.........20.)The Limiter
3.)BooBass......9.)WaveTraveller..15.)FL Slayer........21.)TS404
4.)Beepmap.....10.)Dashboardx.....16.)FL Keys..........22.)Edison (?)
5.)Plucked.....11.)Dashboard......17.)Gr anuliser
6.)Fruit Kick..12.)KB Controller..18.)Slicex

ALL samples MUST be included in the FL studio pack. Which means, only the dance, hip hop, real drumkits, vintage, and other samples that are tucked away in the included projects examples can be used.

nal1200
JebbaL
mrmilkcarton
blacknoise
joeynukes
alchemist94
sialys
nav
2nd-edition
SMA
Rig
cornandbeans
Nintechno
Kr1z
Danubius
Gloudas
koriigahn
Father-Of-Death
DJ-Corkscrew
FunkMasterCatKing
PikyOfBlake
Steve-Losteric
Cryoma

There are a LOT of competitors and not too many submissions. Get to making songs!!!

Just a 3xosc Tune
{Ethos}
-Adventure-
Flip-Flop
Missing Light
Chilling vol. 1
Groovy Drum and Bass?
We Are the Future
Descent of the blocks
[solitude]
The Hoover Loop
Aspyre
-=Self Destruct=-

________
Voters:

DJ-Nate
TMM43
Suspended-3rd-Chord
thefev
SBB
xKore
echozaurora

If worse comes to worse (which it may), competitors will be able to vote on their favorite song. NOT their own of course. :D

_______
Prizes:

In RANDOM order.

1.)Some Xbox Live cards
2.)Some .flps of DJ-Nate
3.)A quality 2.1 speaker system
4.)A web cam
5.)Some pubes
6.)A remix pack

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature