00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AMYHALFDEAD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pumpkin Carving!

11,369 Views | 40 Replies

Response to Pumpkin Carving! 2003-10-07 20:42:59

At 10/7/03 01:27 PM, WadeFulp wrote:

:...using a pattern I made of my face in photoshop...

howd you do that?

Response to Pumpkin Carving! 2003-10-07 20:51:41

At 10/7/03 08:42 PM, bulletproofdisaster wrote:
At 10/7/03 01:27 PM, WadeFulp wrote: ...using a pattern I made of my face in photoshop...
howd you do that?

Take a picture of yourself and scan it into photoshop. Then make it black and white and crank up the contrast. Then make it into a 2 color image if you can, white and black. Basically the highlights will be white, the shadows will be black. At this point I think I reversed the colors, making the highlights black, and printed it. I then taped the print out to the pumpkin and using a pin I poked holes all around the edges of the black areas. I then cut out the black areas from the pumpkin. When you light it up the holes let the light out which make the highlights of the face, and the rest stays dark.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Carving! 2003-10-07 21:09:59

Here is a rough example of what your end result of your pumpkin pattern should look like. It's the Bend pumpkin pattern! :) The problem is you have to make the pattern practical to cut out. If you tried to cut this patter out you'd probably run into trouble with the eyes, nose, and mouth areas being to thin and whatever little bit of pumpkin that would be left dangling there might not hold the right shape, or might quickly rot away. :) I had to draw in some lines to connect parts of the face that weren't connected.

Pumpkin Carving!

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Carving! 2003-10-07 22:42:26

in the latest MAD magazine i got it had a SPY vs SPY jack o lantern stencil
if i celebrated halloween i might make one, its a pretty good pattern

Response to Pumpkin Carving! 2003-10-07 22:51:42

Wade when are you posting my E-card???

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Carving! 2003-10-07 22:53:14

Every year, we go pumpkin picking in the feilds. Last year, I grabed a pretty big one. Too bad, this year they aren't harvesting anymore pumpkins. Maybe ill just buy one...

Response to Pumpkin Carving! 2003-10-07 22:54:37

At 10/7/03 01:50 PM, JACK-O-LANTERN wrote:

Anyway my favorite Halloween candy has to be those candy corns, I can eat those until I vom.

What are you a moron those are the worst halloween candys ever. The life savers suckers are the best.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Carving! 2003-10-07 22:55:09

At 10/7/03 01:28 PM, Soonasu wrote: I wan't candy! :D

Hey!
i want candy too :D

Response to Pumpkin Carving! 2003-10-08 00:11:30

I carved a pumpkin tonight. I used one of those pattern things though. Some of them are pretty cool. Maybe i'll make another one but make a drawing of my own to do.

I could surely die

If I only had some pie

Club-a-Club Club, son

BBS Signature

Response to Pumpkin Carving! 2003-10-08 01:24:27

Nice job there, Wade. Can't wait to see the Bedn-O-Lantern.
Whoever made the goatse pumpkin needs to be locked up. Posting that crap is one thing, decorating your front porch with it is another.
But it did make me laugh.

Response to Pumpkin Carving! 2003-10-08 14:30:19

US $25 to whoever CARVES a pumpkin with Bend stealing candy from the store. I'm SERIOUS.