00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

vestik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Realtek HD recording problem

1,228 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Realtek HD recording problem 2008-05-03 10:38:16

So i am trying to record by directly plugging my guitar directly on the sound card.
I use audacity for this recording. And i choose 2 channel Stereo recording from Audacity/preferences.

And here is the problem : It will only record sound from 1 channel , and the other channel will be empty , or will have noise. The problem does not lie in my guitar or the cable , because i tried the same thing with my older computer with an older soundcard and it worked .

What seems to be the problem here?

Best band ever, click it.

BBS Signature

Response to Realtek HD recording problem 2008-05-03 12:03:41

Try finding a mono recording option instead of stereo recording. You are only recording a mono source.

Response to Realtek HD recording problem 2008-05-03 12:20:25

But i don't want to record mono , i want to record stereo

BBS Signature

Response to Realtek HD recording problem 2008-05-03 12:25:08

At 5/3/08 12:20 PM, CyprusX wrote: But i don't want to record mono , i want to record stereo

If you record mono you will hear it in both speakers but if you choose stero it will only record in 1 channel unless you have a left and a right cable for your guitar or something... if that makes any sence.

Check out my newest song HERE!

BBS Signature

Response to Realtek HD recording problem 2008-05-03 12:48:15

It does not , since it's right and left into 1 cable.

BBS Signature

Response to Realtek HD recording problem 2008-05-03 12:55:00

It records mono , but like i said i want to record stereo ,

Sorry if i am being rude , but do you guys even read what i say?

BBS Signature

Response to Realtek HD recording problem 2008-05-03 13:18:53

Unless you are recording from a stereo effects source, there is no reason to record the guitar in stereo.

Response to Realtek HD recording problem 2008-05-03 13:33:15

At 5/3/08 10:38 AM, CyprusX wrote: What seems to be the problem here?

How many black rings do you see near the tip of the guitar's cable? One or two?
Chances are, there is only one, if it is a regular guitar patch cord. This means the output is mono. Case closed.

If you want stereo guitar in your tracks, you either double 1 guitar track, or you record the same thing twice.

Response to Realtek HD recording problem 2008-05-03 16:54:28

your not going to like this but you have no choice to record in mono. like one person said, in mono, you will hear the sound in both speakers. your microphone/line input is ONLY monaural. there is no way you can record stereo. its just something you are going to have to deal with unfortunately

Response to Realtek HD recording problem 2008-05-03 17:35:05

most sound cards and programs records mono inputs as stereo automaticly. besides, consider getting a Creative Audigy SE sound card anyways, Realteks quality isnt all that great. how do i know, my pc has the card built in.

Response to Realtek HD recording problem 2008-05-04 04:37:06

At 5/3/08 05:35 PM, hellsmaw18 wrote: most sound cards and programs records mono inputs as stereo automaticly. besides, consider getting a Creative Audigy SE sound card anyways, Realteks quality isnt all that great. how do i know, my pc has the card built in.

Yeah , i've read about the Audigy cards , Realtek sucks , and the tend to malfunction after some time.

BBS Signature