00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ykj03 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

GTA 4 collab

27,058 Views | 259 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-06 02:41:10

i'm a maybe, quite a good maybe though, it's just that if i do this i will be doing 2 collabs at once, as well as my final exams :S but sure, i'll give it a go.

Bringing you the best entertainment since sliced lead

BBS Signature

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-06 09:45:05

omg...I have to pull out....soz...I have to make a school project an all this other shit....Soz

Hope this collab survives.
Good luck assasinrabbit

: Nothing

BBS Signature

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-06 11:24:46

krinkles ur a dick, I no longer respect you, seriously the whole fucking web is trying NOT to find any spoilers since this game actually has fun story. dude seriously, ur an asshole

JOIN THE GTA COLLAB, A TON OF FREE SPACES!!!

BBS Signature

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-06 12:14:16

At 5/6/08 11:24 AM, assasinrabbit wrote: krinkles ur a dick, I no longer respect you, seriously the whole fucking web is trying NOT to find any spoilers since this game actually has fun story. dude seriously, ur an asshole

I agree...

So assasin, like I said earlier, I have assignments still to do for university over the next few weeks, but in my free time I'll be putting a lot of effort into my part and the menu. I'm looking forward to this being done! :)

I had a slight brainstorm, however...

What do you think about possibly making this less of a GTA IV *only* collab, and making it more of a tribute to the awesomeness that is IV, and allowing parts based on any GTA game? Just a little idea that popped into my head, though the original idea is perfectly great! :)

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-06 13:12:17

Do you have any spots left? I would like to join.

Test for echo

BBS Signature

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-06 15:31:03

nice idea, but do i have to make a new sig for it? :S lol. I am also very busy with school and final exams, but, as previously mensioned, i don't want to let anyone down so i will try and stick at it when i have done the portal collab (which anyone is free to join btw) whoops, accidental advertising there :3

At 5/6/08 12:55 PM, StickyWicky wrote:
At 5/6/08 12:14 PM, Greensinge wrote: I had a slight brainstorm, however...

What do you think about possibly making this less of a GTA IV *only* collab, and making it more of a tribute to the awesomeness that is IV, and allowing parts based on any GTA game? Just a little idea that popped into my head, though the original idea is perfectly great! :)
That's a point, you don't want to limit the collab. You don't want to turn a parody into a tribute really, they usually suck unless planned out really well, and GTA IV isn't that amazing. I think it's a better idea to do all of them, you can get so much more lulz out of it, especially from the older ones. The whole point of a parody (usually) is to point out flaws and make fun of them, right? So go for all the games, not just IV.

Bringing you the best entertainment since sliced lead

BBS Signature

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-06 15:46:30

At 5/6/08 12:55 PM, StickyWicky wrote:
You don't want to turn a parody into a tribute really, they usually suck unless planned out really well, and GTA IV isn't that amazing. I think it's a better idea to do all of them, you can get so much more lulz out of it, especially from the older ones. The whole point of a parody (usually) is to point out flaws and make fun of them, right? So go for all the games, not just IV.

What I meant by tribute was just in a sense recognizing the awesomeness of the series, using the release of GTA IV as a sort of catalyst for it, but yes, everything still being a parody, though I wouldn't see the problem with one or two serious(ish) parts, as long as they were very cool.

Anyway assasin, what's your opinion on this discussion?

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-07 10:57:03

heh, yall got good ideas
all right, good idea, but I dunno, I will allow other GTA parodies and all but I would prefer to make it IV cuz its... I duno I like the mood and I dont really feel like bringin cj into this, but sure.
peer pressure
peer pressure
peer pressure
peer pressure
peer pressure
peer pressure
peer pressure
peer pressurepeer pressure
peer pressurepeer pressure eeeeeeeee
peer pressurepeer pressurepeer pressurepeer pressure r
peer pressurepeer pressurepeer pressurepeer pressure u
peer pressurepeer pressurepeer pressurepeer pressure s
peer pressurepeer pressurepeer pressurepeer pressure e
peer pressurepeer pressurepeer pressurepeer pressure p
peer pressurepeer pressure pppppppppp
peer pressure
peer pressure
peer pressure
peer pressure
peer pressure
peer pressure
peer pressure

peer pressure decreses teh size of your e-penis

BBS Signature

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-07 10:59:57

god damn it I had a whole peer pressure e-penis made and the stupid forum editor thingy messed it up... now it looks like somone cut it in half lol

anyways u get the idea, I dont know I would prefer IV entries but, meh if u can make it funny, if you can make it not gay, if u can make it good

... tehn knock ya self out
and then start workin on an non related IV piece

but I prefer IV

BBS Signature

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-07 13:20:01

hey guys, sorry for tripple postin but I will be makin comercials or recruitment videos for the collab, right now I am sketching some ideas up, if anyone wants to help then please do make one :D it increases ur idea of getting cod and makes this collab more popular

BBS Signature

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-07 13:37:31

it only 5 parts? is there any place left? if so i'm in!

If you see this, this topic must've been bumped!

BBS Signature

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-07 18:47:57

At 5/7/08 01:37 PM, YK-Blaze wrote: it only 5 parts? is there any place left? if so i'm in!

It's not only 5 parts, no. I think it was just an example of how the parts will work or something.

:)

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-07 23:16:07

Yeah i'll try if there's enough parts, and assassin rabbit, i was reading and i would like to take you up on that offer to draw a car, because the part i'm thinking of relies heavily on a vehicle, and i can't draw cars for shit. And does it have to be something you can actually do in the game, cause i want to have Niko sitting outside Michelles house just bitching and moaning because shes taking so long, then she comes out and looks horrible, and he just runs away.

Hey yo

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-08 11:06:13

hahahahaha lol ur part is funny
ugh people I am extremly sick, I seriously cant talk at all, I think I got some kind of infection (no not an std) in my neck... uuuuuuuuuurgh, il stard drawin and shit soon... just gotta get bettrer

BBS Signature

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-08 16:32:51

At 5/8/08 11:06 AM, assasinrabbit wrote: hahahahaha lol ur part is funny
ugh people I am extremly sick, I seriously cant talk at all, I think I got some kind of infection (no not an std) in my neck... uuuuuuuuuurgh, il stard drawin and shit soon... just gotta get bettrer

Well first, i'm pretty sure stds don't affect your neck lol. But it's cool, start whenever.

Hey yo

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-08 20:08:34

I have a top down gta game I worked on for 2 nights that might help you guys or atleast give you a little inspiration. I need a site to upload it to though, swfup isn't working and I don't want to install a toolbar to use image shack.

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-08 20:11:26

If anyone needs a good voice actor, I can do some pretty convincing russian (Bosnian) accents. Give me a shout... give me a few lines... I'll show you what i got.

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-08 20:56:38

At 5/8/08 08:11 PM, MilkMan-Dan wrote: If anyone needs a good voice actor, I can do some pretty convincing russian (Bosnian) accents. Give me a shout... give me a few lines... I'll show you what i got.

I could use that, gimme a couple days to write the script and I'll send it to you.

Hey yo

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-09 03:26:15

hmmm... maybe a new developed std like in some lame ass japanese movie which makes ur penis turn into a zombie.... I aint makin sence....

I am a tad delirious from the infection, It feels just like the flu but I dont get a fever, I dont cough I am just extremly tired and my neck is a big pain in the ass, all right I will be workin on the comercial/my part

it involves stealing a truck... and ice cream

see yall later

P.S anyone got any idea how to get rid of a horribly sore throat?
So far I tried strepsils and tea non of em helped :(

BBS Signature

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-09 03:41:42

I wanna join. But umm...I've never played a GTA4 game but I have played other GTA gasmes like San ANdreas. Can I still join?

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-09 04:31:22

ooooooooof course

BBS Signature

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-09 07:06:13

Hey guys

I might join you, tho i dont really have any ideas yet. Working on a collab like this reminds me of the old days, and the old days remind me of fun.

DOUBLE POST! BAM! I thought that was fixed.

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-09 07:26:46

At 5/9/08 04:31 AM, assasinrabbit wrote: ooooooooof course

Jaaayah!
How long should the parts approx. go for?

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-09 08:50:21

awsome :D
hmmm
depends if you wanna make it a minute sure if u wanna make it 10 seconds and make it funny then sure
if you can make it 5 minutes not get it anoying and have it funny then sure

BBS Signature

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-09 11:15:13

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/090508/7 2877_GTA_comercial_1.php
meh... I dunno I tried drawin an ice cream truck but kinda messed up, I think I am going to redraw it... hmmm... what do you guys think?

BBS Signature

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-09 13:34:08

its very coool dawg :D lol wheels could be better tho

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-09 14:55:41

yeah, I didnt really like the whole concept and I couldnt find any pictures of ice cream trucks from GTAIV, so I just redid the whole thing and went with the good old Vice city ice cream trucks... mr whopee

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/090508/8 6130_GTA_comercial_1.php
this is what I got so far, better eh?

BBS Signature

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-09 14:58:28

shite sorry didnt update the swf. on this one I was just messin around
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/090508/8 6216_GTA_comercial_1.php this is what I got so far ^^ you can see the begining sketches of nico, the front of the ice cream truck and the side of the ice cream truck
I could use some help though I need a loopin highway background, u know like a high speed chase kinda back ground somethin that is blurred and repeats over and over

BBS Signature

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-09 21:47:09

hmmm...are these your parts for the collab?

Response to GTA 4 collab 2008-05-10 00:22:06

ummm... no this is my concept art lol
but yes some of these things will be used in da collab
people I need updates from yall

also, I can see that some of you are begginers in flash, work hard, and when someone tells you to fix something, do it. revise revise revise, collabs are an amazing way to learn. check out my first collab lol, it tought me a shitload about animations and how I could make em better, then I got a little better and then... well I am here and I aint that good still lol
please do comment on my concept art, how I can improve it and all that crap

I really do apreciate comments which help me make the animation better so please dont suger coat and give me a list of things to do better

BBS Signature