00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ThomasBlack0001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Music Project Files

912 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Music Project Files 2008-04-05 06:51:01

If you've been paying attention to my news posts/signature, you'll notice a little thing.

It's small, orange, and is ".rns". Linking to a mediafire file.

What is it, you ask? I'm glad you asked. I'll tell you.

I've decided to start releasing the project files for my songs (well, for most of the newer ones, anyways). Note that these are .rns, not .rps. What does this subtle difference mean for you?

It means that you can edit, adjust, betterify, anything, whatever to the song.

It's also a useful resource for starting musicians to see how someone else does it- I mean, one project file from a friend of mine helped me a lot with the inspiration for Tangerine Dreams :D

I intend to also make a few other, older songs available in .rns format, for example "Virtuoso" will be available soon.

I am doing this because I have ABSOLUTELY NO INTENTION (repeat, absolutely NONE) of making money off of my music. I do it because I love it, and for other people to enjoy. I have a job, I don't need the inflow from being a professional. And if you want to steal my songs, and just change up a few things, and post it on another website? I am not going to stop you. Merely credit me.

I ask for other musicians to join me on making project files available- making music for the betterment of new people.

You can read about it on my news post here, get the .rns for Fateful Night here, and get the .rns for She here.

Enjoy.

Response to Music Project Files 2008-04-05 11:28:14

It's a good idea, it's interesting to see how other people do things and see there techniques, I would do the same, but meh I have no portal submissions yet :D

Response to Music Project Files 2008-04-05 16:37:40

.rns is a Reason project file, I really doubt you'd ever be able to open it in FL :p

Response to Music Project Files 2008-04-05 16:43:55

I was going to do something like myself! Glad to be a part! Since I won't be able to share much knowledge by using VST's, most of the files I share will have the soundfonts I used packed with them. So soundfonts + knowledge + death threat put into song!!!! Release some midi's as well in case people don't have FL.

ftw?

Good work though Souless, count me in.

Response to Music Project Files 2008-04-05 16:44:55

At 4/5/08 04:43 PM, MaestroRage wrote: I was going to do something like myself! Glad to be a part! Since I won't be able to share much knowledge by using VST's, most of the files I share will have the soundfonts I used packed with them. So soundfonts + knowledge + death threat put into song!!!! Release some midi's as well in case people don't have FL.

ftw?

Good work though Souless, count me in.

Totally can't believe I didn't think of releasing midis.

Will do, cap'n. :D

Response to Music Project Files 2008-04-05 16:49:05

And here's some midi awesome for everyone without Reason.

She.mid
fatefulnight.mid

Response to Music Project Files 2008-04-05 18:27:49

At 4/5/08 04:49 PM, SolusLunes wrote: And here's some midi awesome for everyone without Reason.

She.mid
fatefulnight.mid

I was just about to say, release some MIDIs for us "un-Reason-able" people