00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I got down voted bad. Help me.

1,167 Views | 18 Replies

I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 11:25:40

What's up all of you. I need your help. The song is called "Devastation's Revenge" Early early this morning(2:00) I submitted a song and it imeadiatly surpassed the 1st song. After a little while I ended up in 2nd which wasn't bad. I was just happy my song was so good for a first try. Well some song popped up and I listened to it. It was OK but the begining sucked so I gave it a 4. I guess this guy thought someone was downvoting him so he was pissed. I don'l know why. Don't think he went very far down the list. With a good review and download after just 10min I dissapear off of the list. I'm now on page 5 or 6.
Please help my get my score back to normal. Thank you all for your time.
"Devastaion's Revenge-Maniac" by Tx-Maniac-xT

Response to I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 11:30:28

it sounds good but i think that it could be atleast a 3.2

Web Hosting: Free! Premium!

BBS Signature

Response to I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 11:32:48

I'm starting to get annoyed =(

Response to I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 11:33:17

At 4/4/08 11:30 AM, adam2510 wrote: it sounds good but i think that it could be atleast a 3.2

Oh well-still better than a 2.48 or what ever it was. Thankx man.

Response to I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 11:57:13

all my songs are completely zeroed, some of my songs do not deserve a 0.xx but i don't make a thread about it and no1 helps me with that..

meh.

Speed Beast 2 ! <-- If you have a listen..leave a review.

PFTBD's AUDIO

BBS Signature

Response to I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 12:05:03

I 5'ed it to help you out, but I don't think it deserves a ton more than it has at the moment (3 point something). I think the best thing is to just rate it up yourself each day if the song has dipped insanely low, then if your song is actually really good, it will slowly but surely go up, and if your song is actually bad, it will quickly drop again. In the end, despite the zero-bombing, you have to let the audience decide on your music. To be honest, I think the song I just 5'd for you doesn't deserve a 5, but otherwise it might never get a chance to be taken seriously. I'm warning you, however, this song seems like it might not last on even the whole first page.

Response to I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 13:23:09

You got a very high rating. I didn't vote but if I did, you'd get a 2 from me. I'd give you a constructive review to point out what's wrong, though.

Even if you deserved a 5, this is not a civilised place. Most of the people in NG, audio portal included, are 13. They're obnoxious. They're not willing to give somebody else attention, they want it all to themselves. Look for some other community if you want fair play.

Me, I'm uploading just in case somebody wants to use my music in flash cartoons. I'm not very passionate about my old music. While I encourage reviews, and prefer high to low scores, I don't get angry if I get 0.xx scores and no reviews. Instead, I'll be happy if I get good scores and reviews. I think that's the right mindset for this website. If you're not that detached, choose friendlier, more mature communities. You'll get a nervous breakdown if you come to NG looking for praise or constructive criticism.

Response to I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 13:36:32

I gave you a zero, just because you made this shitty thread.

Response to I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 13:38:56

Forgot to add the link:

You advertise your music here

And you don't ask for people to give you 5's, people will give you what they think you should deserve on the most part, that's how it's supposed to be. Don't complain about the zero bombers, just review some other people to get more attention to it, and if you song is good enough, you'll have enough decent scores to get it back up.

Response to I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 14:20:36

How about:

Make better music, advertise your music, get out there on this site, and more people will vote positively on your music and you won't have to whine and complain like this on the forum.

Earn your score.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 14:35:31

At 4/4/08 02:20 PM, ZENON wrote: How about:

Make better music, advertise your music, get out there on this site, and more people will vote positively on your music and you won't have to whine and complain like this on the forum.

Earn your score.

Direct hit....harsh words

SERVING THE CAUSE

BBS Signature

Response to I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 14:47:17

BTW, just because your song is on the top of the list when you first put it on and 5 it doesnt mean its great... The score means nothing when it comes to how good the song actually is... Great songs can have 3.4's while terrible songs can have 4.5's

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 14:55:13

At 4/4/08 02:47 PM, Envy wrote: BTW, just because your song is on the top of the list when you first put it on and 5 it doesnt mean its great... The score means nothing when it comes to how good the song actually is... Great songs can have 3.4's while terrible songs can have 4.5's

well yeah that might be the case....but lol one thing i learned is not to upload anything on tuesdays....^_^

we can even have a good song but the competition on that day is high..and it could be voted down....so there´s my hint.....

SERVING THE CAUSE

BBS Signature

Response to I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 15:00:06

Zero-bombs are dropped quite often here on Newgrounds.

If you're good enough your score will take care of itself...

I hate these threads =(

BBS Signature

Response to I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 15:10:37

Welcome to the NG-Audio Portal. *sigh*

Response to I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 15:24:13

At 4/4/08 01:36 PM, x-Exodus-X wrote: I gave you a zero, just because you made this shitty thread.

You, my friend, are part of the problem.

To original poster: See what we're all talking about? Zero-bombers exist everywhere, and give zeros for stupid reasons. We all live with it, and many are lobbying to have some changes to the rating system to curb this kind of zero-bombing stupidity.

BTW, if your song hits the top early, it's because every vote in the beginning is worth a lot more. Your score is averaged between votes, so if your first vote is a 5, then you will have a perfect 5 and be above everything else. As soon as it's rated say, a 4, the numbers are averaged and you have 4.50. The more ratings, the less each individual rating is worth. So it's easy to get on top early, but to stay there later is the tough part.

Response to I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 15:29:35

At 4/4/08 02:20 PM, ZENON wrote: How about:

Earn your score.

yea dude. not to sound like a douche bag or anything, but that song isnt very good...at all. Zenons right. the voting system wasnt put in place so everyone would get 5'd all the time. the voting system was put in place so people could accurately judge the quality of the song. in time your music will get better and the scores will go up accordingly.

Response to I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 15:40:21

At 4/4/08 03:00 PM, kelwynshade wrote: Zero-bombs are dropped quite often here on Newgrounds.

If you're good enough your score will take care of itself...

I hate these threads =(

well you might be right...but most of the cases the track must be almost perfect to achieve it

SERVING THE CAUSE

BBS Signature

Response to I got down voted bad. Help me. 2008-04-04 16:03:13

"Zero bombers" happen.. You've got to accept that, and try to move on. I understand the frustration, and if there were something that could be done about it, we would. Life goes on ;)

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature