00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MiyuTheSceneGirl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Online Radio Q. (wild, Huh? Xd)

879 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Online Radio Q. (wild, Huh? Xd) 2008-04-01 19:02:44

Anyhow. I have SAMBC 4.2.2, my own streaming server and everything (Friend's hosting it) and whatnot. Fluent on streaming, yadda-yadda.

Anyhow, my question is:
What program would I use to embed into a webpage to pick up on my station to stream to others, without having to use anything besides their web-browser. And if you know what program, mind showin' me how to use it? Because I doubt Flash can do it, and I'm at quite a loss, hehe. Let it be known that I'm NOT wanting to upload music to a database and have it be read from there and whatnot... I want to be able to DJ from SAMBC, such as one would do in Second Life, for example.

Any help would be appreciated, hehe, thanks ahead of time ^-^

BBS Signature

Response to Online Radio Q. (wild, Huh? Xd) 2008-04-02 00:34:57

No clue. The geeks over in Programming would probably be able to help you though :D

Response to Online Radio Q. (wild, Huh? Xd) 2008-04-05 23:02:31

Lawl, thanks, haha. I actually found one that did work, and for future reference they can use this PHP script, changing what is needed.

<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {
background-color: #8A8A8A;
background-image: url();
}
-->
</style>
<p align="center">&nbsp;</p>
<p align="center">
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://nativeradio.sodah.de/swfobje ct.js"></script>
</p>
<div id="flashcontent">
<div align="center">3.
</div>
<p align="center">Sorry this site is based on flash shoutcast radio and needs adobe flash 8+ support. <br />
Download Flash here.</p></div>
<div align="center"> </div>
<script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[
var so = new SWFObject("http://nativeradio.sodah.de/n ativeradio.swf", "nativeradio", "1230", "105", "8", "#000000");
so.addVariable("swfcolor", "b89e7a");
so.addVariable("swfexclusive", "1");
so.addVariable("swfstreamurl", "Your stream IP Here");
so.addVariable("swfpause", "1");
so.write("flashcontent");
// ]]>
</script>

Issue resolved, and perhaps this could be in use somewhere, it definitely took me hours upon hours to stumble across... And I know it's a widely used question. * hint * hint *

Anyhow, if a mod would lock or let this thing die, either one, haha.

BBS Signature

Response to Online Radio Q. (wild, Huh? Xd) 2008-04-06 00:22:50

having THROWN myself into this business like a lunatic the past couple days, I think I can be of SOME assistance.

So primarily what you want is to be live stream broadcasting right? ie, you talk into a mic, play what you want, the full radio treatment?

There are a few ways you can do this.

You can use something like icecast/BroadWave/Broadcasting-software.
com, since you don't want to stream songs from a server you're going to want to use something like BroadWave

www.Broadcasting-software.com has an interesting free program which needs just 2 things. Your song files, and some FTP space on a webserver, which your friend can provide. You arn't streaming any FROM to server, more TO the server. The concept behind this program is that it uploads about 5mb's worth of data to the server, and the ISP provider amplifies the stream to all the people who connect.

This way you can connect up to 500 people on a regular broadband connection! However many hosting companies that have shared hosting don't like this, and even forbid it as it puts a somewhat heavy strain on their servers.

This tool also comes with a "tuner" program which users can download if you want to also stream pictures with your broadcast. If not, they can connect through a standard .asx file generated by the program to connect to your stream.

BroadWave on the other hand is your run of the mill broadcasting tool. It's a very powerful tool in the functions it lets you do, more suited towards hardware oriented broadcasting to be honest. Has some mad features that can handle a lot of hardware setups.

Icecast, didn't look too deeply into it, but I hear good things :/

No flash player, what-so-ever