00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

ICP vs. Eminem?

4,791 Views | 60 Replies

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:59:43

At 3/22/08 01:57 AM, Wassano wrote:
At 3/22/08 01:54 AM, Reapertonn wrote: Rap-the modern day bullshit.Who cares about some white rapper and some other idiots?
have you seen kids these days? It's like they were listening to rap from the womb bro, can't avoid it

Millions listen to Modern bullshit

Oh I have,my school is full of them.Most people are just ''rap is so cool'',''I'm a gangsta,don't ya bullshit me'' and other crap like that.

fucking retards...

Credit for my sig goes to Torkelson. +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++Link in my sig goes to Earfetish's website,which has the best stories ever.

BBS Signature

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 02:00:36

i hate rap

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 02:01:46

At 3/22/08 01:45 AM, BigLundi wrote:
At 3/22/08 01:26 AM, JohnLithium wrote:
Ah, generalizations: the comfort of assertive statements without the burden of backing it up or supplying contextual evidence.
Isn't that what everyone does? It's the only way to make fun of another group of music or to try and make it look stupid. I'm not agreeing with it, what I did there was just say all the things I hear. As a matter of fact, I listen to ALL those genres and THOROUGHLY enjoy them. I will explain WHY I wrote it in the next rebuttal, look down furthur...

So, of course I can disagree with one and not the other.
No you cannot. If you disagree with one generalization but agree with the others, you are a hypocrite, and by the laws of dicks and douchebags, hypocrites are always wrong. This is the reason I wrote that, because you can't not like one group of music just because you've heard some of its music and feel ALL the music in that genre is just gonna be the same thing, that's just prickish.

Then of course there is music without lyrics...
Dance music, I said I missed some.

But, I digress. Of course, there will be varying levels of exposure to musicians and musical acts, I was merely pointing out that both Eminem and ICP share many of the traits I had previously mentioned, and that they only variated slightly in each phenomenon.
Oooh, look who can use a few big words. Course, neither are a phenomenon(Unexplainable scenarios that confound the mind), they are INSTANCES more...shame on you and a C- in English, study harder. Oh, and they are MUCH different actually, if you took the time to think about it, but you don't care about being fair, so oh well.

Of course, there are plenty of bands which expand beyond the themes which you mentioned above, but then again, when most people cannot comprehend rock beyond Nickelback or rap beyond Eminem or 50 Cent, then you really can't blame them when they claim that music (in their terminology, the 'major music industry') peddles monochromatic, repetitive themes. It is simply the law of supply and demand, as well as a reflection of the consumer culture.
Actually, those two as examples are ironic...seeing as Eminem's majority of songs AREN'T repetitive, or at the very least, no more repetitive than any other genre with their songs. Look at the song he did with his group D-12, "Git Up" which was NOTHING but line after line of awesome rapping. 50 Cent is only ever associated with Eminem because Eminem and Dr. Dre are credited with bringing him into the business...that's all, he doesn't copy their styles or anything, he just KNOWS them.

Feel free to invent as many laws as you feel necessary ("laws of dicks and douchebags"), but do not expect them to adequately defend your arguments. But then again, you don't care about that, do you?

Actually, a phenomenon is any occurrence that is observable (whether it is social, physical, or philosophical). Look it up. Phenomena can involve EITHER explainable or unexplainable scenarios. In this instance where I used this terminology, I was correct, in that they arise from observable social scenarios. And, of course they are quite different (but feel free to condemn me anyway, even though I had only mentioned their similarities, not their differences).

Finally, you can only use the 'this specific band/song is awesome rapping' if you can define 'awesome rapping' (or at least name some qualities which elevate it from 'regular' or 'mundane' rapping).

BBS Signature

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 02:08:56

The whole Slim Anus fight began when Eminem was talking crap about them someplace. I think during some press meeting or something. Anyways he said some shit so they did a little song about it. Its not really a big deal, just it all happened in the past and quite frankly who cares?

I am a ICP fan myself I USE TO be a Eminem fan but grew out of it. I am a Metal fan now and do not appericate the stereotype bullshit I've seen in this topic, Metal or any other music whether it be Rock, Metal or Rap just going around and saying "Metal sucks I cant understand it and its scary." or some bullshit like that. If you don't like the music fine, but don't go around saying "I hate this kind of music because it's different and that scares me."

Now then let the flames begin.

When I die. It will be in a blaze of glory.

Metal Hellion/My band (Bestial Remains) Myspace/Sonic Crew

BBS Signature

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 02:10:14

I know this much, however I do NOT know if Eminem ever cared enough to write something bashing them back, or just let it go, figuring they were just being stupid.

in the mid-1990's Detroit's underground music scene was going incredibly well. Their were the major acts really making some noise such as ICP, Kid Rock, Esham the UNHOLY, NATAS, and House Of Krazees. And their were countless scores of other acts trying to make it big. One of those acts was the rap superstar of today, Eminem. At a local release party Eminem printed flyers saying listing all of these major Detroit acts and more may appear at his party. After seeing these flyers ICP were angered by the rapper using their name to draw their fanbase, but thought little more of it until after the local rapper had gained national fame.

In 1998 Eminem was a hot topic throughout the country. He was just beginning to get national attention and was making an appearance on Howard Stern's radio show. Howard, a longtime friend of ICP, asked Eminem what he thought of other Detroit artists. He listed Kiss, Kid Rock, and eventually ICP. Eminem acted like he didn't know ICP at first, then he said that they used to kick their asses before. The next day Stern brought ICP on the show to ask about this, and Violent J said they didn't even know him. Shortly afterwards ICP hit the studio with Twiztid to record "Slim Anus." The war had begun!

"Slim Anus" was a remix of Eminem's hit song "My Name Is" with altered lyrics dissing Eminem calling him a homosexual in every way possible. The song was played on The Juggalo Show, Mancow's Radio Show, Howard Stern's radio show, and was eventually released on the album "Psychopathics From Outer Space." Eminem responded to the diss with two of his own on "The Marshall Mathers L.P." on a song entitled "Marshall Mathers." Again the gay disses were used, as well as claiming ICP weren't from Detroit, and threatening to fight them. He also released a skit called "Ken Kaniff" featuring two guys giving another guy oral sex and calling each other Shaggy and Violent J.

Not long afterwards Eminem found himself in some legal troubles. He pulled a gun Psychopathic employee Douglas Dail, known better as Dougie. Some type of altercation occured and Eminem ended up pulling a gun on Dail. This feuled the fire inside the feud and ICP released an Internet release song entitled "Nuttin But A Bitch Thang" which featured shots at not only Eminem but also his daughter and wife. Following this diss Eminem began throwing two blowup dolls painted like ICP around the stage and out into the crowd. Then on ICP's "Bizzar/Bizaar" album a song titled "Please Don't Hate Me" was directed at Eminem.

Psychopathic rapper Esham also had troubles with Eminem, and ICP appears on his album throwing a diss at both D-12 and Eminem's ex-wife Kim. To this date Eminem has yet to respond. Has the feud died out? Most likely it has, but only time will tell if Eminem will respond and revive this incredible rap battle. A battle that was serious enough to be featured on the documentary on rappers rivalries entitled "Beef 2" which is scheduled for an August 2004 release.

BBS Signature

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 02:10:55

At 3/22/08 02:01 AM, JohnLithium wrote:
Feel free to invent as many laws as you feel necessary ("laws of dicks and douchebags"), but do not expect them to adequately defend your arguments. But then again, you don't care about that, do you?

I made up one law for humor sake, shame on me for not being completely serious...besides, hypocrites ARE douchebags, there aren't many who would disagree besides other hypocrites. So are they right just because they take whatever side suits them? No.

Actually, a phenomenon is any occurrence that is observable (whether it is social, physical, or philosophical). Look it up.

I'll bet you JUST did. Besides, it wasn't observable anyways, you could only listen to it, so you fail no matter which definition you go with.

Phenomena can involve EITHER explainable or unexplainable scenarios. In this instance where I used this terminology, I was correct, in that they arise from observable social scenarios.

Again, not observable, just, "Oooh shit, something's happenning." So no, you weren't correct. Will I keep this up until you give up regardless of how wrong about you being right or not in the context of using the word phenomena i am? Yes. Do even I understand that sentence I just typd? Vaguely.

And, of course they are quite different (but feel free to condemn me anyway, even though I had only mentioned their similarities, not their differences).

Well forgive me for not being able to read your mind, I am so wrong by going on what you said. Damn me not having psychic abilities!

Finally, you can only use the 'this specific band/song is awesome rapping' if you can define 'awesome rapping' (or at least name some qualities which elevate it from 'regular' or 'mundane' rapping).

That'd really depend on what you consider regular or mundane rapping. Hmmm, there was a thread a long time ago challenging anybody to rwrite a rap song on par with professional rappers, and nobody could manage it for shit because they can't begin to realize the complexities. Anybody have a link to that thread? If you could find it for me that'd be awesome.

In this whole rebuttal, you haven't really proved anything other than you're pissed that I made fun of your phenomena use and you wanted to get back at me by making fun of the words Awesome Rapping.

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 02:15:57

At 3/22/08 01:53 AM, Wassano wrote: Actually the song "Will the real slimshady shut the fuck up" was done by Necro

You might be thinking of the song "Slim Anus"

I don't know, there were a SHITLOAD of them I know that. He shot most of them all down when he made his song "I just Don't Give a Fuck." and even though he shot down like 10 people, he still couldn't fit them all in one song.

Fuck Christina Agui...however the fuck you spell it made a song too just because he mentioned her in a derogatory way, like, "HOW DARE YOU?!" you know.

At 3/22/08 01:54 AM, Reapertonn wrote: Rap-the modern day bullshit.Who cares about some white rapper and some other idiots?

...their fans maybe? The millions that bought their albums? Oh but they don't count i guess...

At 3/22/08 01:57 AM, Zen444 wrote: Eminem could take Moby.

I...agree with you there...shit who CAN'T he take him to be honest? Who remembers Nail in the Coffin and Bully? Jesus christ everyone who made fun of him got slammed into the wall, grinded into cheese, and sprinkled on his salad, which he then shat on.

At 3/22/08 01:59 AM, Reapertonn wrote:
Oh I have,my school is full of them.Most people are just ''rap is so cool'',''I'm a gangsta,don't ya bullshit me'' and other crap like that.

I take it you're generalizing the entire fan base of rap as either black people or wiggers? Tsk tsk tsk, such a shame.

At 3/22/08 02:10 AM, sexual-clarinet wrote: What i orignally asked for

THANK YOU, jesus, finally someone cleared this up for me.

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 02:18:08

I barely remember the rivalry, but Insane Clown Posse used to call themselves Inner City Posse. Many of the locals didn't like that very much(there was only 2 members, come on), and beat the sh**t outta them after every show they were in.

The knowledge of power cannot be used wisely without first acquiring the power of knowledge

BBS Signature

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 02:23:35

Rap sucks.
End of feud.

BBS Signature

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 02:26:14

At 3/22/08 02:10 AM, BigLundi wrote:
At 3/22/08 02:01 AM, JohnLithium wrote:
I made up one law for humor sake, shame on me for not being completely serious...besides, hypocrites ARE douchebags, there aren't many who would disagree besides other hypocrites. So are they right just because they take whatever side suits them? No.

Actually, a phenomenon is any occurrence that is observable (whether it is social, physical, or philosophical). Look it up.
I'll bet you JUST did. Besides, it wasn't observable anyways, you could only listen to it, so you fail no matter which definition you go with.

Phenomena can involve EITHER explainable or unexplainable scenarios. In this instance where I used this terminology, I was correct, in that they arise from observable social scenarios.

Again, not observable, just, "Oooh shit, something's happenning." So no, you weren't correct. Will I keep this up until you give up regardless of how wrong about you being right or not in the context of using the word phenomena i am? Yes. Do even I understand that sentence I just typd? Vaguely.

And, of course they are quite different (but feel free to condemn me anyway, even though I had only mentioned their similarities, not their differences).
Well forgive me for not being able to read your mind, I am so wrong by going on what you said. Damn me not having psychic abilities!

That'd really depend on what you consider regular or mundane rapping. Hmmm, there was a thread a long time ago challenging anybody to rwrite a rap song on par with professional rappers, and nobody could manage it for shit because they can't begin to realize the complexities. Anybody have a link to that thread? If you could find it for me that'd be awesome.

In this whole rebuttal, you haven't really proved anything other than you're pissed that I made fun of your phenomena use and you wanted to get back at me by making fun of the words Awesome Rapping.

Go cry on your mother's shoulder. You're wrong in your defense of your flawed use of words, but of course, you are the expert, as your expertly written concession proves. In any event, the word 'phenomena' itself is a false singular form of the word 'phenomenon', so we are both wrong. Also, of the various aspects that I mentioned ("Mindless fan band-wagoning, media over-exposure, lack of musical talent, and juvenile/repetitive song themes"), only half of them involve listening to them and they are ALL observable.

But, then again, you automatically asserted that I 'was not interested in being fair', so I had assumed that YOU DID yank that thought from my mind. My mistake.
Next time I'll be more careful.

BBS Signature

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 02:34:00

At 3/22/08 02:26 AM, JohnLithium wrote:
Go cry on your mother's shoulder.

Wah.

You're wrong in your defense of your flawed use of words, but of course, you are the expert, as your expertly written concession proves.

Thanks, I am the expert.

In any event, the word 'phenomena' itself is a false singular form of the word 'phenomenon', so we are both wrong.

Sweet, we're both dumbasses. What's your point?

Also, of the various aspects that I mentioned ("Mindless fan band-wagoning, media over-exposure, lack of musical talent, and juvenile/repetitive song themes"), only half of them involve listening to them and they are ALL observable.

Not really. And even if they were, you're not doing any observing, you're doing some generalizing, which you just condemned me for just a bit ago...hmmm...odd...

But, then again, you automatically asserted that I 'was not interested in being fair', so I had assumed that YOU DID yank that thought from my mind. My mistake.

You do that. :)

See, you're never going to win(yes, this is a competition of sorts), because this isn't about what we're 'argueing' about. I recognize this as a pointless online war that won't change anyone's mind no matter what's said, and I have no personal problem with you, and would as soon joke around with you in the next post. How does this make me the winner? Well because I'm still happy regardless of the outcome, if you are too, then we're both winners, if you're not, and the fact that I'm flaming you is REALLY making you angry...then you're a loser.

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 02:43:57

At 3/22/08 01:48 AM, D3NTATUS wrote:
At 3/22/08 01:41 AM, A12 wrote: Rap sucks full stop...
not true

case in point:
Aesop Rock
Atmosphere
Blackalicious
Saul Williams
Wu-Tang Clan

there all fine examples of that shitty thing called rap...

cry1 ccry2 emo.cut EMO.CUT

Hi Inferno

BBS Signature

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 02:46:48

At 3/22/08 02:43 AM, A12 wrote:
not true

case in point:
Aesop Rock
Atmosphere
Blackalicious
Saul Williams
Wu-Tang Clan

If you're gonna go ahead and say that, then we'll do the same with whoever you like, regardless of who they are.

Unless you don't like music at all...in which case kindly blow it out your ass.

I will thank you very much.

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 02:47:25

At 3/22/08 02:34 AM, BigLundi wrote:
At 3/22/08 02:26 AM, JohnLithium wrote:
Go cry on your mother's shoulder.
Wah.

You're wrong in your defense of your flawed use of words, but of course, you are the expert, as your expertly written concession proves.

Thanks, I am the expert.

In any event, the word 'phenomena' itself is a false singular form of the word 'phenomenon', so we are both wrong.

Sweet, we're both dumbasses. What's your point?

Also, of the various aspects that I mentioned ("Mindless fan band-wagoning, media over-exposure, lack of musical talent, and juvenile/repetitive song themes"), only half of them involve listening to them and they are ALL observable.
Not really. And even if they were, you're not doing any observing, you're doing some generalizing, which you just condemned me for just a bit ago...hmmm...odd...

You do that. :)

See, you're never going to win(yes, this is a competition of sorts), because this isn't about what we're 'argueing' about. I recognize this as a pointless online war that won't change anyone's mind no matter what's said, and I have no personal problem with you, and would as soon joke around with you in the next post. How does this make me the winner? Well because I'm still happy regardless of the outcome, if you are too, then we're both winners, if you're not, and the fact that I'm flaming you is REALLY making you angry...then you're a loser.

Well, I would agree with you, but then again you jumped on what you perceived as my inaccurate opinions, conclusions, and observations very quickly. But then again, we should have agreed to disagree (or at least relegate the debate to a PM session). Of course, insulting me and my 'C- English' was not at all helpful (and, of course, I can always assume that this constitutes a 'personal problem' against me, even if is not meant to be so).

At least we care and believe enough about something to both use logical methods of argumentation while cogently addressing the other's assertions. We are both winners because we both believe that we defended our arguments to their logical conclusion (in the absence of third-party opinions or commentary).

Let us agree to disagree: ultimately, we can assume that neither of our opinions will measurably change the other's mind in the long run. If you truly do not have a personal problem with me, then it is possible we will meet again someday in this specific forum, hopefully under somewhat happier circumstances.

END.

BBS Signature

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 02:55:27

At 3/22/08 02:46 AM, BigLundi wrote:
At 3/22/08 02:43 AM, A12 wrote:
not true

case in point:
Aesop Rock
Atmosphere
Blackalicious
Saul Williams
Wu-Tang Clan
If you're gonna go ahead and say that, then we'll do the same with whoever you like, regardless of who they are.

Unless you don't like music at all...in which case kindly blow it out your ass.

I will thank you very much.

god... I wanna fuck you... but for it's time to tell you why rap is shit... its just some people trying to act "gangster" and there doing a shitty job....

Hi Inferno

BBS Signature

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 02:56:01

ICP: a bunch of clowns(literally, lol)singing about a carnival.

Eminem: a guy bitching about his mom, his life, his girlfriend, and mtv.

Eminem would win points from me, if he didn't bitch about radio and mtv and then APPEAR on both.

But then he challenged that fag fred durst, and britney spearse, so...

but then again, he has sold out...

Hmmm... what!? WHAT ABOUT ICP YOU SAY? Fuck them, they were already disqualified from the start. As for Slim Shady(gayest fucking name ever), I'm still deciding whether he's even worth mentioning.

Me: sex is fun God: it is more fun alone.

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 02:56:08

IF you care about the answer to that question, kill yourself now.

BBS Signature

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 02:58:24

At 3/22/08 02:47 AM, JohnLithium wrote: Well, I would agree with you, but then again you jumped on what you perceived as my inaccurate opinions, conclusions, and observations very quickly. But then again, we should have agreed to disagree (or at least relegate the debate to a PM session). Of course, insulting me and my 'C- English' was not at all helpful (and, of course, I can always assume that this constitutes a 'personal problem' against me, even if is not meant to be so).

Well hey, that was meant to be a joke. You didn't laugh? Shit I know I did. Anyhow, the fact that we didn't put this in PM discussion is why I didn't take it as serious as you. We are on the GENERAL forum. And judging by how litle you've posted before, I don't expect you to understand that, hell I didn't when I first started posting.

At least we care and believe enough about something to both use logical methods of argumentation while cogently addressing the other's assertions. We are both winners because we both believe that we defended our arguments to their logical conclusion (in the absence of third-party opinions or commentary).

Well if that's why you think you're a winner, then more power to ya. The fact is nobody will dissuade ME from likeing both ICP and Eminem. I like them both, and until they make shitty songs, it won't stop(shitty songs in MY opinion, not others).

Let us agree to disagree: ultimately, we can assume that neither of our opinions will measurably change the other's mind in the long run. If you truly do not have a personal problem with me, then it is possible we will meet again someday in this specific forum, hopefully under somewhat happier circumstances.

I'm not agreeing to disagree on anything that's agreeable by two disagreers(not a real word, C WHAT I DID THAR?). As far as meeting again under happier circumstances? Chances are we will, unless you decide to never post again, then well that's on you.

END.

There is no end to anything, ever.

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 03:03:20

At 3/22/08 02:56 AM, OPIUMSKUM wrote:
but then again, he has sold out...

I like how you think he would need to sell out to anyone...And I'm kind of curious as to what you think sold out means. Is it just that he made millions? Is that it? Because if that's it I feel like laughing hysterically.

Hmmm... what!? WHAT ABOUT ICP YOU SAY? Fuck them, they were already disqualified from the start. As for Slim Shady(gayest fucking name ever)

No, Cocksucker Mcfagfag is the gayest name ever.

I'm still deciding whether he's even worth mentioning.

Didn't you do that the whole post?

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 04:15:12

those juggalo faggots ain't shit.

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 04:22:35

ICP all the way any moron knows that but yes eminem has SOME good songs

No reason.

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 04:29:21

At 3/22/08 02:23 AM, Cericon wrote: Rap sucks.
End of feud.

That's a very close-minded way of looking at it.

Anyway, I prefer to listen to ICP over Eminem any day. I mean, Eminem has some good beats and is capable of putting out strong lyrics, but ICP is a whole hell of a lot funner to listen to. Not so much drama.

asdf

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 04:33:15

I'm surprised people still listen to Eminem or even talk about him...

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 04:42:31

a white guy who takes himself very seriously or a bunch of guys in clown makeup who take themselfs too seriously?

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 06:02:38

The eminem song when im gone was sad :S

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 13:06:07

At 3/22/08 06:02 AM, aprime wrote: The eminem song when im gone was sad :S

Well yeah, that was the whole point. I found it kind of odd that he made a whole song directed t his daughte when he can just talk to her himself though.

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 13:30:29

ICP are the shittiest rap/band I've ever heard.

Their retarded fan base have enough faggotry in it to make Elton John blush.

I did it for the lulz:

BBS Signature

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 13:55:28

At 3/22/08 01:30 PM, Burnzoid wrote: ICP are the shittiest rap/band I've ever heard.

Their retarded fan base have enough faggotry in it to make Elton John blush.

lol, what a way to insult a band. "Their fan base are all homosexual". If that's true, there are a LOT more gay people than I thought, And I need to come out of the closet...

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 14:00:43

Stop sucking up to Eminem like he sucks up to Dr. Dre >:(

ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature

Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 14:49:19

At 3/22/08 02:00 PM, Iron-Hampster wrote: Stop sucking up to Eminem like he sucks up to Dr. Dre >:(

At this point Dre's sucking up to Eminem.