00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ace122567 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top Reviewers List

186,087 Views | 4,565 Replies

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-12 01:27:47

At 10/11/04 04:40 PM, EKRegulus wrote:

Yeah. I should do 1001 reviews so i will be ready for a deletion! (Lol i know thats not what you mean hehe..)

At 10/11/04 06:25 PM, Crossofdevil wrote:

Too much, there's only one human on the planet who can do that. Mr. T. Rex. XwaynecoltX! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-12 02:25:25

At 10/11/04 04:11 PM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: Hehe thanks, and now im down to 999 again, i guess wade loves to do so :D oh and congrats on not being banned today, and also aving a one year old account. tell your parents to give you a cake ;)

not... banned??
waah?
well, thanks for the congrats.
and j00bie, OMFG did Cyb wake up?! hahahah. man, you're stuffed now! lol.
well, after my calculations last night, on average i've done 7.057 reviews each day here.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-12 11:21:36

At 10/12/04 02:25 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: not... banned??
waah?

You know, i was banned on my year, so congrats on you not beeing banned *turns head left*? lol nevermind..

well, thanks for the congrats.

:_)

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-12 15:13:06

Heya does anyone know when the next reviewers list is?

Ive been checking the person above me's scores heh.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-12 15:51:08

At 10/12/04 03:13 PM, Tiger_Chick wrote: Heya does anyone know when the next reviewers list is?

Whenever jon feels like it, har!
Im glad to see such a new person has become such an avid reviewer. It's kind of cool actually. I didnt start reviewing until about 6 months into my Newgrounds 'career'.

As for me, Im doing terrible. I am finding it increasingly difficult to write helpful lengthy reviews now, theyre all... so... the same...
If you flip through my current reviews, youll realise that the lengthiness has cut off a line or two. Im not exactly proud of that, but I feel I am still giving my two cents of advice and criticism to the author. Im just not being nearly as specific.
I dont mean to target anybody with this (even though I am, har!), but I find that when flipping through peoples reviews, certain users who put 2 spaces, then a 'symbol' after each review, tend to write fairly short reviews, but they LOOK longer. Im not just talking about ~X~ while saying this, but theres, ~X~, -cd-, Overall Score: #/(THE THUMB) (Even though Marcuss reviews are already long enough as is).
And I was starting to think, maybe I should make up a little symbol as well, even though I already have 3000+, it'd still be fun to start =O.
Suggestions anyone?

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-12 16:13:11

At 10/12/04 03:51 PM, j00bie wrote: Suggestions anyone?

Hmm... I think you should start it as the 4000 or something, but it would be a long time from now i guess heh... Maybe a short sentance or just a word..
Like: I need the bathroom (00), or something more clever than that.. :D
I am the best J00bie on Newgrounds!
or just a logo like:
-oJo-
Anyways, good luck on that!

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-13 04:44:34

At 10/12/04 03:51 PM, j00bie wrote: Whenever jon feels like it, har!

too true!!

Im glad to see such a new person has become such an avid reviewer. It's kind of cool actually. I didnt start reviewing until about 6 months into my Newgrounds 'career'.

yeh, it all started when she was in the NGDD review contest that lasted for a week... she was doing like 40 a day for a whole week there...

As for me, Im doing terrible. I am finding it increasingly difficult to write helpful lengthy reviews now, theyre all... so... the same...
If you flip through my current reviews, youll realise that the lengthiness has cut off a line or two. Im not exactly proud of that, but I feel I am still giving my two cents of advice and criticism to the author. Im just not being nearly as specific.

yeh, that can suck. i guess that same thing happened to X, because on the odd occasion i see one of his reviews, he seems like he's run out of gas....

I dont mean to target anybody with this (even though I am, har!), but I find that when flipping through peoples reviews, certain users who put 2 spaces, then a 'symbol' after each review, tend to write fairly short reviews, but they LOOK longer. Im not just talking about ~X~ while saying this, but theres, ~X~, -cd-, Overall Score: #/(THE THUMB) (Even though Marcuss reviews are already long enough as is).

heh, yeh i really like mine... i dont like it when people sign their name or something, because it sais it at the top of the review anyways.
now i've changed my second last line of 'Overall score: 6.5/10', to simply, '6.5/10'... and i think that having a score at the end is important, because you cant write 7.5/10 in the actual review total.
also, i think that the thumb is a great way to finish off the review, because even if you review something with a 7 out of 10, you could still finish off the review with a negative point... and that wouldnt be too good...
so the thumb shows my verdict :)

And I was starting to think, maybe I should make up a little symbol as well, even though I already have 3000+, it'd still be fun to start =O.
Suggestions anyone?

meh, i started mine ages ago...
well, it was only a few months ago, but it started to form when i was really getting into the review swing of things, heh.
i think that all 'major' reviewers should have a trademark....
X = ~X~ and (((LOL))).
Ryan = score for summary line: '6'
Cyb = -cd-
KWAS + M14 = spammy reviewers, so it would take twice as long to write a sig of some sort in each review.
and i have my famous thumb.
so yeh, i think it would be a good idea...
there is my review for j00, or something... hahahah. but seriously, dont take anyones ideas... its always best to come up with your own.
also, Carmel said to start on 4,000? well, by the time you hit 5,000, around 50-100 reviews probably would have been deleted, thus making your starting trademark review be a normal number...
so start it when ever you come up with it.
theres my two cents.

~Master M

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-13 06:52:39

At 10/12/04 03:51 PM, j00bie wrote:
Suggestions anyone?

How about -joobie- or [joobie] or :: joobie :: or ::: joobie ::: or
..:: Joobie ::.. or < joobie > or -jb- or [jb] or :: jb :: or maybe ..:: jb ::...
or something original and new that noone else has done before!=)

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-13 07:56:52

At 10/13/04 06:52 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Suggestions anyone?
How about -joobie- or [joobie] or :: joobie :: or ::: joobie ::: or
..:: Joobie ::.. or < joobie > or -jb- or [jb] or :: jb :: or maybe ..:: jb ::...
or something original and new that noone else has done before!=)

hahah... HAR HAR HAR... LAFF... ROFL... LMAO...
hehe, so -jb- would be original... but you do -cd-... RIGHT.
hahaha.
well, what took you so long to get back to reviewing?

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-13 10:27:29

At 10/13/04 07:56 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote:
hahah... HAR HAR HAR... LAFF... ROFL... LMAO...

lol.

hehe, so -jb- would be original... but you do -cd-... RIGHT.

I know,thats why i said he should come up with something orginal.lol,i cant think of anything else.=P

well, what took you so long to get back to reviewing?

"-jb-" was catching up with me,and i like my 5th place.=)
I need to catch up with KWAS71KCK too...

At 10/11/04 07:14 PM, j00bie wrote: FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Who woke up Cyberdevil!?

Me.=)

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-13 10:53:37

At 10/13/04 04:44 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote:
also, Carmel said to start on 4,000? well, by the time you hit 5,000, around 50-100 reviews probably would have been deleted, thus making your starting trademark review be a normal number...
so start it when ever you come up with it.
theres my two cents.

Heheh you right, havent even thought aboot it :D.. Yeah, well than do exactly what Master M said ;)...

~Master Baryonyx~

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-13 14:53:31

Thanks j00bie yeah I have become into this thread now the reviewing comp really started me off (hat off to M-A-R-C-U-S- for that :D). Oh and cool over the symbol thing could I have one? like T_C or something

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-13 15:28:24

At 10/13/04 10:27 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Me.=)

I demand you stop reviewing immediately!
;)

It's nothing personal, I just set a goal for my self I may have set to high for myself.
I thought it was done for sure when hamy_jamy started reviewing like a huge whore, but then he stopped... so... that's all good.

I just want to get up with the 'big guys'!
I JUST WANNA BELONG!!!

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-13 15:33:13

I just started adding my signed name at the bototm of every review and a different comment which changes every time, its me and my style ha ha :P

I love reviewing i always have liked rating games (not on newgrounds before i joined) and used to do it on a site for PS2, i like making my comments and critisms heard muahaha.

So how long has everyone here been posting here at the top reviewers thread and been reviewing lots? Or are you all regulars :)

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-13 15:37:37

At 10/13/04 03:33 PM, Tiger_Chick wrote: So how long has everyone here been posting here at the top reviewers thread and been reviewing lots? Or are you all regulars :)

I never knew about this thread until a few months ago, and I had 666 reviews and was ranked #50.
The next update, I jumped 38 spots, reviewed about 1100 in a month, and am starting to slow down now.... but at least Ive claimed a spot in the top 10, which I thought I would never do.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-13 15:39:06

Wow thats excellent number 10 out of god know how many users! Do you think im making ok progress in reviewing considering my sign up date at NG? I hope to get into the top 50 soon :)

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-13 15:47:24

At 10/13/04 03:39 PM, Tiger_Chick wrote: Wow thats excellent number 10 out of god know how many users!

www.newgrounds.com/portal/stats.html
Im actually Number 6, Marcus is Number 7, Cyberdevil is 5, ~X~ is 1 (By far), and Yoink is 9 last I checked.... Pretty much everyone who posts in here is on the top 10, excluding you who is doing extremely well for a starter, and jon who takes cares of the list (even though his number is also pretty high as well, Number15 or something).
Do you think im making ok progress in reviewing considering my sign up date at NG? I hope to get into the top 50 soon :)
At your pace, youll be there pretty soon.
If this was about 4 months ago, youd be about 55.
Youll make it into Top 50 within the next few days.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-13 15:49:04

At 10/13/04 03:47 PM, j00bie wrote: Do you think im making ok progress in reviewing considering my sign up date at NG? I hope to get into the top 50 soon :) (<----Tiger_Chicks post)
At your pace, youll be there pretty soon.
If this was about 4 months ago, youd be about 55.
Youll make it into Top 50 within the next few days.

Sorry for the idiotic quoting trouble, im sure you peoples can figure out what i meant.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-13 15:55:20

Yep. Anyway thanks for the words of confidence ill be sure to make not only a lot of reviews but quality ones aswell :). And yeah I looked at the first ever list and if that was now id be in the top 20 lol oh well reviewing is mroe popular now I guess.
Im surprised mostly only people in the top 10 post here, i thought a lot more people would after all i like to see how im doing on the scoreboard :)

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-13 20:42:31

-j00 were reviewed- :P

It sounds cool. It could become a nice signature.
Just start your signature with the word joo and follow it with a very short sentence. Isn't that a good idea?

my suggestions:
-j00 were reviewed-
-j00 deserve a X/10-
-j00 did a good/bad job-
-j00 amazed me-
-j00 boned me-
-j00 work were appreciated by Bedn-
-j00 receive two thumbs up/down- , etc find your own :P

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-13 23:32:04

~Master M

Who, what, huh? What about Ryan and his summaries?

Ryan

How you doin?

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-14 02:01:49

At 10/13/04 08:42 PM, EKRegulus wrote: -j00 were reviewed- :P

lol, i believe i said that :P

my suggestions:
-j00 receive two thumbs up/down- , etc find your own :P

N0o0o0o0!!!! dont j00 ever, EVER steal my glorious thumb, damnit!
grr.....

At 10/13/04 11:32 PM, RyanAn wrote:

~Master M

your 'summary line' for each review is the score you give it, or a .5 score.
thats pretty much your trademark thingo.
:D

i seriously never thought i would ever get this many reviews/responses...
View Your Reviews (2,598)
(With Responses Only (809))

~MM

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-14 10:39:53

At 10/14/04 02:01 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote:

At 10/13/04 11:32 PM, RyanAn wrote:

your 'summary line' for each review is the score you give it, or a .5 score.
thats pretty much your trademark thingo.
D

Oh, Ok, I thought you were rating me a 6... could be. :)

Ryan

How you doin?

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-14 13:07:40

Hehe good idea EK soudns like a coo, sig. I made my own i couldnt really think of something good, i am so original :P

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-14 23:53:41

I had the same sig pic for a long time, one being a mallet other being the badge from the last rank for b/p.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-15 01:56:06

At 10/14/04 10:39 AM, RyanAn wrote: Oh, Ok, I thought you were rating me a 6... could be. :)

Ryan

hahah, no ways!
i think you'd get a 6.1/10 for reviewing XP XP XP!!
hahaha. i jk, i jk. you're far from a kwas, or an m14... d/w bout that. :)
i never seem to come across many of your reviews, i think you review in your timezone (entries submitted in early PM american time, no?) where as i tend to review stuff thats submitted later on :)
*N.B - im taking after j00bie, i didnt write a single review yesterday, infact i lost one thanks to Wade.
meh, ive been playing StarCraft :D best game... ever! hahahha.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-15 02:46:48

At 10/14/04 11:53 PM, ramagi wrote: I had the same sig pic for a long time, one being a mallet other being the badge from the last rank for b/p.

But you are way past the mallet
I had a 3D image of the double Axe, But my drive crashed, I'll see if I can find it again

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-15 06:54:45

At 10/15/04 02:46 AM, Bila wrote: But you are way past the mallet

true. i have always wondered why you never got that fixed. i reken it would be really cool if you got a new rotating sig for each level you got.

I had a 3D image of the double Axe, But my drive crashed, I'll see if I can find it again

hmm, yeh that would be cool.
also, you are 40 y.o, yeh? or are ya one of those people who put in a fake b-day... you dont seem like that kind of person.
theres a guy at NGDD (NG Department of Defense) who's apparantly 74, lol... weird.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-15 12:41:10

Haha yeah gopher MA-R-C-U-S. i agree he cant be 74 who on earth would come on Newgrounds if they were that old? They truly wouldnt ahve a lfie then, it annoys me when people put all these fake birthdays in to look funny, ya know i could go and change my age to 100 right now if i really wanted to :P

Response to Top Reviewers List 2004-10-15 15:20:13

At 10/15/04 06:54 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: also, you are 40 y.o, yeh? or are ya one of those people who put in a fake b-day... you dont seem like that kind of person.

Bila is the oldest KNOWN Newgroundser, Bila is 41, Recon is 40, Pilot-Doofy is 35. Those are the 3 oldest (that dont lie about their age) NG users.