00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DecoQliao just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Violent April Fool's Collab

13,434 Views | 280 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-24 03:59:11

THE APRIL FOOLS COLLAB

---SO WHAT IS THIS, THEN?
Animate a normally harmless prank that takes a violent twist and eventually kills the pranker, prankee, and/or others. You may use a well known prank or one that you make up yourself, AS LONG AS the prank looks non-lethal at first. (I assume this is where most of the humour will lie.) This will give you a lot of room for creativity and violence, so start crackin' over the Spring Break!

The collab music will be "I Remember Larry" by Weird Al Yankovic. It's 4 minutes long. And, just so you know, it's a song about pranks and violence. Suiting, no?

The number of people who may join is flexible, as the collab needs just enough to fill 4 minutes. I'll do a bunch of parts as well as the menu.

http://media.putfile.com/AprilFoolsColla b

There's the menu so far. I'll add more deaths, soundfx and stuff. Tell me what y'all think about it. (And could someone help me put that in a proper link?)

---SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE PARTS
-Frame Rate: 24 FPS
-Document Size: 550 x 400
-Background Colour: Doesn't really matter. I can make it so that the bg is retained for all parts.
-Length: Anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds.
-Sound: Because the colab's music will have lyrics, please do not use dialogue. Restrict yourselves to only sound effects. (I'm sure you can live with this)
-Symbols: To save me time, name all your symbols in this format: "YOUR INITIALS-symbolname". For example, "NL-unluckybunny"

---SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE BIOGRAPHIES
-This is completely optional. If you choose not to give the info, I'll leave your bio as empty.
-Send in a small picture of yourself, your avatar, your logo, or a screenshot of your animation that you like. Otherwise, I'll take a screenshot.
-Provide your actual name.
-Say something about the animation, being an animator, the collab, your life, your influences, or pretty much anything.
-Your website (if you have one)
-That's it. Click on the link above to see how your bio would look like.

---MISCELLANEOUS (Too lazy to categorize):
-You may send multiple parts.
-Send the .fla file and bio to nutcasenightmare@hotmail.com
-Upload your .swf to Imageshack, Putfile, or some other place so that we may all see, critique, and compliment your work. =)
-This is a dark humour-based collab. So, try to use neither nudity nor swearing unless it's essential to the prank/joke/death. Otherwise, I'll censor stuff. (I'm all for free speech, and I also hate how cartoon violence is acceptable but nudity is taboo. However, we're trying to get this out to the NG majority, AKA violent teenagers, including me.)
-Try not to use sprites, sticks, clocks, and/or locks. Be original. Exceptions are made for really well animated parts.
-You have 5 weeks. Strive for QUALITY OVER QUANTITY over parts.
-We want as many people as possible to fill 4 minutes. Invite your friends to join.
-To reiterate, the PRANK must be originally harmless, but must end in fatal violence.

---DEADLINES and CO-AUTHORING
The deadline is March 30th. Please send the .fla files only the week before April Fools. This is to encourage you to work on them until that date. At this point, we'll evaluate the parts, and vote for which parts deserve to be in, and who deserves to be co-authored.

If yours doesn't get picked to be put in the music video, or you're too late, don't worry: you still have a chance of being featured. The three best animations that weren't picked will be put in the Extras section. Everyone else who at least submitted something will be given special thanks.

This also gives me a couple days to assemble the collab and release it exactly on April Fools. Have fun, everyone!

The Violent April Fool's Collab

Games, Toons, and Other Escapes From Reality.

NutcaseNightmare [dot] com

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-24 06:20:00

wow, this is awesome. I'll try and get something in for it, although it might not be that soon since I'm very busy at the moment.

Just click the sig, idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-24 06:35:49

At 2/24/08 03:59 AM, Nutcasenightmare wrote: http://media.putfile.com/AprilFoolsColla b

There's the menu so far. I'll add more deaths, soundfx and stuff. Tell me what y'all think about it. (And could someone help me put that in a proper link?)

I like the menu, though I would add a border to the text at the top, or make it look more "fitting". And what do you mean by a proper link? You mean like this?

I'll make a part if I can get round to it, looks like a promising collab.

They used to call me souled...

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-24 07:07:53

I might try to do something for this...

A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-24 07:08:09

Yeah I really like the menu, good job!

Im pretty tied up flash wise at the moment, but id still really like to do something for this. If I get time, ill do something!

BBS Signature

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-24 11:06:16

At 2/24/08 06:35 AM, souled wrote:
I like the menu, though I would add a border to the text at the top, or make it look more "fitting".

I'll make a part if I can get round to it, looks like a promising collab.

Thanks for providing suggestions for the menu! I'll work on that right now! And thank you for joining my collab!

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-24 11:16:00

i will join but can i do stick or not

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-24 11:26:18

At 2/24/08 11:16 AM, ArjunS wrote: i will join but can i do stick or not

If it's well animated like Stix or Stick Figure Suicide, sure, by all means! I don't really mind sticks as much as sprites, clocks, and locks because they usually involves more Frame by Frame and less tweening. But send it anyway, I'd like to see. =)

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-24 13:05:30

Hi Nutcase.

Of course, I accept your offer. Thanks for pming me about it.

The menu is awesome.

Howd you do it so awesome lol?

Anyway ill get started on my part when I can. Oh and dont let any really bad parts or sticks in please. It would suck if this got ruined like that :(

Anyway lets get animating!

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-24 13:45:28

AAh sweet thats wen my b-day is thats so cool!

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-24 14:04:12

Oh, yeh, I have a great idea for this, let's see if I can animate it. (If not I'll pass it on to someone who hasn't got one.

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-24 14:16:40

Hey can I join? I already got an plan

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-24 14:49:38

can i join please i will do some thing good

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-24 16:11:46

At 2/24/08 02:16 PM, sirbackup wrote: Hey can I join? I already got an plan

The preceding is "a".

I will join.

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-24 17:33:40

Wow. 14 hours and about 10 possible collabrators. I think this is gonna go over pretty well! =)
(Now adding audio to the menu. Then I'll animate my parts)

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-24 17:38:44

Hey man, this is probably one of the most creative collabs ive seen so far. And the menu is wicked =o
If everone makes a good part im positive this will go front page :D
I cant pass this up, im joining definitely.

Ghost/Supernat. Club | Join the Family | The FlashBase.

You always need at least one asshole moderator for your forum. Its not opinion, its fact

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-25 21:13:05

At 2/24/08 05:38 PM, Mercenary81 wrote: Hey man, this is probably one of the most creative collabs ive seen so far. And the menu is wicked =o
If everone makes a good part im positive this will go front page :D
I cant pass this up, im joining definitely.

bUhMp

Ghost/Supernat. Club | Join the Family | The FlashBase.

You always need at least one asshole moderator for your forum. Its not opinion, its fact

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-25 21:20:15

I might try and whip something up

sig'd

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-25 22:12:14

Looks awesome, mind if I join?

BBS Signature

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-25 22:13:24

Wait nevermind, I don't wanna join

but my friend NG-Unit does, hes currently on a 30 day ban (check his profile) so...yeah can he join?

BBS Signature

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-25 22:32:00

kay I'm in.

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-25 22:40:05

It's quite an original idea. I definitely should join this. I think this will be extremely funny. Nice menu also. Really smooth and hard to find flaws.

I'm in.

-------------------------------

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-25 22:48:08

Heres a quick part NG-Unit made (and sent to me so I could post it) lol...

What should he improve on? (he plans on improving it, but what do you think about my idea?)

BBS Signature

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-25 22:49:13

Hmmm...it didn't work

Heres
the new link

BBS Signature

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-25 22:50:58

Ugh it didn't work again

this one works!

BBS Signature

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-26 02:52:28

At 2/25/08 10:48 PM, sexual-clarinet wrote: Heres a quick part NG-Unit made (and sent to me so I could post it) lol...

What should he improve on? (he plans on improving it, but what do you think about my idea?)

Umm its not very smooth or violent...

I means its ok but its basically an arms appears, a guy appears and the apple is thrown at his head.

He should add more keyframes to make it smoother and have more animation. It looks unnatural having only his arm move like that.

Oh and blood. Or at least add more to the death.

Also, I dont really understand why this is an april fools joke.

Well apart from that its not too bad...

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-26 03:00:47

Oh and I dont think itll get through with that...

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-26 17:30:11

Why is this collab dying with such an awesome menu?

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-26 21:08:39

I made something, it was kind of rushed but I think it looks pretty good.

http://www.swfup.com/file/140462

do you think their should be sound?

sig'd

Response to The Violent April Fool's Collab 2008-02-27 01:45:13

At 2/26/08 09:08 PM, chickendance333 wrote: I made something, it was kind of rushed but I think it looks pretty good.

http://www.swfup.com/file/140462

do you think their should be sound?

Leaving it without sound is okay. There'll be music in the final collab. Creative prank machine, though.

Suggestions:
-have the guy look down at the pie.
-better walk cycle.
-show the perpetuator of the prank. In a airplane. And crashes and burns. Two deaths are funnier than one.

THere's no rush, btw. Quality will be what gets you into the collab... and you still have 34 days left. =)