00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

958,146 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-20 21:25:49

At 8/20/12 07:28 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Congrats on the Gold Aura, Lego! :D

So it finally happened.

I can't wait to be banned by Legolass!

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-21 02:03:46

At 8/20/12 07:28 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Congrats on the Gold Aura, Lego! :D

Why thank you nae, :3

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-21 04:16:57

Yo lego, your aura sucks balls.

I'll beat you to the punch, Fifty

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-21 04:35:30

Gee lego! How come your mom lets you have two gold auras?

fuckin' dualwielding

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-21 05:44:44

Oh cool beans! Gratz Lego :D

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-21 09:44:51

At 8/21/12 02:03 AM, LegolaSS wrote: Why thank you nae, :3

Oh, never mind, the aura is a lie.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-21 09:49:34

At 8/21/12 09:44 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Oh, never mind, the aura is a lie.

Why's it a lie?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-21 17:36:06

Good on ya, Lego :3

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-23 18:32:14

Anyone know what kinds of paint don't work/age well on cars? I botched a paint job on my 68 VW Bug (mostly cuz I did it in the open and bugs were ramming themselves into the car as I was painting it) and I'm leaning towards just drawing whatevers and painting it over then sealing it with some clear coat. I don't know though, if I used say, acrylics, whether or not it'll sit right on the metal or react in some way (the paint I used reacted weird to the damn bondo the previous owner lied to me about). Anywho, anyone know? Or is it just a guessing game?

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-23 23:09:39

At 8/23/12 06:32 PM, Knocturne wrote: Anyone know what kinds of paint don't work/age well on cars? anyone know? Or is it just a guessing game?

I use some of this, http://www.houseofkolor.com/speedshapes/speedshapes_shimrin.
jsp
its made specifically for car metals, just a word though, get a high quality respirator and do your painting in an enclosed space, something literally closed off from outside I use a storage container fitted with lights, its okay for bikes but I think with a bug you'll need more space so go ask some of your local garages or somewhere where you can drive you car in and be away from the elements if you can do this they're usually cool about it.

also get a paint gun and masking tape, different widths for accuracy and something biodegradable like paper that doesn't soak in as much like craft paper, cover your headlights, tail lights, windscreen, windows, wheels and trim in that stuff, when you get down to painting, or rather at this point spraying, remember you can add minimal effects with a paint brush after its dried, just don't get too much paint on the brush or it'll drip on your work, unless that's the thing you're going for , good idea to use black, but any color that contrasts works

also if its a bug heres a suggestion, paint the trim chrome, including the hubcaps, (if you still have them) its just essential for the bug to be adorned in chrome, its trim is all over, its asking for it!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-23 23:14:44

At 8/23/12 06:32 PM, Knocturne wrote: Anyone know what kinds of paint don't work/age well on cars?

OH FORGOT!

You need paint primer, ask for some at your local automobile parts shop

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-27 01:51:43

So Browsing CTRLPaint and came across this Video. It says its for beginners, but is more of a little quick motivational speech. It made me feel good. So I thought I would share it.
Being a Beginner

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-27 15:05:34

I hate you.
And you.
And you.
Yeah, you too.
And you know what? Fuck Hurricane Isaac. Srsly.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-27 19:30:10

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-29 15:54:09

Was just admiring some behind-the-scenes pics of certain movies (shared by scarab in the chat), and I thought I'd share it for your amusement.

check out the Shining and Star Wars pics

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-30 07:31:25

Hey.

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'm taking a safe bet and will just ask here:

How much would it cost for someone to make a design for a blog (blogspot)?
Is there a certain price range or is it really different, based on the artist?

I'm not necessarily talking about the whole layout of a blog (CSS and all other coding), more like just the background and header.
And how much would it be for the whole shebang?

I'm sure someone here has some knowledge or experience with this.

So yeah, thanks in advance and whatnot.

1, 2, 3, Coffee 4, 5, 8, too late

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-30 07:54:51

At 8/30/12 07:31 AM, Corky-D wrote: And how much would it be for the whole shebang?

That completely depends on the artist you want to make them. Some work through fixed rates (say, they charge 100 bucks a picture), others charge by the hour. Most artists who work commercially often do have a page dedicated to their rates, best to check for that first, but otherwise your best bet is really to just email an artist you have in mind and ask for a quote. That sort of straightforwardness is appreciated and there's no obligation to hire them if they're out of your price range.

As for how much you can expect to pay; well, maybe you hire a digital painter who charges 20 bucks an hour, it'll run you 200 or so for a fully rendered header and background as a conservative estimate. Compare that to hiring a vector artist to get you a couple of toons to fill out the page and you might be able to get them for 20 bucks.

It's all on you, pal.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-30 08:27:56

So in other news, some guy threatened to DDoS my userpage specifically (somehow without affecting the rest of Newgrounds? Don't think that's possible, lol) because I didn't want to make him free art consisting of:

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-30 08:54:14

At 8/30/12 08:27 AM, Spags wrote: So in other news, some guy threatened to DDoS my userpage specifically (somehow without affecting the rest of Newgrounds? Don't think that's possible, lol) because I didn't want to make him free art consisting of:

two words....
AD REV!

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-30 09:23:29

At 8/30/12 08:27 AM, Spags wrote: So in other news, some guy threatened to DDoS my userpage specifically (somehow without affecting the rest of Newgrounds? Don't think that's possible, lol) because I didn't want to make him free art consisting of:

Wow, the only characters missing from that list are Sonic, Mario, Gordan Freeman and Batman.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-30 09:31:12

At 8/30/12 09:23 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Wow, the only characters missing from that list are Sonic, Mario, Gordan Freeman and Batman.

Personally if I was going to make an insane request it'd be something random in the style of American Gothic (because that hasn't been done to the death).

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-30 12:36:42

At 8/30/12 07:54 AM, Lintire wrote: It's all on you, pal.

Alright, thanks for the info.

1, 2, 3, Coffee 4, 5, 8, too late

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-30 13:10:42

Draw all those pop culture characters in a gay train.

Can we start a collab on this?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-30 23:23:58

At 8/30/12 01:10 PM, test-object wrote: Can we start a collab on this?

Do it.

Check out what's new in Sketchbook Pro 6! French curve...what?!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-31 16:07:17

At 8/31/12 03:59 PM, CypressDahlia wrote: Wow. Some immense scrotum just zero bombed every one of the newest submissions on the art portal. I can deal with the concentrated hate but really? Every submission? Is there no way to stop zero spam? I hear the audio portal has it even worse.

I just gave you a 5 on your eva 02 not more than 20 minutes ago. But I wouldn't worry too much about it, your setting pretty on votes, views, and reviews.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-31 19:52:18

So does anyone here wanna bother with HiryuGouki? I'm kind of spent trying to reason with the buffoon, he only listens to the first few things a person says and considers them insults, or worse passes everything off as a "stylized piece."

I saw simple graphic circles at the Tate Britain on my tour of London and never understood how that was art, I think HiryuGouki thinks that of himself. That his art is on par with the greats, and deserves to be Archived.

My YouTube Channel feel free to support me on Ko-Fi

I do video essays on ATLUS games

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-31 20:04:44

At 8/31/12 07:52 PM, Absinthe wrote: So does anyone here wanna bother with HiryuGouki?

No. He's cluttered up the art forum enough in his own threads... let's keep it out of the lounge, thanks.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-31 20:30:17

At 8/31/12 08:04 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 8/31/12 07:52 PM, Absinthe wrote: So does anyone here wanna bother with HiryuGouki?
No. He's cluttered up the art forum enough in his own threads... let's keep it out of the lounge, thanks.

I understand, sorry ReNaeNae, I do remember his name popping up in the lounge a few months back. I just want this guy to at least listen to one person.

My YouTube Channel feel free to support me on Ko-Fi

I do video essays on ATLUS games

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-31 23:48:14

At 8/31/12 03:59 PM, CypressDahlia wrote: Wow. Some immense scrotum just zero bombed every one of the newest submissions on the art portal. I can deal with the concentrated hate but really? Every submission? Is there no way to stop zero spam? I hear the audio portal has it even worse.

Scores are really just a number. I don't know how many times I've heard of this. You're already a great artist, that's the reason why I don't understand why you're so worked up about people giving you a low score. Do you really need something as petty as that to confirm your impressive skills? You don't need to succeed in the art portal. I stopped giving a fuck about the art a long time ago. And I advise you do the same. (regarding scores)

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-09-01 01:07:56

At 8/31/12 11:48 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: And I advise you do the same. (regarding scores)

A man's worth lies not in numbers, but in the amount of respect that he has earned.