00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ThomasBlack0001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

959,936 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-14 14:49:19

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-14 19:31:52

Happy un-un-Birthday, Spaghetti.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with KingsâEU"nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty secondsâEUTM worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything thatâEUTMs in it,
AndâEU"which is moreâEU"youâEUTMll be a Man, my son!

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-15 02:49:20

At 6/13/12 07:16 PM, Lucky wrote: Happy Birthday Nino!:DDD(Spags!)
how does it feel like to BE A MANNNN
At 6/13/12 08:54 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Happy Birthday, Spag!!!! :D
At 6/14/12 12:07 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Happy spaghetti day
At 6/14/12 02:49 PM, Knocturne wrote: Happy birthday Spags! I remember my first thought about you, it was "That's a weird name..."
At 6/14/12 07:31 PM, Aigis wrote: Happy un-un-Birthday, Spaghetti.

Thanks guise, means a lot :3 I feel so mat-ure and adult now. Now that I've graduated both high school and childhood, I shall have more time to dedicate to the forums and making art and stuff, I s'pose.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-15 03:04:46

At 6/15/12 02:49 AM, Spags wrote: Thanks guise, means a lot :3 I feel so mat-ure and adult now. Now that I've graduated both high school and childhood, I shall have more time to dedicate to the forums and making art and stuff, I s'pose.

sure thats what so many of us said back then, but look at us now...er.... ok, bad example....
give me a minute, I'll come up with better ones.... sure

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-19 01:49:09

Here is some fun for any of the urban artist out there.
DirtyCarArt.com
Some pretty cool stuff on an interesting medium.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-19 12:22:11

At 6/19/12 01:49 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Here is some fun for any of the urban artist out there.
DirtyCarArt.com
Some pretty cool stuff on an interesting medium.

It's amazing what people can come up with. The most I've ever seen on a dirty car was "Wash Me" and a frown.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-20 09:00:15

yo dawgs we need some forum activities like there used to be or somethin. art forum is pretty damn boring now.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-20 09:30:17

At 6/20/12 09:00 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: yo dawgs we need some forum activities like there used to be or somethin. art forum is pretty damn boring now.

I really want to kick something stupid off, but I don't have the opportunity.
I think a Robot Day related flood would be good. Say "Robotic animals".

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-20 09:35:18

At 6/20/12 09:00 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: yo dawgs we need some forum activities like there used to be or somethin. art forum is pretty damn boring now.

Then come up with one.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-20 10:53:54

At 6/20/12 09:35 AM, Aigis wrote:
Then come up with one.

I tried, but alas the forum regulars do no share my love and admiration for Glorious Leader Kim Jong-un.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-20 12:24:51

At 6/20/12 10:53 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: I tried, but alas the forum regulars do no share my love and admiration for Glorious Leader Kim Jong-un.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that not only you're back, but you got Toucan to post as well.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-20 12:53:25

At 6/20/12 12:24 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 6/20/12 10:53 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: I tried, but alas the forum regulars do no share my love and admiration for Glorious Leader Kim Jong-un.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that not only you're back, but you got Toucan to post as well.

Joe is the love of my life. We do everything together.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-20 15:09:18

This may be just me, but does anyone else draw more at night then during the day?

I remember reading somewhere that people are more creative during the night verses the day, and I noticed that I draw a hell of a lot less during the summer. I wonder if it could be because the sun is up for longer?

Or that I'm just really lazy when I have any free time.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-20 17:57:47

At 6/20/12 03:09 PM, x-factor11 wrote: This may be just me, but does anyone else draw more at night then during the day?

I draw almost exclusively at night and pretty much always have. Now its because I work during the day, before was because I was in class during the day. On days off I prefer to get all the errands and socializing bits done during the day.

I do feel more creative at night but I would say that most of the drawing at night comes more from me just being busy all the time during daylight hours.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-22 06:31:49

Just noticed an Enemy Creation contest in General, where people come up with creature concepts for an RPG.
Might be a fun forum activity to get stuck into.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-22 09:27:35

At 6/22/12 04:02 AM, ImpendingRiot wrote:
Also, nice to see you around these parts again

Thanks man, love you too.

So hey, would the fine people of these forums prefer Creature of the Week or Character of the week contests? I'll probably do ChOW anyway, but it's good to give your minions an illusion of choice.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-22 09:57:14

At 6/22/12 09:27 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: So hey, would the fine people of these forums prefer Creature of the Week or Character of the week contests? I'll probably do ChOW anyway, but it's good to give your minions an illusion of choice.

Well, ashman was running the CHOW's, so you might need to contact him to see if he's okay with you taking over it.
I think COW would be nice, because there's a bit more freedom allowed, and we haven't had one in a long time.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-22 11:05:23

At 6/22/12 09:27 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: So hey, would the fine people of these forums prefer Creature of the Week or Character of the week contests? I'll probably do ChOW anyway, but it's good to give your minions an illusion of choice.

Like jonny I'd prefer cow, but that's mostly because back when I first came here, the cows (at the time hosted by you) were one of the things that really got me hooked to the art forum.
I'd like an EOW too; but it might be difficult to get many entries for that.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-23 11:04:49

Hey, Just like to apologize for my ignorant condescending assholish douchebaggery on the forums.

are those even words?

I didn't realize what i was doing, and I'm terribly sorry, I just do without thinking, and then I realize what ive done, I just can't stop whats started.

So NG forum I am sorry.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-23 13:03:31

At 6/23/12 11:04 AM, M-Maher wrote: Hey, Just like to apologize for my ignorant condescending assholish douchebaggery on the forums.
are those even words?
I didn't realize what i was doing, and I'm terribly sorry, I just do without thinking, and then I realize what ive done, I just can't stop whats started.

So NG forum I am sorry.

You acted like a condescending pessimistic douche bag on the forums , Since when exactly?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-24 06:03:21

At 6/24/12 02:46 AM, ImpendingRiot wrote: Brave was quite great and, like pretty much all Pixar movies, incredibly inspiring from an art standpoint.

yeah, its pretty amazing what they did with the environments, usually 3d models follow straight lines, but there isn't any straight lines in nature, it makes for some pretty stunning visuals and only lord knows how much the polygon count was.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-24 08:23:52

At 6/24/12 06:03 AM, M-Maher wrote:
At 6/24/12 02:46 AM, ImpendingRiot wrote: Brave was quite great and, like pretty much all Pixar movies, incredibly inspiring from an art standpoint.
yeah, its pretty amazing what they did with the environments, usually 3d models follow straight lines, but there isn't any straight lines in nature, it makes for some pretty stunning visuals and only lord knows how much the polygon count was.

Straight Lines? If you mean by sharp edges that arn suppose to be around a organic figure than yeah I can see you can really how most things that arn't man made to be completely natural. honestly the amount of polygons does not really detract the appeal of a movie ...AT TIMES.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-24 08:53:58

At 6/24/12 08:30 AM, BilalZ wrote: cool, i'll be sure to catch it in two years when it premiers for the telly.

google "brave online free watch" Internet ftw.

At 6/22/12 11:05 AM, J-qb wrote:

probably do ChOW anyway, but it's good to give your minions an illusion of choice.

Like jonny I'd prefer cow, but that's mostly because back when I first came here, the cows (at the time hosted by you) were one of the things that really got me hooked to the art forum.
I'd like an EOW too; but it might be difficult to get many entries for that.

Environments are fun easy and fast, but many artist prolly think otherwise since 80% of the art here is characters so i don't think that would work.
What might work is a collab thread, like someone starts out with an abstract painting of color blobs, another will take this image and alter it, another will try and make up some objects out of the color blobs, another will render these, anoter will do some more adjustments etc, etc.
The finished work could be posted on the art101 account with all the participating artists in the comments.

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-24 10:24:23

Yeah, I saw Brave on Friday, I enjoyed it.
And I'm so pumped for Monsters University.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-24 10:39:11

on the subject of pixar:
this is brilliant

Art Forum Lounge

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-24 10:50:02

At 6/24/12 10:25 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
They say Ice Age: continental drift is gonna be bad.
I actually liked most of the movies.

Dreamworks are just in it for the money, i felt that the first one was very grounded in some form of reality and played out very good, but as the series progressed it just got worse and worse due to it getting silly, its like nightmare on elm street series of films, it began as a competent horror movie and by the 5th film Freddie was rapping, it just diverged from the elements that made it good, and no doubt the next ice age will do the same, I'm not bad mouthing Dreamworks though, they have great conceptual ideas, but they ruin it by adding pop-culture references and try to make a big deal by adding B-list celebrities to please their executives, their creative side is great, however, their ulterior motives to make money are seriously corroding their credibility.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-24 11:51:57

At 6/24/12 10:52 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 6/24/12 10:50 AM, M-Maher wrote:
Madagascar started to suck since the second movie.

Most sequels can't hold up to the original, however my girlfriend said she enjoyed the third one, much better than the second.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-24 16:54:41

At 6/24/12 11:51 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Most sequels can't hold up to the original, however my girlfriend said she enjoyed the third one, much better than the second.

is that because of Circus Afro?

I'll go find and download a 93 min "trailer" from the dark side of the internet and see if its worth seeing in theaters

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-24 17:36:43

At 6/24/12 04:54 PM, M-Maher wrote:

I'll go find and download a 93 min "trailer" from the dark side of the internet and see if its worth seeing in theaters

Wait like right now? I suppose it's better to know what it's like before wasting your hard earned on something shitty but The bad thing for watching those new movies that just came out in theaters is that there's always a occasion like when one of the people are moving in front of the view of the camera or if there's like interuptions such as it not even focus on the whole screen like sometimes they can't hold the damn thing still.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-06-24 18:12:01

At 6/24/12 05:36 PM, argile wrote:
At 6/24/12 04:54 PM, M-Maher wrote:

Wait like right now? I suppose it's better to know what it's like before wasting your hard earned on something shitty but The bad thing for watching those new movies that just came out in theaters is that there's always a occasion like when one of the people are moving in front of the view of the camera or if there's like interuptions such as it not even focus on the whole screen like sometimes they can't hold the damn thing still.

Yeah i don't want to go into this conversation about specifics because what I do is illegal and is against forum rules to talk about illegal stuff so ill be brief :

Those are cam copies, that's the past, theres a whole other "trailer" system out there that i'm not going to talk about because it's illegal and you should probably not do it.

To learn more: visit your local Darknet