00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheGizmo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

964,219 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-13 14:02:10

At 8/13/10 03:48 AM, M-Vero wrote: I really hope mass art is normal....enough
I can't watch the video cause I don't lie about my age on most sites, but judging from the general reaction, I think I wouldn't want to anyway

I have a friend who transferred over there. She says its a bit easier and much more normal than MICA, worry not.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-13 15:52:33

I'm better than all of you.

Just kidding, I'm the best.

just kidding, ben is gay.
just kidding, we are in a relationship.
just kidding, we're fuck buddies.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-13 16:54:18

Wow, I lose net for a few days and all kinds of stuff goes down.... meh, I'll read Orn's wall of text when I get back to my apartment later.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-13 19:00:37

At 8/13/10 04:54 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Wow, I lose net for a few days and all kinds of stuff goes down.... meh, I'll read Orn's wall of text when I get back to my apartment later.

lol ill get to reading it when i have more time.
anyways, lololwut?

"... police in Western New York pulled over Gary Korkuc for blowing off a stop sign on Sunday, they found a live cat in his trunk, covered in cooking oil, peppers, and salt." More lulz ensue.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-13 19:31:24

Speaking of car incidents, this happened the other day over here.
In summary, the kid bragged about going 140kmph in a 40kmph zone on facebook, the police tracked him down through pictures of his car on facebook, and he got pwned.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-13 20:08:47

At 8/13/10 07:00 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: lol ill get to reading it when i have more time.
anyways, lololwut?

Here in my country, it's legal to eat dogs. I mean dogs are tastier than any meat I've ever tasted. I don't know about cats though. I mean you'll have a hard time plucking all the fur out. It's not illegal in my country either. I wonder what they taste like anyway?

Tastes like chicken! - The average American.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-13 20:13:10

At 8/13/10 08:08 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: I don't know about cats though. I wonder what they taste like anyway?

Don't even think about it, or else I murder you.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-13 20:20:25

At 8/13/10 08:13 PM, Felis wrote:
At 8/13/10 08:08 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: I don't know about cats though. I wonder what they taste like anyway?

Sheesh Felis, I didn't say I'll actually do it. I also have a fetish when it comes to cats so no.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-13 20:26:19

At 8/13/10 08:20 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 8/13/10 08:13 PM, Felis wrote:
Sheesh Felis, I didn't say I'll actually do it.

All in good fun, now.

I like humans too much to kill one.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-13 20:26:21

At 8/13/10 08:08 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 8/13/10 07:00 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: lol ill get to reading it when i have more time.
anyways, lololwut?
Here in my country, it's legal to eat dogs. I mean dogs are tastier than any meat I've ever tasted. I don't know about cats though. I mean you'll have a hard time plucking all the fur out. It's not illegal in my country either. I wonder what they taste like anyway?
Tastes like chicken! - The average American.

What country are you from, 50? Your profile just says "to the east," which indicates Asia, but where?
I honestly don't think I could eat dog or cat. I have no problem that people in other cultures do it, but I've raised dogs and cats from infancy. I feel too intimate with them.
In all honesty, though, you're the first I've ever seen say dog tastes good. I've heard it tastes pretty nasty.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-13 20:31:45

At 8/13/10 08:26 PM, Luxembourg wrote: What country are you from, 50? Your profile just says "to the east," which indicates Asia, but where?
I honestly don't think I could eat dog or cat. I have no problem that people in other cultures do it, but I've raised dogs and cats from infancy. I feel too intimate with them.
In all honesty, though, you're the first I've ever seen say dog tastes good. I've heard it tastes pretty nasty.

None other than the Phillipines! This place is full of strangeness. I mean we also eat fertilized duck eggs, or balut. And yes, dog meat is very spicy and sweet as well. But I don't eat it too often though.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-13 22:49:35

Saw expendables today.
Breakdown.
Plot, could have fit on a post-it note.
EVERYTHING NOT ACTIONY, meh
EVERYTHING ACTIONY, holy crap its like rambo on steroids
Conversation with arnold was totally pointless and was only there to cram one more action star in there.
Steve Austin cannot act, but he can stand there and be intimidating, which is what he did most of the movie.
And sylvester stallone still only has 2 expressions, pissed and less pissed.
9/10

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-13 23:25:20

At 8/13/10 08:20 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Sheesh Felis, I didn't say I'll actually do it. I also have a fetish when it comes to cats so no.

... umm okay
but really, you ate dog?
obviously (like cats) people eat it, but im kinda disappointed. thats sick :P
so really, was it tasty? comparitive to other meat (disregarding the chicken joke) how does it taste?
and also, what country are you from?

*looks at puppy with hunger in eyes* ^TT^ w-wait....

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-13 23:26:21

At 8/13/10 11:25 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 8/13/10 08:20 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Sheesh Felis, I didn't say I'll actually do it. I also have a fetish when it comes to cats so no.
useless barrage of questions.

DAMNIT! stupid laggity lag.
ignore above post of uselessness.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-14 00:14:00

man... I really feel like a comic book nerd right now...
I was over at bookmans, looking threw comics..... and organizing them in chronological order....
yes..... on my knees (somewhat sexual) organizing comics, that I had little intentions to buy....

I-I think I need help.....

Also I'm going over there tomorrow for their superhero day :P

not dressing up though....

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-14 00:28:22

I just watched Scott Pilgrim VS The World
Solid film, filmed in Toronto (woot woot).
Great use of retro nostalgia, and the fight scenes were awesome.
Solid film, 9/10

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-14 00:33:47

At 8/13/10 11:25 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: ... umm okay
but really, you ate dog?
obviously (like cats) people eat it, but im kinda disappointed. thats sick :P
so really, was it tasty? comparitive to other meat (disregarding the chicken joke) how does it taste?
and also, what country are you from?

I already told you people. I'm from the Philippines. And dog meat has a sweet and spicy taste even without seasonings. I don't eat it that much, but I say it tastes better than chicken.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-14 00:38:18

At 8/14/10 12:33 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: I already told you people. I'm from the Philippines. And dog meat has a sweet and spicy taste even without seasonings. I don't eat it that much, but I say it tastes better than chicken.

Nothing Taste better than chicken.... cause everything taste like chicken !

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-14 00:38:44

At 8/14/10 12:33 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: I already told you people. I'm from the Philippines. And dog meat has a sweet and spicy taste even without seasonings. I don't eat it that much, but I say it tastes better than chicken.

sorry, i know. i posted afterwards saying to disregard that post, maybe you didnt see it
lol sorry again :P

*kicks self*

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-14 00:39:53

I never understood why people thought it was so weird that people eat what we'd consider pets in other parts of the world.
We eat rabbit, why does no one find this strange, but dogs and cats are a nono.
In some parts of the world, people eat this thing, would you look at this and say it's food?

only to find out it tastes like gym shorts and fetuses

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-14 00:45:01

At 8/14/10 12:39 AM, M-Vero wrote: I never understood why people thought it was so weird that people eat what we'd consider pets in other parts of the world.
We eat rabbit, why does no one find this strange, but dogs and cats are a nono.
In some parts of the world, people eat this thing, would you look at this and say it's food?
only to find out it tastes like gym shorts and fetuses

Ah cool! You eat rabbit? I ate one of those at some point and they have soft and tender meat. I mean hunters eat them all the time. And that's a durian. Also a native fruit at my country. It smells disgusting but it's very tasty. And no, it doesn't cause bad breath. There is also a "Durian Candy" manufactured here.

Geez, I did not know how weird we were in the eyes of other countries.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-14 01:01:04

It's like the pineapples badass cousin

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-14 01:04:40

At 8/14/10 12:45 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: And that's a durian. Also a native fruit at my country. It smells disgusting but it's very tasty. And no, it doesn't cause bad breath. There is also a "Durian Candy" manufactured here.
Geez, I did not know how weird we were in the eyes of other countries.

I can't make myself eat those because every time the extended family cracks one open, I have to go to the other side of the house purely because of the smell. But I've tried durian chocolate, which, might I say, is quite possibly the worst thing ever in the world.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-14 01:06:19

At 8/14/10 01:01 AM, M-Vero wrote: It's like the pineapples badass cousin

I'd say. People are said to die if one of these things fell on your head or body. When these things get too heavy, they fall of the trees without warning. Many head injuries were due to this fruit.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-14 01:44:45

At 8/14/10 01:22 AM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: just letting you guys know.....ive missed you.
and heres a gift

How kind of you...

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-14 07:43:32

Rabbit is delicious. Absolutely fantastic.

They say a more the rabbit is loved, the more tender the meat becomes.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-14 08:47:26

At 8/14/10 12:39 AM, M-Vero wrote: I never understood why people thought it was so weird that people eat what we'd consider pets in other parts of the world.

I've already explained why I personally couldn't eat dogs or cats, and I think that goes for why people think it's weird. Lots of us have dogs or cats, and have raised them, so we feel too attached to those species to eat them.
I don't think it's weird that other cultures eat them, though. They don't look at them the same way, and people should understand that.

Another reason people sometimes give is that dogs and cats are predators. Humans usually don't eat other predators. Almost all other food we eat is herbivorous.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-14 09:12:44

At 8/14/10 01:06 AM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 8/14/10 01:01 AM, M-Vero wrote: It's like the pineapples badass cousin
I'd say. People are said to die if one of these things fell on your head or body. When these things get too heavy, they fall of the trees without warning. Many head injuries were due to this fruit.

I'd be pissed if I got killed by a durian.

I've heard that a few places have banned that fruit because it smells so bad. It defies logic, how it supposedly tastes good but smells terrible, considering most of the complicated taste stuff is handled by scent.

At 8/13/10 10:49 PM, M-Vero wrote:
And sylvester stallone still only has 2 expressions, pissed and less pissed.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-14 10:48:22

At 8/14/10 07:43 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Rabbit is delicious. Absolutely fantastic.
They say a more the rabbit is loved, the more tender the meat becomes.

Yea rabbit is really delicious, we eat it occasionally on christmas or in autumn.

I once ate horse. But it wasn't very good. :/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-14 17:01:09

At 8/14/10 10:48 AM, Kamikaye wrote: Yea rabbit is really delicious, we eat it occasionally on christmas or in autumn.

I like to eat rabbit on easter.