00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Go vote for the people you like!

32,115 Views | 159 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 05:18:51

Alien Hominid HD has been nominated for several official XBLA awards, direct from Microsoft! Go check out the nominees and vote for your favorites. AH is a nominee for Best Overall Arcade Game and Best Cooperative Multiplayer Game.

While I'm plugging AH, I might as well mention that we've launched a new Behemoth Store, complete with the sought after Castle Crashers figures we sold at PAX this past year!

The IGF Audience Award voting has begun! This year, two NG regulars are finalists in the competition. Edmund and Florian (Komix) have been nominated for best web game with Tri-Achnid and Tommunism is up for the technical excellence award for his XNA title, Goo! They are both eligible for the Audience Award, which is what everyone has to go vote on NOW!!!

Skye from XGen has posted an announcement about their upcoming WiiWare title! XGen pioneered the Flash defense game genre with Defend Your Castle, but they are also well known for Stick RPG, Stick Arena, and of course, Fishy!

Bob announced a new shirt, available in the store.

If you haven't yet, be sure to check out Mastermind 2 and Tankmen .5... In the games department, you can't miss Fancy Pants Adventure: World 2, Sonny, Cursor*10 and Paladin!

Speaking of Paladin, Jazza has posted some drawing tutorials and has hinted to his next game. And go congratulate DRNeroCF on the release of Fancy Pants 2! He spent two years on it and has created a shining example of what Flash games should be. Krinn also deserves lots of love for Sonny, which has a bright future ahead of it!

Luis just celebrated his birthday on Saturday, and RageVI announced he'll be turning 21... In March.

I'm rattling off random things about the community because I don't really have much to say other than some of the plugs above. I spent my day programming animal friends for CC and now I'm gonna crash. TTYL

Ooooh one last thing... We've been discussing Pico Day this year, and we are strongly considering opening it up to more NG-original characters. The reasons for this are:

1. People have talked a lot about having a "Newgrounds Day", but it feels really mastabatory to have TWO days a year where people make stuff dedicated to NG, as much as I love it.

2. COnsidering I still haven't released Pico 2, I'm worried making games and movies about Pico every year will get really played out.

3. A broader range of material could make the whole day more exciting and hopefully get a lot more people involved.

So.... I was thinking the options would be:

1. Pico (and friends)
2. The Bots (P-Bot, A-Bot, etc.)
3. The dudes from Dad 'n Me and Chainsaw the Children
4. Tankmen

We're gonna save Samurai A-hole and Alien Hominid for another year... But you're welcome to include them as guest appearances.

Everyone cool with that?

Pico Day will be April 30th, 2008... If you aren't familiar, check out Pico Day 2006 and Pico Day 2007!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 05:21:38

Cool I will vote.

BBS Signature

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 05:24:21

At 1/22/08 05:18 AM, TomFulp wrote:
3. A broader range of material could make the whole day more exciting and hopefully get a lot more people involved.

So.... I was thinking the options would be:

1. Pico (and friends)
4. Tankmen

Oooh wonderful wonderful.

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 05:28:38

That's good, sure why not? I'll vote in.

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 05:30:19

Why not, ill vote.

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 05:31:37

vote l shall vote

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 05:33:00

At 1/22/08 05:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: Tankmen .5

I watched it. It wasn't worth the time it took to load.

wolf piss

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 05:41:02

At 1/22/08 05:33 AM, LordZeebmork wrote:
At 1/22/08 05:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: Tankmen .5
I watched it. It wasn't worth the time it took to load.

Unfortunately, I've got to agree. It wasn't as good as it could've been.

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 05:41:40

Whatever you say, great creator of Newgrounds...

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 05:52:11

Ooooh one last thing... We've been discussing Pico Day this year, and we are strongly considering opening it up to more NG-original characters.

I was thinking the options would be:

1. Pico (and friends)
4. Tankmen

So... is Pico day 2008 gonna be "Newgrounds" day with the above mentioned charaters? Or did you discus 2009?

I'm confused what to draw now :(

Okay, okay... something funny... something funny.... hmmm.... which quote am I most likely to get away with as my own?... I KNOW!!! "I eat my own shit!" - The local homeless

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 05:52:58

You get the vote for best overall, but the best multiplayer I've ever seen in a XBLA game is Aegis Wing XD

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 05:57:34

AAHHH!!!! LINKS!!!!!!!!!! Must click them all!!!!!!!!!!

But aside from that, this new expansion thing for Pico Day will surely help me out in picking what the hell I'm gonna do!

BBS Signature

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 06:27:42

Yet another year that will go by where I won't do anything for Pico Day or any Newgrounds based holiday celebration. :[

Oh well..

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 06:38:26

I really need to get an X-box to play Alien Alien Hominid HD

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 06:45:07

At 1/22/08 05:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: Alien Hominid HD has been nominated for several official XBLA awards, direct from Microsoft! Go check out the nominees and vote for your favorites. AH is a nominee for Best Overall Arcade Game and Best Cooperative Multiplayer Game.

I'll vote for Alien Hominid for two reasons: 1) I want to support my comrades; 2) since I don't have a XBox I'll vote based on the version here, although they're completely different.
Will you be at the 2008 Game Developers Conference to see the winners?

While I'm plugging AH, I might as well mention that we've launched a new Behemoth Store, complete with the sought after Castle Crashers figures we sold at PAX this past year!

And when is our new store coming out?

The IGF Audience Award voting has begun! This year, two NG regulars are finalists in the competition. Edmund and Florian (Komix) have been nominated for best web game with Tri-Achnid and Tommunism is up for the technical excellence award for his XNA title, Goo! They are both eligible for the Audience Award, which is what everyone has to go vote on NOW!!!

More votes? Ok, I think it won't hurt supporting more friends.

Skye from XGen has posted an announcement about their upcoming WiiWare title! XGen pioneered the Flash defense game genre with Defend Your Castle, but they are also well known for Stick RPG, Stick Arena, and of course, Fishy!

I saw that news post while it was on the front page. I know them more for Defend Your Castle than any other game.

Bob announced a new shirt, available in the store.

I saw it too. It looks good, but there should be different colours available rather than just light-blue.

If you haven't yet, be sure to check out Mastermind 2 and Tankmen .5... In the games department, you can't miss Fancy Pants Adventure: World 2, Sonny, Cursor*10 and Paladin!

I got most of them while they were still under judjement. My favourite one from these is FPA: World 2.

And go congratulate DRNeroCF on the release of Fancy Pants 2! He spent two years on it and has created a shining example of what Flash games should be.

Two years? I didn't knew that! That's what I call dedication

Ooooh one last thing... We've been discussing Pico Day this year, and we are strongly considering opening it up to more NG-original characters. The reasons for this are:
2. Considering I still haven't released Pico 2, I'm worried making games and movies about Pico every year will get really played out.

Will you ever release Pico 2?

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 07:04:25

Those Castle Crasher figurines look awesome!!

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 07:08:21

I'm gonna go vote for Ah now.

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 07:10:12

Sweet!
I voted for Tri-Achnid!

Also, when is the new store coming out?
I can't wait!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 07:20:07

At 1/22/08 05:18 AM, TomFulp wrote:
and RageVI announced he'll be turning 21... In March.
I'm rattling off random things about the community because I don't really have much to say other than some of the plugs above.

Haha... This came completely unexpectedly. You're really reaching deep, Tom -- It's in March! That's why we love you. I admit you are keeping closer tabs on the community than I thought.

Anyway, all the games mentioned above are incredible in their own merits. They've all got my my vote. It's an exciting time for Newgrounds. It sure would be nice to have a couple more awards under your belt. Just make sure to plug Newgrounds as much as you can along the way.

BBS Signature

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 07:24:35

go and fuck yourself! :D

kidding lol... :P

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 07:37:49

A "Newgrounds Day"...
Sounds interesting, fun and awesome!! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 07:47:00

voting...

T3hParty is amazing, do not hesitate, join!

BBS Signature

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 08:00:19

I'm not voting.

I'm such a rebel :o

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 08:25:34

Hurray, I hope Alien hominid wins everything! good for RageIV, and fuck the writers strike!! or is that already over?

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 08:40:10

that great news, and I voted. hope they win!!!

I love hunting for Blam points!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 09:22:01

Thank you for participating in the voting for the Best Xbox Live Arcade games of 2007! We will be announcing the winners at the 2008 Game Developers Conference in San Francisco in February.

Good luck.

BBS Signature

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 09:25:54

Great, bro.
I will Vote....

Prakash

BBS Signature

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 09:32:42

At 1/22/08 05:20 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: I think I got the first post.

So? Want a candy for it?

BBS Signature

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 10:35:12

Sounds good with a little variety. So is it gonna be called "NG day" then, or is it still Pico-day?

Wakka wakka

Response to Go vote for the people you like! 2008-01-22 10:41:52

Great post, because it lists it all; great submissions, merch and, plus Pico (and other characters I see) Day! I might have to call off a sequel to my only submission for something Dad n' Me, or mix them up. Cool...

Visiting Newgrounds Since 2003

BBS Signature