00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cloverfield seen (spoilers)

29,507 Views | 90 Replies

Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 00:29:35

SPOILER WARNING!!!
SPOILER WARNING!!!
SPOILER WARNING!!!
SPOILER WARNING!!!
SPOILER WARNING!!!
SPOILER WARNING!!!
SPOILER WARNING!!!
SPOILER WARNING!!!

I just saw cloverfield with my brother, who just made a smaller shitty thread.

That's right, I got to see it before you Americans do.
Now, what went on:
Starts out like it does in the trailer, they're all getting ready for the main guy's going away party
and his friend is filming everything so he can watch it when he gets to japan. The main character turns up and it's all party and laughs for about 10 minutes. Then everything goes abit emo when
his girlfriend/old friend/whatever comes in with another guy beacuse he never rang her or whatever...anyways.
He, his brother and the filmer are in his room being emo and suddenly BANG!
There's an earthquake like thing and all the lights flicker on and off. Everyone is screaming and
saying stupid shit. They turn on the news just to see some crap about earthquake reports and a big oil tanker that just blew up in the harbour. They decide to go up to the roof beacuse some dork goes
"oh hey, that's close, lets go look"
So the fucktards go up to the roof and shit is exploding and fireballs are fucking everything up.
They freak out and run out to the street and the statue of libertie's head flys past, building fall over, they run around like idiots.
Then you see your first glimpse of the monster.
The face actually looks like it does when you mirror the poster, so I guess that wasn't bullshit.

So they freak out some more and run around. Just remember all of this is filmed with
a small handycam, so think blair witch but actually good.
They decide to try and cross the bridge to safety, half way across the monster destroys it and the main character's brother dies, infact, he's the first to die straigt up out of all the poeple on the bridge.
Owned.
The camera guy throws out one liners and alot of actual funny lines. They meet the military, they're
geting fucking destroyed and nothing is even scratching the monster, at this point they're using tanks and rocket launhers.
So our gang runs down into the subway and everyone freaks out for abit beacuse people are dying and his mum rings and he has to tell her his brother died, ich is actually pretty sad.
They decide to walk the lines out of the city. Bad idea.
Earlier there was a news report of things dropping off the monster and then attacking people. They look like little star-ship troopers bugs with more legs. So they're in the subway and they start to hear wierd noises and see rat running away so one of the girls goes "Hey! turn on the night vision!".
Aso soon as it's flicked on you see the little things al over the roof, so... "Run, RUN!!"
They get attacked, the camera man's love intrest gets bitten, they escape all alvive.

Ok, breather...

They escape to a little side room and are just freaking out, making jokes and looking out bad the bite is. Then the gang decides to go outside and they come up in a shopping center of ome sort, meet the military and are fine for about five minutes. People are screaming and hurt and some soldier gets wheeled past witha burst open chest.
The girl who got bitten then started bleeding from everwhere. The doctors freak out and drag her behind a curtain, you see her expand, then BAM, blood explodsion. Totaly awesome.
So they freak out some more and decide to go try and rescure the main character's girlfriend, wich is the only reason the stupid fuckers are still in the city.
One of the army guys lets them go and tells them to be back by 0600 to get the chopper out before the city is nuked.
They walk around some more, see the monster some more.
They get there and find her building is destroyed mostly and is leaning onto another so they decide
to climb the good one and find a way over to the girlfriend's place.
Well, they do and they find her on her floor, with a steel rod through her shoulder. They take her back and on the way the main character takes some time to be awesome and kill one of the bug things with a fire axe.
The monster comes over and hits the building and makes them freak out and run abit more.
They get to the chopper and one of the gang gets to go, the rest have to wait for the next one.
DUN DUN DUH!
So the monster is closing in and the next chopper comes and picks them up, they floy off abit.
You see the monster walking around making sure shit is ruined and a bomber comes and hits it afew times. There's smoke, celebrations.
Then it jumps out of the smoke, sitll ok and chomps the chopper, screaming, crash.
The three remaiing people survive atill pretty much unhurt appart from a broken leg, the piolots are fucked. I guess the crashed in centeral park.
Then as they're walking, suddenly the girlfriend screams, camera guy turns around and there it is. You get a really good look at it, up and down. Then he gets mauled and it walks off. The main character picks up the camera and they run abit more. They take shelter under a little bridge and cry, record thier last words, then the bomb goes off.
END!

Ok so afew things:
-The monster is hard to describe. It's got four arms, two are comming out of it's chest. A big tail and two legs. It's head has two expandy looking sacks on it and I guess it breathes through.
The head is kind of a cross between predator and a snapping turtle. You'd have to go see it to get a proper look.

- A TWIST! The only person out of the group to survive is the black girl. I'm not bieng racist at all. It's a fact that the black people usually die first up untill recently. Though I guess they are the first poeple you see looting....so, they didn't get out without some 4chan style giggles.

- It's liek blair witch as in it's supposed to be a recoverd tape so it switches back between the main movie and kis day with his girlfriend in gaps.

- Beacuse it's from the perspective of just some randoms you NEVEr find out what the hell it is. You NEVER find out where it came from and the move ends when the bombs go off you you don't know if it died. I smell a sequal or book...or something.

All in all I give it a 7.5 wins out of 10.

I probably haven't explained very well so ask questions ad I'll try to fill in gaps.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 00:32:36

Also , Ron, my thread is better than everyone elses. So ha.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 00:35:15

At 1/17/08 12:29 AM, Enoll wrote: The only person out of the group to survive is the black girl...

So what you're saying is it's too far fetched, don't bother seeing it then.

BBS Signature

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 00:35:48

At 1/17/08 12:32 AM, Enoll wrote: Also , Ron, my thread is better than everyone elses. So ha.

and you say fuck alot, which makes it cooler.

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 00:35:55

At 1/17/08 12:32 AM, Enoll wrote: Also , Ron, my thread is better than everyone elses. So ha.

Well.....You spaced your comma!

Ha! I win Mr. Enoll!

I'm so lonely....

Eeeyup~

BBS Signature

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 00:36:33

At 1/17/08 12:35 AM, THEJamoke wrote:
At 1/17/08 12:29 AM, Enoll wrote: The only person out of the group to survive is the black girl...

No, it was just a suprise considering most of the other the other hollywood movies.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 00:38:40

What's all the fuss about this movie? I don't understand the hype. It seems like another generic Hollywood block-buster.

"If you had what normal men had, I wouldn't need batteries anymore!"

BBS Signature

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 00:39:51

At 1/17/08 12:39 AM, Skybolt-DX wrote: I'm going to have to write you up for your inappropriateness.

I know, isnt it?

BBS Signature

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 00:40:36

Suck. Ass. Movie.

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 00:47:40

At 1/17/08 12:40 AM, Unlimited-Access wrote: Suck. Ass. Movie.

I'm sorry but steven Segal wasn't in this one.
Fucking mouth breather.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 00:48:15

I'm hoping to see this soon. From what you've explained it seems pretty good.
Though it's a bit disappointing you don't get to find out about the origins of the monster.

This signature makes use of various clichés and/or 'emotional' lyrics/quotes, hopefully it makes me appear deep.

BBS Signature

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 00:49:23

You are not entitled to an opinion on the BBS anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 00:50:41

At 1/17/08 12:36 AM, Enoll wrote:
At 1/17/08 12:35 AM, THEJamoke wrote:
No, it was just a suprise considering most of the other the other hollywood movies.

Hollywood has been surprising me over the last few years, allowing us colored folk to survive in an action thriller. Taye Diggs in House on Haunted Hill, the chick in Alien vs. Predator and what have you. It's almost sad to me to see such a time honored tradition/stereotype begin to pass, but progress is progress.

Regardless, I still cannot wait to see it. I've been waiting patiently for while for it's release. Since before it even had a title and it was simply referred to as "Untitled Project." My curiosity has been building.

There's. Always. One. Jackass. In. Every. Thread. Who. Thinks. His. Opinion. Will. Make. A. Difference. By. Typing. The. Way. William. Shatner. Speaks.

BBS Signature

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 00:52:08

At 1/17/08 12:48 AM, Oppugnant wrote: I'm hoping to see this soon. From what you've explained it seems pretty good.

It's better than I've said it is most likely, I'm just jaded when it comes to all but the best good movies.
I mean come on, I work in a good video store.

Though it's a bit disappointing you don't get to find out about the origins of the monster.

Yeah, that kind of got to me too but I guess it worked in the way they told the story.
Like I said, sequel, book or TV show.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 00:53:29

So, why is this called Cloverfield?

And this movie sounds as short as my post.

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 00:57:10

At 1/17/08 12:53 AM, The-Omnipresence wrote: So, why is this called Cloverfield?

Well from what I heard, Cloverlifeld is the government code
for alien or something along those lines. Though that person could have been wrong
wich is also entierly possible. I'm pretty sure they don't even say cloverfield in the movie
Nothing is explained.

And this movie sounds as short as my post.

It goes for, I think, 106 minutes.
I just left some of the boring bits out.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 00:57:57

What a strange film

"It isn't that democrats are ignorant. Far from it. it's just that they know so much that just isn't so"

Ronald Reagan

Proud supporter of the Dinosaur Conspiracy Theory

BBS Signature

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 00:59:45

Anyone wanna make a MS paint thing of the monster? I can't make a picture of the monster in my head from words :(

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 01:08:34

I really hadn't planned to see it, but knowing the story to one of the more hyped up films doesn't hurt. The ending you described was a bit weird. Why would they record their last words if the nuke was probably going to destroy the camera? Was there anything to show that it would have survived undamaged? And I don't think you specified but did the nuke definitely destroy the monster or did they leave a possibility that it might have survived?

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 01:12:14

At 1/17/08 01:08 AM, 36Holla wrote: I really hadn't planned to see it, but knowing the story to one of the more hyped up films doesn't hurt. The ending you described was a bit weird. Why would they record their last words if the nuke was probably going to destroy the camera? Was there anything to show that it would have survived undamaged? And I don't think you specified but did the nuke definitely destroy the monster or did they leave a possibility that it might have survived?

And never mind the last question about whether you know if it died or not. I missed that part in the OP.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 01:14:04

At 1/17/08 01:08 AM, 36Holla wrote: And I don't think you specified but did the nuke definitely destroy the monster or did they leave a possibility that it might have survived?

They left it open, all you know is that they bombed the city and the monster was in the city.
Though it did survive all other attack unhurt.

The little bugs die alot, you even see some army guys carting off a dead one quickly in a containment case just before the girl explodes in blood.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 01:16:58

Ok, lets try a better description since I can't draw to save my life and neither can my brother.
It looks like one of the aliens from the movie signs, hunched over, with a manta ray stuck on the back, an extra set of gangly chest arms and the head I described in the first post.
It looked aroughly the size of the statie of liberty.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 01:24:13

That sounds like the weirdest fucking monster ever. D:

BBS Signature

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 01:24:32

At 1/17/08 01:18 AM, beanieclock wrote: were there any scenes with the names "teddy" and "jamie" mentioned? if so, when?

Jamie is the name of the main character, teddy though, I don't remember it.
The camera guy's name is Hud.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 01:26:22

Is this what the monster looks like?\

If so, I need to see this movie.

Now.

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 01:26:35

At 1/17/08 12:29 AM, Enoll wrote:
I just saw cloverfield with my brother, who just made a smaller shitty thread.

That's right, I got to see it before you Americans do.

Not exactly I saw it yesterday.

Follow my Artstigram

BBS Signature

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 01:53:52

Will there be pics?

Asdf

BBS Signature

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 02:01:33

At 1/17/08 01:53 AM, Chiklay4 wrote: Will there be pics?

I was going to take some, but they had high security and if you were caught you would be kicked out and fined alot of money. They were very serious they even had night vision goggles

but hey you can look at my gay sketch of what I remember the monsters head looking like :D

Cloverfield seen (spoilers)

Follow my Artstigram

BBS Signature

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 02:27:58

At 1/17/08 02:01 AM, MoriChax wrote: but hey you can look at my gay sketch of what I remember the monsters head looking like :D

I'd beat.

BBS Signature

Response to Cloverfield seen (spoilers) 2008-01-17 03:02:39

At 1/17/08 01:26 AM, AngryBanana wrote: Is this what the monster looks like?\

That is pretty much it, probably a concept sketch.
The big claws are abit smaller, the back is alot smoother and those puffy things on it's
head are up more. Plus the face looks more turtle than that.
The bottom picture is abit closer than the second but it does thave those extra arms.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE