00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Altongoodbottle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Recommended Musicians thread

1,089 Views | 11 Replies

The Recommended Musicians thread 2008-01-15 03:39:46

So the Underdog List has gotten incredibly spammy as of late, and I think it's time for a new thread. This will be pretty much the same concept, but I'll lay down some ground rules:

1) Absolutely NO recommending yourself.
None. That's what the Audio Advertisements thread is for. Recommending yourself here will get you hated upon and generally ignored.

2) Each post must contain an artist recommendation.
General chit-chat about previous posts is allowed, but link to a new musician as well. If you can't think of any off the top of your head, search the portal! There's tons of undiscovered artists out there.

3) You can link to a profile, a song, or both!

4) Rule 10.

This thread was made so that we can all expand our NG horizons. Too many of us are focused on ourselves, our own songs, and getting people to vote on our songs. Be an active member! Vote around! Support the community, and the community will support you in return. :D

Alright, I'll kick things off.

Sorohanro - This guy's from Romania, and he plays a mean trumpet! This song is one of my favourites, it's reminiscent of a film noir scene. He's one of the best I've ever heard in the Jazz genre :)

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Recommended Musicians thread 2008-01-15 03:55:20

I recommend Senor Quarl his best and probably sassiest work isBattle of ze Robots a great track with laughs in every slice. Or something. Working from years as a drummer and then deciding to screw film and started making songs in a film class for 40 minutes every morning.

His style while still budding is distinct, and you can often hear different influences upon his ears, his sweet virgin ears.

MORE OF HIS NOISES!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Recommended Musicians thread 2008-01-15 04:10:46

BBS Signature

Response to The Recommended Musicians thread 2008-01-15 04:13:35

Since this is "Recommended Musicians" and not "Underdog", does that mean they still have to be underdogs, or could this be a place where inexperienced artists could come and find links to decent artists, regardless of their status.

Anyway, I recomment fatkidwitajetpack. lol, jk (Well, rule 4 is rule 10. Wait, rule 4 = rule 10...? *has seizure*)

Ok, I nominate Rig. He's well known, but, he hasn't been on the front page or the top 5. Also, I don't listen to all that many artists here, most are well known. Listen to second to none or you could listen to egg sucker for lulz.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Recommended Musicians thread 2008-01-15 04:20:25

Yesss, this is how the original thread should have been. I listened to that track, really great stuff man. I'm gonna download/ check out some more of that kids work later. In anycase, I'd like to throw two users out there into the spot light. They aren't as amazing as some, but I think they've earned merit enough through other actions.

The first I'm recommending is newcomer to newgrounds TheLobsterman

I like him, because when I first found him here, he was submitting songs made entirely out of garage band loops. I warned him about submitting those kinds of tracks and helped him learn how to make original tracks using garage band with out using samples. I haven't heard an electronic track out of him since i've given him the advice, but he's recording his own work now and he isn't using samples. I think the path he's following now is so much better. He's a talented musician with sax skills like no other. Here's a song by him featuring his saxing. Gah, I wish he'd sax me up... no homo.

Song for my Father

The next artist I'd like to nominate is my best friend in real life, Trinin

While his work doesn't really sound that good, I'd have to blame the mic he uses. He records everything using his macs built in mic. If he could afford better equipment...well... actualy, how much better does punk/hard core music sound with good equipment anyways? Most his stuff is really hard, and really raw. Like,... RAW....

He's a great guy, with a great heart, and he has a serious love for music. He's helped me with tracks before (basicly, any song with a REAL guitar in it is him) and he regulars newgrounds everyday (though he doesn't post in the threads.) He loves reviews, and he checks everyday for new ones. Please stop by his page and give him some love.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Recommended Musicians thread 2008-01-15 06:39:52

Well if it doesn't have to be an underdog, and you haven't heard him already, check out MaestroRage. Probably the best Classical producer on the site, in my opinion.

And Waterflame's -Hospital-

BBS Signature

Response to The Recommended Musicians thread 2008-01-15 08:52:46

At 1/15/08 04:13 AM, WritersBlock wrote: Since this is "Recommended Musicians" and not "Underdog", does that mean they still have to be underdogs, or could this be a place where inexperienced artists could come and find links to decent artists, regardless of their status.

Well, you CAN link to well-known artists I suppose. But if they've been linked to recently, don't post another one. That goes for the lesser known musicians as well. Otherwise this will turn into a glorified "Who's your favourite musician?" thread.

I'd like to introduce you to SyTeQ. He does electro. He does it well. Very well.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Recommended Musicians thread 2008-01-15 08:56:27

I have not mad any friends on ng
So I cant recommend anyone lol

Response to The Recommended Musicians thread 2008-01-15 09:01:45

Response to The Recommended Musicians thread 2008-01-15 09:32:30

Nice idea Rig, even though you really didn't come up with it, although your strove to make your own thread.

I nominate Gregathol

Although he hasn't uploaded anything new in the past year, I still think he is a really underrated artist. His contrast through his music is quite amazing, from hard drumn'bass industrial, to soft ambient soundscapes.

I Dreamnt I Dined with a Deadman is an amazing work of his. Simple melodies combined with nice drum programming.

Lack Of is a really nice ambient piece, which still to today is one of my favorite ambient songs and chord progressions.

Those are only a few of his ambient pieces. He also has many drumn'bass pieces which are damn fine if I don't say so myself.

So I recommend gregathol a true underrated NGer

Response to The Recommended Musicians thread 2008-01-15 10:18:58

Another list horraay!...well, my suggestion is this song. It's nice power metal and that guy has an incredible voice talent! go check it out.

Response to The Recommended Musicians thread 2008-01-15 10:40:34

Wakka wakka