00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ThomasBlack0001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help with effect

766 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Help with effect 2007-10-26 17:45:37

What is the name of the effect on Audacity, when I want the audio to sound like it's from another room? Like blurred out.

Play my epic RPG - The Awakening - and your life will change forever!

... but I'm legally obligated not to say that.

Response to Help with effect 2007-10-26 17:50:56

You can't "blur out" audio. Can you try explaining a little better what you want?

Response to Help with effect 2007-10-26 17:56:35

I don't know how to explain it really... Imagine a sound, but having it sounds like it comes from another room. It's like...not as clear as if it happened in the same room as you.

Response to Help with effect 2007-10-26 18:07:15

Reverb? Echo? That may be it...

Or what you would want is a filter, do you mean like, making it sound far away or like if it's playing in a nightclub and you're walking past it?

Response to Help with effect 2007-10-26 18:12:45

What I'd do is put some reverb on with a preset like "medium room" or something, turn the dry signal down a lot, then run it through a bit of lowpass filtering. You're using Audacity? Get Reaper. You can load any VST you want in there, AND you can do sequencing and automation! :D

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Help with effect 2007-10-26 18:30:31

Thanks RigAudio! I'll try out Reaper, and the stuff you suggested was what I was looking for! ^^
And yeah SBB, like walking outside a nighclub, that sound was the effect I was looking for. But i found it.