00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flash files not loading?

13,507 Views | 159 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 08:03:14

I still have some users emailing me that when they try to view a movie or game on Newgrounds.com their download will fail part of the way through. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, please email me and let me know or respond to this front page post. It seems to mainly be happening to users with dial up connections, so please let us know what kind of connection you have if you are having this problem. Also information about your operating system, web browser and version would also be helpful.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 08:10:10

Sometimes, after I have been online for a while, the movies won't load all the way anymore, and I have to restart my computer so they dl properly again.

I have windows ME and I'm on ADSL, that's about all I know as far as the internet goes.

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 08:15:36

I get the problem. I'm on AOL 56K, WinXP and IE6. I'm prepared to accept AOL is the problem.

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 08:18:34

yes i get that problem ievery time i try and look at a movie or game i have to re click on veiw this movie/game, also are you changing stuff on NG at the moment things keep cocking up, and there are runtime problems on the index page,

also i hate the new look,

-lloyd

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 08:22:09

i have a dsl

i get that to weird, also somethimes, it only shows like that send to a friend link weird

BBS Signature

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 08:22:49

Yeah, I have the same problem. It only used to happen on larger submissions, but it just happened to me on a 300Kish submission. 56k dialup, using Win98. Sometimes have a similar problem when voting on submissions, in that it just won't go through, but I think that's more due to the instability of my connection, or a completely unrelated problem.

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 08:24:45

i have not had any problems with flash movies in the last couple of days apart from the fact that they take a while to load.

it definetely looks like you're sorting things out

ps.who has the most expereience points on Newgrounds?

i saw a guy who was lvl 26 but he was only ranked #14 in exp.

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 08:34:28

Im having trubs.. Dont rush yourself..

56k (dialup - obviously)
Microsoft Windows XP
Global Dial ISP
Internet Explorer 6
Latest Flash Player installed
Latest Shockwave Player installed
Pentium 3
No Kazaa (or P2P filesharing)
STOPzilla 3 pop-up killer
Unsure about Random Access Memory at the moment, sorry

In my rush those are some quick details, not sure what you really wanted to know.. Hopefully things will be working soon..

cheers..

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 08:34:45

yes it stops at 40% . i have dial up, win 98 and internet explore

Flash files not loading?

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 08:42:09

this happens to me all the time. its mostly with ones 500Kb and over. occasionally every movie will load, even the big ones (like 4000kb), but normally i have to sitck with the smaller ones. what happens is they load ok for a while and then the just stop. im a dial up 56k with glowtelecom (were changing to tiscali soon though). i have windows98.

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 08:42:34

At 7/24/03 08:03 AM, WadeFulp wrote: I still have some users emailing me that when they try to view a movie or game on Newgrounds.com their download will fail part of the way through. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, please email me and let me know or respond to this front page post. It seems to mainly be happening to users with dial up connections, so please let us know what kind of connection you have if you are having this problem. Also information about your operating system, web browser and version would also be helpful.

I get that, even on cable. It's not a problem with newgrounds, it's either to do with Flash or the browser. I'm using IE6, and it freezes like that a lot. Especially with big games, like Disorderly.

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 08:45:32

Wade I have that problem as well some movies in the portal do not load at all or fail on me

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 08:46:54

I'm on Win ME and DSL

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 09:14:39

i have NTL Broadbrand and nothing has gone wrong with the files loading up, they just take a while.

ITS NO BIG DEAL

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 09:16:08

i have a 1MB connection

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 09:22:24

yea mine does that from time to time but i just exit out of the site and then go back and reload it then it works again,it used to be way worse then it was

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 09:22:26

alright well I was trying to watch 'The Final Task' and it stopped loading at about 85% I AM using a dial up connection and I have IE 5...soooo ya...thats it...

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 09:36:28

Ok, yeah that happens to me. But I have found a solution. What it used to be is that I would use getright. To get that to work though is a little complicated. What I do now instead is use mozilla. The download will still fail, but unlike Internet Explorer where reloading the page will reload the flash from scratch, in Mozilla it will resume from where it got stuck. So in other words, use mozilla, and every time the download stops, reload the window.

I would thoroughly recommend that any users who have this problem use mozilla to view newgrounds

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 09:42:46

yeah ive had a problem with movies not loading and just showing up white! clearing cookies and temp files temporalily solved it!

im using win xp, ie 6 and an adsl connection

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 09:44:58

At 7/24/03 09:14 AM, Yoda_Jedi_Muppet wrote: i have NTL Broadbrand and nothing has gone wrong with the files loading up, they just take a while.

ITS NO BIG DEAL

haha you dick. way to miss the point entriely. go back to your priveledged lifestyle mummy and daddy bought you.

damn. now I've just ruined the maturity credentials I displayed in my previous post.

oh yeah, and the one downer about mozilla is that it is a lot harder to retrieve the swf's from the cache cos they are all named something like m0zqkyth01llope.swf, as netscape tends to do. But I dunno ng staff would want to promote that anyway. oh and you miss out on the coloured scroll bars too :|
so yeah mozilla, works.

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 09:50:48

At 7/24/03 09:44 AM, evilSan wrote:
haha you dick. way to miss the point entriely. go back to your priveledged lifestyle mummy and daddy bought you.

I agree.. You have no idea what we are dealing with, go back to your big brick house and expensive shit..

damn. now I've just ruined the maturity credentials I displayed in my previous post.

Its okay.. We can make exceptions

I had a flash loading that had an ETA (estimated time of arrival, for the sake of the slow).. After about an hour (just leaving it to load), I come back and it says 'ETA - 48 hours, 27 mintues, something seconds..'

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 10:05:18

Overall the front page and the Flash Portal load faster. However the flash movies have not been loading all the way . I have a dial up connection and I am using IE 6 with service pack one. I hope this has helped.

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 10:10:24

I'm having the same problem with most flash files that are over 1.5/2mb. os is xp pro (so that’s ie 6), with a 56k connection from south east Uk. kbai.

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 10:17:45

ive noticed nothing wrong with NG since any upgrade you guys have made over the years...of corse its probaly cause I had a dsl line at 150kb for a bit then now I have a cable 1.2mb line(running at 256kb a sec on adverage). site runs alot better so i got nothing bad to say about it.

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 10:27:50

I am, just stops loading left things on over night and does not load, its shit, I can only go on NG at school.

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 10:27:57

I have cable internet and so far i never had any problems downloading any movies or games yet.

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 10:46:54

At 7/24/03 10:27 AM, MissenLinx wrote: I am, just stops loading left things on over night and does not load, its shit, I can only go on NG at school.

So, Wade, Have you got any battle plans??

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 11:15:57

that somtimes happens to me im using a 56k modem

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 11:30:17

I used to, even when i was using IE6 and had Broadband. Now things are S'okay. They have been for the past month or two.

Response to Flash files not loading? 2003-07-24 11:35:12

At 7/24/03 10:46 AM, hugh_jarse wrote: So, Wade, Have you got any battle plans??

mozilla I say. well said. but then everyone added their two cents and missed my two dollars. (this ain't a dig at hugh but "other")
so um yeah I'll quit being bitchy about it now. suggestion most likely noted. and I suppose bitchiness noted too. but I ain't here to make friends. what am I here for again? ah yes, to ramble in a public place. I like the sound of my own voice. well, what I mean is, the sound of my own keyboard. it's quite rythmical and soothing.
uh yeah so last word from me unless "other" wants to come get some.