00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bobby223S just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Tank Game Testing

5,122 Views | 46 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-24 20:02:27

SUPER TANK (LEVELS 1-2)

Hey NG! JunkyCow (artist), and me (Snubby, programmer) are making a game called SUPER TANK! Here we have levels one and two, and we would like your feedback on the following issues...

- Is the first boss too hard?
- Would you quit playing before you reached the second level?
- Can you beat the second level (including boss) without dying?
- Notice any bugs?

Things to Note:
- Please read instructions first!
- The intro is temporatily out because i dont want to watch it every time i test the game.
- Some fonts are broken, they will be fixed
- the purple arrow won't be used in the final thing, just in testing (click it to skip level).
- This has been in slow production, but we're giong for a level a week, now

Thanks.

Super Tank Game Testing

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-24 20:07:59

How do you attack the boss. It kind of just jumps into the boss fight without any warning or experience with attacking. Also, its hard to dodge his attack when you can barely move around while he's jumping.

At your service

BBS Signature

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-24 20:13:49

At 9/24/07 08:07 PM, KartuneHustla wrote: How do you attack the boss. It kind of just jumps into the boss fight without any warning or experience with attacking. Also, its hard to dodge his attack when you can barely move around while he's jumping.

Which boss are you reffering to? The first one? Step on the button when it flashes. Takes 3 times to kill him.

This is waht I'm concerned about... people can't figure out how to beat level one :(

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-24 20:15:32

- Is the first boss too hard?
- Notice any bugs?

-First, boss is really easy and the 1st level is too easy...There is no need to jump in that level.

-Second, Nope fun game would not quit playing

-Third, I can't beat the 2nd level. The can on the platforms is what is killing me.

-Fourth, Couldn't find any bugs

In the Second level it's hard to tell when you can play the game after that short intro cutscene.

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-24 20:16:29

I can't beat the second boss (the drill one) without exploding before it. That's rather unforgiving, as there's only a fraction of a second that you can jump forward over the drill tank without getting hit.

Other than that, the difficulty's alright. You might want to give even more emphasis on the button in the first boss (to signify to people that that's its weak spot).

postcount +=1;

Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters || Don't use MS Paint! Use Aviary!

SING US A SING YOU'RE THE PIANO MAN

BBS Signature

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-24 20:19:22

The second boss was pretty fun...and wasn't that easy to defeat! The space in the boss stage was small, but hey it makes it more difficult!

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-24 20:24:23

At 9/24/07 08:15 PM, Hylian-Mafia wrote: In the Second level it's hard to tell when you can play the game after that short intro cutscene.

I think I have a solution for that :) Thanks mate.

At 9/24/07 08:16 PM, Kart-Man wrote: I can't beat the second boss (the drill one) without exploding before it. That's rather unforgiving, as there's only a fraction of a second that you can jump forward over the drill tank without getting hit.

That's something I can fix... just make it when the boss hits you it'll do 15-20 damage isntead of 25.

Other than that, the difficulty's alright. You might want to give even more emphasis on the button in the first boss (to signify to people that that's its weak spot).

Might add an arrow or something pointing to it.

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-24 20:37:12

It's really good, I can definitely see it being amazing when it's done. My biggest problem is with the second boss. It seems like the hit detection is a bit off because there are times when I've clearly dodged his attacks and been hurt anyway. It's also a bit too repetitive for how long it takes to kill him. Maybe add a few more different ways that he moves around and make him die a bit faster to keep it fresh and make it a little easier.

As I said though, it's really great.

Tim Allen+Santa Claus= A flash that doesn't have nearly enough views! Watch The Tim Allen!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-24 20:37:48

level one: easy

boss: kinda confusing but easy once you get it

level two: tricky, and the barrels over the spikes look like you are supposed to jump on them... make it more clear that they are bad and that there is a platform, or just make the platform go faster.

boss: pretty easy to figure out.. pretty easy to beat once you figure out the timing (don't know what they are whinning about, there is plenty of space and probably more than a second of time to jump.)

glitches: only thing I could really notice was that the bridge cutscene starts with a jump and while on raising platforms there is a quicksand effect followed by a pop back up, might want to have something like:

if(onPlatform){ 
_y+=0.5
}

or something like that to compensate

My Coding Portfolio (updated frequently)

If you stay in bed for long enough it will be socially acceptable to go to bed again

BBS Signature

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-24 20:44:14

Thanks boys. I think I'll make boss 2 run 8 times instead of ten.

As for the bridge bug, ive tried it and I'm not seeing what you're saying. Seems fine to me.

// wow this is cool.

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-24 20:48:32

It's looking pretty cool, I like it. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-24 22:54:31

I only had one little problem. Sometimes when you jump into a wall while holding the jump button you can jump again. A good example is one the second level, right after it starts, jump towards the left wall while holding jump and you can jump twice.

Also, what tool do you normally use for your artwork (in the background and the characters/foreground)?

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-24 23:23:46

At 9/24/07 08:02 PM, Snubby wrote: - Is the first boss too hard?

If you mean the one that jumps around,FUCKING NO!

No.

Nope.

- Notice any bugs?

Not really a bug,but something stupid.You can move around when you die.That's not annoying or anything,but it's stupid :D

i deserve death

dont click the link this account is shit and fuck me

BBS Signature

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-25 03:14:38

its awesome, lol

BBS Signature

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-25 03:28:57

JunkyCow your art reminds me of Dan Paladins. Your pretty talented.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-25 03:39:38

a - Is the first boss too hard?
b - Would you quit playing before you reached the second level?
c - Can you beat the second level (including boss) without dying?
d - Notice any bugs?

a - tok me a while to figure out, but its not to hard, but you might want to speed up the tank, its to slow, and i do NOT like slow games, but thats just my opinion.
b-mabey, it depends on how fast i beet the first level
c-i didnt go to the second level, i got bored befor then, stupid level 1 boss, mabey you need a little thing that flashes and says hit here, or a sigh that says, do not hit here when flashing.
d - you bounce of the walls, at the same speed every time, even if your going at like, speed 1, or the lowwest speed possible

PM me or Msn me for questions or help with flash 8! E-mail: Digital_kieren@hotmail.com, or just PM digitalk on newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-25 05:07:28

It's a really great game. The artwork and story (I loved the "Good Luck" guys at the start") are spot on. But I find it quite annoying on the first boss that it takes so long to move around and dodge his attacks (even though you can stay in the middle & not get hurt until the button thing). And the difficulty isn't THAT bad, but I kept finding myself somehow getting hurt whatever level I played.

Don't eat yellow snow, Pepsi and coke are the same thing, etc. Visit my webpage! (go on)

Can I eat your brain? pleeeaaase?

You now have a duty in life!!! Clean up Newgrounds!!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-25 07:38:34

Thanks guys. These suggestions are really helping. I'll fix the moving after death bug, modify the second boss difficulty and make it so you know what to do after the cutscene in level 2.

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-25 08:42:47

first level was easy but the boss was hard cause i havent seen the button make it glow or something.....
second level was super easy i died fighting the boss but still i knew how to beat him fast

If you see this, this topic must've been bumped!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-25 08:54:07

Keep the first boss as it is, games are meant to make you use a tiny bit of brainpower to figure out what the button was for, no point holding the player's hand all the way.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-26 03:27:24

It might just be me but I'm experiencing some major lag.

Follow me and we shall rid Newgrounds of the Jews!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-26 04:42:54

At 9/26/07 03:27 AM, H1TLER wrote: It might just be me but I'm experiencing some major lag.

I didnt get any lag.

Nice game guys, Its pretty addictive. The finished product will be awesome too!
I'll be checking back for updates.

Keep it up!

-[DeviantArt]- ~The-Ninja-Monkey

BBS Signature

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-09-26 14:10:38

seems cool.

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-10-07 19:14:07

the first boss isn't hard, but if you click the purple arrow you can skip levels. is that just for this demo, or in the real game. because it makes things way easy, also in i think the second level after the bridge goes out and you get across it when you are jumping from ledge to ledge right before you get to the spike pit thing, it should have an indicator that you are getting hit by those little pellets.

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-10-28 17:14:22

i know this is an old topic, but i don;t think this is against rules, because i;m assuming this thing is still being made.

your links wont work. when i click them to play, they say Frobidden. am i the only one with this problem?

also. i love the artwork. just from that screenshot. it reminds of DanPaladin work. i want to play this game really bad :(

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-11-14 19:41:57

Looks very cool, link doesn't want to work for me and, the style of art looks very similar to dan's but still very cool.

ʜɒɿɿi

BBS Signature

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-11-22 19:49:52

OH GOD MAKE LINKY WORK!

no, no, daddy,

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-11-25 01:10:28

I want to play this but the link's broken.

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-11-25 06:29:47

At 11/25/07 01:10 AM, Penboy wrote: I want to play this but the link's broken.

Oh god, plz fix the link I want to play this it looks kick ass!!!!

Oh, exploitable!!!|Men of NG are faithful (most anyway) :3| "Your dressing like a stripper makes me feel pretty too."- Elder500| Siggy made by me :3

BBS Signature

Response to Super Tank Game Testing 2007-11-25 06:37:05

There's a link on his site :P
Here.

BBS Signature