00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

maxbombolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lessons Collab

1,896 Views | 32 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Lessons Collab 2007-09-24 15:31:57

This is a game collab but if you're an animator you can still join, read on.

Hello and welcome to the Lessons Collab!
This collab is basically a game where you are a student trying to get high results. So the main part of the game is the Lessons, which is where you guys come in!
I've designed an incredibly basic engine which I'm going to carry on with. There will be timetables and you'll be able to get expelled etc. (Controls: Arrow Keys to walk around and space to talk)

So, what I'm looking for is 8 different mini-games (7 lessons, 1 throwing stones) that you will make. Heres the part list:

Main Game: souled (me!)
Graphics for main game:
Geography:
Science:
English:
Maths:
Music:
ICT:
PE (sports):
Rock Throwing Game:

In each game by the end there must be either a win or lose (pass or fail), so no scores, unless in-game where you need scores to win.

So overall there are 10 parts (I find it mean if there are over because then some people don't get co-authored). You can have one part, however:
-If you are an Actionscipter bad at art and you want to join, and if there is an animator who can't code but wants to join, then you can team up and either make 2 games and both be co-authored, or make 1 game together but only one of you will be co-authored (you'll both be credited though).
I also need someone to do the graphics for the main game, because I can't animate.

To be in this you need to either show you are good at art/coding if you don't have a BA of 3. If you do have a BA of 3 then feel free to take a part :)

Stage size: 550x400 (default)
FPS: 30
BG colour: White but you can add stuff

I think I've covered everything, anything I've missed feel free to ask. Any suggestions feel free to say and if you want to join post here!

They used to call me souled...

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-24 16:23:20

I'd like to work on it. I've made several animations that got a 3.00 and higher. Just search "Ninja Mart" and you'll find them.

I can be an animater. I'm not that good with making games but I can definatly animate.

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-25 12:46:59

Still looking for people

:BUMP

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-25 12:54:11

I'm thinking of joining. Probably want to do ICT if i do join.

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-25 14:58:50

At 9/25/07 12:54 PM, UnknownFury wrote: I'm thinking of joining. Probably want to do ICT if i do join.

Excellent. Just tell me when you're 100% sure. :)

At 9/24/07 04:23 PM, ElninoNM wrote: I'd like to work on it. I've made several animations that got a 3.00 and higher. Just search "Ninja Mart" and you'll find them.

I can be an animater. I'm not that good with making games but I can definatly animate.

Sorry, you're animation isn't that great and you have one animation with a score of 2.05

At the moment I'm creating a random timetable system with an analog clock. Keep joining!

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-26 11:27:27

BUMP

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-26 12:05:01

hi. your animating of the dude sucked (no offense), so i would like to do some character design/animation? cause i suck hard at as.

ClockCrew > Adam2510

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-26 12:06:05

Hi, I might be able to join.

Some questions though:

Are we supposed to make something similar to a quiz with good graphics?
For the MATH lesson, is it flash math or normal math?

For example: make a chalk bored, then questions pop up and they answer it, and then they press a button to see if they were right and continue to next question.

I have some ideas, and thought if its something like this, I could help with the Math
becuse I could ask questions in many parts of it and make it long...

I'm good with graphics and not bad at scripting.

Hope I can help.

BBS Signature

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-26 12:27:33

At 9/26/07 12:05 PM, notoorjus wrote: hi. your animating of the dude sucked (no offense), so i would like to do some character design/animation? cause i suck hard at as.

Well, you could do some designs for the main character and they're good then I'll use them.

At 9/26/07 12:06 PM, GameStudio wrote: Hi, I might be able to join.

Some questions though:

Are we supposed to make something similar to a quiz with good graphics?
For the MATH lesson, is it flash math or normal math?

For example: make a chalk bored, then questions pop up and they answer it, and then they press a button to see if they were right and continue to next question.

I have some ideas, and thought if its something like this, I could help with the Math
becuse I could ask questions in many parts of it and make it long...

I'm good with graphics and not bad at scripting.

Hope I can help.

Well, it would probably not be Flash math, and it would not be a quiz. That would be too basic unless you had a system where you had to win in the mini-game and if you won you could answer a question. It's up to you, but make it good. :)

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-26 13:38:18

Well, it would probably not be Flash math, and it would not be a quiz. That would be too basic unless you had a system where you had to win in the mini-game and if you won you could answer a question. It's up to you, but make it good. :)

Alright I'll think of something creative, and then add Math stuff.
How could I reach you when I've finished something or have good ideas?

I usually use msn.

Glad I could help :)

BBS Signature

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-26 13:45:03

How could I reach you when I've finished something or have good ideas?

Good question, just PM me. I check them alot.

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-26 15:19:17

http://www.ngup.net/view.php?file=themes %20clas
heres how it looks so far.
looking good?

SO FAR, fgs, SO FAR!

ClockCrew > Adam2510

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-26 15:24:27

At 9/26/07 03:19 PM, notoorjus wrote: http://www.ngup.net/view.php?file=themes %20clas
looking good?

SO FAR, fgs, SO FAR!

really good, and i might join

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-26 15:28:36

At 9/26/07 03:19 PM, notoorjus wrote: http://www.ngup.net/view.php?file=themes %20clas
looking good?

SO FAR, fgs, SO FAR!

Okay I guess, needs more detail I feel. Also it's going to look sort of like Zelda Minish Cap, so it should look more top-down and less like a platformer.

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-27 10:15:21

Alright, I've created a random timetable engine so you know how the game will generally work:
http://www.ngup.net/view.php?file=1708_e xample

Basically, when a random lesson is set you have 30 mins to get there. If you don't at the moment it takes you to a blank screen, just refresh. (It won't when I've finished)

Then at 12 you won't have a lesson so you have a free hour to do what you want (there will be people to talk to etc.) There is one thing to do which is throw rocks (situated at the top right) which will use up your lunch hour.

School ends at 4, you have 30mins to leave or that blank screen again... (you can't leave yet so that's basically what I've done)

Keep joining!

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-27 14:12:42

can i help with school graphics?like drawing classes, the school and the yard
my drawing skill are somthing like this:
http://www.ngup.net/view.php?file=BG3

PS:this is a really fast draw just to show you

If you see this, this topic must've been bumped!

BBS Signature

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-27 14:28:26

At 9/27/07 02:12 PM, YK-Blaze wrote: can i help with school graphics?like drawing classes, the school and the yard

way better.

ClockCrew > Adam2510

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-27 14:56:13

At 9/27/07 02:12 PM, YK-Blaze wrote: can i help with school graphics?like drawing classes, the school and the yard

Of course, draw some stuff and PM me it. Would you also be able to draw the people aswell?

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-27 14:58:05

people? i dont think so sorry....i try to learn to draw anime style people but it hard

BBS Signature

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-27 15:08:00

I like to draw anime characters, like in those real comics. I like to make good graphics using Fireworks, I could help with the classroom or something.

If you people want, I could help with some of the graphics too.

BBS Signature

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-27 15:38:30

At 9/27/07 02:58 PM, YK-Blaze wrote: people? i dont think so sorry....i try to learn to draw anime style people but it hard

The only problem is theres only 1 spot for graphics...

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-27 16:33:52

cant game stuio make the characters and me to make the BG?

BBS Signature

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-27 16:52:48

At 9/27/07 04:33 PM, YK-Blaze wrote: cant game stuio make the characters and me to make the BG?

GameStudio is doing Maths so I guess then you'll both have spots. Arrange it between the two of you if you'd like to do this.

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-27 17:10:59

game studio can you make the characters and i will make the BGs?

BBS Signature

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-28 07:51:12

At 9/27/07 05:10 PM, YK-Blaze wrote: game studio can you make the characters and i will make the BGs?

sure, me or my friend(who is also in gamestudio) will draw characters if there is any needed.

Just tell me what you guys want.

BBS Signature

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-28 08:04:31

At 9/27/07 02:56 PM, souled wrote:

Of course, draw some stuff and PM me it. Would you also be able to draw the people aswell?

I uderstood that you didnt like my example, but you could at least PM'ed me and said that you didnt want my animtion.

cant he do close ups, if you know what i mean? and i the walking?

ClockCrew > Adam2510

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-28 11:32:16

I uderstood that you didnt like my example, but you could at least PM'ed me and said that you didnt want my animtion.

cant he do close ups, if you know what i mean? and i the walking?

Very sorry about that, but you'd have to ask him if you wanted to do the walking. Maybe if there are some actionscripters who want to join and are bad at art then you could team up with them.

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-28 12:55:07

Alright, I'm sorry but I think it may be a good idea to close this collab. There seems to be alot of them in the forums at the moment and hardly anyone is joining.

Unless I can get a few more people (and we need actionscripters) by tomorrow then I'm closing this. I'm sorry if you've started something but it's still quite early on and it would be worse if this thread kept being bumped and nobody joined.

Not closed yet though...

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-29 10:45:46

I'll bump this up 1 cus there is hope...Its a good idea anyways and i wanna do my part.

BBS Signature

Response to Lessons Collab 2007-09-29 13:45:43

At 9/29/07 10:45 AM, GameStudio wrote: I'll bump this up 1 cus there is hope...Its a good idea anyways and i wanna do my part.

Well, its been a day and no one is joining.

This collab is closed
(im still carrying on with it though, just making them all myself)