00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

VioletVulpine just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Updates, Upgrades, etc.

12,714 Views | 102 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-09 19:46:46

New pages look tight... You should set up some way to donate money to NG i would throw ya $100 for upgrades. I make way to much money anyway wouldn't mind helpin ya out.

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-09 20:03:57

Help i need help making movies could some one help me

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-09 20:23:50

At 7/9/03 08:03 PM, one_step wrote: Help i need help making movies could some one help me

your not sapose to post that here. you want help, post it in the right topic, or make a new one.

Blah Blah Blah..

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-09 20:29:21

At 7/9/03 02:03 PM, TomFulp wrote: We had some issues over the past few days due to some new back-end software we were installing. As of today everything seems to be fine, so the site should be runner better.

i don't know if it's just me,but i'm having trouble actually getting to the screen of a flash that says "play this movie".everything else is fine,but thats acting screwy,any ideas?

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-09 21:22:56

Nice. I think you're overly obsessive with pico, though. I mean, he covers the 20 daily features thing! He shouldn't be representing movies that have nothing to do with him. The one with him balancing on the flash file is nicely done. Also, the flash at the top is awesome. If you need some photoshop work for any banners, feel free to ask. I got some nice stuff myself:

http://www.angelfire.com/ab7/flashfanatic/sabertooth.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/ab7/flashfanatic/cable.gif
http://www.angelfire.com/ab7/flashfanatic/gambit.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/ab7/flashfanatic/deadpool.jpg

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-09 21:27:23

Hey i love the new portal frontpage. Pico's awesome and he's everywhere so that makes it awesome. really cool design to.

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-09 22:31:24

yay! low end cars kick major ass

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-09 23:16:19

Hey, yea, servers are a biotch...eh eh...we're gettin a new one for our school...urg...and I HAVE TO HELP SET IT UP....>.< wasnt able to post yesterday, but yep, the sites goin great ^.^

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-09 23:27:10

preety cool i love the new layout

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 00:02:30

10/7/03 Cokane God....

Exccelent work on the front Page. Looks mighty sweet.
Try to incorporate it into the rest of ng, also try to make newgrounds run faster...... anybody watch son of the beach on da weekend?

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 00:06:52

Error - Someone is stealing our bandwidth! Click here to view this properly. Please go back and try again.

AHHH IM TIRED OF THIS TELL ME WHO'S STEALIN IT SO I CAN KICK THERE ASS!

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 00:32:29

LOOKING GOOD, loads so damn slow but

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 02:23:14

Im loving it, keep up the great work, althought there is one thing i will always miss...

the flash at the top of the portal page is differnt now. It looks great how it is, but im going to miss clicking on the flash's coming from the buses entering the portal, i was hoping one day i would blam them all so the population would be 0 >=D

but oh well...times must change

keep up the good work newgrounds crew.

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 02:39:51

At 7/10/03 02:23 AM, Bron-YR-Aur wrote: the flash at the top of the portal page is differnt now. It looks great how it is, but im going to miss clicking on the flash's coming from the buses entering the portal, i was hoping one day i would blam them all so the population would be 0

i miss that too... it was so cool trying to blam them all... =(

the new layot is awesome, a thousand times better than the other one! =)

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 04:34:29

beebo 7 is on the portal now

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 04:50:20

I always love a new layout on Newgrounds, it always just gets better :), great evolution of the site!!!

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 05:05:12

At 7/9/03 02:03 PM, TomFulp wrote: We had some issues over the past few days due to some new back-end software we were installing. As of today everything seems to be fine, so the site should be runner better.

Yeh, I saw a slow down when u move ur mouse over the under judgement movies, when that little info box pops up it would slow the flash and everything down :-(

I've ordered a new database server! It's a beefy bastard that almost costs as much as a low-end car, but it should process your data a helluva lot faster than before. Of course, we'll just end up getting more users and it will slow down again.

Jesus christ man, thats insane. Fair play, ng will just improve time and time again. Imagine where this site will be in a year! Insane.

We also have two more webservers on the way to handle dynamic page processing, and will be putting the old database server on general webserving duties as well. I still need to order a new SWITCH, because we are out of ports to plug this stuff into. Fun, right?

Sounds good, its gotta b fun.

You have probably noticed by now that we updated the Portal frontpage! Big up to Stamper once again! What are your thoughts?

Who is this stamper guy, is it Will Stamper? His site doesn't work :0 but the portal frontpage is fucking awesome, did he do the flash cos it rewels!

Excellent changes, an inspirtation, fucking amazing tom.

~tit

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 06:14:30

At 7/9/03 02:03 PM, TomFulp wrote:

the new portal page looks cool alright good work
he more users also means more movies more movies means more good movies so keep em coming (also more crap to blam :p)

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 07:51:53

Why doesnt tom just have people donate old equipment to the site, I know I have an old switch thats been in my garage for years I wouldnt mind sending in. I imagine that with as many people that use newgrounds these days there has to be somebody with an older server they wouldnt mind parting with. You could even hold a contest to award exp. points or something better. just an idea.

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 08:33:38

You have probably noticed by now that we updated the Portal frontpage! Big up to Stamper once again! What are your thoughts?

I'm already feeling a tad nostalgic for the school bus
but the new flash is good in its own right.

"They are an inquisitive race, always anxious to pry into other mens' lives, but never ready to correct their own." -Augustine of Hippo

BBS Signature

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 08:46:17

i think it looks a lot better but makes stuff slower but with this new stuff comin hopefully it wont be a problem.

Updates, Upgrades, etc.

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 08:58:12

I have a request: would you please make some simple link, image or anything else to sign in. I'm using a popupstopper, but since the sign in menu is in flash that gets blocked to (don't ask me why is was different before) maybe just a little link at the bottom off the site, along with "Contact Us! | Privacy Policy | | Adult Links | FREE Hentai"

You probably won't even listen to my problems.
As you never do, but it is very annoying shutting off/and on that lovely blocker.

P.S. That blocker's gettin damn populair! So you better grant my request!

Rubberhead

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 10:47:18

sound cool but about the new backgrounds will u changed evrything???like wen i click in and sign in will it have a cool new back ground?

Updates, Upgrades, etc.

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 12:33:03

will all the pages have the flash design?

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 12:45:08

At 7/9/03 02:03 PM, TomFulp wrote: so the site should be runner better.

Did anyone else catch the poor grammar there? :)

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 15:04:13

What are your thoughts?

I think the new front page is cool
it's much better than the last one and i'm not just saying that

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 15:25:11

At 7/9/03 09:22 PM, Cybernetico wrote: Nice. I think you're overly obsessive with pico, though. I mean, he covers the 20 daily features thing! He shouldn't be representing movies that have nothing to do with him.

Pico has everything to do with NG. He's the mascot and a big part of their history, not to mention still having one of the best games on here, after all this time. And I'm sure Pico 2 is gonna be pretty crazay. Some day.............

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 15:35:19

At 7/9/03 02:03 PM, TomFulp wrote: We had some issues over the past few days due to some new back-end software...

Heh. He said back-end.

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 15:37:31

At 7/10/03 02:23 AM, Bron-YR-Aur wrote: Im loving it, keep up the great work, althought there is one thing i will always miss...

the flash at the top of the portal page is differnt now. It looks great how it is, but im going to miss clicking on the flash's coming from the buses entering the portal, i was hoping one day i would blam them all so the population would be 0 >=D

Hm... I didn't notice the population going down.. oh well, I'm still gonna miss it. And the chickens you could shoot. Maybe you should keep those two animations on NG Lit, along with a copy of the old front page, for nostalgic purposes..

Response to Updates, Upgrades, etc. 2003-07-10 21:17:44

I think you did a great job. I'm really enjoying the site. Ciao hun.

Updates, Upgrades, etc.