00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sillyspinda just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Collab Fetus (Need help)

1,461 Views | 24 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-01 07:03:10

So I have this idea for a collab, but I need some help. I guess I should pitch the idea first though.

It would be entitled "Finding Religion: A Collab." The shorts themes would be based around video game characters (preferably ones originating from 8-16 bit days) finding religion. If that seems a little too vague, post your concerns here.

Now, as for what I need help with, I'm working in the stone ages here and am rolling on MX. This would mean I wouldn't be able to have any cartoons made by people using MX 2004 and up and that no one would join. So I need someone who's willing to partner up with me and arrange everything. This person will receive the second author spot REGARDLESS of whether or not they contributed animation-wise, though if they do, it'd be greatly appreciated.
(NOTE: The organizer, as I'll refer to him/her as, preferably should have a BA higher than 3.2)

Also, in this thread, you can say, "This collab FAILS." Or, you can say if you're interested in participating. By that, I'll judge whether or not I really want to go through with this project.

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-01 11:08:44

BUMP

seriously though, I think this might have some potential if people are willing to help out a little bit!

Hell, even if you think this idea sucks, I'm INVITING you guys to tell me I fail and post your silly web images.

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-01 11:15:48

Terrific! Let's keep it up people!

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-01 11:45:15

At 8/1/07 11:15 AM, HandsomeJake wrote: Terrific! Let's keep it up people!

lol.... great. Just consider this a bump. :P

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-01 15:15:13

Well, Im Slightly interested, but it is too vague. I would whip something up for this, but only if you tell us more about it. Like, selling a product.

Yeah, you might aswell consider this another bump. And a +1 post if you like :D

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-02 01:15:21

At 8/1/07 03:15 PM, Djmr wrote: Well, Im Slightly interested, but it is too vague. I would whip something up for this, but only if you tell us more about it. Like, selling a product.

Yeah, you might aswell consider this another bump. And a +1 post if you like :D

Okay, so the premise is that old video game characters are finding religion. So what would happen if the black mage became a white mage (my idea, so please don't take it, haha). Basically take any religious jokes (priest and rabbi jokes, old church lady, you local college's Christian group) and apply them to 8-16 video game character. Sprites and drawings would be accepted.

Any other questions?

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-02 06:19:46

Desperate BUMP

And thanks to the mod that deleted that FAIL pic.

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-02 06:38:36

Fine, sounds good, I've already came up with something (a setanic Link lol) and I'll have that done asap, but due to me being away a lot during that time I can't organise the collab. Sorry, I'd love to help, but that's the way it is, I'm afraid.

So this is a plea, to anyone with the latest flash, to organise this collab. Please?

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-02 08:02:27

At 8/2/07 06:38 AM, Djmr wrote: Fine, sounds good, I've already came up with something (a setanic Link lol) and I'll have that done asap, but due to me being away a lot during that time I can't organise the collab. Sorry, I'd love to help, but that's the way it is, I'm afraid.

So this is a plea, to anyone with the latest flash, to organise this collab. Please?

At least there's a member on board. But yes, the plea! Looking for a kind soul! I will be taking care of all menu, credit, and transition animations (unless others want some of those), so the only work will be placing movie clips along.

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-02 13:09:59

BUMP.

Anyone???

i know you're reading this...

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-02 13:18:01

One possible solution to your problem would be to have people who use MX2004 and Flash 8 to save their movies as a Flash 6 file. They would lose any fancy-pants filters or AS2 that they put into it, so you should request people to not include those things if you want to organize your collab that way.

Good luck, regardless. =]

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-02 13:31:12

sounds funn... but i'm raped up in things now i might comback later though...

http://pikbo.eamped.com/

join please... its a slowly growing forum comunity that is funn and awsome...

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-02 13:51:21

At 8/2/07 01:18 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: One possible solution to your problem would be to have people who use MX2004 and Flash 8 to save their movies as a Flash 6 file. They would lose any fancy-pants filters or AS2 that they put into it, so you should request people to not include those things if you want to organize your collab that way.

Good luck, regardless. =]

I'd probably prefer no filters, but i don't want to inhibit anyone's style. It's just way to constricting and I don't think people would be as willing to join...

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-02 13:57:43

I'd help but I'm doing another collab (videogame collab) and a project of my own on the side. Throw in the fact that I'm a beginner at flash; and it wont be as easy for me to finish one project and then to jump into another. Sadly.

But the concept's not bad! You could get some really good ideas out of it! Just find an organizer and depending on whether or not I am free in the future and this seed has started to take sprout, then I may pop in ;).

Gunbusters 2 OVA = fanservice ;O!

JOIN THE GAME COLLAB! LOOKING FOR TALENTED ARTISTS!

BBS Signature

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-02 15:23:31

Seems there are a good deal of people interested! Unfortunately, no one has volunteered to compile the thing yet. Once again, your job will only be putting all the animation together. If I organize this right, that could be very easy! And of course you'll get second author position, whether you have an animation or not!

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-02 16:42:43

At 8/2/07 01:31 PM, pik-man wrote: sounds funn... but i'm raped up in things now i might comback later though...

raped up in things? how dyou do thst? :P

you ment. wrapped up...? :P

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-03 01:23:21

BUMP!

Seriously, there are people interested, but no one who's willing to do the big part!

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-03 10:30:45

At 8/3/07 01:23 AM, HandsomeJake wrote: BUMP!

Seriously, there are people interested, but no one who's willing to do the big part!

Now I'm double poosting AND bumping. Believe me, it's NOT for the +1 post count (even though 1000 posts isn't to far away :P). Still in desperate need of help. PLEASE???

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-03 12:12:11

Bumpety bump bump

Yeah, nice to see the interest, shame its not the interest we're looking for :(

you should actually put down some rules, like flash size and fps, im thinking of starting my part already

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-03 12:32:27

I'm going to create another thread for that. Though I'm probably not gonna get to be online for a while. We'll see what happens.

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-03 12:38:39

IF ANYONE BUMPS THIS MOTHERFUCKING THREAD AGAIN, I WILL PERSONALLY SKIN THEIR PETS ALIVE!

bump

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-03 13:44:19

At 8/3/07 12:38 PM, RiotFlash wrote: IF ANYONE BUMPS THIS MOTHERFUCKING THREAD AGAIN, I WILL PERSONALLY SKIN THEIR PETS ALIVE!

bump

Guys (and girls) I really don't want this to turn into a spam thread. I feel like this idea is losing its legitimacy ever second (both here and in my life). So here's the idea. I could still compile this if everyone who wants in will agree to not use as 2 or filters, and then publish them as Flash 6 files (and hopefully they'll open in MX without a problem). What do we think?

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-03 18:24:34

BUMP

would you guys be willing to sacrifice the as2 and filters??? Lemme know!

1 post to goooo!!!

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-04 11:29:47

At 8/3/07 06:24 PM, HandsomeJake wrote: BUMP

would you guys be willing to sacrifice the as2 and filters??? Lemme know!

1 post to goooo!!!

Yeah might aswell since no-ones offering, i say yeah!

So, um, can I have 2nd spot instead? lol

ifsomeone HAS to have as2 and filters, id do it, most likely. Now lets start this collab already!

Response to A Collab Fetus (Need help) 2007-08-04 11:45:38

It'll take me about a month. I'm moving right now and i'm going to be without internet for a good while. But if you wanna work on a part, be my guest, but I promise to come back and make an official thread for this.