00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

babydash65 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

fbf test

735 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

fbf test 2007-06-19 20:26:54

Is this fbf good? I'm starting to utilize fbf, and I need your opionions.

Do not point the following things out:

1. The quality's crap, I know
2. I know his mandibles look like penises, I will fix that.
3.It's a test, so don't says, "lol, u r t3h suxx0rz!'
4. It's a caterpillar

I really need an opinion. If you can help, that would be great. Please give tips if you can. :)

Here's a link, in case Newgrounds messes up the quality even more.

fbf test

|::Sig by me::| |::Goes on and off randomly::l

BBS Signature

Response to fbf test 2007-06-19 20:29:04

well... Im no one to judge since I dont know much about flash but I think its okay also practice with stick figures I found it really helpful maybe you would too.

Response to fbf test 2007-06-19 20:31:26

It's.... mediocre. That could have been just as easily tweened and with much higher quality. Did you use Onion skin while you were doing it because the body parts jitter around sometimes.

Keep practicing!

Response to fbf test 2007-06-19 20:32:28

At 6/19/07 08:29 PM, a-kitten wrote: well... Im no one to judge since I dont know much about flash but I think its okay also practice with stick figures I found it really helpful maybe you would too.

Thanks, that makes me feel better, I think I will practice around a bit, maybe I'll get better.

I don't know much about flash either, but I commonly used tweening, then I decided to try out fbf. I like tweening better, but it takes longer to make.

BBS Signature

Response to fbf test 2007-06-19 20:33:15

Well.......its not really FBF, FBF is really each frame drawn again differently. What you've got here may have been animated frame-by-frame, but it could be done easily with tweening.

BBS Signature

Response to fbf test 2007-06-19 20:34:02

At 6/19/07 08:31 PM, FatalFuryX wrote: It's.... mediocre. That could have been just as easily tweened and with much higher quality. Did you use Onion skin while you were doing it because the body parts jitter around sometimes.

Keep practicing!

Wow.. I feel stupid, I forgot about Onion skin. :(

BBS Signature

Response to fbf test 2007-06-19 20:35:35

At 6/19/07 08:33 PM, Nicholas-Deary wrote: Well.......its not really FBF, FBF is really each frame drawn again differently. What you've got here may have been animated frame-by-frame, but it could be done easily with tweening.

It makes me feel better that people are helping me. You may think this is bad, but if you saw the crap I did with tweeining, you'd probably be annoyed by it's crappiness.

BBS Signature

Response to fbf test 2007-06-19 20:37:20

At 6/19/07 08:35 PM, majorakirby wrote:
At 6/19/07 08:33 PM, Nicholas-Deary wrote: Well.......its not really FBF, FBF is really each frame drawn again differently. What you've got here may have been animated frame-by-frame, but it could be done easily with tweening.
It makes me feel better that people are helping me. You may think this is bad, but if you saw the crap I did with tweeining, you'd probably be annoyed by it's crappiness.

Just keep practicing and you'll get better. If it makes you feel any better, I can't draw for crap either. I'm a programmer. But I'm taking courses over the summer so hopefully I'll get better. You should too.

Response to fbf test 2007-06-19 20:43:31

lol, u r t3h suxx0rz!

Response to fbf test 2007-06-19 20:46:11

At 6/19/07 08:43 PM, Revolation wrote: lol, u r t3h suxx0rz!

Well.. At least he is trying

Response to fbf test 2007-06-19 21:30:38

At 6/19/07 08:26 PM, majorakirby wrote: Is this fbf good? I'm starting to utilize fbf, and I need your opionions.

Do not point the following things out:

3.It's a test, so don't says, "lol, u r t3h suxx0rz!'
4. It's a caterpillar

I really need an opinion. If you can help, that would be great. Please give tips if you can. :)

I actually laughed out loud when I read "it's a caterpillar. hahaha. the fbf is really poor, even if it had been good quality. try redrawing it each frame instead of just moving it. thats FBF.

BBS Signature

Response to fbf test 2007-06-19 23:28:19

At 6/19/07 08:26 PM, majorakirby wrote: Is this fbf good? I'm starting to utilize fbf, and I need your opionions.

Its Ok, Its sort of a wierd choice for a catapiller but yeah anyways its Ok, but you should have used the onion skin to tween this as well as setting the quality to 100% in the "modify document" option. also how did you get that to loop? Ive tried but it becomes failure constanly