00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

out-of-pocket just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

V-Tech Rampage

86,010 Views | 863 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 06:15:43

It's got nothing to do with being politcally correct. You people are so fucked up. Just for 1 minute think that it was your family member that was shot. Be honest now, you sister or brother has their face shot off and next thing there is a game about it. Come on cockbreath, tell us you'd still defend this shit.

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 06:41:52

We can't start taking down offensive things for fuck sake. THIS SITE IS BUILT ON BAD TASTE.

Stop being pussy's.

One day back seems the mod's are living up to their image. Heh.

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 06:58:56

I think we should take it down cause Pigpen fails at making funny flash. Like seriously. People tend to get SOME humour in but him...XD

plus, this game is so a cry for attention, it's not even funny.

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 07:01:12

whoa lots of virgin posters in this topic.

How bout the admins make a V-tech massarce Day. With all the bells and whistles cash and prizes.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 07:02:22

At 5/17/07 06:58 AM, Bogswallop wrote: I think we should take it down cause Pigpen fails at making funny flash. Like seriously. People tend to get SOME humour in but him...XD

Why not take down every flash that doesn't inject some form of humour into it?

Get fucked. Especially for this "XD"

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 07:10:50

I'love to see Tom's face when he comes back from the honeymoon and realizes that once again his loved first born child - Newgrounds, has pissed half of the world off while he was gone.

BBS Signature

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 07:15:11

wow...i just don't believe this...after all these comments that i have read, i seriously think those people who wrote abusive comments to Ryan Lambourn are the one's who are the culprits here. You say to feel sorry for those families who lost their children in the incident, yet you give absolutely no reasonable and serious reason to support it besides, as i have said before, "think about those families who lost their children".
i am not defending Ryan (PiGPEN), but yes, i too agree with many people that this game is, immorale, not "stupid/retarded/blasphemy/etc", but i guess it too makes me a culprit. but you can't just go and hate someone because what? it's "wrong"? come on people, grow up! that term has gotten so cliche. if you wan't to abuse the author of this game because you think it makes you a better person by doing so, then DO SOMETHING! GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND DO DO SOMETHING! make a protest or something, don't just tap-tap-tap your keyboard typing out pathetic words because you try to feel sorry for those families, we don't want to hear what you have to say, we prefer to see you actually do something.

now, those people who have either "worshipped/praised/have your baby?", and words like that, now im not saying all, some comments were within good reasons and intentions. But, it should "be", and only "be" that the game is cool, i admit, i found it quite interesting to play. But you shouldn't be worshipping the author as a god, his reasons, according to media, said he made this game intentionally to piss people off, well, its immorale.

basically, the game was fun because of its graphics, gamestyle, gameplay, etc
but, the game is immorale, made-for-many-wrong-reasons, etc.

So, before you people write another abusive and pointless comment about this game, think of a tremendously good ass reason. not something a 5-year old could only think up of cause he is an "aggro".

A method to kill which does not harm the body, but directly destroys the person's soul, memories, ego and persona. It is a method which recycles, life. This is Lethe.

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 07:16:43

If they have a collection of 9/11 (which was one day before my birthday :O) then let it stay

i did it for the lulz

BBS Signature

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 07:33:08

At 5/17/07 07:16 AM, Killers123 wrote: If they have a collection of 9/11 (which was one day before my birthday :O)

You, me and Jerkapotomous have that in common.
It's the timing with this however that makes it a little more untasteful with September 11 people are by now well over it (prolly should be over it). I still dont get how this differs from any Bastard flash (I noticed Bindi Irwins REVENGE was in the Bastard suggestion), he deserves the money anyone gullible enough to donate gives.

BBS Signature

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 07:59:53

At 5/17/07 07:15 AM, alpha-beta-cow wrote: wow...i just don't believe this...after all these comments that i have read, i seriously think those people who wrote abusive comments to Ryan Lambourn are the one's who are the culprits here.

Eat a dick, Satan.

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 08:01:12

*yawn*

History, recent history is always painful. But in the end a big company will come along and exploit it for financial gain. Why the fuss about some kid doing it, he'll get the label and trouble for doing it from his peers and friends.

We are giving him far too much credit. Large events like 9/11 and other shootings etc, always get into popular culture. For example, the new 'Zodiac Killer' film, why is there no fuss that a stuido is going to make millions over the brutal slaying of real people? No one makes a real fuss because it is just older history.

Leave it on here, close this thread. We've given him far too much attention and time than either the flash or he is worth.

Might Freaking Power Rangers time.

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 08:01:28

At 5/15/07 04:56 PM, Twone wrote: I think it should be taken down because it is mocking a horrible tragedy.

And also the biggest school shooting in the US to date.

BBS Signature

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 08:06:43

I'm actually fine with it except for the insult Asians thing.

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 08:13:51

Lots of people seem to think that this is like all the other flashes on NG.
Most of the other Shooters on Ng are not based on Real Life, they have very little to do with anything happning in the society Plus those games are created Not to piss people off but to entertain them. Most of them are well made and are NOT made to gain wealth.
The 9/11 Movies and games were not games that had you run planes into the Twin towers although i agree some of them were out of place So stop relating this to 9/11. I am tired of all the stupid comments and lame ass Burns!! If your gonna say some thing GIVE IT A POINT!!!

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 08:15:27

I considered it a normal typical shooting game where you have a mission, and kill people.. Its based off real events, sure, but i wasn't offended by it, thought it was disgusting, crude, or etc etc. The game its self is really poor, and it looks like they took mspaint and pixeled a lot of stuff and put it in a flash xP but, other than that, it was kind of an okay game, and it shouldn't be brought down, the game had no influence on the killer, It was made after the shooter, and if kids go and play this game, and decide that "Hey, Im gonna go kill people now" Its their fault for not being able to tell a difference that the game was just a game, not real life, just based off of real life, and the incident was horrible and should never happen again.

As for him saying if he gets money he'll close it down, I think thats a bit rotten, but hey, i cant blame him, if a lot of over protective parents and future over protective parents really think its that bad of an influence, i might do the same thing, Its easy money, and its not like putting the game down would hurt him, hes winning either way, just getting money both sides win.

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 08:25:03

At 5/17/07 08:16 AM, SmackBang wrote:

What I do not like about this is the fact that he wants profit out of it, never mind the tragedy part but because he wants money from it when he is already extorting the tragedy.

Exactly

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 08:49:53

Just out of curiosity what does your mum think?

Seeing you on the news and all?

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 09:12:14

I say leave it up only because I doubt in the future of Newgrounds, no one will really care about this game nor its content on the flash. We all knew someone out there was going to create this game some time after the event happened, and yes, it might have been a little soon for its creation, but the fact is that it's not the worst thing on the internet. Just a game with mediocre graphics and some music in the background that happens to be about one subject (like many others) that is a bit sore. Just like a wound, time heals it even when if gains slight infection after the blow to the skin even if you try hard to sterilize the cut.

In this case, the infection seems to be growing worse by us not helping nor healing by letting the subject matter go.

For the part about making profit out of it; He probably found it ridiculous to get rid of another flash just because of its main content, and not based on some other unqualified justifications (such as terrible graphics, sounds, game-play, and ect.). This would probably lead to why he decided that if he took down his most popular game for some whiners, they would have to pay him.

Anyways, I think the game should stay.

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 09:32:50

At 5/17/07 09:12 AM, LoveandGuns wrote: For the part about making profit out of it; He probably found it ridiculous to get rid of another flash just because of its main content, and not based on some other unqualified justifications (such as terrible graphics, sounds, game-play, and ect.). This would probably lead to why he decided that if he took down his most popular game for some whiners, they would have to pay him.

Exactly. He never asked for money for the flash. Trying to profit off of the tragedy? Hes asking to be paid to be willing to take it down, which could be seen as a type of compromise after putting the time into it. How much time or compensation is a matter of debate though as its not the best game by any means. But people would rather whine and complain endlessly about the flash than to comply with the authors terms for removal, which only gives them something more to whine about.
If people really wanted it removed they would stop whining and do something. Either pay the guy off, or petition collectives souls label to issue a copyright infringement warning.

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 09:38:40

At 5/17/07 07:02 AM, Zen444 wrote:
At 5/17/07 06:58 AM, Bogswallop wrote: I think we should take it down cause Pigpen fails at making funny flash. Like seriously. People tend to get SOME humour in but him...XD
Why not take down every flash that doesn't inject some form of humour into it?

Get fucked. Especially for this "XD"

lol newgrounds

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 09:45:35

At 5/17/07 08:30 AM, gumOnShoe wrote: stuff

Well written concise response.

I agree with all that was written by gumOnShoe.

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 09:51:21

At 5/17/07 09:45 AM, Shrapnel wrote:
At 5/17/07 08:30 AM, gumOnShoe wrote: stuff
Well written concise response.

I agree with all that was written by gumOnShoe.

I agree with those sentiments. Well written and concise indeed, and avoided getting involved in any abject moral arguments.

It's not gonna get removed anyway, and it's getting undue attention, but fuck, controversy is an easy way to get people to look at your stuff.

Have the mainstream media picked up on it yet?

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 09:53:56

Well, if the donation thing really was a joke, that's not so bad...

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 10:06:19

As always, I didn't even know about this game until it was in the news.

"Oh lawd, it reminds people of VTech, that's horrible! Let's all constantly talk about it for the next two months."

BBS Signature

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 10:06:28

I do not mind the game at all i just despise him trying to make a profit from it I'm sure Tom and Wade will do the right thing though.

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 10:22:59

The donation thing was a joke!

If this game is removed then they will have to remove all the other stuff, 50% of NG content as offensive to someone.
So how much time should pass till mocking the dead becomes funny? 1 year? 10 years? or 2000? This is hypocrisy.
"Nail Jesus to the cross" game is fine and this one is not? I dont see ANY difference.

MARK MY WORDS IT WOULD BE THE END OF NG IF ANY FLASH IS PULLED DOWN DUE TO BEING OFFENSIVE TO SOMEONE.

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 10:41:31

At 5/17/07 10:06 AM, Steve84 wrote: I do not mind the game at all i just despise him trying to make a profit from it I'm sure Tom and Wade will do the right thing though.

Like I said before, he probably isn't making a profit off the flash itself, but just the complainers. Hell, I think I would have done the same thing if I were in the same situation about an Internet flash that people were threatening to do all kinds of things to me. Shit, some of the comments that have been posted not only on here, but also on the reviews itself are worse than the game that the creator made. Some people are acting like they’re going to kill him for mocking 30 people and their families, but I guess that’s highly under looked when the main issue is just figuring out what to do with both the game and the artist.

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 10:53:22

At 5/17/07 08:13 AM, sapphiress wrote: Lots of people seem to think that this is like all the other flashes on NG.

Not all, but quite a lot.

Most of the other Shooters on Ng are not based on Real Life, they have very little to do with anything happning in the society

Pico's School, one of the quintessential Newgrounds flash games is inspired by Columbine. Tsunami Loot up was a game made about the Phuket disaster a couple years back. There is a game where you play as Timothy McVeigh. There are some games where you fly planes into the towers. Have a gander at the Bastards Collection. The games I've mentioned have some notoriety already, I'm sure there are many more.

Plus those games are created Not to piss people off but to entertain them. Most of them are well made and are NOT made to gain wealth.

I think you're right about the latter part. The first part I think really depends on the individual submission.

The 9/11 Movies and games were not games that had you run planes into the Twin towers although i agree some of them were out of place So stop relating this to 9/11.

See above. There ARE games like that here.

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 10:57:05

One can only hope that some disturbed fuck blows some kids away in a school down under. The funny thing is, most of the "supportive" posts are people who have no concept of spelling, grammer, just idiots. Maybe someday your parents can wake up to find out someone blew a hole in your chest, and then have a game made about it. Aussies would probably be in an uproar if a game was made about some jackoff who plays with snakes and crocs and gets stabbed at the end by a stingray.

Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-17 11:02:56

At 5/17/07 10:57 AM, RobInVirginia wrote: One can only hope that some disturbed fuck blows some kids away in a school down under. The funny thing is, most of the "supportive" posts are people who have no concept of spelling, grammer, just idiots.

If you're referring to JoshCube, then I agree. :P

But I'm happy to see this game is doing what it is suppose to do. Pissing people off like you in general. By the way, tell your people in Virginia to lay off Asians for once, mutha fucka!!!! :P