Be a Supporter!

V-Tech Rampage

  • 62,605 Views
  • 908 Replies
Respond to this Topic
fahrenheit
fahrenheit
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 02:10:59 Reply

the game was decided to be on the portal when it made it through the judgement process, obviously enough people felt it wasnt crap so it should stay on. its not racist, pornographic, or worse than other submissions. it should stay up


Faith tramples all reason, logic, and common sense.
PM me for a sig.

BBS Signature
ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Game Developer
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 02:11:03 Reply

At 5/20/07 11:08 PM, Renpeacock wrote:
At 5/19/07 12:24 AM, ViperMask wrote:
And fuck you to all of you Virginia Tech students here. Take some responsibility and take some of the blame, bitches.
u asshole!! how could u say that about vt students??

im a virginia tech student..what should we take the blame for?? the fact that cho was psycho?? the fact that people mistreated him as a child?? you tell me

there is no way that 1 student can meet over 26,000 students and identify 1 that is crazy enough to murder random people..i had no opportunity to meet cho and talk to him

so tell me..why am i to blame?? because i never got to meet him?? because my school is so extremely big that its impossible to meet all of the students???

u inconsiderate ignorant heartless piece of shit!! you obviously know nothing about our school!!

LOL. Learn to fucking spell. And if you have learned to fucking read, then you would of read that you're to blame cause you are part of the people who grew up in Virginia and bullied him. Or is part of that race. I know nothing about your school, that's is true but I don't fucking want to learn about a school home to White and Black racist American pieces of shit. So fuck you, you retarded piece of shit. By the way, tell everyone in Virginia that Hokie is not a real word, ASSHOLE.

scahkruhtees
scahkruhtees
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 03:00:50 Reply

Personally, the game seems mediocre. Personally, I also believe it's in bad taste.

However, it was apparently playable enough to pass judgment, earning the right to remain. Also, neither my opinion nor that of any other individual should hold enough weight to decide the viability of someone else's form of expression, no matter how gross or grotesque, if it doesn't directly impinge upon the rights of others.

That said, the choice to create was PiGPEN's. As with any decision, there could be repercussions. He accepted responsibility for whatever came when the game was submitted for public consumption. Newgrounds is simply a showcase; when offensive art is placed in a gallery, it's the artist who catches flak (usually, and rightfully so), not the gallery. Websites such as Newgrounds should be treated no differently than any other exhibitor of any other form of media.

In short: let it stay.

Zen444
Zen444
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 04:27:38 Reply

At 5/21/07 02:11 AM, ViperMask wrote: LOL. Learn to fucking spell.

Way to get trolled, moron.

Megaaussie
Megaaussie
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 04:39:36 Reply

At 5/20/07 10:50 PM, Renpeacock wrote: i am a virginia tech student...i was directly affected by the shooting...i heard the bullets and saw people jump out of windows...i know people who were killed and injured

i dont think this game is funny or amusing and i think it should be taken down

and to whoever said they hate virginia tech students or think they are to blame is just ignorant...and i mean ignorant in the fact that you dont know anything...obviously you dont go to our school and dont know anything about it...you can't blame us for not knowing cho...i personally cant go out and meet every single student who goes to that school...so just dont say anything if you don't know anything

Well that makes your opinion a bit biased, doesn't it?
There's the fact that if you weren't a student at that school then you wouldn't give jack shit about the game. If it were about some other tragic day you wouldn't care either.

Frankenspazz
Frankenspazz
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 06:26:39 Reply

At 5/21/07 05:43 AM, ShirtTurtle wrote: People are so silly.
If they had just ignored it, nobody would have made such a fuss.
Hardly anyone would even know it existed.

Absolutely. So just forget about it. The guy who made it was an asshole for doing the whole pay-to-take-it-down thing but the game made judgement so it stays.

HAcoreRD
HAcoreRD
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 08:56:53 Reply

At 5/21/07 06:26 AM, Frankenspazz wrote: Absolutely. So just forget about it. The guy who made it was an asshole for doing the whole pay-to-take-it-down thing but the game made judgement so it stays.

noone will let it go until the next big disaster rolls around.


BBS Signature
heliarc
heliarc
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 09:27:00 Reply

At 5/18/07 09:46 PM, edylpagaza wrote: lol, USA is fulled with insane people thanks to bush
someday, USA will fall like rome...
huahura

LOL @dipshit, yea it's Bush's fault that there's uncontented fags that shoot up shools.You fucknut.

heliarc
heliarc
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 09:30:20 Reply

At 5/21/07 03:00 AM, scahkruhtees wrote: Personally, the game seems mediocre. Personally, I also believe it's in bad taste.

However, it was apparently playable enough to pass judgment, earning the right to remain.

Just because you can play it doesn't mean it should stay.I mean theres hundreds of those damn quiz games that get blammed but are still playable.

Still even though this game kinda stinks there's alot of worse ones here.

Satanist-Lock
Satanist-Lock
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 09:57:55 Reply

Wow this is one fun topic! If people gets offended so easily, they shouldn't have any media around them at all! Frankly I don't see the problem of this submission, as it's simply computer graphics... a binary code damnit... 10011000100111101101010 . Did that offend you? The only problem here are the people who for some reason thinks that making a game about this episode is morally despicable. And as the great keepers of morale they start ranting about that "the game is evil!!!"

Then the author says that by getting paid he will remove the submission. I can understand that, wouldn't you like to get paid when something you worked on gets removed because someone didn't like it... You wouldnt assume that a car mechanic would fix your car for free would you? However that the submission stays is reward enough for most amateur artists.

And finally removing a submission because some people simply doesn't like it? That would be the start of the demise of Newgrounds, as I see it.

Renpeacock
Renpeacock
  • Member since: May. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 12:36:15 Reply

At 5/21/07 04:39 AM, Megaaussie wrote:
Well that makes your opinion a bit biased, doesn't it?
There's the fact that if you weren't a student at that school then you wouldn't give jack shit about the game. If it were about some other tragic day you wouldn't care either.

call my opinion whatever you want...the game should be taken down...other tragedies have happened and i do care and i dont think there should be games about them either...so dont tell me what i would or wouldnt care about...you dont know me or what i would feel about anything

Renpeacock
Renpeacock
  • Member since: May. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 12:43:12 Reply

At 5/21/07 02:11 AM, ViperMask wrote:
LOL. Learn to fucking spell. And if you have learned to fucking read, then you would of read that you're to blame cause you are part of the people who grew up in Virginia and bullied him. Or is part of that race. I know nothing about your school, that's is true but I don't fucking want to learn about a school home to White and Black racist American pieces of shit. So fuck you, you retarded piece of shit. By the way, tell everyone in Virginia that Hokie is not a real word, ASSHOLE.

this isnt english class and i dont have to spell shit rite if i dont want to...its a fucking blog...and no..i didnt bully cho..how the hell can u bully someone u never met..dumb fuck..and how the hell do u know if i grew up in virginia..i didnt grow up there dipshit...so y dont u learn something about that bitch...and by the way..hokie is a word..look it up on dictionary.com ...get over urself and shut the hell up

Ziggedy
Ziggedy
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 13:38:47 Reply

It shouldn't be removed because freedom of speech and the chance to make anything is what makes the internet (including NG) so good. Even if it is bad taste in some people's opinions that dosen't cancel out free speech

sheilafr
sheilafr
  • Member since: May. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 15:38:16 Reply

Please help Gear Live in Convincing NewGrounds to ban this game.
sheila franklin

V-Tech Rampage

Inferno42
Inferno42
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 16:45:53 Reply

At 5/21/07 03:38 PM, sheilafr wrote: Please help Gear Live in Convincing NewGrounds to ban this game.
sheila franklin

Fuck Gear live. It's staying, and that's a fact.


read my blog, posta commenrt, and I'll read yours!

BBS Signature
Maus
Maus
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 17:05:10 Reply

At 5/21/07 03:38 PM, sheilafr wrote: Please help Gear Live in Convincing NewGrounds to ban this game.
sheila franklin

Hi Sheila. :)

Please do not use these forums to recruit our forum members to your boards. This thread is a place to sound off about your feelings regarding the game, not a 'collect your petitioners here' thread. Thanks! :)

Mr-Destruction
Mr-Destruction
  • Member since: Feb. 11, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 17:22:11 Reply

I think the game was funny.


BBS Signature
Abcde123
Abcde123
  • Member since: May. 16, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 19:41:20 Reply

At 5/21/07 05:05 PM, Maus wrote:
At 5/21/07 03:38 PM, sheilafr wrote: Please help Gear Live in Convincing NewGrounds to ban this game.
sheila franklin
Hi Sheila. :)

Please do not use these forums to recruit our forum members to your boards. This thread is a place to sound off about your feelings regarding the game, not a 'collect your petitioners here' thread. Thanks! :)

At least it brings me some relief to see that not everyone likes to say "fuck you stop being a pussy" or "fuck those that died"...you are acting with courtesy and respect. Thank God that at least a few people are sane on here!

Net-terrorist
Net-terrorist
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 19:44:59 Reply

Ha, this topic reached 32 pages!


BBS Signature
Microset
Microset
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 19:45:10 Reply

Newgrounds is a safe haven for objectionable material, ever been to assassin? let it stay because if you ever put up anything objectionable, weather it be a disaster, religious, political, racist -- it'll be safe on NG. SO GET OVER IT!

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Programmer
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 19:56:49 Reply

At 5/21/07 07:45 PM, Microset wrote: Newgrounds is a safe haven for objectionable material, ever been to assassin? let it stay because if you ever put up anything objectionable, weather it be a disaster, religious, political, racist -- it'll be safe on NG. SO GET OVER IT!

ahh your my kind of guy. JUST GET OVER IT. vote 5 on VTECH RAMPAGE everyday.


AD BLOCKER | SCRIPT BLOCKER | ACM | CNET | TOM'S HARDWARE
For all you IT news and support.

BBS Signature
fivepoint
fivepoint
  • Member since: Apr. 29, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 20:05:30 Reply

i can't believe someone made a game about this, let alone one where you kill people who have actually died (lol, had to think about how to say that...)

take it down >:U

V-Tech Rampage


Where did all the kool kids go?

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Programmer
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 20:12:34 Reply

At 5/21/07 08:05 PM, fivepoint wrote: i can't believe someone made a game about this, let alone one where you kill people who have actually died (lol, had to think about how to say that...)

take it down >:U

or how about not. fucking noob.


AD BLOCKER | SCRIPT BLOCKER | ACM | CNET | TOM'S HARDWARE
For all you IT news and support.

BBS Signature
misterdog
misterdog
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 21:00:43 Reply

I actually laughed at the game. It's not so different from an assload of flash games already present on Newgrounds. If anything, this game is actually less offensive than a lot of material here. The only thing making it so horrible is the fact that it was based on an event that happened RECENTLY. Everything looks awesome when it's new, but pretty soon, it grows old and few people

Other than those affected

will care anymore.
Nothing can appeal to ALL people, get over it.

tbh hat hat hat.
heliarc
heliarc
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 22:14:06 Reply

Well wait, I am offended about one thing.

That NG is a haven for all sorts of stuff be it something that has no real quality and pisses people off or not.

But you tell it like it is in your reviews and you get a ban?

That game isn't the worst here though by far...I could stay.

ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Game Developer
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 22:17:31 Reply

At 5/21/07 04:27 AM, Zen444 wrote:
At 5/21/07 02:11 AM, ViperMask wrote: LOL. Learn to fucking spell.
Way to get trolled, moron.

And your point is???????????????????

ViperMask
ViperMask
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Game Developer
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 22:21:13 Reply

At 5/21/07 12:43 PM, Renpeacock wrote: this isnt english class and i dont have to spell shit rite if i dont want to...its a fucking blog...and no..i didnt bully cho..how the hell can u bully someone u never met..dumb fuck..and how the hell do u know if i grew up in virginia..i didnt grow up there dipshit...so y dont u learn something about that bitch...and by the way..hokie is a word..look it up on dictionary.com ...get over urself and shut the hell up

Your poor spelling makes you look insignificant. That's why. :P

And from I can tell, even if you did grew up with Virginia you would of still treated Cho like shit cause he was Asian, and he would of shot you in the V-Tech (it's kicking in, yo!) shootings.

And hokie....Hmmm...emotional? Basically emo. And from what I've been seeing, that's what you and the rest of the V-Tech students are acting basically, EMO OVER THIS GAME. Dumbass emo kid!

TheMetalmaster
TheMetalmaster
  • Member since: May. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-21 22:31:12 Reply

Listen! Play the assassin games they are the same thing there is a reason it did not get blammed


What am I doing here?

BBS Signature
Ihatechavs
Ihatechavs
  • Member since: May. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-22 03:03:03 Reply

Ever heard of freedom of speech?

Zen444
Zen444
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to V-Tech Rampage 2007-05-22 03:52:38 Reply

At 5/22/07 03:03 AM, Ihatechavs wrote: Ever heard of freedom of speech?

Yeah, it's pretty gay.

V-Tech Rampage