00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28

8,621 Views | 117 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-18 19:48:29

At 5/18/07 07:40 PM, Dudeinc wrote: Yeah, becouse of you two, there is no piont in an amature like me even starting to make one.

well, what about starting and practicing buddy?
we all started somewhere at the bottom , u just need to press ur turbo button and catch up with the rest of all the Cow ppl.

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-18 20:07:42

Can someone show me one of LazerKarls stuff or threads? because you guys said he was good and now im interested to see some of his stuff, but i cant seem to find anything D:

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-18 20:11:12

At 5/18/07 08:07 PM, UnderARock wrote: Can someone show me one of LazerKarls stuff or threads? because you guys said he was good and now im interested to see some of his stuff, but i cant seem to find anything D:

Here is his art thread, he makes awesome stuff!

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-18 20:13:04

Heres a WIP From me

This is actually the first picture i have ever drawn in photoshop, And I have only had photoshop for about 4 days now.

All i have to add is some armour and a background.

WIP WIP

-[DeviantArt]- ~The-Ninja-Monkey

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-18 21:35:02

Ninjamonkey, nice job on your picture!
First photoshop=impressive, that is

Also, Dudeinc, don't enter to try to win, there isn't a prize anyway, just enter to practice and have fun.

Rargh.

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-18 23:12:18

hey zef7 ! I finished ur tutorial, the how to create some cheap fire !

Heres the LINK u should all go check it out cuz it took me some time to finish it with all fancy details and everything!
GO CHECK IT NOW!

BTW: any more entries? finish the wips! the deathlines is closing GRAAAAA!

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-19 06:55:22

Protector

A team of explorers were sent to the bottom of the ocean to investigate an unknown structure. Inside they found a tunnel leading further down, at the very bottom it opened up into a huge cave and in the centre was a huge tower like nothing they'd seen before. As they approached the tower began to move and two scythes came out of nowhere and struck the people on the bridge, instantly killing them. They began to shoot back at it but the bullets had no effect, so far nothing has managed injure the creature, and whatever it's protecting is still safe.

my description is shit but you get the idea

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-19 07:00:32

At 5/19/07 06:55 AM, Zach wrote: Protector

wow.

amazing.

Deviantcrap - PHOTOGRAPHY??

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-19 07:08:39

woah, now who am i supposed to vote for this week :P
Zach's imo looks the most impressive and sets the atmosphere well

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-19 08:31:25

Bloody hell.

This is my line art, it's too humanoid to be allowed but I made it specifically for this week. Got an essay to do, so I may not post the finished thing this week either

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-19 08:44:51

At 5/19/07 08:31 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
Bloody hell.

This is my line art, it's too humanoid to be allowed but I made it specifically for this week. Got an essay to do, so I may not post the finished thing this week either

Tukeyonastick - really good and I think it'll be accepted this week, it's not too humanlike. I really like the patterns on that beast and the pose is really well done

Zach -I really like the mood of this picture.The color fit really well together and the perspective is awesome. I also love the "protector" itself because of the shape. It's a really weird creature and though it really fits with the drawing, don't know why. The only thing that I think you could improve is on making the creature more "alive". On this great picture, the creature looks like a statue and not moving. I don't know how to fix it though, it seems hard.

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-19 11:12:34

Sweet LOVE the color.

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-19 14:36:24

At 5/19/07 08:31 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
Bloody hell.

Wow, that looks great, really love the curves. And it is humanoid but I'd include it anyway, that's just there to push originality and your picture does look unique.

Can we have another dark topic next week? They turn out to be the best weeks.

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-19 19:56:51

Can we have another dark topic next week? They turn out to be the best weeks.

please do

plus I like your pic, wasnt what i was expecting but still good :)

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-19 20:54:31

Wow, some really awesome pics this week!! OMG! =D

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-20 14:02:05

crikey Zach, vast improvement from your WIP! So much more definitive, I especially like how the veiny things in the wings or flaps really stand out! As always beautiful composition of colors, I think you have a real contender there!

TOAS- I really hope you get to color yours, I love the lineart! (I havent started coloring mine yet either)

As for the whole "dark topic" thing, I know they come out with really cool entries, but we really need diversity, so it would be silly to do them back to back, right?

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-20 14:53:07

So....Selket

Selket used to be a peaceful and proud animal race in the jungles of Reise planet. That was, until scientists found the planet and morphed it into a war factory to feed the Rebels with recources to fight against UEC. Animal spieces were morphed to test thier abilities as warriors. Selket happened to be one of these spieces.
It was turned into a cyborg and even though it proved itself to be useless on batllefields, the pride that was characteristic to the whole spieces made it a perfect guardian for many different companies and persons. With it's extendable blades on each side, nasty sharp tail and several spikes on forehead, getting past the Selket is tricky.

The story might be a bit confusing, it's a part of background story I have made for a Flash porject of mine, Dark Matter.
First time I've tried cel-shading in Photoshop.

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-20 14:58:22

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-20 20:35:58

I wish I started coloring this earlier, had to do it all today :/

The Valanx

- This rare creature is often used as a guard for wealthier citizens to keep out intruders. Here it is shown guarding its master's mansion and lake. Its eerie blue eyes are always open and lit, so trespassers can always see that this rich guy has a very expensive home security system. Mainly, they come from breeders. This type of Valanx will only strike until the intruder is incapacitated. The Valanx found in the wild will attack to the death if you step within its territory. Standing on its hind legs at 7 feet tall, it is a formidable opponent.

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-20 20:50:39

Agroth, Guardian of the Chalice of Eternal Life

He was once on a quest for the Chalice of Eternal Life, but as punishment for disturbing sacred grounds, he is fated to be the Ghost Guardian for all Eternity. Originally appears as a suit of armour lying on the ground, but raises when adventurers seek the chalice.

hurrrddurrrrrrrr

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-20 20:52:50

At 5/20/07 08:50 PM, Demean wrote: Agroth, Guardian of the Chalice of Eternal Life

Wow, that had bad quality. Here's a better one.

hurrrddurrrrrrrr

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-20 21:50:25

buggrit

Corus is the multi-limbed golem created by Heaven to protect the children caught in Purgotry from the demons of hell.

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-21 06:13:24

awesome TOAS.....

Deviantcrap - PHOTOGRAPHY??

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-21 12:27:57

zen monster is dat

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-21 12:43:13

At 5/21/07 12:27 PM, midgard wrote: zen monster is dat

English plz.

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-21 12:55:37

Awesome stuff TOAS.

Shouldn't the voting thread be up by now?

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-21 13:16:39

At 5/21/07 12:55 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: Awesome stuff TOAS.

Shouldn't the voting thread be up by now?

It'll be up today within the next few hours, I've got some other stuff to be getting on with first but it will be up.

Response to C.o.w. - Creature Of The Week #28 2007-05-22 08:25:24

At 5/17/07 03:22 PM, Zach wrote: Not really what I was hoping for but I'm going to keep working on it, any suggestions and critique are welcome..

thats like pedator! sweet!