00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MLouise just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Industrial Crew.

100,714 Views | 1,556 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-07-16 21:07:54

anti-bush raps!?!?

jay-z!?

when i think of 'anti-bush raps' i think of immortal technique not jay-z

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-07-16 21:30:55

At 7/16/08 06:08 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: Gentlemen, I do believe thaqt Gary has just struck upon the 2 best band names ever.

I am so calling my band "Your Face Is Shit".

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-07-17 03:25:20

theres a band called "Facedowninshit"

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-07-17 09:14:39

At 7/17/08 06:18 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: It's gonna be whack!

Word

down on the upside

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-07-18 01:50:46

At 7/17/08 06:18 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: LOL! A Pseudo-Fascist and a Semi-Conservative rockin out to anti-Bush Raps? It's gonna be whack!

j...jayz is CRYPTOFA!?

*sell records on ebay, makes big $$$*

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-07-22 08:15:20

Nuclear Winter Wonderland - 26 Doors

The title alone has a mystical quality to it. These 26 doors are only opened very briefly, most last for less than a minute, but they are open for long enough for us to get a glimpse of what lies behind. We can only guess if the fact that, when abbreviated, Nuclear Winter Wonderland becomes NWW, the same abbreviation for Nurse With Wound, is a coincidence. In any case, I opened the first door with Steven Stapleton in my mind.

The first door greets us with a warm drone, it is something akin to a garden on a warm summers day, perhaps owned by a Bhuddist. We are snapped out of complacency by Door B, which is by comparison a glitching sonic nightmare. Door C is even more mechanical, with an ever slowing tempo, like walking through molasses. Glimpses of sheering noise rupture through the treacle.

Door D greets us with more glitching, starting off like a computer game that has crashed, but turning into a simmering noise, before dissapating into clicking. Door E lets us into some type of factory and Door F seems to be see-sawing, via the panning. We are greeted with someone who seems to be taunting us with the absurd. We close the door on him and head to Door G.

Door G is floating full of mournful tones. It appears to be some sort of requiem and judging by how it sticks, we are not welcome there. Indeed, the music changes, moves up a few octaves and becomes chilling. We are physically threatened with a man with a gun, before closing this door.

Door H has quite a frentic scene going on behind it. The music is fast paced and it sounds like it's at a running pace before grinding down. Door I perhaps has Whitehouse performing behind it and we wish we could stay longer, but it's onward to Door J. More molasses, very glitchy molasses. Door K sounds like another computer game world, Door L appears to lead us to a technical fault. Alarms are going off and wherever we are, we are not safe, no matter what the pleasant tune underneath it all tries to tell us.

Door M is another computer game on downers, Door N leads us to droning, perhaps we are in a be hive. If we are, it is pretty deserted, the spaciousness of the sound leads us to assume we are (almost) alone.

Door O is quite a surprise. It's happy, another warm summers day perhaps? In the garden drinking orange juice. Door P appeard to lead us to a Metal band experimenting with atmospherics, we stay for a while in awe.

Door Q seems to take us to a number station, only I don't hear numbers. The atmosphere is very reminiscent of them though. This is a creepy place and people are talking to us. It is not nice and we want to go.

Door R is drone. Pure drone. Like the darker moments of Lou Reed's The Raven. We aren't welcome here either, yet we spent longer here. In dread and terror. We take the next door. I don't know where we are. Are we underwater? Perhaps we are in the trunk of a car? We don't know.

Door T takes us to something that I can only imagine as some sort of alien planet. Like the ones from Aliens, not like Star Trek at all.

Door U seems to rescue us from all of this, as it delivers us to a Bizarro Residents. A motor hugs in the background, I am content here.

Door V is a little unsetteling. I feel as though I am in a temple of some sort and altohugh I'm not in danger, I'm creeped out and I don't feel welcome. Door W is quite clearly a UFO, wether I'm welcome or not, I don't give a damn, I'm off to Door X. Without you.

Only kidding, I'm not leaving you there to die. Maybe I should have, I think I hear chainsaws. Maybe you were safer back there. The glitches sound a bit like screaming. Someone is certainly dying here.

Door Y seems to take us to another band experimenting with atmospherics. As such, this is one of the longer stays. We reach our final door. It's another radio station. And it does sound like aliens too. I'm scared. I am sure I've heard the words "Dr. Moreau" and it seems to end with screaming. I close the door and I sit down.

10/10

Children of terror

Elders are slaughtered

Blood sacrifices to the God of corn

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-07-23 18:28:17

^ g*ddamn

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-07-23 19:21:01

At 7/23/08 06:28 PM, MAYORMCHEESE wrote: ^ g*ddamn

I also feel the need to point out that I used the word Bhuddist and Michael Gira says that Bhuddism is the closest match to his beliefs about the universe. Therefore I deem your work Holy now, as I do Giras.

Children of terror

Elders are slaughtered

Blood sacrifices to the God of corn

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-07-23 20:21:30

my mind is blown

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-07-28 15:58:41

I downloaded "Hell Is Invisible...Heaven Is Her/E" by Psychic TV about a month ago. I like it more than any TG stuff i've heard...

bump

down on the upside

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-07-30 02:53:47

i feel like a false Swans fan: the album 'Calling the vultures' by Enduser supposedly samples Swans, but I listened to the entire album and didn't hear it. welp.

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-08-11 13:23:56

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-08-19 20:35:16

revco may not die just yet

"Much like Menudo does or the Blue Man Group, I was going to hand the band over to this younger generation of RevCo's, to Sin [Quirin/guitars], Josh [Bradford/vocals] and Clayton [Worbeck/keyboards], kind of franchise it out. I think that these three knuckleheads capture the true essence and spirit of being 'a Revolting Cock,' if you will. But, this album turned out so damned good, I think I'm going to stick around for a while."

"This is the best RevCo album I've ever done," Al continued. "As a matter of fact, I think this is the best album - including Ministry, Pailhead, Lard - anything I've ever done, period. Production-wise, song-wise, I'm really, really happy with this record. It's the first CD I've ever gotten back from the mastering studio that I didn't have anything to bitch about. No complaints. I listened to the whole thing and just went, 'OK, that's a wrap. Let's go'!"

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-08-22 04:30:23

dude you change in like every single picutre i see of you

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-08-22 09:09:24

At 8/21/08 08:56 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I WONDER WHAT THIS COULD BE?! IT SEEMS TO SAY "TG"

You like you're about to cry

down on the upside

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-08-25 12:53:42

What is industrial?
I know industrial hardcorehouse and industrial darkcore sounds a bit machinish and noisy

NavXIII wrote:An old white guy has no chance at beating a Kenyan in a race.

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-08-25 15:51:05

At 8/21/08 09:38 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I CUT HIS BALLS OFF WITH MY KNIFE!

KNI-AY-FYE!

Could be the most awesome knife ever, right there.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-08-25 15:52:47

At 8/21/08 09:38 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I CUT HIS BALLS OFF WITH MY KNIFE!

KNI-AY-FYE!

Could be the most awesome knife ever, right there.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-09-01 00:55:07

i sat by one of the Residents at the Jello Biafra and Melvins show a few years back

he had something to eat but i forgot how he ate it cause he was wearing that costume

also he was tall as all hell

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-09-01 01:00:38

i heard a coil song on the radio and i liked it

also, has anyone heard of crystal castles? they aren't industrial, they're more like electronic music with noise influences rather than vice versa, but they are good.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-09-01 03:47:19

crystal castles ripped off trevor brown

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-09-07 04:45:14

alice glass is a BEAUTIFUL WOMAN

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-09-12 23:28:11

I downloaded Nail by Foetus yesterday.

I like it...

bump

down on the upside

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-09-16 19:17:18

Culturcide - "Industrial Band"

On the road for two days
Last night, Reno, we didn't play
The club got itself shut
We ate inner at pizza hut
What kind of music do you play?
It's a cross between Cyndi Lauper, early SPK
Your comparisions never bore me
As long as you can fit me in your category
We're an industrial band
We're coming to your town
You're gonna pin us down
We're an industrial band
We're not fast enough for punk today
We don't have enough money to become new wave
Feeling down, feeling depressed, feeling doom
There's no toilet paper in the bathroom
But these fine ladies, they had plans
They went out to meet the boys in the band
They said "Come on dudes, let's have sex!"
But we just talked about child abuse and Hitler's SS cause
We're an industrial band
We're coming to your town
We're gonna bring you down
Cause we're an industrial band

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-09-17 23:40:41

At 9/16/08 07:17 PM, MAYORMCHEESE wrote: Culturcide - "Industrial Band"

OMG that made my day!

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-09-28 22:28:46

At 9/28/08 07:44 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: Roffle waffles

"Our Gross National Beats Per Minute is at its lowest point since 1991."

That is probably the best thing I have ever read.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-10-04 18:54:20

wanna see something really weird?

Toronto's Fucked Up will be celebrating the release of their Matador Records debut, The Chemistry of Common Life, this Tuesday will a 12-hour marathon show.

On October 14th from 2pm until 2am, the band will be playing a twelve-hour show at the Rogan store at the corner of Bowery and Bond. Admission is free. All ages are welcome to attend, though the free alcohol will be limited to those 21 and over. Additionally, a free limited-edition 7" of "Royal Swan" will be given away to the first batch of attendees, with a second allotment given away at a later time in the show to be announced.

Special guests will be joining the band on stage to help them through this marathon, including the Vivian Girls, John Joseph, Matt Sweeney, Chain Gang, Mobb Deep, Ryan Sawyer from Tall Firs, Jeff Jensen, David Cross, John Cale, K-Taro, Chris Doherty, E.K., DJ Chris, DJ Anarki, Michael Gira, members of the Australian Scapa Flow, Jeanne Bovet, Gods & Queens, Akon, The Edge, Ben Blackwell, Russell Simins, the Boogie and more.

michael gira is gonna be in the same show with fucked up, akon and mobb deep

*eyes pop out* !!!

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-10-07 21:01:06

this is from SMNNews so sorry for how badly written this story is:

Post-punk vocalist JARBOE will release her new album on October 14 in the US through eclectic Brooklyn-based label The End Records. The project, entitled MahaKali, follows on the heels of JARBOE's highly successful J2 collaboration with Justin K Broadrick (Godflesh, Jesu), released earlier this year by THE END. MahaKali is currently streaming in its entirety, courtesy of Rhapsody.

Before writing her off toooo quickly, the album features all-star line-up with special guest appearances by Philip Anselmo (Down, Superjoint Ritual, Pantera) and Attila Csihar (Mayhem). Also appearing are Josh Graham (A Storm of Light, ex-Red Sparowes), Kevin Hufnagel (Dysrhythmia, Byla), and spoken word recitations with collaborator/bassist Cedric Victor.

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-10-07 21:05:38

At 10/4/08 06:54 PM, MAYORMCHEESE wrote: Special guests will be joining the band on stage to help them through this marathon

ARGH JESUS FUCK WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Sounds bloody brilliant.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-10-11 17:39:34

At 10/11/08 05:14 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: Sound Godly. Also: release date for new TG is 4th November.

Also: Hilarity abound. Read the artists.

Ministry, that's about all the Industrial there is. Wow, people suck at obscure as shit music.