00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tankman420420 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Industrial Crew.

101,151 Views | 1,556 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-02-17 22:08:27

(:<
Dead club is dead.

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-02-17 22:38:28

At 2/13/08 02:42 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: Plus, cowboy hats seem to say "I shoot people". Quite frankly, that picture of God almost made me shit a brick.

Oh, for sure.

I kinda wish I had a cowboy hat right about now.

Also, after a lot of non-stop listening lately, I must say my favourite melodic Swans tune is by far "Blood Promise".

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-02-17 22:55:42

blood promise rules

the intro reminds me of this music i saw in some korean propaganda cartoon i saw on youtube a while back anyways yeah

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-02-17 23:31:14

At 2/17/08 10:55 PM, MAYORMCHEESE wrote: the intro reminds me of this music i saw in some korean propaganda cartoon i saw on youtube a while back anyways yeah

That sounds really awesome.

If you ever come across it again, post it, please.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-02-19 03:05:46

My friend Jordan is being an ignorant twat. I rape him with Swans, and try to get him into industrial, but he's all "Swans suck, because their sound is generic." I was all "And Slipknot's sound isn't generic? Oh wait, I forgot you only like "angry music." Ugh, DO NOT DISRESPECT GOD!

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-02-20 00:27:40

At 2/19/08 03:05 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: My friend Jordan is being an ignorant twat. I rape him with Swans, and try to get him into industrial, but he's all "Swans suck, because their sound is generic." I was all "And Slipknot's sound isn't generic? Oh wait, I forgot you only like "angry music." Ugh, DO NOT DISRESPECT GOD!

Angry?

Swans fucking epitomize angry.

Your friend is stupid.

You should fucking kill him.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-02-20 01:25:45

At 2/20/08 12:27 AM, Gendo wrote:
At 2/19/08 03:05 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: My friend Jordan is being an ignorant twat. I rape him with Swans, and try to get him into industrial, but he's all "Swans suck, because their sound is generic." I was all "And Slipknot's sound isn't generic? Oh wait, I forgot you only like "angry music." Ugh, DO NOT DISRESPECT GOD!
Angry?

Swans fucking epitomize angry.

Your friend is stupid.

You should fucking kill him.

He has all the Rivethead Qualities: Trenchcoat, nihilistic, and emotionless. Only he has a philosiphy that music has to be fast to be considered angry. He obviously doesn't care for the lyrics. Why? Well, possibly because he's a drummer, and spends his whole fucking time listening to songs with really loud drumbeats. Basically, he thought Industrial was something like Rammstien. Basically, he's just an ignorant twat with a repetitive taste in music, and being absolutely cynical about Swans. So yeah, that's it.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-02-20 12:02:15

At 2/20/08 06:35 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: Why is he your friend?

Because, amongst other things, he's relitively the only person at my school I can play music with. Because he doesn't suck ass at drums, and he doesn't play failshit (aka, generic as fuck bands like RHCP, and Green Day amongst other rapeshit bands.) He also has my dark sense of humour, which is a plus.

All of my friends respect Swans. They are terrified of them and do not want to listen, but they still respect them.

Well, Jordan did admit that the lyrics were awesome, and he did enjoy one song because it sounded to him like "something Dio Brando, and Alucard would fight too." His choice of music is just more along the lines of metal and hard rock. Also, He's absolutely terrified of them to the extent that the only way to cope with the rape of epic is to vaguely insult me, and swans at my expense. So yeah, he is like your friends.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-02-24 16:55:20

Earlier I posted about that Hanatarash bulldozer incident, well there's no video of it but I found a slideshow from the show:

http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~gin/rock/jap an/hanatarasi/hanatarashi2/hanatarashi2.
html

Click the play button once it finishes loading.

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-02-24 20:02:17

At 2/24/08 04:55 PM, MAYORMCHEESE wrote: Earlier I posted about that Hanatarash bulldozer incident, well there's no video of it but I found a slideshow from the show:

I lost the URL for that.

Many thanks.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-02-24 22:12:55

At 2/24/08 08:33 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: Gary Numan is playing in a larger venue than the last 2 times he was through here.

Oooh, sounds promising.

Pray for a classics-heavy set.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-02-25 00:06:38

more details on the Mayhem show

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-03-01 21:29:52

Swans - Children of God/World of Skin just arrived in the mail

in other news, Pig Destroyer added to Japan At the Gates/Mayhem/DEP tour

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-03-02 03:42:50

Have you guys been paying attention to the new MSI stuff? I've heard the songs "Due" and "Mastermind" so far. Nothing too spectacular. Mastermind was a little Linkin Park-ish actually, but kinda catchy.

Let's discuss this whilst I am temporarily back from the dead :D

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-03-02 03:58:05

Anyone like Gary Numan?

"I like to put on the Backstreet Boys and have men hit me with wet towels...." - Billy Corgan

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-03-02 04:02:21

sooooooooo

(\__/) This is Bunny. come to my userpage

(O.o)click my sig for speacial suprise I HOPE YUO LIKE IT

(> < )

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-03-02 04:19:32

At 3/2/08 04:02 AM, samsam72 wrote: sooooooooo

sooooooooo stop spamming you fucking loser.

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-03-02 15:49:50

At 3/2/08 04:02 AM, samsam72 wrote: sooooooooo

SO WHAT so what so what (So What?)

SO WHAT so what so what (So what.)

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-03-02 22:09:26

At 2/25/08 12:08 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: He's touring with Replicas. =3

Dear Lord, yes....

At 3/1/08 09:29 PM, MAYORMCHEESE wrote: Swans - Children of God/World of Skin just arrived in the mail

Fabulous, both albums are good.

in other news, Pig Destroyer added to Japan At the Gates/Mayhem/DEP tour

Gee, I wish I could travel, because I really want to fucking see that.

At 3/2/08 03:42 AM, MadCow wrote: Have you guys been paying attention to the new MSI stuff? I've heard the songs "Due" and "Mastermind" so far. Nothing too spectacular. Mastermind was a little Linkin Park-ish actually, but kinda catchy.

I haven't been keeping current with any of my favourite bands...

Let's discuss this whilst I am temporarily back from the dead :D

Oh God, yes.

PLEASE STAY!

At 3/2/08 08:40 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I seen him live a few hours ago.

So, how was it?

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-03-03 19:04:54

Dude you are so lucky, I wish he didn't just play UK gigs.
I wish he would come to the states.
Numan is so great.

"I like to put on the Backstreet Boys and have men hit me with wet towels...." - Billy Corgan

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-03-03 22:18:52

I have something to discuss. While on the Youtubes I saw the author of the video use "A Screw" in his video. I complimented him on his tastes in bands (He had MSI, and Anal Cunt in the video as well.) Anyways, after praising him for use of the Swans, he replied to me with an interesting query. it goes like this:

"TheNoooo (5 days ago) ...Speaking of Swans, isn't "A Screw" somewhat a kind of concidental jab at all of these modern bling-bling rap artists or something?"

LETS DISCUSS THIS IDEA, BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVE IT!

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-03-03 22:48:02

Ooh, MSI posted a bulletin on myspace revealing shit about "If"

"On April 29th, Mindless Self Indulgence will release If in North America.
The record will be released in four different formats, each with it's own artwork.

Here is the rundown on each version so that you can pick your poison(s):

Standard Edition
Album artwork has absolutely nothing to do with Jhonen Vasquez whatsoever (see below), however it does contain never-before-seen photos of the band. Designed by MSI and Jorden Haley.

01) Never Wanted To Dance
02) Evening Wear
03) Lights Out
04) Prescription
05) Issues
06) Get It Up
07) Revenge
08) Animal
09) Mastermind
10) On It
11) Pay For It
12) Due
13) Money
14) Bomb This Track
15) Mark David Chapman

Deluxe Edition
Limited Edition to 25,000 worldwide. Contains a bonus DVD, and the case/full leaflet contains artwork by Jhonen Vasquez. When these are gone, they will be gone for good, so if you want Jhonen's complete artwork, this is the way to go.

Disc 1 - CD
02) Evening Wear
03) Lights Out
04) Prescription
05) Issues
06) Get It Up
07) Revenge
08) Animal
09) Mastermind
10) On It
11) Pay For It
12) Due
13) Money
14) Bomb This Track
15) Mark David Chapman

Disc 2 - DVD
1) Stupid MF (Live in Birmingham 2007)
2) Straight To Video (Live in Birmingham 2007)
3) Tornado (Live at Webster Hall 2005)
4) Animal (Live at Webster Hall 2005)
5) Animal (Music Video by M Dot Strange)

Clean/Edited Edition
Album artwork has absolutely nothing to do with Jhonen Vasquez whatsoever (see below) and is a spiffy "black" version of the standard. It too contains never-before-seen photos of the band, as well as an exclusive bonus track. We wanted to hook you up if you were only able to score the record in an edited format, so we added this full-band studio recording of the fav-favorite, "Uncle". This version of "Uncle" is -NOT- the mono demo that was on MySpace a while back, this is a brand new proper recording. Packaging designed by MSI and Jorden Haley.

02) Evening Wear
03) Lights Out
04) Prescription
05) Issues
06) Get It Up
07) Uncle
08) Revenge
09) Animal
10) Mastermind
11) On It
12) Pay For It
13) Due
14) Money
15) Bomb This Track
16) Mark David Chapman

Vinyl Edition
Album artwork by Jhonen Vasquez, though with a slight "twist" from the deluxe edition. While this does not contain all of the Jhonen artwork (as the limited edition deluxe version contains), we selected a few choice cuts for this gorgeous 180 gram double vinyl album (w/gate fold sleeve). With the purchase of vinyl, you will also get a download card which entitles you to the entire "standard" version of the record, so that you don't have to chose between digital and fat vinyl quality.

Side A
02) Evening Wear
03) Lights Out
04) Revenge

Side B
01) Animal
02) Pay For It
03) Due
04) Money
05) Mark David Chapman

Side C
01) Issues
02) Get It Up
03) Prescription

Side D
01) On It
02) Bomb This Track
03) Mastermind

We will be announcing pre-order options Wednesday March 5th, 2008. Have fun mulling over your choices 'till then.

See you soon."

Sounds good. There's some sexy album artwork by Jhonen Vasquez too.

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-03-03 22:49:39

I imagine quite a few of you in this crew are fans of KMFDM, and if it hasnt already been discussed, some of you will be geeked to know that KMFDM is releasing the "24/7" vinyls. Here's the details I got offa their website. Enjoy, and sorry if someone already talked about this:

"Celebrating KMFDM's 24th Anniversary, KMFDM Records presents KMFDM 24/7, a series of 24 KMFDM Classics on 7" vinyl singles! The first 7" of the series is available now in the KMFDM Store. 23 more 7"s will follow on the first of each month for the next two years culminating with an exclusive new single on Feb 01, 2010.

Each release is strictly limited to 250 copies. The KMFDM 24/7 series is exclusive to the KMFDM Store. The next release will be Don't Blow Your Top on April 01, 2008."

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-03-04 11:56:21

At 3/3/08 10:18 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote:

Uhhh, no?

I don't think Gira even knew what "bling" was when he wrote that song

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-03-05 18:59:24

At 3/4/08 11:56 AM, MAYORMCHEESE wrote:
At 3/3/08 10:18 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote:

Uhhh, no?

I don't think Gira even knew what "bling" was when he wrote that song

Well, since Gira is god and infallible, he is allowed to change the meanings of every song he makes. As soon as he heard a bunch of nmonkeys talking about bling, he changed the meaning of "A Screw." SO HAH!!!

Also, KMFDM are annoying, and rather bland as shit. Also, EBM=/=Industrial. Why is this true? Because a friend showed me a group called "Grendal," saying that they were Industrial. One listen, and I was all "WTF? THIS IS TRANCE BULLSHIT! NOT INDUSTRIAL!" The band themselve said on their myspace that they're Industrial. Clearly this band has no fucking idea what Industrial is.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-03-05 21:01:19

At 3/3/08 10:48 PM, MadCow wrote: Ooh, MSI posted a bulletin on myspace revealing shit about "If"

Hmm. I wasn't really considering buying it, but now that I've seen that Mark David Chapman and Pay For It are on there, I just might buy it...

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-03-05 21:24:27

At 3/3/08 10:48 PM, MadCow wrote: Ooh, MSI posted a bulletin on myspace revealing shit about "If"

fukken want

Also, shut up, Matt.

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-03-05 22:33:31

At 3/5/08 06:59 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Also, EBM=/=Industrial.

EBM =/= Trance

EBM = Industrial

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-03-05 23:38:42

At 3/5/08 10:39 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I'll probably pick up all editions of If. :3

OH, GO TO HELL

I can't decide if I wanted the limited or vinyl edition...

Response to Industrial Crew. 2008-03-05 23:49:41

At 3/5/08 11:38 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 3/5/08 10:39 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I'll probably pick up all editions of If. :3
OH, GO TO HELL

I can't decide if I wanted the limited or vinyl edition...

I'm probably gonna just get the Deluxe Edition, if I can. Have no real use for any other versions like vinyl.

Speaking of editions of shit, uhhh, did anyone hear about the new Nine Inch Nail album, Ghosts I-IV? Basically a bunch off cool dark industrial sounding instrumentals (at least that's the impression I get from the couple songs I've heard on their myspace.

You can order it in a couple different forms, because apparently there's no record label involved in the release. I'm probably gonna just get the $5 one because it's the whole album, and I don't need all the special stuff you get with the other versions. You can get the first 9 tracks for free too, which is pretty neat. Order Options.

BBS Signature