00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GonzoidPrime just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Net neutrality

829 Views | 11 Replies

Net neutrality 2007-02-20 21:19:55

This is the video you need to see.

I know this is a big issue. Im not sure if Newgrounds has been much aware of it.

Basically: AT&T is leading the way into big corporations controlling the internet and taking over service providers.

They tell you what you can and cannot see for free, and you cannot upload anything yourself. Anything else, you pay for. How much depends on what.

This is the most basic term of it.

This has happened to newspapers - the newspaper used to be a bulletin board much like the internet in which everyone submitted stuff to it, and that's what made it.

Then businesses took it over, slowly, and now it's all corporations and reporters doing it.

Same thing happened to radio and television, and now it's happening to the internet.

Know what this means? No more Newgrounds, no more YouTube, no more LiveJournal or MySpace, amoung thousands of others.

BBS Signature

Response to Net neutrality 2007-02-20 21:21:27

The internet is not a fucking piece of property. I can tolerate people owning things that shouldn't be like land, food and shelter but COME THE FUCK ON. The internet...its...its a series of tubes....that should be free.

Response to Net neutrality 2007-02-20 21:21:54

I've heard of this. It's been around for a while.
Monopolized, corporate ownership.

What with all the open source and fluidity of the internet though, I doubt it could ever be truly harnessed.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Net neutrality 2007-02-20 21:22:47

I think it's an awsome idea, it's about time people come in and put a stop to sites that have gone far beyond normal sense and logic...

YTMND and 4chan for example...

Response to Net neutrality 2007-02-20 21:23:14

We need to fight it.
HOW? i don't know.

Response to Net neutrality 2007-02-20 21:24:10

It can't happen. It's just another threat to our e-freedom, lets see them make it happen! The government is run by terrorists I tell you!

skittles

BBS Signature

Response to Net neutrality 2007-02-20 21:24:12

Well then fuck AT&T

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to Net neutrality 2007-02-20 21:25:27

At 2/20/07 09:24 PM, Seasons wrote: Well then fuck AT&T

seconded

Response to Net neutrality 2007-02-20 21:29:17

At 2/20/07 09:22 PM, JetForce wrote: YTMND and 4chan for example...

1. Nobody is forcing you to associate with those websites. Dont like, dont click.
2. You would not be allowed to upload any material and that might just include your own opinion about something.
3. What other websites do you like?

BBS Signature

Response to Net neutrality 2007-02-20 21:33:32

At 2/20/07 09:29 PM, Shadow-XII wrote:
At 2/20/07 09:22 PM, JetForce wrote: YTMND and 4chan for example...
1. Nobody is forcing you to associate with those websites. Dont like, dont click.

You're right, I don't visit the site, but when multiple DOS attacks are planned and launched from those sites it becomes my problem because they are breaking the rules, not me.

Response to Net neutrality 2007-02-20 21:34:51

Well, looks like we're gonna have to create another form of communication and information distribution. I'm thinking making everyone's thoughts linked together. No wait, then big corporations would just buy our minds.

Response to Net neutrality 2007-02-20 21:35:13

At 2/20/07 09:31 PM, Fyndir wrote: "The concept of Net Neutrality, I'm not even sure what that means"

That's complete bullshit how he says that. You're right about how much he knows.

The fibre optic net in New Zealand hasnt been implanted yet for the same reason.

While you're here, could you please give me a hand with this?

BBS Signature