00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Davidmarin just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I got hit by a car today.

871 Views | 15 Replies

I got hit by a car today. 2007-02-15 13:57:46

It felt quite awkward. I went to a mate on my bicycle but halfway there I got hit. The actual collision looked like it was only for a second. When I woke up I was still lying on the ground, but I didn't felt any pain. (I do now though.) The weird thing is that I almost completely destroyed the driver's windshield but I'm almost unharmed. This is the first time something like this happened to me.

Share your stories with car-accidents here.

BBS Signature

Response to I got hit by a car today. 2007-02-15 13:59:34

How did you get hit? Whose fault was it?

Your bike destroyed?

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to I got hit by a car today. 2007-02-15 14:00:29

I hope there are no parodies made about this.

hello

Response to I got hit by a car today. 2007-02-15 14:01:40

I was on my bike and I was atleast 9. I closed my eyes to see what it would be like to ride with eyes closed.I opened my eyes and I was about to run into a parked car.So instead of trying to swerve out the way I decide to go crash into the car.I banged my knee cap really bad.No blood but it was like getting sledgehammered nto the knee cap.

Response to I got hit by a car today. 2007-02-15 14:03:24

When i was in year six (when i was 10) my mums car hit black ice and i did my finger in and my brother crack the window. It was really painfull although it was a tiny injury so remember wear your seat belt, my finger doesn't work porperly anymore

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature

Response to I got hit by a car today. 2007-02-15 14:03:46

OMG!
that is the most terrible news i have ever heard...
is the car alright?

Response to I got hit by a car today. 2007-02-15 14:04:15

One time, my dad drove the car in the back of another car.
And another time, on a bus, a guy opened his door - from the inside, obviously - and the bus smashed into the door.

That's about everything I can remember...

The codfish on the park bench is fried by the raw maple. 30/10/2009

BBS Signature

Response to I got hit by a car today. 2007-02-15 14:06:27

Im going down a steep road thats on a hill. When behind me comes a armoured truck at max speed i turn into the side walk i flip over the handel bars and land on a pile of leaves (i was so frikin lucky).

(gamerking as in i was the blackjack champ in my group of friends for a while >_>)

Drumming my anti-drug.

BBS Signature

Response to I got hit by a car today. 2007-02-15 14:06:56

At 2/15/07 02:00 PM, Tek-Heart wrote: I hope there are no parodies made about this.

to late

DDDDUUUURRRR

BBS Signature

Response to I got hit by a car today. 2007-02-15 14:07:38

hello

Response to I got hit by a car today. 2007-02-15 14:08:29

When I was in 4th grade my brother got hit by a brand new corvette, and I ran into its side, completely cracking the fiberglass thing next to the wheel all the way up to the hood. She was a nurse.

Response to I got hit by a car today. 2007-02-15 14:09:26

A few months back I crashed into a car whilst cycling- some idiot decided to open their car door just as I was cycling past, and I didn't have time to react and avoid it. In retrospect that was probably for the best, as a swerve would have taken me into the oncoming traffic.

Anyway, I was left with a few minor bumps and bruises, and a fairly impressive gash on my right leg. My bike was a bit crumpled at the front, but was fixable when I took it to the bike store a week later. The car on the other hand had a cracked windshield (no idea how- must have been the frame bending as I never touched the front), and I almost completely took the drivers door off.

Bike 1-0 Car :)

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to I got hit by a car today. 2007-02-15 14:10:45

I'll tell you about the time I hit a drunk preacher.

It was 7:15am on a tuesday morning, and I was driving to work. I was on a 4-lane highway, and I was in the left lane, going about 60mph. Anyway, I see up ahead that there's a white pickup truck on the shoulder of the road, surrounded by people and kids. I slow down to about 50, because I'm worried about the kids. Suddenly the pickup jumps out into the road, attempting to do a humongous U-turn through all four lanes of traffic so he can go the other way. Unfortunately, it was too late for me to get away, and I slammed into his driver-side door. We both spun around a couple of times and landed perfectly inside the turning lane. My airbag had deployed, and my car was totaled, but all I suffered was a bruise on my waist and on my shoulder from the seatbelt, a broken pair of glasses (from the airbag), and some slight friction burns on my inner thumbs from where the airbag had jerked my hands away from teh wheel.

I had hit his truck at an odd angle, causing his front left tire to break the axle and sit on its side, propping that corner of the truck up (the mechanics said they'd never seen something like that happen before). The guy got out of his truck, and the first words he said were, "It's okay! I'm a preacher!"

I'm trying to figure out how the hell that's supposed to help anything, when this guy pulls up behind us and asks us if we're all right. I say I'm okay, but my car is smoking, and I'm afraid to get back inside to get my cel phone out. I was pretty shaken up, and I was panicking like I thought my car would blow up, lol. He let me use his cell phone to call my parents, while the preacher's family (all the people and kids that had been surrounding the truck prior) came running over to check on us too.

The state police got there before anyone else, and they immediately began hollering at the guy's family to quit taking stuff out of the back of the truck. They had been removing golfing gear, fishing equipment, and coolers of god knows what, lol. The next thing I hear from the state patrolman is, "now tell me how much you've had to drink sir, and don't lie to me because I can smell it on your breath."

That's when I realized I'd just hit a drunk preacher at 7:15 on a tuesday morning.

Oh, but it gets better. After the state cops left him and came to talk to me, the guy dropped his pants and began peeing in the middle of the road. His family quickly huddled around him to cover him up, but not before one of the state cops saw it. By this time my parents had already gotten there, and one of the state cops said to my mom, "isn't that indecent exposure?"

My mom said, "I think that's the least of his problems now."

Long story short, the guy lost his license for having yet another DUI on his record, and he had crappy insurance because no one would insure him. My insurance company had to fight them tooth and nail to get any money, and they even had a detective call me and try to admit that the preacher hadn't done anything to suggest he was intoxicated. I told him to go fuck himself. :) I had to buy a new car (my old one wasn't more than a month old... and it was such a pretty blue...), and lost out on the payments I'd already made on the old one. :(

Moral of the story: friends don't let preachers drive drunk.

"Men don't grow up; they just grow out."

Response to I got hit by a car today. 2007-02-15 14:19:50

At 2/15/07 02:10 PM, Shuko wrote: I'll tell you about the time I hit a drunk preacher.

That was an epic story, deserves it's own topic.

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to I got hit by a car today. 2007-02-15 14:22:44

That happens all the time where I live. You will be riding on the side of the road like your supposed to and some impatient asshole comes along driving like a faggot and hits your back tire. Its such bullshit.

BBS Signature

Response to I got hit by a car today. 2007-02-15 14:27:54

At 2/15/07 01:59 PM, Seasons wrote: How did you get hit? Whose fault was it?

Sideways, I crashed with my back into his windshield. The driver actually sort of charged at me.

Your bike destroyed?

Almost completely.

At 2/15/07 02:09 PM, Sentio wrote: Bike 1-0 Car :)

Haha, I guess I can say the same thing. I destroyed someone's windshield with my back and only minor injuries.

At 2/15/07 02:22 PM, Scrotaculous wrote: That happens all the time where I live. You will be riding on the side of the road like your supposed to and some impatient asshole comes along driving like a faggot and hits your back tire. Its such bullshit.

I'm glad that I don't live in the US. :0

BBS Signature