00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

babydash65 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

MAC7 - February

26,679 Views | 232 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-02-28 10:18:28

At 2/28/07 10:11 AM, Rucklo wrote:
There are still a few more hours to find something Pico-ish before the contest close! :)

Yeah and btw. is it ok if I'm putting my suggestions on the final list along with the others? Because, posting them now would be like...lol, stupid.

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-02-28 10:29:19

At 2/28/07 10:18 AM, DarKsidE555 wrote:
At 2/28/07 10:11 AM, Rucklo wrote:
There are still a few more hours to find something Pico-ish before the contest close! :)
Yeah and btw. is it ok if I'm putting my suggestions on the final list along with the others? Because, posting them now would be like...lol, stupid.

Than you'd be posting them AFTER the deadline, wouldn't you? Now that'd be unfair, don't you think? Is that how it should be? Unfair? Huh?

lolz just post them noober >:(

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-02-28 17:36:15

Damn this month faded quick. Only one more day of submissions. And since everyone is talking about what Pico music is (gotta be trendy) I think its a mix of vinyl, distorted electric guitars, and a ADHD child drums played faster than fuck.

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-02-28 17:46:25

At 2/28/07 05:36 PM, JoeyNukes wrote: And since everyone is talking about what Pico music is (gotta be trendy) I think its a mix of vinyl, distorted electric guitars, and a ADHD child drums played faster than fuck.

hahaha that's spot on ^^

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-01 09:49:33

MAC.07.02 Judging 1st pass

OK judges - Submission time has ended and now we have to find a winner.

For the first pass, I need you to each nominate your 10 favorite submissions from the list. I'll need these as soon as you can get them to me.

DO NOT POST THEM IN THE TOPIC
PM me your nominees.

I won't set a hard deadline for this to be done unless I have to but keep in mind that we'd like to have a final winner declared by the end of the week so the earlier you can PM your list of 10 the sooner we can all set the final order.

If any of you cannot or no longer want to participate as a judge then please immediatley send me a PM with "I'm a bitch" in the subject line and I'll take your name(s) off of the list.

Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-01 10:27:19

FINAL list of suggestions:

winKoneR suggested:

the PICO DAY anthem by JAZZA out of Misc.

--------------------------------------

tomfitz suggested:

Raw Ping by Spinewall out of HipHop Modern
Belittlement by NemesisTheory out of R&B
DarkTheme by idt75 out of Drum N Bass

Crusher13 suggested:

High road blues by Khuskan out of Jazz

JoeyNukes suggested:

Niko by margarine out of Brit Pop
Metal Damage by Androu1 out of Heavy Metal
-The End Of It All- (Demo) by Quickbeam out of Heavy Metal

Spikrodd suggested:

'Change your Socks' By Tub70 out of ambient
'AznPB - TC_Rave Remix' By AznPB out of Dance
'=Scratchin'=' By Dog out of HipHop Modern

Glib suggested:

Oh, Pico! By deckheadtottie out of Pop
Director of Funk by dj_padman1 out of House
mosh moshi qeshi! by qeshi out of Dance

Father-of-Death suggested:

Barrels of Fun--_-- by BLACKNOISE out of Dance
I Am a Robot by JethrotheOMB out of Misc.
silly monkey by grimace22 out of Indie

VegetarianMeat suggested:

LHM - ENDLESS HANDBAG ('98 NG) by FDA out of Misc.
Attempted Crime by vonDark out of Ambient
black sky by snayk out of Industrial

DSMagnum suggested:

The Most Inspiring Song Ever by Bezo out of Misc.
2004 11 17 Cuffs by FDA out of Drum N Bass
+*+*(Powerline - I2I)*+*+ by Chronamut out of Pop

PiePie suggested:

Attention! by Gporev out of Ska
Never, Maybe, Forever by HyruleanHyroe out of Ska
Yackedool! by Yackemflaber out of Pop

Heppo suggested:

Guitar VS Piano 2.0 by Dj-Rec0il out of Dance
Trapdoor (beast mix) by Kaisun out of Drum N Bass
Tropico Loop by Mars-Hill out of Video Game

fuzz suggested:

Surf's up! by lexus3 out of Indie

dave suggested:

Avast (Redone) by Xenogenocide out of Heavy Metal
The Hunt is on (TNXS) by Xenogenocide out of Heavy Metal
Supercharged (2nd Attempt) by Xenogenocide out of Heavy Metal

DjDTM suggested:

Fatalism by dj-padman1 out of Drum N Bass
The Sound Of Anger by Coldfire-3000 out of Heavy Metal
=+= NeW LiFe =+= by Deefour out of Trance

Anth0n suggested:

Techno Fun5 Fixed by czer323 out of Techno
speed freak by czer323 out of Drum N Bass
czer323 VS crunch by czer323 out of Techno

DragonsGrief suggested:

Clown song of death by cheshyre out of Techno

A-Wahl suggested:

...:::HAUNTED:::... by AK-Productions out of Hip Hop Modern
Timebomb by thecolony out of Misc.
Silent Shadow-Recoil by treebob1 out of Misc.

BBS Signature

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-01 10:28:50

madness49 suggested:

[Intensity g-R] by g-r4ve out of Industrial

tekcos suggested:

Overkill by Helix6 out of Industrial
Archetype by Helix6 out of Industrial
My Best Friend by Helix6 out of Industrial

2A-Squared suggested:

Exhal3 by B0UNC3 out of Drum N Bass
Alive by B0UNC3 out of Trance

SineRider suggested:

Cheesy Riff by Love-Hate-War out of Heavy Metal

holy-schat suggested:

Distorted Reality by fungus1 out of Heavy Metal

DarKsidE555 (lol me) suggested:

Star Dust by Dalton-Man321 out of Dance
War by Metaljonus out of Heavy Metal
3000 Miles From Me by Slug-Salt out of New Wave

END OF LIST

I ARE TEH WINNERZ! lmao >: (

BBS Signature

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-01 12:39:20

I cannot belive I fucking forgot to post my submissions... I suck, omfg >:´(

yay list ^^

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-01 12:42:52

At 3/1/07 12:39 PM, Rucklo wrote: I cannot belive I fucking forgot to post my submissions... I suck, omfg >:´(

yay list ^^

yes but you started the contest you could do shit with the results and take the shirt and stickers yourself >::::::(

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-01 12:45:29

At 3/1/07 12:42 PM, SBB wrote: yes but you started the contest you could do shit with the results and take the shirt and stickers yourself >::::::(

Sure, I'll just have to get to Philly and rob Tom on the goods. No prob, piece o' cake.

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-01 13:09:38

At 3/1/07 12:45 PM, Rucklo wrote:
At 3/1/07 12:42 PM, SBB wrote: yes but you started the contest you could do shit with the results and take the shirt and stickers yourself >::::::(
Sure, I'll just have to get to Philly and rob Tom on the goods. No prob, piece o' cake.

No I meant fix the results

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-01 13:14:58

At 3/1/07 01:09 PM, SBB wrote: No I meant fix the results

All judges votes go official when the judging is over, MAC tradition. Also, LJCoffee and I control the final results, both of us, so nothing fucks up along the way. But maybe I could bribe LJC... ^^

Actually, in the first MAC ever bribing was allowed, it's in the rules. Noone bribed me though :´(

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-01 13:21:33

Yes it was just a joke but it lost it's half funneh when you told the tr00th >:(

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-01 13:24:47

At 3/1/07 01:21 PM, SBB wrote: Yes it was just a joke but it lost it's half funneh when you told the tr00th >:(

lol i made you look bad ^^

Anyway, it's gonna be interesting to see what the judges have to say! Can't wait for that, thumbs out and start judging, judges ^^

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-01 15:26:19

At 3/1/07 10:27 AM, DarKsidE555 wrote: Oh, Pico! By deckheadtottie out of Pop

TEH LINK IS TEH SUXXORZ

Director of Funk by dj_padman1 out of House

It links to Tubby Beat by TomFuplert...

LJCoffee has PMs

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-01 15:43:26

i've only got 8 submissions picked and i can't think of any more.

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-02 08:23:28

At 3/1/07 03:26 PM, SBB wrote:
It links to Tubby Beat by TomFuplert...

WTF? I edited this shit already. Must be an error. Cause the code is correct. : /

Damn you tubby beat, damn you! >:: (

BBS Signature

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-03 12:02:55

!! JUDGES PLEASE READ !!

Please do what you can to send me your nominees by the end of the weekend.

I've got good news!
I just checked the NG PM system and it appears to be in good working order! Go use it.

Sunday, March 3rd at 9pm EST, I will be crossing names off of the judge lists.

BBS Signature

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-03 12:24:50

At 3/3/07 12:02 PM, LJCoffee wrote: **************************
!! JUDGES PLEASE READ !!

Please do what you can to send me your nominees by the end of the weekend.

I've got good news!
I just checked the NG PM system and it appears to be in good working order! Go use it.

Sunday, March 3rd at 9pm EST, I will be crossing names off of the judge lists.

This probably isn't something TOO important, but Sunday is the 4th. Today is the 3rd.

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-04 19:54:49

wow not that much poeple joined the comp.....

i thought there would be alot more.....

maybe if this goes well then next pico day there will be more excitement.

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-04 19:57:30

Its not as exciting as unique submissions.

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-04 20:04:05

At 3/4/07 07:57 PM, JoeyNukes wrote: Its not as exciting as unique submissions.

I second that!

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-05 04:03:22

Personal Judged Tracks 1/3. I'm not a judge so this post does not matter. I just wanted to share my views.

2A-Squard (Alive by B0UNC3) – A great track, but a little to repetitive. Not only that but the break in the song that’s followed by the crowd cheering in the background doesn’t really make it a good “Pico” or and flash movie song. It would be weird listening to a track to a Flash movie and then hearing a crowed cheer in the background.
4/10

2A-Squared (Exhal3 by B0UNC3) – Not bad, a lot like Alive by Bounce. It’s a bit slower and had a “sneaky… spy” feel to it. This could be used as a decent track for Pico sneaking around a school hallway.
6/10

Anth0n (czer323 VS crunch by czer323) – Czer has always been a good artist on newground’s, and had worked hard to earn his original techno feel. This is a good track, just not an original track. I don’t think there’s enough hype in this song for a good Pico feel, also the track ends kind of lame. Just by slowing down the song…
3/10

Anth0n (speed freak by czer323) – This track has a good feel to it. I like it. I think it would make a great Pico track. It’s short and ends quickly, but if the Flash author was good at making it loop, it would be a great track.
6/10

Anth0n (Techno Fun5 Fixed by czer323) – This is the classic. Everyone knows, or should know this track. It would make a great Pico song, but un-fortunately it’s not that original.
5/10

A-Wah! (HAUNTED by AK-Productions) – This is a great dark track. To bad the “clap” sounds in the background completely ruin the track for me. They add a cheesy feel and also leave the track feeling “empty”.
3/10

A-Wah! (Silent Shadow-Recoil by treebob1) – This track is bad. It also feels like it was made with pre-made loops. It’s very generic and nothing unique about it. This song is a horrible choice for Pico music.
2/10

A-Wah! (Timebomb by thecolony) – I don’t think this song should be used in any Flash videos. It had no flow, and the samples used do not go together at all. This reminds me of an annoying clock going off at a grandmother’s house.
1/10

Crusher13 (High road blues by Khuskan) – This song is has a good grove to it. The only problem is I can’t really see it being used in a Pico flash. Maybe as credit music?
3/10

DarKsidE555 (3000 Miles From Me by Slug-Salt) – This song has a good slower feel to it. It ends a little abruptly, but that can be good to loop the song.
6/10

DarKsidE555 (Star Dust by Dalton-Man321) – This track is a little to generic for me. When it starts, the sounds are original and the build ups are predicable. The Snare drums don’t break into anything and the drum beat is repetitive.
3/10

DarKsidE555 (War by Metaljonus) - This is a cool symphonic hardcore track. The sound quality is a little low. It’s got some awesome NES guitar riffs. The ending of the song has a simple fade out, making it hard to loop.
4/10

DjDTM (=+= NeW LiFe =+= by Deefour) – This track has horrible sound quality to it. It feels like the author recorded the song by holding a mic up to his lame ass computer speakers.
1/10

DjDTM (Fatalism by dj-padman1) – The intro to this song is awesome and has good stereo recording. It’s got breaking sounds, kind of like and Aphex Twin style. The tracks got a good balanced tempo. It jumps around, and is kind of crazy sounding, but could be incorporated into a Pico flash easily. Thumbs up to this track.
7/10

DragonsGrief (Clown song of death by cheshyre) – Hard repetitive drums. If you’re looking for a crazy chaotic track, this is it. I didn’t like this too much, but I can picture this track being used in a Pico Flash. Intro boss music?
6/10

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-05 08:10:21

At 3/5/07 04:03 AM, tekcos wrote: Personal Judged Tracks 1/3. I'm not a judge so this post does not matter. I just wanted to share my views.

Great input man! This might help flashauthors making Pico-flashes for this years Picoday a great deal! I hope to see the last two parts soon. ^^

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-05 09:10:21

At 3/5/07 04:03 AM, tekcos wrote: Personal Judged Tracks 1/3. I'm not a judge so this post does not matter.

No, no - it does matter!

You did a great job on that. Judge or not, I wish more people would share thier views like that. If more people would post thier own reviews and ratings then we could incorporate those into the 'official' judging results and I think the overall contest results would be more accurate. It would also result in a much more involved and interactive MAC which is really the whole purpose anyway.

I am in the middle of compiling results from the nomination process and we'll have a list of ten (10) finalists very soon. I would like to encourage everyone to make your opinions known. Even if you're not a judge or on a list - if you'd like to nominate any of the above submissions as one of the ten finalists then please feel free to do so! This has always been a democratic contest - no single person has ever been in complete control of the results.

My favorite has always been the people who complain about the results but who never took part in the judging or reviewing in any way.

You're letting us know what you think and I for one can respect that.

BBS Signature

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-05 17:54:51

Personal Judged Tracks 2/3. The rest is coming later today.

DSMagnum (2004 11 17 Cuffs by FDA) – This is a short and sweet loop. It’s simple, original, and could be used in a Pico flash.
7/10

DSMagnum (++(Powerline - I2I)++ by Chronamut) – Whoah! Is this a joke? If you’re doing a flash about Pico dancing in a church quire then go ahead and pick this. This is not what I would imagine Pico music being, but I guess everyone’s got their own opinions…
5/10

DSMagnum (The Most Inspiring Song Ever by Bezo) – After falling over on the floor and vomiting all over myself I was able to write the rest of this. I’m not going to say hard work wasn’t put into this song, but it sounds like a song from D.V.D.A. (guys from southpark). If you’re looking to do a comedic flash about Pico struggling thru gay life situations and how he overcomes them, look no further.
4/10

Father-of-Death (Barrels of Fun--_-- by BLACKNOISE) – I began to pack my cigarettes on my hand when I put this song on, and what do ya know? It went right along with the beat. ;) This track is your basic high tempo techno song with that same old bass line we’ve all heard a million times. It is a little catchy because the author put in some “Videogame’ish” sounds that do flow well. This is not a bad track, but probably not a good Pico track due to its happy clap your hands feel.
4/10

Father-of-Death (I Am a Robot by JethrotheOMB) – My hell will be sitting in a small box with this song playing on repeat. I don’t know what’s up with people picking songs with lyrics? The worst is picking a song that’s extremely flat sounding and having the same lyrics repeat over and over again. This might be a good song for Blues Clues.
2/10

Father-of-Death (silly monkey by grimace22) – This song kind of reminds me of LSD anyone? Not sure, it’s got a good use of musical instruments, good intro, good outro, and a creepy voice with an echo effect telling me I like silly monkey? This track has a “dreamlike” or “delirious” feel to it. I recommend a listen to this track, but I wouldn’t recommend it has a Pico track.
5/10

fuzz (Surf's up! by lexus3) – A sly track that could be edited easily to make it loop good. It’s unique with a dab of chaotic. I don’t think it would be a bad choice for a Pico Flash, but that also depends on the feel you’re going for.
6/10

Glib (Director of Funk by dj-padman1) – This track is awesome. The wide range of unique samples used give this track an interesting feel. The outro is just a plain old fade out. That makes this track had to loop, but its long enough (4 minutes) that you might have to worry about looping it.
7/10

Glib (mosh moshi qeshi! by qeshi) – Another interesting track. It’s a very playful track with an under the water feel… or maybe floating in the sky feel? It’s very well composed and in keeps the ear interested throughout the whole song.
6/10

Glib (Oh, Pico! By deckheadtottie) – This is by far the worst track I’ve listened to. The quality is complete shit and the guy singing clearly has way to much interest in Pico. (Which may I remind everyone that Pico is a little boy…) No sounds were used, its just lyrics.
-3/10

Heppo (Guitar VS Piano 2.0 by Dj-Rec0il) – The title says it, Guitar vs. Piano. Unfortunately the samples used for the guitar and piano are the same throughout the whole song. It’s a good sounding track at first then your attention is quickly drawn away from the lack of something interesting happening.
2/10

Heppo (Trapdoor (beast mix) by Kaisun) – ACK! Low quality, I had to dramatically readjust my sound to hear anything. It reminds me of an intro to an 80’s cartoon. To bad it sounds like he held a mic up to his TV to record the sounds. If I was the author of this song, I’d re-master it and then resubmit it.
3/10

Heppo (Tropico Loop by Mars-Hill) – This is a short loop only using 2 samples. It’s nothing new, and kind of boring. This track is lacking a lot of things.
1/10

holy-schat (Distorted Reality by fungus1) – This is a cool track because the guitar work is nice and the drums follow it up. The recording is a little low quality, and the song sounds like it is recorded in mono and not stereo. Everyone can dig a track like this and see it being used in a Pico flash.
5/10

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-05 18:03:06

dj-padman1 is an obvious fav. :D

wanted to point out this track, not as a submission, just to show the song to the world!
Dj-Padman1 - Berzerker

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-05 20:55:04

-bump-

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-06 04:23:55

It's late, I didn't get to judging the rest of the music today. I will have to finish it tomorrow.

I understand how this can take time now. I can't imagine how long this would take if a lot more people submitted music. I would rather the judges take their time deciding the winners.

Goodnight and goodluck...

Response to MAC7 - February 2007-03-06 10:02:54

At 3/6/07 04:23 AM, tekcos wrote: It's late, I didn't get to judging the rest of the music today.

Great job though - especially since you're doing it all on your own - like I said earlier, I wish more people would jump in like that.

The Initial results are in and everything is being given a once over for accuracy. We'll soon be posting the 10 finalists for final ordering.

BBS Signature