00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yamusy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Front page award?

782 Views | 13 Replies

Front page award? 2007-01-13 15:15:55

I was thinking, I'm not sure if this has already been asked but why is it getting front-page is not an award that appears with others such as 'Daily Feature'?

I mean, most of the time when someone has something released and then shown on the front-page they have "EDIT: Thanks for front page ^_^" or something added in the description so they obviously like getting it.

I just think it would be cool to be able to go into people profiles and read "This user has had 6 animations displayed on the front-page" or something of that effect. What do you guys think?

Response to Front page award? 2007-01-13 15:17:48

That'd be quite nice. Maybe something for Tom to consider in the near future?

Response to Front page award? 2007-01-13 15:19:38

I guess because it's not technically an award, it's more like being featured on the front page.

BBS Signature

Response to Front page award? 2007-01-13 15:23:08

At 1/13/07 03:19 PM, Anko wrote: I guess because it's not technically an award, it's more like being featured on the front page.

Yeah, well I know that. I just thought it would be nice to see it as an award. I mean, after all; it is rather awarding to your flash as you get thousands and thousands of views to it which will in effect get more hits onto things like your profile, other animations and maybe your site (if you have one)?

Response to Front page award? 2007-01-13 15:25:09

*Rewarding should I say.

Damn typo's...

Response to Front page award? 2007-01-13 15:26:24

Maybe when they update the site in the next 30 years.

"What is a joke exactly?"

BBS Signature

Response to Front page award? 2007-01-13 15:28:53

At 1/13/07 03:19 PM, Phase-X-807 wrote:
At 1/13/07 03:17 PM, Sam wrote: I posted this in a thread of liljims a while ago, he never replied with his thoughts on it :(
Why do you have citric squids sig?

I am CitricSquid.

Response to Front page award? 2007-01-13 15:30:24

Its a good idea and therefore it wont happen :/

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Front page award? 2007-01-13 15:32:43

I don't know about an award. But I have been thinking the same thing for a year or two as well.

Perhaps maybe a "How many time this artist's works have appeared on the front page" count thing in the new profile thing.

And then it would have a little label on the top around the awards "Featured on the front page from 00/00/0000 - 00/00/0000"

Ya know?

Response to Front page award? 2007-01-13 15:35:40

Sounds good to me, the only problem is that it's not really a fairly obtained award.
For example all of the other awards are judged by masses of people, giving an overall opinion.
This award would be basically 'Tom/Wades opinion' award.

I like it.

BBS Signature

Response to Front page award? 2007-01-13 15:36:47

At 1/13/07 03:32 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: Stuff...
Ya know?

Yeah, well I do think now maybe having it as an award wouldn't work out (or would just never happen) but I do think what you've said there would work very well. I've always thought that the NG Profiles should show more information (like an email address maybe?) but who knows if anything will ever happen to them.

Though wait, in saying that what was all this about the NG user's having a page automated from their name like "acerbic.newgrounds.com" sorta' thing? Is that just the new profile page or will it actually be new and different?

Response to Front page award? 2007-01-13 15:38:57

Maybe they'll work that into the site eventually with increased NG community support, or when Tom and his team are rebuilding the site they might incorporate that as well. All in due time hopefully.

However that sounds like an awesome idea, but it COULD lead to an abuse of the front page system by the mods or admins (i forget who decides what goes on front page). That could lead to mods nominating their own flash/flash of good friends for front page (which could be good or bad), therefore resulting in a "corruption" of the front page system. Say for example, a mod repetitively puts a flash that wouldn't represent the best NG had to offer, like a flash that simply has the letter "A" on it. That would cheat an incredibly good artist out of the spot.

Tell me if i'm wrong here lol

For your typos Acerbic, get Firefox 2.0, because it has a spell check built in, but in your case it might not have gone off on your typo post.

BBS Signature

Response to Front page award? 2007-01-13 15:48:41

At 1/13/07 03:38 PM, NapoleanD wrote

However that sounds like an awesome idea, but it COULD lead to an abuse of the front page system by the mods or admins (i forget who decides what goes on front page).

It's the admins who decide it. However, when they submit a movie, it's likely to be on the frontpage, because of its quality. The only admin that submits movies is currently Tom, and that's obviously pretty seldom.

Response to Front page award? 2007-01-13 15:51:31

At 1/13/07 03:36 PM, Acerbic wrote: Though wait, in saying that what was all this about the NG user's having a page automated from their name like "acerbic.newgrounds.com" sorta' thing? Is that just the new profile page or will it actually be new and different?

Totally new and nothing Newgrounds has ever seen before. Suggestions like this should be held of until the new layout and design of Newgrounds is released. This could be a couple months has Tom has said, no one knows an official release date.

So it'll look nothing like our current profiles. They will be more like pages and interactive profiles with other Newgrounds users.